Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Before I put one of my Billet DNA 40's in storage is there something I can do to make sure any juice that leaked in won't kill the board while it sits safely in it's box?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I've got some stab wood panels I'm thinking about unloading to find some other purchases. The orange ones fit very well but add some girth because they aren't round. They fit really nicely though. The teal me orange ones don't fit quite as well but they definitely work. The colors are much more vivid than the pictures show. Anyone interested? Say $50 for both?
441d37df76335f04060a97b163b81485.jpg
aa097156a2b3ca4c0ae8ce61106652ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Before I put one of my Billet DNA 40's in storage is there something I can do to make sure any juice that leaked in won't kill the board while it sits safely in it's box?

The screen panel has 3 screw. You can remove them to see if any juice leaked in. It's not necessarily needed unless you has a massive boro leak. Just a wipe down of the boro compartment is needed.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The screen panel has 3 screw. You can remove them to see if any juice leaked in. It's not necessarily needed unless you has a massive boro leak. Just a wipe down of the boro compartment is needed.

Okay good. That's what I did and put papertowels in there for a while to get any residual wetness then took everything apart and stashed it.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I've got some stab wood panels I'm thinking about unloading to find some other purchases. The orange ones fit very well but add some girth because they aren't round. They fit really nicely though. The teal me orange ones don't fit quite as well but they definitely work. The colors are much more vivid than the pictures show. Anyone interested? Say $50 for both?

Can I just get the teal/orange for $25? Don't really need the others.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Okay good. That's what I did and put papertowels in there for a while to get any residual wetness then took everything apart and stashed it.

Did you actually have leakage into the board compartment? I assumed that connection was sealed to some degree but now I'm wondering since I have had a little leakage from the exocet.

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Do you have any of those panels left?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@jcash74 The exocet for me when I first got it and wicked it use to gurgle or leak until I did this...

2.5 or 3mm coil, wick it and leave about 1/4 inch on each side. Then I take one end of a tweezer and
"gently" poke the rayon or cotton back into the hole, especially around the edges. Do not pack it in there or it will
cause dry hits...... then I just trim off the excess, leaving about 1/8th inch on each side.
Juice up the wick inside and a drop on both sides and install into the tank

I've never had a problem since I started doing it this way. Hope that helps

By the way, love this thread !!
Thanks man, I'll try that. Do you also use rayon?

Rhody

Member For 4 Years
I also put a square piece of paper towel, the size of the boro tank and place it behind the boro tank and screw down
This helps alot with condensation. I usually change it every day

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just bought another BB - the DNA40. Guy here in Toronto always has used ones that he blings out - he is putting croc panels on mine and an insider and it will cost me around 190 Can. It's the blue color ... I will pick it up Wednedsday as that is my fiorst chance to get to the store. He does ship. As for condensation ... he sells condensation plugs but so does 3Fvape and few other sites.He also has buttons, panels, whistle tips et all. I really bling out my BBs with him ... why not, eh. It's Canadian thing to do.

https://ecigarettes.ca/

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you actually have leakage into the board compartment? I assumed that connection was sealed to some degree but now I'm wondering since I have had a little leakage from the exocet.
Not that I could see. It looked perfectly dry and I had some pretty bad leaking at first while I figured out how to work my exocet.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just bought another BB - the DNA40. Guy here in Toronto always has used ones that he blings out - he is putting croc panels on mine and an insider and it will cost me around 190 Can. It's the blue color ... I will pick it up Wednedsday as that is my fiorst chance to get to the store. He does ship. As for condensation ... he sells condensation plugs but so does 3Fvape and few other sites.He also has buttons, panels, whistle tips et all. I really bling out my BBs with him ... why not, eh. It's Canadian thing to do.

https://ecigarettes.ca/
The only thing wrong with these is the lack of bypass charging but then again I charge mostly in regular chargers. Sometimes though, that bypass would be nice.

Other than that. These boxes are what I've been looking for since I started vaping. Now I have them. I'll get as many as I can manage to afford or trade for and stack them up for use at a later date.

Fuck the FDA.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not that I could see. It looked perfectly dry and I had some pretty bad leaking at first while I figured out how to work my exocet.

Thanks!
Yeah, that little bastard is still giving me trouble on occasion ... :cuss2:

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Insider I find to be best and you can get the clone. It works just fine.

ieatOhms

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I have both and have more leaking issues with the insider than the exocet. Once you learn to wick the exocet right it never leaks....I do get the occasional dry hit though, which is usually an indicator that I need to change the cotton. As far as the insider goes...it leaks every time I fill it up, which I haven't figured out why?!?

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have both and have more leaking issues with the insider than the exocet. Once you learn to wick the exocet right it never leaks....I do get the occasional dry hit though, which is usually an indicator that I need to change the cotton. As far as the insider goes...it leaks every time I fill it up, which I haven't figured out why?!?
Have not had a leak yet. I do use a condensation plug though.

ieatOhms

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have not had a leak yet. I do use a condensation plug though.

I definitely think that might be the issue. Too much air getting in when I open it to fill it and it pisses juice out the airflow. I just ordered some...hopefully it solves the issue.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Sweet, great color picks

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As far as the insider goes...it leaks every time I fill it up, which I haven't figured out why?!?

That's when I sometimes have an issue with the Exocet too, when I go to fill it. It doesn't do it at first, I can fill it a couple of times without issue but then subsequent refills, if I try to top it off too much, it starts leaking out the airflow.

I can only speculate on what is happening but I'm guessing the wick is collapsing to some degree.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I have one but haven't gotten to try it yet. I took it apart to clean it and left it in a small tray on my kitchen counter to dry but apparently my cat thought it was a hockey puck so he swatted it onto the floor! :cuss2:

I found everything except the itty bitty insulator that goes on the positive pin. :(

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have one but haven't gotten to try it yet. I took it apart to clean it and left it in a small tray on my kitchen counter to dry but apparently my cat thought it was a hockey puck so he swatted it onto the floor! :cuss2:

I found everything except the itty bitty insulator that goes on the positive pin. :(

You mean the black plastic piece with the two slots? I believe that's the airflow control so you should be good to use the Exocet without it.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You mean the black plastic piece with the two slots? I believe that's the airflow control so you should be good to use the Exocet without it.

No, not that piece. This is for the Insider not the Exocet and it's not the finned air controller that fits on bottom. I removed the positive pin and post from the atty in order to clean it. It's the insulator that goes on the positive pin which isolates it from the atty deck.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, not that piece. This is for the Insider not the Exocet and it's not the finned air controller that fits on bottom. I removed the positive pin and post from the atty in order to clean it. It's the insulator that goes on the positive pin which isolates it from the atty deck.

Oh noooooo!

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can't believe how much nicer this DNA 60 version is. I have no movement in the panels and the larger screen is a nice addition. Thanks again @dre for setting this up!

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you go from the purple to the gold they get progressively better. Lol.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So what colors do you all want to see next? My vote is for a Fawkes, Clear, or Kurbis.

Oh and Exocet vs. Insider. Better atty?

ieatOhms

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh and Exocet vs. Insider. Better atty?

They are both good. You can't go wrong with either. You have people the prefer one over the other, but like anything else...it's subjective. Get both you won't be disappointed with either. I have both and use both daily...the flavor is about the same...then again, that's subjective as well, depending on the build you have in them. I use fused Claptons that ohm out around 0.3 and they both are nice warm flavorful vapes.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Pro tip to keep your billet mint. Lay it button side up when you set it down. This will keep the aluminum bottom scratch free. Also reduces the chance of knocking the mod over and really scratching it. The panels are easy to buff out. The anodizing isn't. Once scratched the value goes down.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There we go. Just 5. Though if I can make it 10, I will.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just need to add the Dober and the one I just traded for today. Yes, that is 5 BB's. For now. Honestly, I'm stocking up.
1959de62ab303ace251712a4307d6558.jpg

You need some panels. Checks out mums vape on Facebook. $87 single color $107 dual color and he ships super fast.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have some. They aren't here yet.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just ordered the grey SXK panels for my blue BB, hopefully they don't take 2 months to get to me, like the BB I ordered from china.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats cool. I wouldn't know where to start making it a Lipo conversion but for that prince I might try. I think @dre has one of these.

VU Sponsors