Become a Patron!

Crown Help!!

joey55

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have watched videos, read every forum out there, and still cant stop my Crown to stop leaking thru air holes. I use the coils not the RBA. Closed the air control, top fill , bottom fill, changed gaskets. I even bought new coils to see if it helps. Is it me or are others having the same issues? When it worked, at breif instances it is a wonderful vaping experience, which makes it so more annoying.
I hate the Kanger sub mini, really like the Lemo 2, and have settled on the Innokin Isub (works great no leaks, even rebuilt a coil successfully). I would love to try the RBA head for the crown ,but wont buy until I am convinced it wont leak.
I read all the forums here and love being a member here, that's why I am asking you folks for help since you guys are the best.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have watched videos, read every forum out there, and still cant stop my Crown to stop leaking thru air holes. I use the coils not the RBA. Closed the air control, top fill , bottom fill, changed gaskets. I even bought new coils to see if it helps. Is it me or are others having the same issues? When it worked, at breif instances it is a wonderful vaping experience, which makes it so more annoying.
I hate the Kanger sub mini, really like the Lemo 2, and have settled on the Innokin Isub (works great no leaks, even rebuilt a coil successfully). I would love to try the RBA head for the crown ,but wont buy until I am convinced it wont leak.
I read all the forums here and love being a member here, that's why I am asking you folks for help since you guys are the best.
Are you screwing the coil down tight in the base? My crown tended to leak a little until I used a q-tip to clean the base where the coil screws in and made sure it was tight..no more leaks,
Hope this helps and good luck

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

judo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have exactly the same thing going on with my crown tank I got not too long ago.
Everything is put together tight, clean etc... :S
My money is on the problem being cold around here and I think new o rings won't
address that issue.

joey55

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Are you screwing the coil down tight in the base? My crown tended to leak a little until I used a q-tip to clean the base where the coil screws in and made sure it was tight..no more leaks,
Hope this helps and good luck

I will surely try that out.
Thanks

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Make sure their is an O ring on the base of the coil and that it is in the right position on the base. Look at a few other coils to double check. Also I have seen two coils with one O ring that's good and one that's just to damn skinny compared to another one. Quality control is not priority one in other Countries !

SeniorBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Great suggestions! :) After the head is properly primed...DO NOT overfill. Fill from the top slowly and just below the SS ring on the exterior and NOT above it. Like this:

crown-fill-to-top-1.jpg

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just have not had any real issues with my tank or coils. Fill it to the top. Don't waste my time closing the air flow control or turning it upside down while standing on my head with my tongue on the right side. Don't take 5 days to prime a coil after the first full moon. I put it together, squirter juice in the coil, fill it up, and run it.

A leak is an oring. Plane and simple. No metal surface will seal 100% for ever. If it's leaking, it's an oring. Either on the coil, or on the base. You might have a bad batch of coils that's flooding, or coils with bad o-rings. Get more coils.

With all the Crowns out there, there will be some problems. Seems like bad batches of coils hit the streets from time to time. Early death, oil taste, some leaks. But overall, it has to be one of the most trouble free tanks around. Mine certainly have been.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just have not had any real issues with my tank or coils. Fill it to the top. Don't waste my time closing the air flow control or turning it upside down while standing on my head with my tongue on the right side. Don't take 5 days to prime a coil after the first full moon. I put it together, squirter juice in the coil, fill it up, and run it.

A leak is an oring. Plane and simple. No metal surface will seal 100% for ever. If it's leaking, it's an oring. Either on the coil, or on the base. You might have a bad batch of coils that's flooding, or coils with bad o-rings. Get more coils.

With all the Crowns out there, there will be some problems. Seems like bad batches of coils hit the streets from time to time. Early death, oil taste, some leaks. But overall, it has to be one of the most trouble free tanks around. Mine certainly have been.
Well metal WILL seal to metal, but they don't make these tanks with hydraulic flare or pipe fittings (nor will they).

I also fill mine to the tippy top and use the basic and standard sub-tank coil priming procedure. I've had no problems with mine either.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why is a sponsor showing up in our thread about the Crown??

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Why is a sponsor showing up in our thread about the Crown??

his post in this thread was on topic and a common tip with the crown. trust me if there are issues it will be seen and dealt with. if you're wondering about vendor rules see my sig links. they have to adhere to the normal ones plus a few more.

quote from aforementioned "4. While vendors are allowed to participate in the forum as a vaper - you will not be allowed to SPAM ADS or promotions outside your sub-forum and deals sub-forum.
You can engage in conversation about your products outside your sub-forum only if you meaning by member name, vendor name or your exclusive product is brought up by a user directly. "

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was just trying to be helpful if that was aimed at me. I've found that issue with O rings on coils in many tanks and manufactures. I'm not trying to sell anything here just trying to help come up with an answer to a problem. Part of my being here is to help fellow vapers. I'm a vaper also just like you guys !

judo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So what powerman said,
The this tank will only be leaking
due to poor o rings?
So confident lol

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
his post in this thread was on topic and a common tip with the crown. trust me if there are issues it will be seen and dealt with. if you're wondering about vendor rules see my sig links. they have to adhere to the normal ones plus a few more.

quote from aforementioned "4. While vendors are allowed to participate in the forum as a vaper - you will not be allowed to SPAM ADS or promotions outside your sub-forum and deals sub-forum.
You can engage in conversation about your products outside your sub-forum only if you meaning by member name, vendor name or your exclusive product is brought up by a user directly. "
Oh..OK... Thanks for explaining it to me

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So what powerman said,
The this tank will only be leaking
due to poor o rings?
So confident lol
Unless you are in Antarctica, I wouldn't worry about cold.

Threads can seal, but a $10 tank made in China isn't going to be machined to those tolerances. Hence the gasket. Much easier to seal with gasket than machining.

If your tank is so poorly machined that a oring can't seal a viscous juice from leaking by gravity, you would know it.

If your coils just leaked by the wick, not only would it run out, your coil would constantly be flooded gurgling spitting and you would know it.

If the moon was out of orbit and pulled juice out, you would know it.

That leaves the one thing put in to stop leaks... The o-rings. 99% of the time, that's it. It can be a host of things, but it's usually best to stick with the most obvious part that causes 99% of the problems. So ya, pretty confident with 99%. Let me know if you find something different.

judo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine leaks out of the air two holes at the bottom of the coil.... don't live in the antarctic.
Does this when i'm in and out of the cold all day.
Confidence and over exaggeration don't make something a fact. Not to say failed o rings
aren't a likely cause of leaking crown tanks. So ya, found something different.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Okee dokee, then explain how the cold is the root cause of your tank leaking.

judo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
sure thing.
look up thermal expansion and maybe path of least resistance.
I'll help you out a little, properly seated o rings create a pressure seal in your tank.
thermal expansion changes volume in liquids.... path of least resistance....juice out the air
holes 100% of the time before juice will ever leave a tank any other way unless the air holes
give more resistance then the o rings.
this isn't my experience just very basic science principles.

Why is it that one would need to be in the antarctic for cold to have this effect?

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well because I doubt you are experiencing more than a 100f temp swing. Thermal expansion in you tank from 100f temp difference would be measured in tenths of thousandths, if not hundredths of thousandths. That's not it.

Look up specific volume for your juice and you given temp difference. You are going to be looking at a lot of decimal places to the right. Your juice isn't swelling from cold to hot. That's not it.

Gasket material is there to seal minor imperfections in mating surfaces.. If it is leaking, the seat is cut too big. Which really means the speced o-rings is too small. Back to o-rings. Sorry.

If it's really cold, and the o-rings is old and brittle, the cold could effect it. But the cold is a complicating issue. Root cause is o-rings not performing properly for given application. Back to o-rings.

You can talk theory all you want. It's great stuff, or you can just look at the obvious. Juice leaking from seals. Juice running through wicks. Or juice leaking down the actual wire to the base which is sealed by... You guessed it, another gasket.

Cold isn't causing your juice to leak out. Otherwise it would cause it for everyone with every tank. I'm in and out of the cold all day every day. Pocket carry everywhere. I don't have juice running out my holes. There's what possible by the smallest of margins, then there is what's probable.

joey55

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for all the responses, You are very kind and thoughtful.
Has anyone solved their problem?
I went through about 10 mils today alone running through the air holes with 3 different coils checking all the gaskets on the coils. I guess I got a lemon, shit happens!
Still open to ideas, BTW I live in NYC so cold not an issue this week LOL, and I thought Antarctica was warming according to Obama.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Dude, 10mls is a ridiculously bad problem. You said you changed all your rings right? Did you forget one?

Out of curiosity, you could go one by one and double them up. Not that you should have to do that, but maybe you could isolate which joint it is.

The Crown is made well. But there is very little compression of the rings. I changed out my original ones with the spare ones. They were better. But I couldn't say they were bigger, or just not wore out. I've had minor seepage that shows at the air flow ring. Not a leak, a minor film. That seems to be common. It was gone for a couple weeks with new rings.

I've only had one leak and it was from the coil being loose. Regardless if you isolate the leak, I would be pursuing a replacement from where you bought it. Something isn't right if you've checked and replaced everything.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went through about 10 mils today alone running through the air holes with 3 different coils checking all the gaskets on the coils. I guess I got a lemon, shit happens!
Still open to ideas, BTW I live in NYC so cold not an issue this week LOL, and I thought Antarctica was warming according to Obama.
3aed9099afb88fa6f1153b64d5e40fab.jpg

I've never had a real leaking problem in these two Crowns I vape in rotation everyday with different flavors (blue band is Blue Slushie juice, so I don't get flavors mixed up, lol)
But I do pay attention to the gaskets, especially on the base of the coil..I also vape thick 100% VG, so maybe that helps concerning leaks..
Chain vaping the .25 coil at 65w makes these tanks get very warm sometimes and they don't leak, and they get kinda cold sitting in the window sill all night and still no leaks These are genuine Uwell tanks, as my local B&M is an official Uwell vendor...I heard about these tanks being cloned as well as cloned replacement coils...they could be the tanks out there with leaking issues.. I hope you get it figured out soon, good luck!

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well looking at this logically teh only way for juice to get to the air hole is through the chimney or from around teh edge of the coil assembly

so it should be the oring around the coil
or the oring in the tank that rests on top of the coil when assembled.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe you got a defective one ? If there's a flaw in it maybe even the O ring wont seal. I had a tank once that I just knew the coil wasn't going in a far as it should. Not seating. Played with it for a while and all of a sudden the coil was able to turn further allowing it to seat properly. I think there was like a flaw or burr in the threads. It is possible to have got a bad one. Maybe check with where you got it if there's anything they can do for you.

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well looking at this logically teh only way for juice to get to the air hole is through the chimney or from around teh edge of the coil assembly

so it should be the oring around the coil
or the oring in the tank that rests on top of the coil when assembled.
Or through the coil itself if one of the other seals is failing. Or through the coil itself if the atmospheric pressure outside the tank is lower than the pressure inside the tank, like with a significant change in altitude, or a low pressure weather system moving in.

Mine leaks out of the air two holes at the bottom of the coil.... don't live in the antarctic.
Does this when i'm in and out of the cold all day.
Confidence and over exaggeration don't make something a fact. Not to say failed o rings
aren't a likely cause of leaking crown tanks. So ya, found something different.
Usually with a issue as severe as being described here, it is multiple issues combining to see that much leaking. If the tank is being overfilled it can also contribute to compounding the problem. In spite of manufacturer claims a bottom coil tank should not be filled more than a certain amount. When bottom filling that amount would be that the juice level does not cover more than 50% of the wick holes/slots in the coil with a majority of tanks. Tanks with less wick in the coil should not be filled past the bottom of the wick holes/slots with the tank inverted. This insures that there is enough of an air mass inside the tank to properly pressure balance with environmental atmospheric pressure.

Some top fill tanks need to be inverted immediately after filling or they will leak through the coil. I didn't experience this with the Crown but the Herakles Plus needs it. The large top cap pressurizes the tank to greater than environmental conditions when installed after filling. I use a pendulum motion to encourage air exchange at the coil while holding the tank upside down. You might look stupid for a minute but when the tank is righted all is well as long as it wasn't overfilled. Thermal expansion may contribute to a problem but I don't see it as being the only issue here. Air getting into the tank somewhere other than through the coil is almost always the cause. Check the glass to make sure the top and bottom are flat so that the seals can do their job and make sure there isn't a machining defect preventing an air tight seal against the metal surfaces.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It does sound defective. I have three, and these are the only tanks I've ever had that don't leak, despite overfilling (when they can sometimes ooze a bit).

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ya, I'm not saying you can't overfill. It just hasn't been much of a problem. I hit the tank as soon as it's back together and burn off any excess. Go on my way. There are a myriad of problems that can happen. Crowns are not 100% problem free. It's just that mine have been the most trouble free and forgiving tanks I've owned.

SeniorBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
@joey55 - some great advice and as someone mentioned and it might be worth exploring. Who did you purchase the Crown from? Clone or authentic? I might be grasping at straws so please humor me. :)

joey55

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I purchased this on Ebay, Maybe its not an original Uwell Crown. All the packaging appeared to be original. Seems it is is my fault for buying it there.

SeniorBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Vaping is a learning journey so please don't beat yourself up. I buy stuff from Ebay but NOT toppers or prebuilt heads. See if you can get a refund or a credit from the seller. That's just me. I use Ebay as a pricing guide and then either wait for a sale or a close price and then purchase from a vendor via their web site which other folks have dealt with. I own 4 Crowns (plus heads and RBA decks) which were purchased from:

ecigavenue.com
vaporworld.biz
code3vapor.com

I'm sure their are some legit Ebay sellers but for me, I'm not willing to take the risk plus I like the ability to return the devices if they are defective.

HTH

:)

judo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Or through the coil itself if one of the other seals is failing. Or through the coil itself if the atmospheric pressure outside the tank is lower than the pressure inside the tank, like with a significant change in altitude, or a low pressure weather system moving in.

Usually with a issue as severe as being described here, it is multiple issues combining to see that much leaking. If the tank is being overfilled it can also contribute to compounding the problem. In spite of manufacturer claims a bottom coil tank should not be filled more than a certain amount. When bottom filling that amount would be that the juice level does not cover more than 50% of the wick holes/slots in the coil with a majority of tanks. Tanks with less wick in the coil should not be filled past the bottom of the wick holes/slots with the tank inverted. This insures that there is enough of an air mass inside the tank to properly pressure balance with environmental atmospheric pressure.

Some top fill tanks need to be inverted immediately after filling or they will leak through the coil. I didn't experience this with the Crown but the Herakles Plus needs it. The large top cap pressurizes the tank to greater than environmental conditions when installed after filling. I use a pendulum motion to encourage air exchange at the coil while holding the tank upside down. You might look stupid for a minute but when the tank is righted all is well as long as it wasn't overfilled. Thermal expansion may contribute to a problem but I don't see it as being the only issue here. Air getting into the tank somewhere other than through the coil is almost always the cause. Check the glass to make sure the top and bottom are flat so that the seals can do their job and make sure there isn't a machining defect preventing an air tight seal against the metal surfaces.

Yeah I'm sure pressure has a role in having a little juice leaking out for some people. Nice tip about equalizing the tank pressure.
On another note, my crow tank has been inside for just about 48 hours straight and have gone through about 18-20mls in that time.

It's strange that after 48 hours there's only a little juice film on the inside (which I hear is normal) of the adjustment ring when
normally it's saturated as well as the bottom of the base after 8-10 hours. Must be them new self repairing o rings. Whatever
the cause of the little leaking I get with this tank it isn't the o rings.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I can
Yeah I'm sure pressure has a role in having a little juice leaking out for some people. Nice tip about equalizing the tank pressure.
On another note, my crow tank has been inside for just about 48 hours straight and have gone through about 18-20mls in that time.

It's strange that after 48 hours there's only a little juice film on the inside (which I hear is normal) of the adjustment ring when
normally it's saturated as well as the bottom of the base after 8-10 hours. Must be them new self repairing o rings. Whatever
the cause of the little leaking I get with this tank it isn't the o rings.
I can say I filled my tank and it was fine. And then I got in my car and it leaked. Therefore the car made my tank leak. Anecdotal evidence does not prove root cause. Causation does not equal correlation. I'm sorry if that doesn't sit well with you.

The vast majority of information on the subject of leaks is nothing more than anecdotal. There is a mechanism. There is a root cause. And if you are not willing to look at that, then you will never figure it out.

I'm in and out of the cold all day. My tank doesn't leak. Saying going in and out of the cold all day seals my tank from leaks is as true as your statement. But I'm OK with saying what seals my tank is o-rings and not some anecdotal observation.

judo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nope. Im not afraid to call bullshit when I see it and you got it all over this thread.
Comments like "99% of all blah blah" or over exaggerations like you've made somehow
linking the moon or being in the antarctic are pretty frivolous at best.

Anecdotal evidence does not prove root cause.
Btw where do you get 99% statistics?
You mentioned 99% stats 3-5 times above. Maybe you work for Uwell and test these tanks in all kinds of
conditions and variables. Anecdotal evidence.... lmao. pot. kettle. black.

You haven't noticed I've agreed with you that o rings and gaskets are the likely cause of leaks.
Sounds like you gotta fight this just for the F of it, so much wasted energy.

Causation does not equal correlation

The tank gets hot and freezing cold 10-20 times a day it leaks and needs to be cleaned after a work day.
It stays at constant temp for 2 days it doesn't leak. Your comparison to getting in a car and getting a leak
is invalid.
Even if it isn't the cold, the o rings are fine on my tank and no machining defects on the parts. Which might
mean that cascadian had a good point about pressure in the tank. This also suggests i'm a 1% lucky
winner of a tank that leaks sometimes for reasons other then o rings. imagine the odds?
anyway, im done. tanks for the o ring lesson its been very engaging.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nope. Im not afraid to call bullshit when I see it and you got it all over this thread.
Comments like "99% of all blah blah" or over exaggerations like you've made somehow
linking the moon or being in the antarctic are pretty frivolous at best.

Btw where do you get 99% statistics?
You mentioned 99% stats 3-5 times above. Maybe you work for Uwell and test these tanks in all kinds of
conditions and variables. Anecdotal evidence.... lmao. pot. kettle. black.

You haven't noticed I've agreed with you that o rings and gaskets are the likely cause of leaks.
Sounds like you gotta fight this just for the F of it, so much wasted energy.

The tank gets hot and freezing cold 10-20 times a day it leaks and needs to be cleaned after a work day.
It stays at constant temp for 2 days it doesn't leak. Your comparison to getting in a car and getting a leak
is invalid.
Even if it isn't the cold, the o rings are fine on my tank and no machining defects on the parts. Which might
mean that cascadian had a good point about pressure in the tank. This also suggests i'm a 1% lucky
winner of a tank that leaks sometimes for reasons other then o rings. imagine the odds?
anyway, im done. tanks for the o ring lesson its been very engaging.
If you want to nit pic me on an obviously made up Stat pulled directly out of my ass, then apply the same scrutiny to your bullshit over a thread about a leaking tank and you chiming in it could be the cold.

I've worked with many a mechanical device in my professional life and all measure of fluids and seals. Fluids, gasses, and chemicals up to several thousand psi. When two mechanical parts mate to seal a substance... They leak. If there is a seal to prevent it from leaking, and it leaks, guess what, it's the fucking seal. It's not rocket science. Either the part was made wrong, the seal is bad, or the wrong seal was speced for the given application.

Sounds like you need to keep your mod warm. Maybe stick it some place warm. Or find some o-rings that perform better in your typical temp ranges. Regardless, good luck with that. Don't forget, it takes two to tango. Merry Christmas.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So your tank just leaks right? Just runs out? Is it leaking with you just leaving it alone and it's just sitting there?

If that is the case, do you ever see a bubble? Are there ever any bubbles? If you don't touch it, and there is no bubbles, it's not leaking, it's draining. Meaning there is no vacuum. If you leak air at the top, juice will just drain out through the wick/cotton. My ring on top of the chamber/chimney has been misaligned before. You said you replaced all your rings. Did you do the top ones too?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Leaking...how bad I wonder..
Its just I've had no leaking issues at all with my two Crowns, vaping them everyday for the past month... Sometimes I get a little juice coming out the air slots when I overfill but that's it...only time I see bubbles is after taking a deep lung hit..
(and watch the juice level drop, lol)..can't figure why these tanks leak for someone else but dosent leak with me...operator error maybe? Oh well..I do hope the OP gets it figured out for these are great tanks..
8d04cb278c152eee6114210711ace85c.jpg

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Uwell first tank offering has been a home run. But, some folks do have problems. They have been a big hit. But I doubt they've sold tens of thousands like other tanks. They have been trouble free for many. That's pretty good these days for a new tank. But it does suck for those that do have problems. Especially when lots say they are fantastic. Probably when it's all said and done, the Crown will be the same as others... Great tank for the most part, but not perfect. They will leak. Just like every vacuum tank with a wick. Sometimes they leak. Hopefully the opportunity will get it sorted out. You might have a Lemmon, or just bad luck. Overall, crowns are not worthy of being written off. Uwell makes a great tank.

Steve1976

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Breaz918 said:
I was just trying to be helpful if that was aimed at me. I've found that issue with O rings on coils in many tanks and manufactures. I'm not trying to sell anything here just trying to help come up with an answer to a problem. Part of my being here is to help fellow vapers. I'm a vaper also just like you guys !
No doubt who cares as long as you vape thsts

NO DOUBT WHO CARES IF YOUR NEW OR SENIOR orSPONSOR IF YOU VAPE YOUR IN WE ALL VAPE WE'RE ALL A PART OF VAPE-LIFE. ...NOW

ChappyOfOz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I too have had leaking problems from the air holes. I really want to like this tank, it looks beautiful on my mods and is well built. Some of the most well machines prebuilt coils I've seen. The place I ordered mine from I believe is legit as I have ordered several things from them with no issues.
Has anyone found bigger O rings for this tank yet or is doubling them up, as someone suggested, the only fix here other than sending it back to whom we've received it from?

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If it's just running out the coil, then it's not holding vacuum. Look at the top cap. There is going to be a failure rate. There is going to be a leakage rate. Can't say it's big or small. If it's 1 out of 1000, sucks to be the one. If it's 1 out of 10,1 out of 20,it still sucks. But the point is there are 20 good ones. Or a 100. Yours can be too. Find the leak. Fix it.

Steve1976

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Leaking...how bad I wonder..
Its just I've had no leaking issues at all with my two Crowns, vaping them everyday for the past month... Sometimes I get a little juice coming out the air slots when I overfill but that's it...only time I see bubbles is after taking a deep lung hit..
(and watch the juice level drop, lol)..can't figure why these tanks leak for someone else but dosent leak with me...operator error maybe? Oh well..I do hope the OP gets it figured out for these are great tanks..
8d04cb278c152eee6114210711ace85c.jpg

Wow WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SET-UP ( TWINS)

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have one that never leaks and one that's a little finicky. With the moody one, I have to turn up the watts and turn down the suck every now and then and also make sure I have the top cap nice and snug, but not overly tight. Seems to help.

joey55

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
UPDATE!!!
I just got the RBA for my crown, wicked the stock coil supplied and guess what so far 2 hours and no leaks, WHOOPIE!
Vapes like a charm slightly warm, dense and very flavorful, there is a lot to love and hate about this tank.

ChappyOfOz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@joey55 and does lead you to believe your leaking was coming from a bad batch of coils/coil O rings?
I'm glad you're having more luck with the RBA of the Crown. I still haven't made it back to mine to tear it apart for a careful inspection.

joey55

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
From what I can see the O-ring at the base of RBA is much thicker than that of the coil heads. I also read that bottom filling with RBA is best, and thats what I'm doing, if that helps anyone great.

ChappyOfOz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@IML8 Mine is the black one as well, seems that's the ones with the most issues. I tinkered with mine, vaped some, and let it sit over night and everything is still dry. So hopefully I have it fixed.

@joey55 I tried doing the bottom fill thing on the Crown but that's not for me as I kinda prefer bottom over top as it usually has less problems. But I am getting used to it more and more. Thinking I'd like to get a silver one and she what she is all about it.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Of the 2 I have neither has leaked, seeped or weeped. Only other tank I own that is as leak proof would be the original freemax Starre

VU Sponsors