Become a Patron!

Covid 19

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Okay so I'm curious if anyone else has popped positive for covid. I'm going on day 6 of severe body aches and fevers. Finally got my test result back today. Damnit I've got covid. So far knock on wood my breathing is very good. That was my worst fear but then I still have a ways to go too.
Would like to hear if anyone else has had this yet.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn...get better. Take care of yourself
f85d59efed235789db834c80dbd1b00f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Waaaaaaay back in February, I’m pretty sure I had it. Never got tested....was before all the free testing, hoopla, etc. Before things were really bad.

It lasted a week and a half or so. Fever only for the first two days. Aching everywhere. Couldn’t sleep lying down(if I tried, I coughed constantly and felt like my chest and throat were in a vice)for about a week. The cough was mid chest and never migrated up or down. Which is weird. Usually coughs move around a little. But was never sick enough to not work. Lost taste and smell.....I didn’t remember that detail until my partner mentioned that I said at that time, I could only vape cooled juice, but all I tasted was generic sweetness. Not specific flavors.

I hope you get better soon!!!!!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Okay so I'm curious if anyone else has popped positive for covid. I'm going on day 6 of severe body aches and fevers. Finally got my test result back today. Damnit I've got covid. So far knock on wood my breathing is very good. That was my worst fear but then I still have a ways to go too.
Would like to hear if anyone else has had this yet.

My wife and I both had it back in January and February. Pretty sure I’m having round 3 right now.

have to say, for all those people saying it’s like the flu- they have obviously never had it. I had an easier time breathing when I was in a full body cast after a severe accident.

best wishes for you having a full recovery. I know it can range from shitty, to extra shitty to death. Not sure how religious you are, but I’ll keep you and your family in my prayers.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Waaaaaaay back in February, I’m pretty sure I had it. Never got tested....was before all the free testing, hoopla, etc. Before things were really bad.

It lasted a week and a half or so. Fever only for the first two days. Aching everywhere. Couldn’t sleep lying down(if I tried, I coughed constantly and felt like my chest and throat were in a vice)for about a week. The cough was mid chest and never migrated up or down. Which is weird. Usually coughs move around a little. But was never sick enough to not work. Lost taste and smell.....I didn’t remember that detail until my partner mentioned that I said at that time, I could only vape cooled juice, but all I tasted was generic sweetness. Not specific flavors.

I hope you get better soon!!!!!
Hoping I don't jinx myself but so far no problems breathing.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My wife and I both had it back in January and February. Pretty sure I’m having round 3 right now.

have to say, for all those people saying it’s like the flu- they have obviously never had it. I had an easier time breathing when I was in a full body cast after a severe accident.

best wishes for you having a full recovery. I know it can range from shitty, to extra shitty to death. Not sure how religious you are, but I’ll keep you and your family in my prayers.
Damn, @f1r3b1rd ! That sucks! I’m thinking about ya, dude.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I hope you feel better real soon & have a full recovery!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thank y’all, pretty sure I’m on the upslope now.
Will be damn glad when that vaccine starts getting circulated though.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
@inganeer I'm so sorry to hear that you're sick! I hope it doesn't get any worse and you are recovered quickly. Hopefully you will have no residual effects from it.

@f1r3b1rd wth? Who keeps bringing these germs into your orbit? I knew about the first bout you had, but had no idea you'd been sick two more times since. I hope you're back to normal soon.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@inganeer I'm so sorry to hear that you're sick! I hope it doesn't get any worse and you are recovered quickly. Hopefully you will have no residual effects from it.

@f1r3b1rd wth? Who keeps bringing these germs into your orbit? I knew about the first bout you had, but had no idea you'd been sick two more times since. I hope you're back to normal soon.
Kids are in school or from going to the grocery are all I can think about.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
@inganeer and @f1r3b1rd - I hope you both feel better soon, sending prayers your way.

My Covid ordeal has been a little different -
My BIL tested positive for Covid 10/26- he had some symptoms and decided to get tested- he called me screaming to get his mother (94) out of the house and bring her to mine- no idea if she was positive. Against my better judgement I took her- ugh! 3 days later she is not acting right- I had to call the ambulance- she tested positive for Covid at the hospital-
I get a call from the County health dept- Mandatory Quarantine for 14 days- no Covid test given because I was not showing symptoms at all- they called daily- and I had absolutely no symptoms and just got my official release papers 11/12. I feel fine. Just had so much fear and anxiety over this.
I always wore my mask, sanitized where she would sit or touch, washed my hands constantly and used sanitizer.
MY 94 year old MIL was released from the hospital 2 days later after her initial hospital stay to a rehab facility until my BIL feels better- no way was she coming back to my house.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@inganeer and @f1r3b1rd - I hope you both feel better soon, sending prayers your way.

My BIL tested positive for Covid 10/26- he had some symptoms and decided to get tested- he called me screaming to get his mother (94) out of the house and bring her to mine- no idea if she was positive. Against my better judgement I took her- ugh! 3 days later she is not acting right- I had to call the ambulance- she tested positive for Covid at the hospital-
I get a call from the County health dept- Mandatory Quarantine for 14 days- no Covid test given because I was not showing symptoms at all- they called daily- and I had absolutely no symptoms and just got my official release papers 11/12. I feel fine. Just had so much fear and anxiety over this.
I always wore my mask, sanitized where she would sit or touch, washed my hands constantly and used sanitizer.
MY 94 year old MIL was released from the hospital 2 days later after her initial hospital stay to a rehab facility until my BIL feels better- no way was she coming back to my house.
Damn! Y’all must feel like something out of a bad film. Sounds downright scary.
glad that everyone seems to be feeling a little better.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Damn! Y’all must feel like something out of a bad film. Sounds downright scary.
glad that everyone seems to be feeling a little better.

Thanks- I am glad we have all survived Covid 19-
Yes our area of NY is shutting down bars,restaurants and gyms again. That started last night- too many of the new Covid cases seem to be coming from those places. I don't know how businesses can survive the Covid 19 either.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks- I am glad we have all survived Covid 19-
Yes our area of NY is shutting down bars,restaurants and gyms again. That started last night- too many of the new Covid cases seem to be coming from those places. I don't know how businesses can survive the Covid 19 either.

it’ll be rough for sure. It’ll be rough on the businesses and the businesses insurance companies. Ohio isn’t shutting down yet- the governor said that he’s basically giving it another week before he makes that call. Louisiana is staying open also, they’ve discussed canceling carnival but so far the krewes are saying they will still roll- we’ll have to wait and see in that one.
If the rumors of this vaccine hold water, I’m hoping we all get to see some signs of relief before Xmas and the dead of winter gets a new meaning.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon

When it rains it pours!
Glad you are all recovering, that sounds horrible.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm so glad that you guys are doing better. I'm pretty sure I will come out of this okay. It has been a week now but still have two weeks of quarantine to go. Still have body aches and light fevers. Breathing is good. Hoping I got a watered down version of covid.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I could very well had the crud in March as I had a slight fever and runny nose back then. Upper respiratory wasn't considered a symptom back then so I didn't think it was anything but a slight cold. Testing wasn't an option as only gvmt. and people with connections were able to get tested back then.

One thing in my favor is I have Type O blood. Studies are showing that those with Type O blood tend to have less severe symptoms.

I hope @inganeer and @f1r3b1rd start feeling better and get over this.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I could very well had the crud in March as I had a slight fever and runny nose back then. Upper respiratory wasn't considered a symptom back then so I didn't think it was anything but a slight cold. Testing wasn't an option as only gvmt. and people with connections were able to get tested back then.

One thing in my favor is I have Type O blood. Studies are showing that those with Type O blood tend to have less severe symptoms.

I hope @inganeer and @f1r3b1rd start feeling better and get over this.
Thanks gopher. I can’t remember what my blood type is. My doctor is kind of an ass; I called to ask him and he said that he couldn’t look it up, but I should go in and have him run a blood panel- even though he ran one in March. -douchebag won’t do anything without his pound of flesh.
When this whole pandemic thing is over, I’m getting a new director. This guy needs to go eat all the bags of dicks.
I’ve read those studies though, hoping myself and the wife are not type A. The last time she had it, I was legitimately frightened for her. There were 2 occasions that I really wanted to reach for the phone to call a bus and get her ass to a hospital. The only reason I didn’t was that we ran her 02 levels and she was still above 98 percent.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@inganeer Go on the Chloroquinine and Zinc, ASAP like the President did. We lost my Sister in May to the Covid-19 and I yelled at the Hospital Personal to put her on it when I first heard the news. Zinc and Vitamin D helps. There is no Scientific Evidence to support my claims but my Thoughts and Prayers are with you for a Speedy recovery~!

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@inganeer Go on the Chloroquinine and Zinc, ASAP like the President did. We lost my Sister in May to the Covid-19 and I yelled at the Hospital Personal to put her on it when I first heard the news. Zinc and Vitamin D helps. There is no Scientific Evidence to support my claims but my Thoughts and Prayers are with you for a Speedy recovery~!
OMG so sorry to hear about your sister. That's terrible. I will check into that. Thank you.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks gopher. I can’t remember what my blood type is. My doctor is kind of an ass; I called to ask him and he said that he couldn’t look it up, but I should go in and have him run a blood panel- even though he ran one in March. -douchebag won’t do anything without his pound of flesh.
When this whole pandemic thing is over, I’m getting a new director. This guy needs to go eat all the bags of dicks.
I’ve read those studies though, hoping myself and the wife are not type A. The last time she had it, I was legitimately frightened for her. There were 2 occasions that I really wanted to reach for the phone to call a bus and get her ass to a hospital. The only reason I didn’t was that we ran her 02 levels and she was still above 98 percent.

Me and one of my kids, lucky type A. Hubbs is type O, and two of our kids are type O.

We typed our own blood in Biology class in high school, and then every time I had a baby I had a card that I had to carry around with me that showed my blood type.

I also am chronically deficient in vitamin D, but I just had that checked and it's better than it's been in years. Still below normal, though, so I still have to take supplements. My doc told me once that if your D levels have EVER been low, you should take a supplement every day.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My blood type is AB negative

That has to be one of the rarest blood types in humans. I read somewhere years ago that any type B blood was a link to Asian ancestors somewhere along the line. Have no idea if that's actually true or not. I read that long before DNA was as mainstream a thing as it is now.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vitamin D3, vitamin C, and zinc are all good to take to help out your immune system. @Jimi our resident health researcher could give the complete lowdown.
@inganeer, I would add Quercetin and be sure to take high levels of D3, I take 25,000 units a day, Most American people are D3 defiecent, bad diet. Vitamin C in a high dosage also and zinc like @gopher_byrd said.
Breathing/lung exercises would increase your oxygen capasity and overall lung health and might help prevent it from effecting your lungs or effecting them as badly. Every vaper should be doing these anyway.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hoping I don't jinx myself but so far no problems breathing.

If you start having breathing problems, check out Mullein it helps the lungs. My husband has asthma (use to smoke) and had to use a Primitive Mist puffer ALL the TIME. He quit smoking and since taking Mullein he hasn't used one for six years :) . You can buy the tincture or leaf. We both use the leaf, he steeps it with his coffee, I steep it with tea. But, for a quicker relief, we have the tincture as well. I really don't need it but it has other benefits.

Quercetin with Bromelain also helps with allergies and helps with high blood pressure also. If you try this and take medication for high blood pressure, keep an eye on it so it doesn't go down
too far.

Take care and get better :hug:

Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@inganeer, I would add Quercetin and be sure to take high levels of D3, I take 25,000 units a day, Most American people are D3 defiecent, bad diet. Vitamin C in a high dosage also and zinc like @gopher_byrd said.
Breathing/lung exercises would increase your oxygen capasity and overall lung health and might help prevent it from effecting your lungs or effecting them as badly. Every vaper should be doing these anyway.
Vitamin D deficiency typically is caused by lack of exposure to direct sunlight during the day. Going outside for a walk more often in wintertime as opposed to always staying inside to avoid the cold weather usually helps best to prevent this, but certainly not always, as you correctly point out. Taking too much vitamin D supplements (capsules or drinkable ampoules, both options are equally as effective of course, but the ampoules taste horrible whereas the capsules don't... lol) should, however, be avoided because these things are not like candy, and they are not without some risk, so remember to take advice from a real doctor as to not win the next Darwin Award by poisoning yourself a bit on accident. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vitamin-d-side-effects

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm a diabetic which puts me smack in the middle of the high risk group for Covid-19. Besides social distancing like my life depends on it (it does, kind of...) during this Lockdown v2.0 period here in my country right now, I take a drop or two of dōTERRA Copaifera (Copaiba) essential oil under my tongue every day. The main active ingredient in it is called β-caryophyllene. There exist some plausible scientific studies that indicate this may help to promote the immune system and respiratory system, also in addition to being a powerful anti-inflammatory agent, and, for many years this particular substance has been known to be Generally Regarded As Safe (GRAS).

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not typical here. Need vitamin D supplements as prescribed by a doctor. Take a daily over the counter one & larger weekly dose prescribed. Also go for bone density scans every few years, have blood panels drawn every three to six months if not more so.

My liver, kidneys are obviously being watched as are other aspects of my body. When one lives with congenital medical issues this is often the case. My congenital condition so far as I'm aware does not present me as higher risk for any other diseases. Often feel that I share commonality with lab rats.

Something I'm keenly aware of is how the seemingly constant discussion of Covid-19 has detrimental, mental effects. It is disheartening to be reminded of deaths each day, and further of the idiocy which has caused so much death.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vitamin D deficiency typically is caused by lack of exposure to direct sunlight during the day. Going outside for a walk more often in wintertime as opposed to always staying inside to avoid the cold weather usually helps best to prevent this, but certainly not always, as you correctly point out. Taking too much vitamin D supplements (capsules or drinkable ampoules, both options are equally as effective of course, but the ampoules taste horrible whereas the capsules don't... lol) should, however, be avoided because these things are not like candy, and they are not without some risk, so remember to take advice from a real doctor as to not win the next Darwin Award by poisoning yourself a bit on accident. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vitamin-d-side-effects
If I would of listened to what you call doctors I would of been dead a couple of years ago. The sad thing is that MOST people don't realize is the doctors of now-a-days are taught by Big Pharma. Big Pharme doesn't care about your health, they care about PROFIT and PROTECTING that profit, that's why natural cures are usually covered up. I take that much vitamin D daily, 25000 units, to fight my cancer, have for years so I am pretty sure it would be alright for Inganeer to take a heavier does while he fights the covid.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The sad thing that MOST people don't realize is the doctors of now-a-days are taught by Big Pharma. Big Pharme doesn't care about your health, they care about PROFIT and PROTECTING that profit, that's why natural cures are usually covered up.

Also helps explain why doctors do not doctor any more. No, instead you may be lucky to get two minutes and pills pushed on you.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If I would of listened to what you call doctors I would of been dead a couple of years ago. The sad thing is that MOST people don't realize is the doctors of now-a-days are taught by Big Pharma. Big Pharme doesn't care about your health, they care about PROFIT and PROTECTING that profit, that's why natural cures are usually covered up. I take that much vitamin D daily, 25000 units, to fight my cancer, have for years so I am pretty sure it would be alright for Inganeer to take a heavier does while he fights the covid.
Do you mean to tell me that you don't trust any real doctors because all of 'em are owned by Big Pharma and therefore you take vitamin D that's been manufactured by, err... Big Pharma? Sounds legit...

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Also helps explain why doctors do not doctor any more. No, instead you may be lucky to get two minutes and pills pushed on you.

Time to change doctors. Osteopathic doctors (D.O. instead of M.D.) are also often more experienced in food-as-medicine and are more likely to appreciate the value of alternative methods and supplements, at least in my experience.

I have actually found lately that a Nurse Practitioner is more likely to take additional time to listen to and work with me than a doctor. Perhaps it's just plain luck, and certainly consulting an NP is not appropriate for all conditions, but for whatever it's worth, it's something to think about.

ETA: I came here to ask how @inganeer and @f1r3b1rd are feeling. I hope the news is good. <3

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you mean to tell me that you don't trust any real doctors because all of 'em are owned by Big Pharma and therefore you take vitamin D that's been manufactured by, err... Big Pharma? Sounds legit...
What, you mean to tell me you don't know what Vitamin D3 comes from???? Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) is made from: Fish oil, egg yolk, liver, fatty fish, and fat of lambs wool. There is a plant (vegan) form too. LOOK IT UP!!! YEAH ALL OF THESE REALLY SOUNDS LIKE BIG PHARMA TO ME. :rolleyes:
All I was trying to do was help a fellow member out and make a few DOCUMENTED sugetsions. So please go troll someone else with your frivolous questions and quit waisting my time.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm doing better. I 've been moving around but get winded easy. I've lost almost 40 lbs so recovery is going to be slow.
My coworker that started this isn't doing very well at all. He is in critical condition.
My boss has it now. I wonder if he still thinks it's a joke. My quarantine is up the day after Thanksgiving. How funny.
Had some friends pick me up some of things you guys recommended. Figured it couldn't hurt.

Thanks to all of you for the well wishes. It really means a lot.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What, you mean to tell me you don't know what Vitamin D3 comes from???? Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) is made from: Fish oil, egg yolk, liver, fatty fish, and fat of lambs wool. There is a plant (vegan) form too. LOOK IT UP!!! YEAH ALL OF THESE REALLY SOUNDS LIKE BIG PHARMA TO ME. :rolleyes:
All I was trying to do was help a fellow member out and make a few DOCUMENTED sugetsions. So please go troll someone else with your frivolous questions and quit waisting my time.
I lol'd... Cholecalciferol is produced industrially for use in vitamin supplements and to fortify foods. As a pharmaceutical drug it is called cholecalciferol (USAN) or colecalciferol (INN, BAN). It is produced by the ultraviolet irradiation of 7-dehydrocholesterol extracted from lanolin found in sheep's wool.

Sauce: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholecalciferol#Industrial_production

Here's how reliable doctors who, unlike you and those who love to think you're some kind of super intelligent voodoo oracle, aren't completely fucked up in the head normally talk about the subject:
Troll your own ass next time, bud. :luck:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am not usually this way but I just lost my brother less than three weeks ago to the so called doctors, (yeah right, doctors) that some defend
As unfortunate as that may be (it is...), cursing any and all doctors just because there are quacks among them isn't going to help anyone... even in the slightest

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just for the record, almost a year ago I was prescribed D-Cure capsules 25,000 IU after my doctor took a blood sample from me that was sent to a certified lab for analysis and reliable results showed that I had vitamin D deficiency. Me being a diabetic also means that I have to take a blood test every 3 months so that's how I know for certain that I no longer have this deficiency, thereby I no longer require this pharmaceutical drug that is manufactured by SMB, which is a pharmaceutical company in Belgium (my country).

VU Sponsors