Become a Patron!

Diablo RTA

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah I saw it and was initially worried that it'd have sealing issues, but considering there's no oring there anyways I guess it doesn't matter. Still, I'll probably pick up the goblin mini glass next time I see it available to tack on an order I'm already placing.
I have the GM if you would like me to test it on it...

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you want to next time you're rewicking or fiddling, extra confirmation is never bad. I trust Mercury enough to spend $1 next time I see the spare glass though. .

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got mine in from Fasttech... good 1-2mm gap between the top of the cap and the base of the chimney where the threads are exposed. If I have any sealing/leaking issues I'll know where it's from at least :rolleyes:
Which one from Fasttech did you get? They have a bunch, wondering if one of them is more prone to these issues than another.

Tootall

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Funny shit. I bought one on e bay for $18 and I love it. I asked the seller if it was the 2.5ml or the 5ml and they said it was the 2.5 ml and from what raymo2u has said I have the 5ml no adjustable airflow I have a chimney and the tips. Thanks for the description or I would have thought that this thing saves me juice because I was wondering why I wasn't filling it up as much as I expected. Can you build a single coil build by blocking it off some how because its killing my batterie really fast. I need a dual batterie for dual coils lesson learned

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Funny shit. I bought one on e bay for $18 and I love it. I asked the seller if it was the 2.5ml or the 5ml and they said it was the 2.5 ml and from what raymo2u has said I have the 5ml no adjustable airflow I have a chimney and the tips. Thanks for the description or I would have thought that this thing saves me juice because I was wondering why I wasn't filling it up as much as I expected. Can you build a single coil build by blocking it off some how because its killing my batterie really fast. I need a dual batterie for dual coils lesson learned
Smaller/higher wattage coil and you don't. I have a single battery Pico I've been running mine on for 2 days now (gone through about 4 tanks of the smaller Diablo). Keep the amp pull down and the battery lasts longer, but you can still get good flavor/vapor production with the right type of coil.

Anyways, what you could try, and I've been thinking about trying for a while. A nice higher ID coil crossed through the middle of the velocity deck with leads twisting around into the posts. Then take a thicker piece of cotton to wick, split it where it comes out of the coil and tuck those in the respective wells so you have each side of the wick filling two holes. Like I said I haven't tried it but it should work in theory with enough cotton.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You can build for a higher resistance to save on batteries. Use steam engine and try to find the highest amount of heat flux while staying above .3 ohms. I would suggest you try 8 wraps of 26g Kanthal/2.5mm ID

Tootall

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Smaller/higher wattage coil and you don't. I have a single battery Pico I've been running mine on for 2 days now (gone through about 4 tanks of the smaller Diablo). Keep the amp pull down and the battery lasts longer, but you can still get good flavor/vapor production with the right type of coil.
You can build for a higher resistance to save on batteries. Use steam engine and try to find the highest amount of heat flux while staying above .3 ohms. I would suggest you try 8 wraps of 26g Kanthal/2.5mm ID
I go through 4 or 5 tanks a day on the 5ml tank so I use it constantly but the batterie burns up twice as fast as with my other single coil tank. I really like this tank I just need a bigger batterie capacity so I can chain vape.

Anyways, what you could try, and I've been thinking about trying for a while. A nice higher ID coil crossed through the middle of the velocity deck with leads twisting around into the posts. Then take a thicker piece of cotton to wick, split it where it comes out of the coil and tuck those in the respective wells so you have each side of the wick filling two holes. Like I said I haven't tried it but it should work in theory with enough cotton.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I change batteries almost every hour...dont feel bad bud. Its what you do for "your perfect vape" ;)

Tootall

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you again raymo2u. I will look that up.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Think you screwed up the quoting a little bit there, but I believe it was this portion:

I go through 4 or 5 tanks a day on the 5ml tank so I use it constantly but the batterie burns up twice as fast as with my other single coil tank. I really like this tank I just need a bigger batterie capacity so I can chain vape.

If you're using the same types of coil in both situations then that's to be expected. You're halving the resistance increasing the amp pull. So like was said, if you say use 24g .5Ω coil for the single, try two 26g 1Ω coils as a dual and that should help the battery life be similar. But, yes you're not wrong in general a single coil will be better on your batteries, just there are steps to counter that is all.

Tootall

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I change batteries almost every hour...dont feel bad bud. Its what you do for "your perfect vape" ;)
I just need them to last while I am working with the top tank on tc I could make it 8hr with the diablo I am lucky to make it to lunch:xD:

Precision

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Forgot about this thread..... But just want to quickly chime in on the experience of using the 2 Diablo tanks I recieved a little over a week ago....... EPIC..... was exhausted with dripping while at work or even on the road. With this lil tank.. I use the same builds as my RDA's and damn near get the same exact vape. Semi scottish roll wick with cotton bacon v2 or juicy wix/texas subohm cotton trimmed up like a goblin deck and do not get any leakage and is chain vape ready. Granite, chain vaping this tank you will have to re-fill every 5-6 minutes /10 minutes top. But takes under 30 seconds to fill. Im sure a more juice friendly build will extend refill times. But 26gSS fused with 37gSS 5 wrap 3mm coil just throws flavor for any connoisseurs that crave that flav vape... LOVE these tank's! . I also threw my dotmod drip tips on them as well which IMHO looks great.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I loved the Diablo so much I bought 5 or 6 of them, one is actually an Authentic...the rest were from almost every vendor (FT, 3FVape, Ebay)
These were my favorite Builds in them...Framed Staples (Low Ohm Build) and 28KA1/38KD Fused Claptons (For Series)

20160306_012151.jpg 20160309_213603.jpg 20160220_122711.jpg 20160309_180641.jpg

Precision

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Give me a few ray and I'll throw up some of my Diablo builds so far.. they change like the wind. .. best performance was from the fused 28n80/38n80 paralled with 24gn80... I have ribbon wire.. wish I could muster up the balls to goto advanced builds beyond fused and staggered coils.

Tootall

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am having trouble wicking I don't ever get a burnt hit but my tank leaks when I fill it. I take draws immediately to draw a vacume but it leaks. It only leaks when I rest my cotton on the shelf and barely put any in the juice channels if I put more in the juice channel I get burnt hits what video does Anyone suggest everyone does it different????? It only leaks for the first couple minute's.

Precision

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try swapping out the O-rings. Check the airflow from bottom side to make sure there isn't any cotton hanging over.

Tootall

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I found a video with a better example. I wasn't using enough cotton. If you don't get the wicking right it will leak when filling for sure. I have it so it doesn't leak when i fill it and no burnt hits. So I am pretty happy.

Precision

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey, for my own entertainment and maybe to easily help others. Would you mind posting the link to the tutorial video you have watched? I have always just trimmed my deck like how Trevor does all the way back to the OG goblin v1.2 and have never had an issue.

Precision

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's a quick shot of a new build I just threw in fused 26gSS w/31gSS lightly flattened parallel with 26lvn80/40lvn80.... delicious moist warm flavor whore vape and came out to 0.11 on my ipv5.
I want to get a black deck sleeve with a logo. So if anyone wants to trade for a black no logo deck barrel or even just sell there barrel LMK.and if anyone has some extra deck grub screws ill quickly buy them..I believe they are m2.5x3.00mm.
. I can't use any other tank since I've got these gems.20160410_021450.jpg20160403_123700.jpg

cjk081293

Member For 4 Years
So how does the Diablo do with simplistic builds? I don't have the time nor materials to go into building anything fancy like claptons or anything like that but I love running just regular large ID contact coils, parallels and twisted wires and that sort of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Precision

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Excellent..... vapes like a dream. Simplistic vaping. Fill......vape....filll....vape..

Argie3

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A vendor had send this to me as a freebie together my supreme... Presumably a clone, but I have not even bothered to open the box!! LOL....
I assume I should have a try with the little fella and if corresponds to the community's comments, it will substitute my subtank which I use while driving... :devil:

Tootall

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It does awesome with simple builds I even just tonight decided to give temp control another shot with the dual coil build I have only used my toptank mini by kanger and I hated tc. I can say I got my first good vape in tc with a dual 9 wrap 3mm nickel 26 awg coils and I actually like the tc vape I am getting I was plesently surprised.

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I hate how most of these threads Im not getting a notification for...

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I got 1 on the way biggups to raymo for introducing me to the rta game.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No not yet. I got my underground rda tho and the assorted kanthal spools. This week is gonna be awesome... its already pretty awesome.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think the 1000f of 38 or 36k (cant remember) comes in saturday. Your stuff i think tomorrow. Only thing im unsure of is the underground mech which last update was the 16th just departing honolulu, so thats the mystery package. And some time im also unsure of this week i got 8 cells and a new 4 bay charger from liionwholesale.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think the 1000f of 38 or 36k (cant remember) comes in saturday. Your stuff i think tomorrow. Only thing im unsure of is the underground mech which last update was the 16th just departing honolulu, so thats the mystery package. And some time im also unsure of this week i got 8 cells and a new 4 bay charger from liionwholesale.

I love when mail is like that and not all at once, it gives you something to look forward to

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
It's literally the love child of a Griffin and a Goblin Mini V2. I love the damned thing, it's probably my second favorite true-RTA outside of RDTA's. The short vapor travel length from coils to mouth gives it excellent flavor and the thing has way more airflow than it looks like it does at first glance. You can use it for clouds, flavor, heat or all three combined with no issues. The only thing I'd say it can't do is MtL.

Tootall

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First full day actually enjoying temp control with my diablo I thought I would never use temp control again but I like it a lot with the diablo. 530 degree's at 55 watts a really flavorful warm vape enjoyable for sure.

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I may have to pul mine out of the closet and try it again... But that means Ill have to pull one of my Boreas's off an Rx... Hmm.....

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Maybe coils and cotton needed a lottle extra priming time cause im getting really noce flavor today and i think i got the fillage down with minimal leaking. Usually the little it leaks gets sucked up in the first shots fired.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Maybe coils and cotton needed a lottle extra priming time cause im getting really noce flavor today and i think i got the fillage down with minimal leaking. Usually the little it leaks gets sucked up in the first shots fired.

If you fill it to the brim you will get that really wet first draw and may have a bit of leaking, if you leave a small bubble in there you shouldnt have much more then a kind of wet first draw.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Filled the tank 4 times today and im not even done with my morning job yet.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Filled the tank 4 times today and im not even done with my morning job yet.

Imagine how many times you would have stopped to drip..Im sure your actually vaping more now and going through more juice vaping like you are now just because its streamlined.

Precision

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im definitely going thru more juice switching from RDAs to the Diablo's.... did a basic 6 wrap 22gN80 3mm..and performance is stellar

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Imagine how many times you would have stopped to drip..Im sure your actually vaping more now and going through more juice vaping like you are now just because its streamlined.
Definitely going through more juice.
Dripping i go through 30ml in a day and with this tank ive already killed 45 and im just now on my way to my 2nd job after hitting vaporshark.
I make my juice under 3mg though, usually closer to 2.

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, I go through a lot of juice with my Diablo too. It's one of those chicken and egg things, am I going through juice faster due to the tank or am I going through it because I'm hitting the tank more frequently...lol I love the flavor from this little guy.

VU Sponsors