Become a Patron!

Caddisfly's Rhubarb-Berry Compote & Biscuits

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, as it so happens you will be getting a package shipped out to you on Monday with some lemongrass, CLOVE, & tfa Apple pie for all you sent me lady! I'm thinking spiced banana nut bread. Remember, I ain't touching that play-dough for another 51 weeks. It's steeping silly. All good things to those who wait, right?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anything that has to age one year, one of two things is gonna happen - it's gonna continue to rot, or it'll be the best, most expensive juice on the market.
Something tells me it will be the former.... :teehee:

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't get any saltiness from the play-dough...I mean funnel cake. Sorry I think I wrote play-dough over the funnel cake sticker so I would know what flavor I was making. Now I just have to add food coloring for the kids.:D

I used to nibble at play dough from time to time as a child.
I remember the saltiness.

Funnel cake, joy and crab farts anybody?
Hell you could even add the cheese and a little bacon for a doughy crab pizza

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used to nibble at play dough from time to time as a child.
I remember the saltiness.

Funnel cake, joy and crab farts anybody?
Hell you could even add the cheese and a little bacon for a doughy crab pizza
:blech::blech::blech:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never ate Play-Dough, never ate my own boogers, sorry. My kid brother used to bite his toenails though. :confused: ...growing up with him, I saw some pretty gross stuff. Kinda deterred me from doing it myself.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kinda deterred you, so you partook a little. Just the odd taste here and there. His toenails or yours?
:hamster:
Oh no, his own, I wouldn't let him near me except to smack him. We used to fight like cats and dogs....ha! He used to sit outside in mud puddles, dipped cookies in mud and ate 'em. But refused to eat vegetables at the dinner table. Weird little shit, he was....:giggle:

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
T, doing stuff like that as a kid is how you learn. It's character building, right Semi? At least that's what my older brother who used to pound ants with a hammer, eat them, and force feed them to me used to tell me. He'd tell me they were yummy, chocolate covered ants. Growing up was tough.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
T, doing stuff like that as a kid is how you learn. It's character building, right Semi? At least that's what my older brother who used to pound ants with a hammer, eat them, and force feed them to me used to tell me. He'd tell me they were yummy, chocolate covered ants. Growing up was tough.
With a sibling, yes, it can be. He used to pull my hair so hard that I could feel and hear my scalp separate from my skull. :eek: To this day, I'm a hair dresser's dream, not the least bit tender-headed. You can tie my hair around your back bumper and drive down I-40 and it doesn't hurt. HA!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How can you like the statement above, T? I'm sad to say it's true. He was 10 years older than I and those ants were disgusting. I'm still mad at him for that. Dad used to say he didn't know what was wrong with the kid. He'd sit out in the driveway killing and eating ants as a teenager and dad couldn't make him stop.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With a sibling, yes, it can be. He used to pull my hair so hard that I could feel and hear my scalp separate from my skull. :eek: To this day, I'm a hair dresser's dream, not the least bit tender-headed. You can tie my hair around your back bumper and drive down I-40 and it doesn't hurt. HA!
Lmao! Damn mean, weird brothers! Why didn't them two get to grow up together? I think they would have liked each other. Well, my brother did have a mean streak temper. They just might have killed each other after they got done eating ants and cookies dipped in mud.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How can you like the statement above, T? I'm sad to say it's true. He was 10 years older than I and those ants were disgusting. I'm still mad at him for that. Dad used to say he didn't know what was wrong with the kid. He'd sit out in the driveway killing and eating ants as a teenager and dad couldn't make him stop.
What can I say? I was the older of us two and I tormented him as much as I could....lol! But the toenails and the cookies and mud? All him....lol!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure if I like Capella waffle. Now, that I think of the taste of funnel cake, I think I taste although in it too, but at least it's covered in a nice tasting syrup.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you click like, unlike, and like again? I need more :coffee2: !!
When we were little, I had one of these...

bjV5qov.jpg

That was every little girl's dream, the Suzy Homemaker washing machine. You could actually run water to it from the sink with the attached hose, and I loved washing my little doll clothes in it. I really don't remember exactly what I'd done to make him so angry with me (could have been anything, really), but I went to put in a load of dolly clothes one day and discovered he'd climbed up there and taken a dump in it. That was the ultimate right there, if Mom hadn't pulled me off of him he'd have been another shiny rock in the graveyard that day.....:cuss2::tantrum::devil:

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
LOL @ you two. And Teresa, for your information, I only liked your last post for the cool bakelite washing machine, not for your brother taking a dump in the poor thing, in case you're wondering :poop:

And Dainatree, yep you're spot on. All of the gross things we did and witnessed as children sure were character building.
For better or for worse, who knows!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When we were little, I had one of these...

bjV5qov.jpg

That was every little girl's dream, the Suzy Homemaker washing machine. You could actually run water to it from the sink with the attached hose, and I loved washing my little doll clothes in it. I really don't remember exactly what I'd done to make him so angry with me (could have been anything, really), but I went to put in a load of dolly clothes one day and discovered he'd climbed up there and taken a dump in it. That was the ultimate right there, if Mom hadn't pulled me off of him he'd have been another shiny rock in the graveyard that day.....:cuss2::tantrum::devil:
Oh dear. Now I hate your brother too! That is absolutely horrible & disgusting! But at the same time I am laughing so hard. What does that say about me? Well, I guess if our brothers grew up together and you and I grew up together T, maybe, just maybe we would have had a much different childhood. Our brothers would probably both be dead, as they'd have killed each other years ago, with the sound of things.

And Semi, between all that has been said in this thread, I've been laughing so hard. You two are great fun. Is this like Vegas? Will everything said just remain here in this thread?

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And Semi, between all that has been said in this thread, I've been laughing so hard. You two are great fun. Is this like Vegas? Will everything said just remain here in this thread?

Yea Daintanee this thread has had me in tears too.
You two are great value! I'd like to say that what happens in the thread stays in the thread.... but hang on.... we're in a public space.
For the sake of humankind, we can only hope that we're not quoted or plagiarized.

Bugger it, lets just ride it out, if we go too far here, we could start a new thread or hijack someone else's, and make a bigger mess.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lmao... even at my own :idea:. Talk about disgusting vapes @PreparationHero ...we so need to create the chocolate covered ants and chewed toenails and cookies dipped in mud and salty, runny boogers. If we opened up our own shop, how long do you think it would take to go out of business?:ejuice::bomb:

Haaa my mom always talks about her walks on the wild side and eating chocolate covered ants. Do they still sell them in the States?

PreparationHero

I drink and I know things
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Lmao... even at my own :idea:. Talk about disgusting vapes @PreparationHero ...we so need to create the chocolate covered ants and chewed toenails and cookies dipped in mud and salty, runny boogers. If we opened up our own shop, how long do you think it would take to go out of business?:ejuice::bomb:

I'm assuming all of those flavors are going to be in the recipe and it still sounds better than smoking an analog.

Small update, I'm going to try to get the girlfriend to try it first without telling her how bad it's going to be.

PreparationHero

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Caddisfly's Rhubarb-Berry Compote & Biscuits
2 % INW Biscuit 2.5%
1% CAP Sweet Strawberry
.5% FA Orange
.5-FLV Lemongrass ·25%
.5% INW Rhubarb .25%
.5% INW Shisha Vanilla 1%
.25% NN Boysenberry Jam

This one is for you @caddisfly ! A while back you sent me some NN Boysenberry Jam & I sent you some INW Rhubarb. I'm mixing you up a bottle and sending your way buddy! I know both of us have been busy and I miss mixing online with you, so this one's for you!
Cheers, my good friend!

Wow it's been 4 days and this flavor has not faded. It is very in your face. I adjusted %'s to make it smoother, but still great flavor. Adjustments are in red.
It's the red plus or minus?

Also I ordered lemon grass and they sent me more lemon Sicily by mistake. =/

PreparationHero

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Fresh lemon grass is amazing. It's a very popular ingredient in Thailand as well as other south east Asian countries. Next time you pass an Asian grocer try to grab a few fresh stalks. Cut off a tiny smidgen and give it a whirl. It's quite firm and tough, and is used more to flavor meals as a pose to be eaten in chunks on its own. It's usually chopped finely and cooked for a while as larger morsels are tough to chew. Just sucking on it you will get that yummy lemon/limey flavor.

As for the rich cinnamon, I just ordered that coz of the notes above. Cinnamon is one of my favorite flavors in the world. If there's something better than FA, I need it!
You're making me miss thailand and all the delicious food. I would kill for some issan sausage served off a cart by a one legged man right about now.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know they say taste is subjective and all that jazz, and normally I do not recommend flavors. But, @PreparationHero if indeed you are into those flavors as I am, I do recommend certain flavors for you to try out.
For ginger: NF organic ginger
For Black Pepper: FA Black Pepper
For Cardamom: FA Cardamom
For nutmeg: tfa holiday spice
For cinnamon: FLV Rich Cinnamon
For clove: FLV clove
For lemongrass: FLV lemongrass

I want to try FA saffron and one rosemary, but haven't. Low % of Zen garden give a basil taste.

Flv is expensive and hit or miss, but I also recommend the lime highly. Pound cake is ok. If slyly like custard theirs is good, but at 10%. T raves about their chocolate Deutsche and Roddenberry, but says blueberry muffin ain't that great.

Oh yeah and inw chili, tastes like a bowl of chili, not chili peppers.

PreparationHero

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I know they say taste is subjective and all that jazz, and normally I do not recommend flavors. But, @PreparationHero if indeed you are into those flavors as I am, I do recommend certain flavors for you to try out.
For ginger: NF organic ginger
For Black Pepper: FA Black Pepper
For Cardamom: FA Cardamom
For nutmeg: tfa holiday spice
For cinnamon: FLV Rich Cinnamon
For clove: FLV clove
For lemongrass: FLV lemongrass

I want to try FA saffron and one rosemary, but haven't. Low % of Zen garden give a basil taste.

Flv is expensive and hit or miss, but I also recommend the lime highly. Pound cake is ok. If slyly like custard theirs is good, but at 10%. T raves about their chocolate Deutsche and Roddenberry, but says blueberry muffin ain't that great.

Oh yeah and inw chili, tastes like a bowl of chili, not chili peppers.

I havent tried any flavorah in a while, afraid of wasting my money on a crap flavor and it losing taste before I get home, but I will definitely pick some up next month. Ive been meaning to get ginger and nutmeg.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I havent tried any flavorah in a while, afraid of wasting my money on a crap flavor and it losing taste before I get home, but I will definitely pick some up next month. Ive been meaning to get ginger and nutmeg.
I was nervous too, man. Those prices are steep. Esp. the rich cinnamon and clove. The lemongrass is definitely well worth it for $5.49 @ bull city. FA Cinnamon Ceylon & tfa Cinnamon Spice work good, but the FV is a nice rich tasting cinnamon. I'm going to compare and test my cloves and cinnamons throughout the next week and note % as well as any loss in Flavor. I have steeped the lemongrass for a week now and no flavor fade, but I mixed it strong at 5% standalone. I had to cut it in half with base and its still overpowering. I'm going to cut in half with base again and see.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Flavorah, so far the 2 I've seen used most anyway.

Thanks!

Since Flavorah uses the FLV abbreviation on their website and VU uses FLH, obviously the company must be wrong. :eek:

EDIT: With all the Fa FA Tfa TFA confusion...well... I wanted to be sure.:)

Ron
---
"If you want to be a good blues singer, people are going to be down on you, so dress like you're going to the bank to borrow money."- B. B. King

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks!

Since Flavorah uses the FLV abbreviation on their website and VU uses FLH, obviously the company must be wrong. :eek:

EDIT: With all the Fa FA Tfa TFA confusion...well... I wanted to be sure.:)

Ron
---
"If you want to be a good blues singer, people are going to be down on you, so dress like you're going to the bank to borrow money."- B. B. King
You are correct, it IS secret code, and it stands for.....Fuzzy Vermin..... :D

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got some in this week but haven't tried it yet.

What % did ya use?
As a standalone, 4%. It's absolutely amazing, can't wait to try it in a mix. I immediately wanted to mix it with TFA rice crunchies.... :D

VU Sponsors