Become a Patron!

Crown Help!!

ChappyOfOz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Of the 2 I have neither has leaked, seeped or weeped. Only other tank I own that is as leak proof would be the original freemax Starre

That's how my Arctic is. It's on loan currently, but I would like another one.
My Crown still gets a film under the air control ring, but meh. Fixed the leak and the flavor drops out and is getting dry hits. I need to play with the coil some now I suppose.

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have the black crown and mine leaks really bad also and right now using the rba. Looks through the tank and can't figure out why it leaks so it's been sitting for awhile

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

RedDirtTrooper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The RBA is notorious for leaking if you don't get the wicking just right. I usually cut it just long enough to push against the feed holes all fluffed out to completely cover them, but some people swear by keeping the wick long and making something like an S shape right on top of the juice channel. The one common thing to both recommendations is that those juice holes need to be completely covered by enough wick or you'll get leak city.

Honestly, I'd rather rebuild the prebuilt heads. Not much more difficult than the RBA and much better performance.

Randy Mullins

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've got a slow leak around the air flow control ring. Just gets a little ugly after a day of vaping

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mine does it a few mins after filling tank

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've never had leaking with the Crown, including using the RBA.

There are clones of the tank, coils, and rebuildable deck. I've never used any of those.

Honestly, I'd rather rebuild the prebuilt heads. Not much more difficult than the RBA and much better performance.

I want to do this, but haven't yet. Any tips?

Last edited:

RedDirtTrooper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I want to do this, but haven't yet. Any tips?
Yep, when you are pulling out the previous coil and fill material, there are bits of it that are clipped in place covering the juice holes. Don't pull those out. They aren't like the normal cotton, they are some kind of cloth that helps slow the flow of juice and keep the head from constantly flooding. Pull out the loose fill and then just give the cloth still in them a rinse.

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks!

Yeah the cotton is almost like paper towel sheets.

Is there a tutorial or youtube video that you would recommend?

RedDirtTrooper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not sure honestly, I've been rebuilding factory heads since the old Vivi Novas, so I just pulled one apart and then copied what I saw. Ruined the first one by removing those outer most layers I mentioned, but the second one went fine.

Hello there!

First of all i am a noob at vaping, only started 7 months ago. Also English is not my primary language, so please excuse lack of knowledge on various parts naming, although i will try to describe them as best i can.

I may have accidentally stumbled upon the solution to the Crown's leaking issue. Now, this may not be everyone's solution, but i've had nasty spilling through the AFC going everywhere since i bought the damn thing a week ago.

I tried anything i could during this week, from buying extra "O" rings to trying doubling them up but nothing fixed the leak. I must have spent about 20-30 ml of juice trying to figure out what was wrong since my retailer just told me over the phone that it's a known problem and they'll get back to me.

the solution i found is quite similar to this video for the Kangertech Subox tank, sorry if links are not allowed, you can just search on youtube for
"Kangertech Subox leaking issue solved!!!!"

This video is for another tank, granted, but what is stated there applies to the leaky coils of the Crown.
Basically what you should see is the black "O" ring that usually goes between part where the coil wire is located and the "cap" the rounded head with a hole in the middle.

If you look closely, there may be a wire coming out a bit, which (I would imagine) should bend along with the "O" ring and create a seal.
Now, in my case i thought that the wire could be something abnormal so i took the cap off and took a look. That piece of wire is one end of the coil and i figured it wouldn't matter much if it ended up in that spot or not. I looked it up online, see if there should be any reason for that end sticking out of that spot, and all i found was the video link above.

So i used a cutter tool to snip the end of the wire and i used the cap to pull the wire into the base of the cap so it would not touch any rubber.
It's now been a full day and i have not had any leaks whatsoever. I refilled three times from the top cap with no issues.

If i see any more leakage i will update my post or post another reply.

cloudydaysupply

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the stainless steel leaks less or not at all since its NOT PVD coated like black or rose gold... this is the cause of leak issue!!

VU Sponsors