1. CBD USERS: THE MIGHTY VAPORIZER GIVEAWAY!

VU IS MOVING - EXPECT A BUMPY RIDE FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS :)

Cleaning Car Windows?

Discussion in 'Vaping Related But Doesn't Fit In a Category' started by ghost62, Nov 26, 2014.

1. TryImpactNH

TryImpactNH

Blog Posts:
    I had to sign up to share some valuable info with everyone.

Bar Keepers Friend.

This product works great for cleaning vape residue off car windows. It's a cleaner that's been around since 1882 for cleaning stainless, copper, tile, ceramic, etc., but it has so many more uses.
    I found out about this stuff while looking for a product for removing soap scum build up off glass shower doors (which I found it to do better than any other cleaner), so I figured I would try it on my car windows and it works awesome. I'll usually hit the windows with regular window cleaner after (Sprayway is also the best for this) just to restore complete clarity, but I probably don't even need to.
    A big bottle seems to last for ever.
    Try it out!

2. MrScaryZ

MrScaryZ VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    vinegar and water some newspaper and or Windex is all that is needed its

3. gobbly

gobbly Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I don't spend nearly that much time on the road, but I keep the glass cleaner towel dispensers in my car and just wipe them down every week or so (armor all makes them, sure others do as well).

No idea myself but I would wonder if one of the squeegee cleaners (like you find at a gas station, but your own) would work. Spray a little glass cleaner on it and give it a quick wipe.

4. BigNasty

BigNasty Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Those sad little ends near the roll of toilet paper or paper towels.. you know the last 1-3 sheets of stragglers. Give ya a nice handhold.

5. mysticman

mysticman VU Donator Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    I have one of those also. Works great. find it here: http://www.asseenontv.com/detail.php?p=296792

6. bx10r

bx10r Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Rain x anti fog is working well for me...applied sunday and been vaping in the car all week...no residue...that 3.99 was well spent

7. The Juice Loosener

The Juice Loosener Bronze Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I didn't find it works as well as Invisible Glass. That stuff is the bee's knees!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mowgli likes this.
  8. bx10r

bx10r Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Its been good to me after a week....

9. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    You're not vapin' enough, then... ;)

I kid.

10. PhantomOp

PhantomOp VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    A glass repair/replacement shop also recommended ultra-fine steel wool to clean the windshield, both inside and outside. Do not use it on tinted windows. It also gets some of the pits out of the glass apparently. Also recommended on the headlamps to get bugs off and color distortion / fog over. Personally -- have not tried it yet but will be the next time I detail my cars.

11. coltsfan4lyfe2

coltsfan4lyfe2

Blog Posts:
    I also drive A LOT. I drive a semi. I tried the RainX thing, but it only worked for like 4 days. I'm thinking the outside temp has something to do with it. I cleaned em down in Laredo, TX and when I got back to Indiana 3 days later, I could barely see. It's also probably in the insides of the vents. Being my truck is much bigger on the inside, that crap can be damn near anywhere.

12. coltsfan4lyfe2

coltsfan4lyfe2

Blog Posts:
    How can you get a cross breeze through the truck only running 62mph? BAHAHAHA, just bustin' ya balls. It's easier to get one in a KW vs the damn Shaker I'm in...