Become a Patron!

Current favorite tank?

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm curious to know what tank your lovin at the moment! I'm enjoying my Smok TFV4 micro but rumor has it the coils could become extinct any day. I need ideas! aaand GO!!!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lets see what do I have on this MOD??? Oh wait I am using 3 in rotation which hand do you want me to look at?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
lol your favorite one of the bunch!

Well for Above Ohm I have 3 Nautilus Minis but I was also using a Baby Beast and the Kangertech Pangu today. Later on I will probably switch to a Melo III Mini or a Melo RT22 because those are dedicated setups with the MOD's and Tanks so switch flavors I switch setups.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I really do not have a favorite I just have a bunch I like and constantly switch but the Minis get the most use during the day most days. Yesterday for some reason I was Sub Ohming almost all day so that was Baby Beast and a Rafale

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Baby Beast is the update to the tfv4 micro. Presently using all 3 sizes of tfv8, a uwell SE-1 that is in the Rafale family, and a Herakles Plus but with Herk Pro coils. The Herk may be a bit taste specific but it suits me so I keep it around.

If I had to choose 1, it would be the small Baby Beast, for flavor and coil availability.

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Baby Beast is the update to the tfv4 micro. Presently using all 3 sizes of tfv8, a uwell SE-1 that is in the Rafale family, and a Herakles Plus but with Herk Pro coils. The Herk may be a bit taste specific but it suits me so I keep it around.

If I had to choose 1, it would be the small Baby Beast, for flavor and coil availability.

Cool. I think it's a toss up between getting the baby beast or a crown 3..I bought the herakles plus and it didn't even take getting though a single pack of coils to decide I hate it and regret that purchase. To each his own. Thanks for the recommendations :)

iwarzon

Member For 3 Years
In the Smok line im currently loving the Big Baby beast but that might change as I just got the baby brother x but havent vaped it yet

Always have the crown 3
by my side also

IMG_9206.JPG IMG_9205.JPG

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mines definitely the spiral tank, only had it a few days & I'm in love with it. I'm using the rba section & all I had to do was wick it!

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
are the baby beast tank and crown 3 apples and oranges? how do they compare?
Totally diffrent ball game. Smok coils take 4-6ml before they start to taste decent. The new crown coils .5 &.25 are on point within 6-10 pulls. They last me 2 weeks depending on the juice and believe it or not they are actually underrated power wise. I used to vape big rtas and rdas 100% of the time. The crown changed that. Now i use the c3 whever im on the road which is 6 hours a day.
4a218d3a8b5e398837d8a270dafa2aa6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hmm decisions lol never had a problem with my tfv4micro leaking..how's the crown in that department?

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used smok coils for 6 months and because i never tried anything else just thought every coil tasted like crap while it was breaking in. I know the diffrence now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the large juice capacity is a plus as well..gonna watch some reviews and do some reading! Thanks for your input :)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The tfv4 micro is a very good tank :) I don't actually think the baby beast is as as good tbh. I've not tried the crown, I use the cleito now

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I love my Freemax Pure Tank- won that here back in November from a @Heaven Gifts contest and it is so far my favorite tank! Absolutely no leaks, the coils(ceramicshell,kanthal wire) are cheap from FT and last a long time! I even wash and dry the used coils and they have been working well, gets used daily!
I have the Uwell Crown 3 tank and mine does leak occasionally, and gets super hot if I hit it more than 4 times at 35w, I am using the .5Ω coils. It is a beautiful looking tank, I think it goes thru liquid pretty fast too, vape is nice, but I wouldn't buy another!
I just won the Asvape Cobra from @Heaven Gifts also, but just got it a few days ago and haven't had the chance to use it! Love the lower profile of this tank, beautiful black tank- the coils are tough to find right now.
Another Tank I love is a low profile tank is the CoilArt Toruk! I have 2 of the 4ml one black and one silver! The black one from eightvape ,sucked, the orings did not hold the tank together, but found some spares at home that work, they wouldn't even answer me on that and these tanks do not come with spares! I bought another the silver BN on ebay and it works perfectly! Both work very well and are very low profile at 25mm, much shorter than most of my tanks!
Vape really nice, occasional leak and get the coils cheap at FT, these look great on my smaller mods!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my Freemax Pure Tank- won that here back in November from a @Heaven Gifts contest and it is so far my favorite tank! Absolutely no leaks, the coils(ceramicshell,kanthal wire) are cheap from FT and last a long time! I even wash and dry the used coils and they have been working well, gets used daily!
I have the Uwell Crown 3 tank and mine does leak occasionally, and gets super hot if I hit it more than 4 times at 35w, I am using the .5Ω coils. It is a beautiful looking tank, I think it goes thru liquid pretty fast too, vape is nice, but I wouldn't buy another!
I just won the Asvape Cobra from @Heaven Gifts also, but just got it a few days ago and haven't had the chance to use it! Love the lower profile of this tank, beautiful black tank- the coils are tough to find right now.
Another Tank I love is a low profile tank is the CoilArt Toruk! I have 2 of the 4ml one black and one silver! The black one from eightvape ,sucked, the orings did not hold the tank together, but found some spares at home that work, they wouldn't even answer me on that and these tanks do not come with spares! I bought another the silver BN on ebay and it works perfectly! Both work very well and are very low profile at 25mm, much shorter than most of my tanks!
Vape really nice, occasional leak and get the coils cheap at FT, these look great on my smaller mods!
So does the Freemax Pure Tank take factory coils or is it an RTA?? Don't know much about it.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Almost forgot about another favorite tank- the Tobeco Super Tanks- I have the mini 22mm rainbow and the gold kit 25mm- very nice! Take many different coils like the Aspire Atlantis,Triton, Eleaf, but really like the Tobeco coils! The only con was getting this tank apart when I 1st got it, had to watch a You Tube on it, still took me a 1/2 hour to get apart! After that it comes apart easier to change the coil!
Vapes really nice, will leak occasionally(small) , coils are cheap and easy to get!

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool I don't really build an awful lot! I'm using the rba that comes with the spiral tank atm but it's mostly factory coils cos of my arthritic nerves. If I'm using an RTA my mate at the vape shop is kind enough to put wind a coil and put it in for me :)

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Cool I don't really build an awful lot! I'm using the rba that comes with the spiral tank atm but it's mostly factory coils cos of my arthritic nerves. If I'm using an RTA my mate at the vape shop is kind enough to put wind a coil and put it in for me :)
I have the OBS engines- and while I have the Coil master kit and some wire- I haven't built any coils yet, because I have these
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10021628/7714300-demon-killer-316lstainless-steel-pre-coiled
work great!

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Normally I'm not much of a tank guy myself: most of them are leaky, finicky and generally annoying for someone who's used to dripping.

But I have to say, I have two tanks that stand out from the rest, that I can't seem to put down:

1/ The Taifun BT:

It's hard to fault it: it's built like a battleship, it's super-easy to refill, it takes 3 minutes to rebuild without any tools, it doesn't leak, it wicks like a champ, it's flavorful and cloudy. The only drawback is, like all atomizers that use mesh as a heating element, it needs a lot more power and juice to deliver the same vape as regular resistance wire coils - meaning it runs hot and goes through batteries and juice like a thirsty hippo with an electric dildo up its ass. It easily goes through 5 ml per hour and 2 batteries per day simply vaping normally at medium power.

Also, the original isn't cheap. The clone is, but I don't have one, so I don't know how it compares to the real thing.

2/ The Wotofo Sapor

Cheap, reasonably easy to build, totally leak-proof by virtue of having top airflow holes, easy to adjust the juice flow and the airflow, wicks great, very flavorful. It's main drawbacks: it has a stupidly tiny TPD-ready 2ml tank that you have to refill every thirty seconds (not the atty's fault, more the fault of the corrupt European commissioners who voted the TPD...) and it's wobbly on its base. The wobble doesn't prevent it from working fine, but if you like tight hardware, it'll drive you mad.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heard good things about the Taifun an easy to build is fine by me. My nerves don't allow me to build complex things.
I prefer when I can just wick something or I use pre wound coils.
I use a NautilusX alot of the time though, the flavour is just as good as my RTA'S.
I don't get why people think the flavours muted but I guess it's personal preference isn't it!

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The tfv4 micro is a very good tank :) I don't actually think the baby beast is as as good tbh. I've not tried the crown, I use the cleito now

I'm currently using the TFV4 Micro and I do love it. The reason I'm thinking if getting something else is because the guy at the shop said he was having a hardtime finding the coils and they could be going extinct. (For all I know he was tryna get me spend some more more money lol and I did..I bought the last two packs they had!) Looking on their website now I see that he was either A) misinformed or B) whatever.. I see they're available pretty much everywhere and I might have been panicking for no reason..But still, I think it holds 3 to 3.5 mls?!? A big baby beast is looking pretty sweet right now. I've written off the Crown 3. I think I've made a decision if I don't like it (I don't see why I wouldn't) I can just keep rocking with my micro. Or if the Baby beast guzzles the juice pretty bad maybe break him out on weekends and use the micro during the week.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm currently using the TFV4 Micro and I do love it. The reason I'm thinking if getting something else is because the guy at the shop said he was having a hardtime finding the coils and they could be going extinct. (For all I know he was tryna get me spend some more more money lol and I did..I bought the last two packs they had!) Looking on their website now I see that he was either A) misinformed or B) whatever.. I see they're available pretty much everywhere and I might have been panicking for no reason..But still, I think it holds 3 to 3.5 mls?!? A big baby beast is looking pretty sweet right now. I've written off the Crown 3. I think I've made a decision if I don't like it (I don't see why I wouldn't) I can just keep rocking with my micro. Or if the Baby beast guzzles the juice pretty bad maybe break him out on weekends and use the micro during the week.
I find the airflow alot better on the big baby but I think the flavour seems cleaner on the baby beast. The 5 ml tank of the big baby is obviously helpful it being a thirsty fellow though!
But personally my favourite smok tank is the spiral with RBA

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never used it but from what i know it's MTL so airflow is pretty much irrelevent.
Can actually be used as a sub ohm tank or MTL tank. If you vape it at 18 watts on the 0.6 with airflow closed off its a MTL but if you open up the airflow an go to say 35 watts you get a restrictive DL.
I find with the RBA section you get more airflow & vapor than the 0.6 coil.
I've not tried the 0.3 coil that came with it. I will be doing when the coil in my RBA burns out though but overall it's a good little tank :)

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've decided to get a Big Baby Beast..I just got a new RDA today so maybe I'll purchase the tank at the end of the month :)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've decided to get a Big Baby Beast..I just got a new RDA today so maybe I'll purchase the tank at the end of the month :)
I use a big baby with my G-Priv and a baby beast with my Alien, I used the tfv4 micro with my H-Priv for a while but these slowly replaced it. Don't get the cleito btw it has bad spit back. I love the flavour on the tsunami RDA but I have bad nerves so would have to get my friend to put a coil in for me. That's why I love it when a coil is preinstalled an u just have to wick it.
What RDA you rocking dude?? :)

VU Sponsors