Become a Patron!

Cherry Pie Bake-off!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, I got inw rhubarb from Bull city. I think ecig express has it too. Just no one vendor seems to stock or keep in stock all my wants:gaah:! So now I have a cart going at ecig. That rhubarb is extremely potent! My 10 ml bottle will last year's as I cannot see using it over .5%…seriously. I really like that Fruit Express lemon from ecig express as well as inw lemon cake. Very, very tart flavors!

Grandma made the best rhubarb custard pie! The one rhubarb is a challenge to work with. I accidentally made an awesome vape thanks to @Squonk 2 cakes! Mixing half his 2 cakes with half of a failed attempt at Rhubarb Custard Pie turned out amazing! That inw lemon cake goes surprisingly well with rhubarb. I like it so much I'll post the recipe if Squonk approves....but I don't see many people having the rhubarb or a top vapor flavor called triple sec:(
Post away. Post like the wind Daintanee. :bingo:

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, I got inw rhubarb from Bull city. I think ecig express has it too. Just no one vendor seems to stock or keep in stock all my wants:gaah:! So now I have a cart going at ecig. That rhubarb is extremely potent! My 10 ml bottle will last year's as I cannot see using it over .5%…seriously. I really like that Fruit Express lemon from ecig express as well as inw lemon cake. Very, very tart flavors!

Grandma made the best rhubarb custard pie! The one rhubarb is a challenge to work with. I accidentally made an awesome vape thanks to @Squonk 2 cakes! Mixing half his 2 cakes with half of a failed attempt at Rhubarb Custard Pie turned out amazing! That inw lemon cake goes surprisingly well with rhubarb. I like it so much I'll post the recipe if Squonk approves....but I don't see many people having the rhubarb or a top vapor flavor called triple sec:(

Oh, I hope you post it anyway, we can always fudge it with orange and... maybe brandy?! Plus I'll be getting rhubarb.

Whenever I get an exciting result from mixing two previously mixed flavors I get all ambitious, mathwise, for a short while, trying to figure out how to write out the recipe for what it would be--until it turns out too be too hard. Then I just make them both and mix them again, lol. Sigh. I really do need a tutor.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, I hope you post it anyway, we can always fudge it with orange and... maybe brandy?! Plus I'll be getting rhubarb.

Whenever I get an exciting result from mixing two previously mixed flavors I get all ambitious, mathwise, for a short while, trying to figure out how to write out the recipe for what it would be--until it turns out too be too hard. Then I just make them both and mix them again, lol. Sigh. I really do need a tutor.
Lol! A tutor wouldn't even help me. He just run away pulling the hair out of his head.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Lirruping!! Guess what I have been vaping today? I mixed up a bottle of inw cherries about 5 days ago. At this % I get only a light cherry flavor. I get a sweet and tart flavor... perfect combination. This to me is a more baked tasting cherry, like the perfect one inside of a cherry pie. What I also get is a good spice flavor, perhaps cinnamon. I'm not sure. But the flavor in itself seems a great baked cherry cinnamon, yes it is cinnamon. I am going to mix at 6% and taste in another 5 days. I really like it a lot. I'm going to mix your pie too.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Lirruping!! Guess what I have been vaping today? I mixed up a bottle of inw cherries about 5 days ago. At this % I get only a light cherry flavor. I get a sweet and tart flavor... perfect combination. This to me is a more baked tasting cherry, like the perfect one inside of a cherry pie. What I also get is a good spice flavor, perhaps cinnamon. I'm not sure. But the flavor in itself seems a great baked cherry cinnamon, yes it is cinnamon. I am going to mix at 6% and taste in another 5 days. I really like it a lot. I'm going to mix your pie too.
Awesome, D! I'm psyched to see what you think of the pie :)
You know what I mean about "spicy cherry" now, eh? It's light on its own, but if you mix it with fa black cherry, it gives it more body and oomph.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, it's like a baked sweet & tart cherry with cinnamon. Very good. Does need a boost of cherry flavor though. I really like it. Mixed your pie last night with the optional lemon silicy. Can't wait to try it.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What percentage is that, the 1% given in lirruping's recipe?
No, I mixed it standalone to taste first at 3%. Since the cherry was light, I mixed a bottle up last night at 6% to try as well as a bottle of her cherry pie. I really want to try them now. I will wait until tm to try her pie and give the 6% standalone a good week, I hope. I'm not good at steeping. I don't like to wait.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No, I mixed it standalone to taste first at 3%. Since the cherry was light, I mixed a bottle up last night at 6% to try as well as a bottle of her cherry pie. I really want to try them now. I will wait until tm to try her pie and give the 6% standalone a good week, I hope. I'm not good at steeping. I don't like to wait.

Thanks D, sounds good ... I'm not good at waiting either so hurry up and tell me the results! :p

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the 0.66% measurements are too much trouble you could take them down to 0.5% for less crust or up to 0.75% for more crust. Personally, I really like it right in the middle there, and since I often use drops to measure and make small batches whose total volume is a multiple of three, I can do it pretty easily, eg, in a 9ml batch, three drops equals 1%, so one drop equals 0.33% and 2 drops equal 0.66%.
:gaah:I just read this again. Math and I are frienemies.:headbang:. So I mixed a 12 ml bottle and increased to 18 ml to b able to get the .66% results. Now steeping starts all over.:xD:

Thanks D, sounds good ... I'm not good at waiting either so hurry up and tell me the results! :p
The:devil: shall not tempt me, ahem, ahem, I mean Haze shall not tempt me. He shall not! But I am looking at this 18 ml :ejuice:and golly gee I have enough to vape for a good 3-4 days straight so here goes nothing!! :bliss:Darn that :devil: aka Haze anyways. The temptation is just too strong! I'll report back after vaping it this afternoon and evening, and day by day and then we shall have a tested answer on steep for lirruping's blue ribbon pie.:D

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:wave:Lirruping!! I have been vaping this since around 3pm. It is fresh still. I can honestly say I am :bliss:that I made 18 ml. That is a lot for me. If it matters I am vaping at about 9 watts on a 1.5 ohm single coil in my subtank mini. I truly am glad I made extra to adjust for the .66% ingredients for the pie crust. I agree with you 100% that the crust is spot on here! Very good! I did add the .5% FA Lemon silicy addition. A fine spiced baked cherry pie. We will see what steeping does.

I am going to take 1/2 of what I have left and increase the Inw cherries to 2% as in your options as I would like to taste more cherry. The flavors tasted better as the time passed so I would definitely recommend at least an overnight steep. Well done lirruping:cheers:...You most definitely get a blue ribbon! Will see what more time as well as extra cherries does.

My only thought here is what .33% Inw Rhubarb :question: might add in tartness here. Gonna try that too and let you know if it overpowers the cherry or just enhances tartness. I am most definitely recommending your pie over mine. :vino::confetti: I now have to mix up Caddisfly's again to try.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:wave:Lirruping!! I have been vaping this since around 3pm. It is fresh still. I can honestly say I am :bliss:that I made 18 ml. That is a lot for me. If it matters I am vaping at about 9 watts on a 1.5 ohm single coil in my subtank mini. I truly am glad I made extra to adjust for the .66% ingredients for the pie crust. I agree with you 100% that the crust is spot on here! Very good! I did add the .5% FA Lemon silicy addition. A fine spiced baked cherry pie. We will see what steeping does.

I am going to take 1/2 of what I have left and increase the Inw cherries to 2% as in your options as I would like to taste more cherry. The flavors tasted better as the time passed so I would definitely recommend at least an overnight steep. Well done lirruping:cheers:...You most definitely get a blue ribbon! Will see what more time as well as extra cherries does.

My only thought here is what .33% Inw Rhubarb :question: might add in tartness here. Gonna try that too and let you know if it overpowers the cherry or just enhances tartness. I am most definitely recommending your pie over mine. :vino::confetti: I now have to mix up Caddisfly's again to try.

Whoo hoo! Yip yip yip! :stars:I'm excited you like it as much as I do.
Definitely do the rhubarb and tell about it! That pie could totally use some tarting up.

I saw something on reddit about INW Rhubarb just today in the monthly thread at diy_ejuice. This link will take you to the page, then search on "rhubarb" to find the recipe--it looks good and there is some discussion of the intensity of the flavor which makes me think you want to proceed cautiously, maybe with even less than 0.33 to start, but see what you think.

Thanks for making my day, D-girl!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:stars2:Still vaping Lirruping' s Cherry Pie! Today I am vaping side by side the original w/ Lemon Silicy addition and original with Lemon Silicy and 2% Inw cherries.:hearts: To me the crust flavor is a bit more pronounced in the variation with only 1% Inw cherries. In the 2% Inw cherries variation you get more of a cherry flavor with a nice crust still. Which is my favorite? Idk. I honestly cannot decide. I guess it depends what you are in the mood for.

I did mix 9 ml w/ a drop of Inw Rhubarb and smell alone is too potent. However, with Inw Rhubarb I notice it mellows in a few days. Even so I am thinking if it's gonna work it would be 1 drop to 18 ml. Guess I am making more pie!:D

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey to you lady Lirruping and Lord @caddisfly....
I am so enjoying the inw cherries flavor although it's very light tasting to me. I recently found a flavor to boost it, but its a gooey cherry candy marzipan.....25%inw marzipan is plenty along with some FA black cherry. Still playing, trying to make a cobbler with inw biscuit. Just thought I'd let you know what I found experimenting.

VU Sponsors