Become a Patron!

Diablo RTA

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
And it really doesn't much look like the Griffin... It's smaller design, no juice flow control... I prefer the looks of my Diablo over my griffin

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Diablo RTA is an impressive RTA.
I did a review/comparison on them, Here's the Link, the review on the 2.5ml is 2 posts under the first review. Hope this helps!
I bought one from FT, one from 3FVape and a few from Ebay...

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
So basically its a good RTA minus the screws and not JFC.... So worth the buy?

@raymo2u which was the best on you had gotton?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So basically its a good RTA minus the screws and not JFC.... So worth the buy?

@raymo2u which was the best on you had gotton?
They all are great quality and they compete with the $70 Authentic I received from 2VapedX. I wouldnt hesitate to pick up another from any of the links I posted, the FastTech link is for a Logoless Clone...which I kind of like alot. They are all the same quality and not one differs from the other besides the size difference and what each size differs with.
I like the 2.5ml as it has adjustable airflow and a round aluminum tip, the 5ml has no AFC and it comes with a 2 piece delrin tip. If you want it NOW then go with the ebay link and you will get it in 3-4 days. If you order from 3FVape or FT you will get it in 2.5+ weeks using Epacket shipping.
20160220_123413.jpg 20160220_123512.jpg 20160220_123525.jpg

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a Diablo RTA from FT and I'm loving this little guy. Easy to build on, easy top fill, excellent flavor, just a great little RTA. Mine does have AFC, but I just leave it wide open, no JFC, but as long as you wick it correctly you shouldn't have any problems. I wanted a smaller RTA for a smaller mod, but performed like a larger one and the Diablo fits the bill. It's a little ass kicker, don't let that small size fool you. I highly recommend it, especially for the price.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I got a Diablo RTA from FT and I'm loving this little guy. Easy to build on, easy top fill, excellent flavor, just a great little RTA. Mine does have AFC, but I just leave it wide open, no JFC, but as long as you wick it correctly you shouldn't have any problems. I wanted a smaller RTA for a smaller mod, but performed like a larger one and the Diablo fits the bill. It's a little ass kicker, don't let that small size fool you. I highly recommend it, especially for the price.
The 2.5ml has the AFC, Its one of my favorite RTA's to date...
Can use 3mm Builds easy
Easy Topfill
Amazing Flavor due to Chimney size and ID
Build Quality and Machining is amazing even on the $9 Clones!
Has Knurling for easy disassembly
Can be cut down to MTL or Wide Open which is pretty damn airy
2mm Postholes on the 2.5ml (2.5mm holes on 5ml)
2.5ml is the size of a Goblin Mini....

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
C'mon shipping, get here faster! :D

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
So i think im going to pick one up then :D everyone says that its great then im going to go for it :) lol
Hows wicking it? Any tricks to prevent leaking?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So i think im going to pick one up then :D everyone says that its great then im going to go for it :) lol
Hows wicking it? Any tricks to prevent leaking?
Wick it like you would a Goblin Mini, if you dont know how GrimmGreen has a video on how he wicks the goblin Mini and thats the same method I use...but I like my wick slightly fluffier.

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wick it like you would a Goblin Mini, if you dont know how GrimmGreen has a video on how he wicks the goblin Mini and thats the same method I use...but I like my wick slightly fluffier.
This the exact same way I do it too, check out GrimmGreen's vid for the GM. I fluff mine out as well, I comb the tails out before I tuck them into the wicking holes. I've tried everything from 60-90% VG with no wicking issues. No flooding, leaking or dry hits, keeps up with chain vaping just fine.

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I wana get a 2.5mL for the adjustable airflow, how do I tell the difference between the two? I saw some issues in the thread that @raymo2u linked me on how to tell the difference and which link has which.... Also the post holes, are they big enough to put like a fused clapton? Or a clapton in general?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I wana get a 2.5mL for the adjustable airflow, how do I tell the difference between the two? I saw some issues in the thread that @raymo2u linked me on how to tell the difference and which link has which.... Also the post holes, are they big enough to put like a fused clapton? Or a clapton in general?
Its pretty easy to point out if its a 2.5ml. It will have no chimney at all, the drip tip is rounded and it had has adjustable airflow control. If you did look at the links I posted every question you've asked is already answered...with pictures also...
2.5ml on the left, 5ml on the right...
20160220_123512.jpg 20160220_123413.jpg 20160220_123525.jpg

Both Build decks with 3mm ID Fused Claptons:
20160220_121626.jpg 20160309_180641.jpg

Last edited:

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got one(11.29)from FT a few days ago. Absolutely my fav RTA to date...I watched The Vaping Bogan youtube for wicking a Diablo. Not sure if it's the same method as GG video on the Goblin, but it sure was an interesting video to watch.

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Its pretty easy to point out if its a 2.5ml. It will have no chimney at all, the drip tip is rounded and it had has adjustable airflow control. If you did look at the links I posted every question you've asked is already answered...with pictures also...
2.5ml on the left, 5ml on the right...
View attachment 43943 View attachment 43944 View attachment 43946

Both Build decks with 3mm ID Fused Claptons:
View attachment 43945 View attachment 43942

Yah I read them :) I just wanted to have a little confirmation on it lol
And if both decks can fit coils that big then i dont need to worry about which one to get... 2.5mL it is, i like the option to change my airflow!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@raymo2u I was curious how the black finish is holding up for you?
One clone has had a smear of it missing since I got it...or it wasnt fully coated or something, the finish itself holds up better then some of the Authentic tanks like the TFV4, the Crown and Subtanks Ive had...Its on par with the Griffins finish, which has yet to show signs of wear...and I drop my shit constantly...

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
One clone has had a smear of it missing since I got it...or it wasnt fully coated or something, the finish itself holds up better then some of the Authentic tanks like the TFV4, the Crown and Subtanks Ive had...Its on par with the Griffins finish, which has yet to show signs of wear...and I drop my shit constantly...
Good to know. I like the black one on ebay. I usually stay clear of black coatings, but that is too hard to resist. T/Y

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine is Peek, the version that says 304SS is a logoless version but it is the same as the other versions.
Yours isn't the FT one though, correct ray? Yours is from eBay? I saw several logo'ed clones there.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yours isn't the FT one though, correct ray? Yours is from eBay? I saw several logo'ed clones there.
Ive order 2 from FT, 1 from 3fvape, 1 from Ebay, and own a Authentic...

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh cool, the pics you posted were of the ones with logos. I feel dollars sprouting wings...

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Im waiting on mine from 3fvape lol :p also your using it on a cricket....?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Im waiting on mine from 3fvape lol :p also your using it on a cricket....?
I am...here's the build in the Diablo on the Cricket.
2 x 28KA1/40N80 Fused Claptons (9 Wraps/3mm ID @ .46 Ohms)
20160309_180641.jpg

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
:O beautiful coils man! Also its good to know that it has a pin that is that long :)

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I asked on another Diablo thread, but I'll ask here as well... with the airflow closed off some for MTL, is it quiet or does it whistle or make noise? I'm a stealth vaper and one of the reasons I shied away from the Griffin was that it whistles a lot when the airflow is closed off some. I need a dead-quiet RTA, been using Kayfun v4's which are completely silent.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I asked on another Diablo thread, but I'll ask here as well... with the airflow closed off some for MTL, is it quiet or does it whistle or make noise? I'm a stealth vaper and one of the reasons I shied away from the Griffin was that it whistles a lot when the airflow is closed off some. I need a dead-quiet RTA, been using Kayfun v4's which are completely silent.
External airflow cutoffs will always do this, this is why IMO you need it cut down internally for a solid MTL, well that or be ok with whistling, maybe change your inhale and play a little song? :p

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll be confusing all the neighborhood dogs, thinking I have treats and such for them. Bah! LOL

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Finally got mine in from Fasttech... good 1-2mm gap between the top of the cap and the base of the chimney where the threads are exposed. If I have any sealing/leaking issues I'll know where it's from at least :rolleyes:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Finally got mine in from Fasttech... good 1-2mm gap between the top of the cap and the base of the chimney where the threads are exposed. If I have any sealing/leaking issues I'll know where it's from at least :rolleyes:
Got a pic?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got a pic?
Will when I get home. But, just unscrew your thing till there are 2 threads outside the cap, that's basically what it looks like. When I take the glass out it can go lower, but the glass I got seems to be like 1.5mm too long, and the extra one as well.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mine from FT is the same. The consensus from the other FT'ers is to use a Goblin mini glass. You will have a slight capacity reduction. It doesn't bother me enough to worry about it. I have no leakage from that area.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine from FT is the same. The consensus from the other FT'ers is to use a Goblin mini glass. You will have a slight capacity reduction. It doesn't bother me enough to worry about it. I have no leakage from that area.
Yeah that was my thought is trying some other glass tubes, Really don't want to order anything from FT again. I can't take the stress of a month long wait.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah that was my thought is trying some other glass tubes, Really don't want to order anything from FT again. I can't take the stress of a month long wait.
Ah, patience is a virtue grasshopper....I am assuming you were talking about the mini version btw.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah the smaller version. And Patience is a virtue but in retrospect I think I'd rather pay the extra $7-8 on eBay and have it in a week :D

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah the smaller version. And Patience is a virtue but in retrospect I think I'd rather pay the extra $7-8 on eBay and have it in a week :D
Haha, Me too. And they have the etchings, which I happen to like.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I prefer the unbranded but rather one that doesn't have issues too :p. Another thing I noticed just playing around with it... are you seeing any issues on yours with the grub screws? Basically I'm looking and a bit concerned as to the top cap fitting on with the grub screws not all the way in (because there will be wire in there).

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I put claptons in and the screws tightened up enough for the chimney to fit. The tool they send is crap. Get a good allen wrench.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, it's quite rounded and shitty. I got a collection of little allen wrenches to try for a better fit.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Been wanting to try 3f...FT is getting worse.
Only ordered once, but less than 2 weeks and it was here, the main thing is it actually shipped the next day. I've not had even within the week from any other chinese seller, even when it says in stock and "ships in 3 days".

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I haven't had that issue with FT. They ship next day if it says in stock. The problem I see is the carriers, soooo slooowwww. They must use sail boats.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My threads on my chimney show some on mine if thats what you meant Jerus...it doesnt change anything it just allows room for different sized orings and glass.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My threads on my chimney show some on mine if thats what you meant Jerus...it doesnt change anything it just allows room for different sized orings and glass.
Yeah I saw it and was initially worried that it'd have sealing issues, but considering there's no oring there anyways I guess it doesn't matter. Still, I'll probably pick up the goblin mini glass next time I see it available to tack on an order I'm already placing.

VU Sponsors