Become a Patron!

Blueberry Cheesecake

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
TFA Blueberry Wild 5% (revised downward)(just raise it up if it's too weak)
TFA Cheesecake (Graham Crust) 5%

The Cheesecake will overpower the Blueberry if used any higher IMO.

You can sub the TFA Blueberry Wild with FW/CAP Blueberry but might need less.
Edit: Forgot to mention TFA Blueberry Extra will work too.
And/Or
Sub the TFA Cheesecake with CAP NY Cheesecake at the same percent.
Or add 3% NY Cheesecake to this.

Edit:Lacking somewhat in the "filling part" although still good.
Needs some Cream Cheese, Yogurt, or something...

These are the percents I like myself but YMMV.

Last edited:

Tonyboy420

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have Loranns blueberry right now should I stay at the same percent?

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TFA Blueberry Wild 5% (revised downward)
TFA Cheesecake (Graham Crust) 5%

The Cheesecake will overpower the Blueberry if used any higher IMO.

You can sub the TFA Blueberry Wild with FW/CAP Blueberry but might need less.
And/Or
Sub the TFA Cheesecake with CAP NY Cheesecake at the same percent.
Or add 3% NY Cheesecake to this.

Edit:Lacking somewhat in the "filling part" although still good.
Needs some Cream Cheese, Yogurt, or something...

These are the percents I like myself but YMMV.
Heabob. I'm having good luck with this cheesecake base.
NY Cheesecake(CAP) 5%
GC Cheesecake(TFA) 2%
Whipped Cream(CAP) 2%
Vanilla Classic(FA) .5%
Add whatever fruit (I use Bilberry(FA) or Raspberry(FA) @.5%)

Nikolais

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
NY Cheesecake(CAP) 5%
GC Cheesecake(TFA) 2%
Whipped Cream(CAP) 2%
Vanilla Classic(FA) .5%
I find raspberry overpowering even at .5% and i love raspberries as a fruit. i have yet to find a good raspberry recipe and i tried raspberry flavor from all vendors. it tastes nothing like raspberries, more like raspberrries on steroids lol.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
NY Cheesecake(CAP) 5%
GC Cheesecake(TFA) 2%
Whipped Cream(CAP) 2%
Vanilla Classic(FA) .5%
You think inw raspberry would be too candy like?

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I never tried it, but a lot of the mixers here love it. Near as I can tell, .5-.75% seems to be what they use.
Rhodonite is my favorite. Don't know how it would work in this. I like yours with fa better than inw.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I find raspberry overpowering even at .5% and i love raspberries as a fruit. i have yet to find a good raspberry recipe and i tried raspberry flavor from all vendors. it tastes nothing like raspberries, more like raspberrries on steroids lol.
You could always try a 12 ml recipe for the flavors but only use the raspberry level for a 10 ml batch. I find 0.5 hard to measure by weight for really concentrated fa flavors. That is if you wanted to try a smaller batch.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Easier to use Drops for Raspberry, ie., 5 drops or less IMO.

You could probably make a Blue-Razz this way.
5% Blueberry + 3-5 drops INW or FA Raspberry.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Heabob
I want to try the recipe you are having luck with but I don't have CAP whipped cream. I assume that is the newer CAP Vanilla Whipped Cream. I do have TFA Whipped Cream and have been reading reviews of the two. I get from the reviews that CAP is sweeter than TFA and maybe more vanilla? Does that mean I can't really sub TFA Whipped Cream in this recipe? I have other stuff.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@Heabob
I want to try the recipe you are having luck with but I don't have CAP whipped cream. I assume that is the newer CAP Vanilla Whipped Cream. I do have TFA Whipped Cream and have been reading reviews of the two. I get from the reviews that CAP is sweeter than TFA and maybe more vanilla? Does that mean I can't really sub TFA Whipped Cream in this recipe? I have other stuff.

TFA Whipped Cream is good, but really light.... if you added some CAP Sweet Cream, that would make it more authentic.

Andria

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Heabob

You can use any Whipped Cream you have, as most are pretty close in taste IMO.
And I suspect you could even use Marshmallow instead.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You can use any Whipped Cream you have, as most are pretty close in taste IMO.
And I suspect you could even use Marshmallow instead.
I actually discovered that I have TFA Sweet Cream so I used that at 2%. Why not. The Sweet Cream smelled good out of the bottle. Hope it works. It is steeping.

jennyyili

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
two days ago, i try to buy a new flavor--blueberry add menthol, it is beyond my expectation ,taste very good,thanks the vender.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
NY Cheesecake(CAP) 5%
GC Cheesecake(TFA) 2%
Whipped Cream(CAP) 2%
Vanilla Classic(FA) .5%

Update: I've also had some better results by mixing the 2 Cheesecakes together at a 1/1 ratio.

timmer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have bb wild and billberry, How do you think if I added .05 of billberry for punch? I haven't tried billberry yet. I also have bb candy and caps bbjam, haven't tried any of them yet, anyone familiar with them?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have bb wild and billberry, How do you think if I added .05 of billberry for punch? I haven't tried billberry yet. I also have bb candy and caps bbjam, haven't tried any of them yet, anyone familiar with them?

What brand bilberry? I've got Inawera's, which might actually be 'shisha bilberry', but don't know about any others. That one tastes like blueberries in baked goods; it particularly reminded me of the flavor of blueberry fruit 'n grain bars.

Blueberry is a really delicate flavor, so combining 2-4 different versions of it might be the only way to keep it from disappearing behind other flavors.

Andria

timmer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
FA billberry. I'm new with fruits, so far berries seem to get covered by creams. Trying to get a berry cheesecake going. I'm relatively happy with my keylime cheese cake and lemon. I think you were telling me about shisa strawberry at 15%. I have it steeping, I have a few strawberries steeping, got frustrated with them so put them in a dark corner. stone fruits so far seem to stand up to custards better for me but then again I'm kinda new at this. Just got a scale, so much more enjoyable.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
FA billberry. I'm new with fruits, so far berries seem to get covered by creams. Trying to get a berry cheesecake going. I'm relatively happy with my keylime cheese cake and lemon. I think you were telling me about shisa strawberry at 15%. I have it steeping, I have a few strawberries steeping, got frustrated with them so put them in a dark corner. stone fruits so far seem to stand up to custards better for me but then again I'm kinda new at this. Just got a scale, so much more enjoyable.

Well, *I* use shisha strawberry at almost 15%, but most folks seem to like it at 2%, for some unknown reason -- when I tried it at 4% and 8%, it just tasted "thin" to me, so I thought, well hell, double it then -- my original recipe used it at 16%! But I've backed off that by 9% now, so it's right around 14.5%.

That getting covered up by creams and other background flavors is what I meant, about blueberry; it's just a mild, delicate flavor, so it does seem to need doubling-down on types of blueberry used in a recipe. My favorite for actual flavor is TFA's Blueberry Extra, but anything over 8% just disappears completely, and just 8% of that flavor gets hidden by the background flavors. The next time I try a blueberry recipe, I thought I'd try something like this:

TFA - Blueberry Extra 6.5%
TFA - Blueberry Wild 2.0%
INW - Shisha Bilberry 1.0%

I don't really do much with FA flavors.

Andria

ETA: - the entire point of using so extreme an amount of the shisha strawberry was to completely eliminate steeping -- I have no patience for it either. so if you used 15% shisha strawberry AND you're steeping it, it may not taste very good.

timmer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good info, thanks. I more then a few times making a strawberry cheese cake in different ways. The berry is weak and in the background. I'll try the shisha in a few days to see what steeping does to it. I tried some of the super low recipies by hics, he's knows his stuff and gets great reviews but I don't taste %s that low. I think your taste is closer to mine. I found a thread where you posted a bunch of recipes, if you are lady red. I read for hours and took notes, great stuff, you gave me a lot of ideas. Thanks for that. I don't have blueberry extra but will try to raise the bb wild and add some billberry and try to keep my creams down so the berry can be in the front. Do fruits need a long steep? I've got some peach steeping, at first taste, it's not there at all. I want some smack you in the face fruit flavors. that's for taking the time to help me.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good info, thanks. I more then a few times making a strawberry cheese cake in different ways. The berry is weak and in the background. I'll try the shisha in a few days to see what steeping does to it. I tried some of the super low recipies by hics, he's knows his stuff and gets great reviews but I don't taste %s that low. I think your taste is closer to mine. I found a thread where you posted a bunch of recipes, if you are lady red. I read for hours and took notes, great stuff, you gave me a lot of ideas. Thanks for that. I don't have blueberry extra but will try to raise the bb wild and add some billberry and try to keep my creams down so the berry can be in the front. Do fruits need a long steep? I've got some peach steeping, at first taste, it's not there at all. I want some smack you in the face fruit flavors. that's for taking the time to help me.

No, I'm always just AndriaD -- I do have a blog post, with 3 of my very best recipes in it, including the shisha strawberry & cream.

As far as I know, fruits don't need any particular amount of time, at least that's what I've read. But then again, I've read that creams and custards do need steeping, yet in my strawberry & cream, I use a sufficient amount that no steeping is necessary or even desirable. I'm highly in favor of using sufficient flavoring to avoid steeping altogether, or failing that, reduce it to an absolute minimum -- when I cook a great meal, I don't put it on the shelf for a week or a month before eating it!

But then of course it must be observed that some flavors don't do well if you use "too much" -- TFA Blueberry Extra is a prime example -- more than 8% and the flavor completely vanishes, which is a mystery to me, but I've experienced it and know that it's true. Almost any tobacco-type flavor becomes VERY foul if you use more than a smidgen -- those other 2 recipes in my blog post are sweet tobacco type, and the way I get around that foulness is by using 2-3 diff tobacco type flavors together, to strengthen the taste without making it vomitous. With blueberry, I think 2-3 diff blueberries together is maybe the only way to get a really strong blueberry flavor.

With peach... well, I'm not really the best judge, since I'm kinda lukewarm on that flavor in any case, but I think it's another that can be either vanishingly weak, or downright foul -- TFA's Juicy Peach tastes perfumey to me, and INW's Peach tastes more like rotten or overripe peaches -- but Inawera is in Poland, so just what the hell do Poles know about peaches? That's a warm-climate fruit! Even here in Georgia, The Peach State, there are about a gazillion different versions of "peachtree" street road way parkway etc etc etc here in Atlanta, but you won't find peach trees actually producing peaches very much north of Macon! At least, not the great big juicy ones that come from S. GA! :giggle:

Andria

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
FA billberry. I'm new with fruits, so far berries seem to get covered by creams.

You can try adding small amounts of Bilberry to boost the Blueberry some.
Or even just use a higher amount of Blueberry Wild, could do 10-15% if needed.
Small amount of FE Blackberry will also boost the Blueberry as it's way stronger than most Blueberry flavorings.
Also it doesn't get so easily lost in recipes with Creams, etc.

timmer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the info Andriad and hebob. I ordered some blueberry extra today, should be here tomorrow. So I have bb wild, extra and billberry to play with. Question. Should I let my cheesecake base steep a month and then add the fruits in? It seems somtimes the fruits fade on a long steep. Also I read something that caught my interest so much I'm trying it because of lack of sweetness. I am steeping some PG,VG and nicotine with 2% sweetner, nothing else yet. Maybe a sweeter base will give an overall sweetness to everything. Wonder if anyone has had any luck with that or even tried it, lol. I report back on it when I try it.

timmer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hebob, a question. You go with NY cheese cake at 5% in your recipe, does that still stand? I made cheesecake months ago and forgot about it, just found it and it's great but... I forgot the %. I don't want it too cheesy, wonder what the point of great flavor before it starts getting too cheesy. Do you ever add sweetner to it? I haven't used sweetners to much yet but some juice feels...dry, someone said it's not sweet enough,. I know marshmallow,sweet creams but how about straight sucrlose or em or stevia, thoughts?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the info Andriad and hebob. I ordered some blueberry extra today, should be here tomorrow. So I have bb wild, extra and billberry to play with. Question. Should I let my cheesecake base steep a month and then add the fruits in? It seems somtimes the fruits fade on a long steep. Also I read something that caught my interest so much I'm trying it because of lack of sweetness. I am steeping some PG,VG and nicotine with 2% sweetner, nothing else yet. Maybe a sweeter base will give an overall sweetness to everything. Wonder if anyone has had any luck with that or even tried it, lol. I report back on it when I try it.
Hebob, a question. You go with NY cheese cake at 5% in your recipe, does that still stand? I made cheesecake months ago and forgot about it, just found it and it's great but... I forgot the %. I don't want it too cheesy, wonder what the point of great flavor before it starts getting too cheesy. Do you ever add sweetner to it? I haven't used sweetners to much yet but some juice feels...dry, someone said it's not sweet enough,. I know marshmallow,sweet creams but how about straight sucrlose or em or stevia, thoughts?

Hmm. You haven't used much sweetener, but you don't find stuff very sweet? Then use more sweetener! When I first started making the strawberry & cream recipe, I was using 2.5% (or MORE!), and did that for over a year, maybe a year and a half, before I finally started being able to taste a bit more, but it was very slow -- at first I just went down to 2.4%, then 2.3%, 2.2%, etc, till I was using right around 2%, for maybe 3-6 months. Then all of a sudden, this summer, that suddenly became WAY too much, and I started heading for 1.5% - 1% territory. Now I use maybe .6% (with the decreased amounts of the other ingredients), and let it steep for maybe a week.

The best sweetener I've tried is TFA's Sweetener; it doesn't taste artificial to me, as other brands of sucralose sometimes do. Some folks claim that EM is a sweetener, but it's not really very sweet; it offers more of a "body" than an actual sweetness. Some folks love stevia, but I've never tried it.

The main thing to realize with DIY is that it does not matter one iota how other people do it -- you're not making ejuice for them, you're making it for YOU, so if you want it sweeter, add more sweetener! Everyone freaked out when I started making my strawberry & cream, using 31% flavor, +2.5% of which was sweetener -- but I wasn't making it to suit THEM, but to suit ME. Now that my tastebuds are STARTING to wake up, I'm down around 26% total flavoring -- which some people STILL consider "way too much" -- but again... I ain't making it for THEM, so who cares what they think! :D

Andria

timmer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
AndriaD that was just what I needed to hear. I haven't used sweeteners because of what I've read, that it's masking a bad mix,etc. I almost always add a little menthol to get that dry taste out and make it more interesting. I've been mixing for a few years now but was limited to two flavors, menthol and Carmel orig. In July I went to the states and loaded up on flavors and now I've found a guy that ships here. I've got tons of flavors and now doing tons of reading, this is fun. I've mixed some recipes, improvised a few. last week I finally got a scale, that makes it much more fun. Your right I'm mixing for me. I will start experimenting with sweeteners, thanks.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
AndriaD that was just what I needed to hear. I haven't used sweeteners because of what I've read, that it's masking a bad mix,etc. I almost always add a little menthol to get that dry taste out and make it more interesting. I've been mixing for a few years now but was limited to two flavors, menthol and Carmel orig. In July I went to the states and loaded up on flavors and now I've found a guy that ships here. I've got tons of flavors and now doing tons of reading, this is fun. I've mixed some recipes, improvised a few. last week I finally got a scale, that makes it much more fun. Your right I'm mixing for me. I will start experimenting with sweeteners, thanks.

Cool. I've heard so much total CRAP about using such high levels of flavoring and sweetener, like "That can't be good for you," etc. Guess what? IT'S A DAMN SIGHT BETTER FOR ME THAN 39 YEARS OF COFFIN NAILS! :giggle: Vaping is harm REDUCTION, not "harm elimination" -- however one needs to vape, in order to be really happy with vaping instead of smoking, is a good way to vape. Which is why, although I think cloud chasing is a bit silly, I can't really fault those who really need to have that kind of thick vapor in order to feel satisfied -- I personally need a lot more TH than most who've been vaping for a while, and if I don't have a tight draw, I am NOT satisfied. It's very definitely NOT one-size-fits-all, and thank god for that; it's why vaping works so well for so many to give up smoking!

The only real down-side I've found to using high levels of flavoring/sweetener, is that it really does increase the gunking problem; I had to go to RDAs exclusively, because in my old Kayfuns, that hold around 4ml, I was ending up wasting half of it, because of the darkening of the juice from the gunk backwashing off the coil. Now that I'm at 26% instead of 31%, it's somewhat less; I only need to dry-burn/re-wick about twice a week, instead of every-other-day. Just figure out what tastes best, vapes best, to YOU -- that's all that really matters!

Andria

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

5% NY Cheesecake may be too much for some people so you've got to find the spot you like best.
You can even add Marshmallow no problem.
Sweetener I'd be careful with as it easy to make things too sweet, and it's really hard to fix.
I'd be using 1-3 drops in 10-15ml to start with til you find your "sweet spot":D.
But as Andria said, adjust it to your own liking as all recipes are just basic starting points.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
5% NY Cheesecake may be too much for some people so you've got to find the spot you like best.
You can even add Marshmallow no problem.
Sweetener I'd be careful with as it easy to make things too sweet, and it's really hard to fix.
I'd be using 1-3 drops in 10-15ml to start with til you find your "sweet spot":D.
But as Andria said, adjust it to your own liking as all recipes are just basic starting points.

I had a LOT of difficulties with this "drops" thing. It's impossible to quantify what percentage that equals, so it's not scalable whatsoever. And number of drops per ml is going to change drastically depending on dropper, dropper-opening-size, and viscosity of the liquid -- the thick honey-like VG vs thin PG, makes a radical difference in number of drops. I'm terrible at math, but I understand that formulas for mixing things need to always be scalable.

Best if you want to start low, to use .1%, .2%, like that. That way, when you hit on a level of sweetness you like, you can very easily scale the recipe to whatever size bottle you like. Once I started always using percentages in my recipes vs. this inane drops idea, my mixes started turning out MUCH better.

Andria

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had a LOT of difficulties with this "drops" thing. It's impossible to quantify what percentage that equals, so it's not scalable whatsoever. And number of drops per ml is going to change drastically depending on dropper, dropper-opening-size, and viscosity of the liquid -- the thick honey-like VG vs thin PG, makes a radical difference in number of drops. I'm terrible at math, but I understand that formulas for mixing things need to always be scalable.

Best if you want to start low, to use .1%, .2%, like that. That way, when you hit on a level of sweetness you like, you can very easily scale the recipe to whatever size bottle you like. Once I started always using percentages in my recipes vs. this inane drops idea, my mixes started turning out MUCH better.

Andria

I agree with this completely when mixing flavorings.
But I've been using the same dropper bottle for sweetener for over 2 years so nothing ever changes.
And when my scale won't register 1-3 drops sometimes things get iffy.
Although I only mix 10-15ml batches at a time because I get tired of the same recipe over & over.
So it does make more sense to use a scale when making larger batches.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree with this completely when mixing flavorings.
But I've been using the same dropper bottle for sweetener for over 2 years so nothing ever changes.
And when my scale won't register 1-3 drops sometimes things get iffy.
Although I only mix 10-15ml batches at a time because I get tired of the same recipe over & over.
So it does make more sense to use a scale when making larger batches.

I just use syringes, and measure directly into the bottle. If I'm trying a new recipe, I make only 5ml, to see if the recipe is any good, or perhaps needs tweaking. If I get something that seems vapable, then I'll make 10ml and see if I actually reach for it instead of my usual strawberry & cream. Since Dec 2014, I haven't found anything I like better, or even as well as, that strawberry & cream. So mostly I just mix a 55ml batch of that in a 60ml bottle every week.

Andria

timmer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
great info guys, thanks. I found out last week a drop varies. I always assumed 20 drops was a mil. But a few weeks ago I measured with a scale that goes down to 00.1. Some little bottles of flavors I have take 37 drops for 1 mil! I was way off. Hebob I will start looking for my sweet spot for cheesecake. Do you think it's a good idea to mix the cheesecake and let it steep a month and then add fruits? or does it matter and do berries need steep time?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
great info guys, thanks. I found out last week a drop varies. I always assumed 20 drops was a mil. But a few weeks ago I measured with a scale that goes down to 00.1. Some little bottles of flavors I have take 37 drops for 1 mil! I was way off. Hebob I will start looking for my sweet spot for cheesecake. Do you think it's a good idea to mix the cheesecake and let it steep a month and then add fruits? or does it matter and do berries need steep time?

Rarely steep fruits, at least intentionally, for more than a couple days, but a few, like CAP, might need a week.
I'd have to say the same for Cheesecake, 1 week should be fine.
Don't really see a need to mix & steep a separate batch without fruits tho.
If the fruits are fading too much after a week you may need to raise amount or try some other brands.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just use syringes, and measure directly into the bottle. If I'm trying a new recipe, I make only 5ml, to see if the recipe is any good, or perhaps needs tweaking. If I get something that seems vapable, then I'll make 10ml and see if I actually reach for it instead of my usual strawberry & cream. Since Dec 2014, I haven't found anything I like better, or even as well as, that strawberry & cream. So mostly I just mix a 55ml batch of that in a 60ml bottle every week.

Andria

In your case I can see why you don't bother with using a scale:D..
I used syringes for like a year and didn't really have any issues.
Started mixing more complicated stuff and a scale just made it easier to get more consistency.

timmer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks, this info is helpful. So some caps fruits need a steep. I tried adding some sucralose last night, I didn't notice much change in flavor but my wics turned black. I think I'll leave the sweetener out of the equation. I just got two scales, I love it, measures down to 00.1, so sensitive it measures down to the drop. I have mixers block, overwhelmed.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In your case I can see why you don't bother with using a scale:D..
I used syringes for like a year and didn't really have any issues.
Started mixing more complicated stuff and a scale just made it easier to get more consistency.

Yeah consistency really is key; that's why I stopped fiddling with drops -- I've got3 or 4 different size droppers around here, and my own tests of "drops per ml" yielded such huge discrepancies between PG and VG (35-39 drops if it's all PG; 25-27 drops if it's all VG; something between those 2 if it's a mix -- and that's just ONE dropper!).. so I finally gave up on drops completely and got a lot of 1ml syringes so I can measure hundredths of a ml -- and with that consistency, my mixes got better immediately.

Andria

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks, this info is helpful. So some caps fruits need a steep. I tried adding some sucralose last night, I didn't notice much change in flavor but my wics turned black. I think I'll leave the sweetener out of the equation. I just got two scales, I love it, measures down to 00.1, so sensitive it measures down to the drop. I have mixers block, overwhelmed.

Another option for sweetening is Stevia.
I use NOW brand Better Stevia in Glycerite(VG) diluted 50% with PG for easier mixing/measuring.
Doesn't seem to bother wicks too much, but again I only use a few drops.
But normally I'm using other flavors to help sweeten anyway.
0.5-1% FA Marshmallow
0.5-1% FA Meringue
0.5% FA Coconut (adds a buttery effect, for me anyway)
0.5-1% TFA Brown Sugar (although this one is known for coil gunking also)
1-2% CAP Vanilla Whipped Cream (sometimes used)
Sweet Cream, TFA Dairy Milk, INW Shisha Vanilla
(Creams & Vanillas seem to have a positive effect on sweetening things up too).
(Even adding some TFA Strawberry Ripe can bring some sweetness to the mix).

timmer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks hebob. I have most of the flavors you mentioned. I was looking for stevia in town today. Do you think if I found some that was in a grain form I could dilute it with pg, would that work? I have some sweet and low but haven't tried it. I just got some fw yellow cake because so many recipes call for it and people rave about it, gotta try. If you know any good recipes that call for yellow cake let me know. I know that it gunks coils but gotta try it.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks hebob. I have most of the flavors you mentioned. I was looking for stevia in town today. Do you think if I found some that was in a grain form I could dilute it with pg, would that work? I have some sweet and low but haven't tried it. I just got some fw yellow cake because so many recipes call for it and people rave about it, gotta try. If you know any good recipes that call for yellow cake let me know. I know that it gunks coils but gotta try it.

Best to use Stevia Extract in liquid form as dissolving the powder is iffy IMO.
Local health food stores may have some, alcohol based is also OK too, as such a small amount is used it won't be detected.
Just be sure it doesn't list any other odd things included on the label.

This one just posted on another thread by @KGuardian that's using Yellow Cake.http://vapingunderground.com/threads/whiteowl84-vanilla-custard-v3.279779/#post-1425114
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/224872/Strawberry Shortcake Bar

timmer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
question. I use to mix at 70vg, 30pg. I see a lot of recipes at 80% vg. I mix now at 50/50 under the assumption it carries more flavor. I don't care about big clouds. Does 50/50 carry more flavor? I don't notice a difference in throat hit. So why are so many recipes maxed with VG? I want flavor not clouds, am I on the right track here?

VU Sponsors