Become a Patron!

E-Cigarettes May Soon be Banned in the United States

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Because banning alcohol worked so well in the early part of the last century?
Because banning some drugs worked so well?

Exactly. They can ban them and piss up a rope, I AIN'T gonna stop vaping. They can kiss my ass, too! While I vape my delicious DIY ejuice in my RDA!

Andria

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Next Wednesday is the day that bill that could change the grandfather date of vaping products goes up for a vote.
This could be good if it passes all products on the market before the day deeming regs drop would be grandfathered in.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PICK ONE
serveimage

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And I gotta say... all this crap about making vaping illegal for teenagers is so totally stupid, I can't even find words to express my outrage. What, it's ok for them to start smoking while they're teenagers, but they have to wait till they're 18 to get a legal vape? Yeah, how many of us waited till it was legal to start smoking??? I was 13; by the time I graduated high school at 18, I was smoking over a pk a day.

I think the way to ultimately stop tobacco usage in the US is if kids start vaping instead of starting to smoke. How many of us started smoking as teens, then when we were in our 20s figured out that it was stupid, disgusting, money-wasting... but were totally unable to quit? I tried, I mean I REALLY TRIED, to quit when I was 23... made it 90 days... and I was so sick of being so fucking miserable, I started back. But vaping? Even if they start when they're 13, as I did with smoking, and decide in their 20s that it's stupid, money-wasting... THEY'LL BE ABLE TO QUIT A HELL OF A LOT MORE EASILY THAN QUITTING CIGARETTES!!! They might get a headache, like you do if you cold-turkey off coffee or soda... but it won't be climbing-the-walls withdrawal like with cigarettes.

Today, the teenagers across the street from me asked me if I had any ejuice I could spare, because they had run out. I said sure, and gave them 10ml of some of my 5mg strawberry & cream. They probably won't like it much, being 85% PG, they're cloud chuffers, but it'll get 'em by, and THEY WON'T HAVE TO SMOKE. 2 of the 3 of them used to be smokers... but now are vapers. If they couldn't get any ejuice, they very likely would have gotten some cigarettes and smoked them, so I call that a WIN.

Andria

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
And I gotta say... all this crap about making vaping illegal for teenagers is so totally stupid, I can't even find words to express my outrage. What, it's ok for them to start smoking while they're teenagers, but they have to wait till they're 18 to get a legal vape? Yeah, how many of us waited till it was legal to start smoking??? I was 13; by the time I graduated high school at 18, I was smoking over a pk a day.

I think the way to ultimately stop tobacco usage in the US is if kids start vaping instead of starting to smoke. How many of us started smoking as teens, then when we were in our 20s figured out that it was stupid, disgusting, money-wasting... but were totally unable to quit? I tried, I mean I REALLY TRIED, to quit when I was 23... made it 90 days... and I was so sick of being so fucking miserable, I started back. But vaping? Even if they start when they're 13, as I did with smoking, and decide in their 20s that it's stupid, money-wasting... THEY'LL BE ABLE TO QUIT A HELL OF A LOT MORE EASILY THAN QUITTING CIGARETTES!!! They might get a headache, like you do if you cold-turkey off coffee or soda... but it won't be climbing-the-walls withdrawal like with cigarettes.

Today, the teenagers across the street from me asked me if I had any ejuice I could spare, because they had run out. I said sure, and gave them 10ml of some of my 5mg strawberry & cream. They probably won't like it much, being 85% PG, they're cloud chuffers, but it'll get 'em by, and THEY WON'T HAVE TO SMOKE. 2 of the 3 of them used to be smokers... but now are vapers. If they couldn't get any ejuice, they very likely would have gotten some cigarettes and smoked them, so I call that a WIN.

Andria

Also there is THIS:

https://www.drugabuse.gov/related-t...nitoring-future-survey-overview-findings-2015

Measured for the first time in the MTF survey in 2014, the use of e-cigarettes remains high among teens with 9.5 percent of 8th graders, 14.0 percent of 10th graders, and 16.2 percent of 12th graders reporting using e-cigarettes in the past month. For the first time, students were asked about what they vaporized the last time they used an e-cigarette. A significant majority (over 60 percent across all grades) reported vaporizing “just flavoring.” Among high school seniors, 22.2 percent reported inhaling nicotine, 6.1 percent reported inhaling mj or hash oil, and 6.3 percent indicated that they did not know what they inhaled.

So basically 2/3 of all teens don't even use nicotine.
So that is a big NON problem.

Cigarettes ALWAYS have nicotine at least with vaping 60% of the kids aren't using nicotine.
That in itself is a HUGE public health win.

Last edited:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The FDA Deeming regulations are REAL. Without verbiage changes it will destroy vaping in the USA and hand it to Big Tobacco & Big Pharma on a golden platter.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The FDA Deeming regulations are REAL. Without verbiage changes it will destroy vaping in the USA and hand it to Big Tobacco & Big Pharma on a golden platter.
the sad thing is that no matter what we do they will still get what they want.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Quoted for truth, but I refuse to click "Like".

the sad thing is that no matter what we do they will still get what they want.
There comes a point where the only rational thing to do is to withdraw and insulate yourself from the system to whatever degree possible.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Quoted for truth, but I refuse to click "Like".

There comes a point where the only rational thing to do is to withdraw and insulate yourself from the system to whatever degree possible.

Yeah, I'm thinking a 3rd liter of nic might not be a bad idea. ;)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
At $25 a liter I can't imagine anyone who's paying any attention at all not having a lifetime supply in stock now. That works out to $10 a YEAR for nicotine for me, and I'm a fairly heavy user. Heck, I used to spend more than $10 a DAY on cigarettes.

Well the 2L I have now is either 22 or 35 yrs worth, depending on if I stay at 5mg or decrease to 3mg -- and I'm nearly 55, so 35 yrs worth is undoubtedly a lifetime supply. :D However, I've been thinking that for the warm months, I might go back up slightly to 6mg, to see if I can decrease the amount that I vape, which makes me think another Liter might be a good idea.

Andria

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Well the 2L I have now is either 22 or 35 yrs worth, depending on if I stay at 5mg or decrease to 3mg -- and I'm nearly 55, so 35 yrs worth is undoubtedly a lifetime supply. :D However, I've been thinking that for the warm months, I might go back up slightly to 6mg, to see if I can decrease the amount that I vape, which makes me think another Liter might be a good idea.
Better to have and not to need than to need and not to have.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Better to have and not to need than to need and not to have.

Absolutely... Plus, when our son comes home, he may want to start vaping, to avoid returning to smoking. He hasn't smoked for a while, so I would probably keep him at 3mg, but it would still come from my nicotine resources.

Andria

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think some are over reacting. Vaping in general isn't being banned (yet).
Just products made after x date. Everybody will have to switch to DIY and the ingredients will likely still be sold because of all the non-vape related uses. ie, pg and vg are used for cosmetics, and flavoring is used for baking. Nicotine will likely still be available as well. All the places selling this stuff just wont mention vaping on their sites and can't control what somebody uses stuff for anyway so they wont get in trouble for selling the stuff.

(feel free to correct me if I am misunderstanding)

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I think some are over reacting. Vaping in general isn't being banned (yet).
Just products made after x date. Everybody will have to switch to DIY and the ingredients will likely still be sold because of all the non-vape related uses. ie, pg and vg are used for cosmetics, and flavoring is used for baking. Nicotine will likely still be available as well. All the places selling this stuff just wont mention vaping on their sites and can't control what somebody uses stuff for anyway so they wont get in trouble for selling the stuff.
I'm not too worried about PG and VG (I only have about 7 years worth) and I'm not worried about flavors at all. But nic is the obvious choke point, both for DIY and for all the small juice vendors, some of whom are bound to try to survive in the informal sector of the economy.

Even if nic remains available legally, I expect it will be taxed. If we look at how cigarettes are currently taxed, just the federal tax of $1.01 per pack works out to about 5 cents per milligram of nicotine. If the goobermint taxes nic base at the same rate, we'll be looking at $5000 per liter of 100mg....

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nicotine tax is a good point.
But that would also make nicotine gum and patches jump in price and that will piss off big pharma, which likely has just as much (if not more) pushing power then big tobacco, it would also make the big tobacco owned ecigs cost a lot more and they might also jump in fighting a tax on plain nicotine. It might also piss off organic farmers since nicotine (I think still) is used as an organic pesticide and a tax would result in organic food costing more.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nicotine tax is a good point.
But that would also make nicotine gum and patches jump in price and that will piss off big pharma, which likely has just as much (if not more) pushing power then big tobacco, it would also make the big tobacco owned ecigs cost a lot more and they might also jump in fighting a tax on plain nicotine. It might also piss off organic farmers since nicotine (I think still) is used as an organic pesticide and a tax would result in organic food costing more.

Well hell, you didn't think it would apply to PHARAMACEUTICAL products, did you? They're FDA approved! Because FDA is in bed with BP, but the consumers are the ones getting fucked!

Andria

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Even if it is the consumers paying the tax, the items will cost more and thus sales will decrease. Cut's into their profit margin. lol

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Even if it is the consumers paying the tax, the items will cost more and thus sales will decrease. Cut's into their profit margin. lol

The thing is, they won't apply the tax to any BP products. They get to make the rules, you see, without any oversight of any RESPONSIBLE kind, so they give their butt buddies special consideration. That's really all that "FDA Approved" means!

Andria

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not too worried about PG and VG (I only have about 7 years worth) and I'm not worried about flavors at all. But nic is the obvious choke point, both for DIY and for all the small juice vendors, some of whom are bound to try to survive in the informal sector of the economy.

Even if nic remains available legally, I expect it will be taxed. If we look at how cigarettes are currently taxed, just the federal tax of $1.01 per pack works out to about 5 cents per milligram of nicotine. If the goobermint taxes nic base at the same rate, we'll be looking at $5000 per liter of 100mg....
yeah they'll go after nicotine a relatively denevolent drug as drugs go.......meanwhile the British NHS is expanding and supporting vaping as the Democrat party drives people back onto smoking...The US policy will look idiotic as cancer rates, COPD, and emphsyema rates go down in Britian.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Noam Chomsky is an asswipe....he's a skinner older Micheal Moore,with a better wardrobe.

Pulsevape is the smartest person I know... The proof is in the way he forcefully inserts his rhetoric and opinion wether anyone asked or not.

Fwiw,"great minds" offer theories, ideas and opinions in an effort to make others think and come to their own conclusions.

Overly aggressive,Internet assclowns repeatedly force opinion without any reference to fact in order to make themselves feel superior.

Take that pot shot at face value but seriously man,chill out.
I don't post much but there isn't much on VU that I miss and from everything I've seen, a good 75% of your posts are just you belittling others for their beliefs,vape style,political
views or simply baiting for arguments. Let me look around and see If I can find some offs for you to fuck...
Come on down from that cross and join the rest of us man.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Pulsevape is the smartest person I know... The proof is in the way he forcefully inserts his rhetoric and opinion wether anyone asked or not.

Fwiw,"great minds" offer theories, ideas and opinions in an effort to make others think and come to their own conclusions.

Overly aggressive,Internet assclowns repeatedly force opinion without any reference to fact in order to make themselves feel superior.

I don't post much but there isn't much on VU that I miss and from everything I've seen, a good 75% of your posts are just you belittling others for their beliefs,vape style,political
views or simply baiting for arguments. Let me look around and see If I can find some offs for you to fuck...

I agree... but I've also found that maybe 50% of the time, I actually agree with him, so I just try to ignore the other 50%. ;)

Andria

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree... but I've also found that maybe 50% of the time, I actually agree with him, so I just try to ignore the other 50%. ;)

Andria

I also agree with alot of what he says but there's always that tinge of "THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE" without providing fact or letting others retort with their views on the matter without belittling them for doing so.
There's no discussion,it's just him telling everyone else that he's the only one that has it all figured out and the rest of us are just sheep suckling on mcnugget tanks.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

here's another pot shot...fuck you bondo...but then I've told you that many times before,..maybe you should grab your yoga mat and go back to your safe space. I'm not responsible for your "triggers"..

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pssst hey everybody! said a little voice....

Your state legislators, the ones who do this stuff, are all up for re-election. :)
vapers are passionate hell we are even getting organized,but man we are going up against big Pharma and big tobacco...I've called legislators and I'm sure you have to, and they have contempt fot the average voter.if you'r not putting money in their pockets they don't listen....

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So flavorings used in e liquid would be in no way effected if the worst case happened? Maybe I outta throw a couple liters of nic in the freezer too, just to be safe. Never know whatll happen. If its not the FDA it could be a super volcano, a meteor, a plague, a super solar flare, zombies, or one of hundreds of other wild society collapsing scenarios. If the shit hits the fan, Im gonna need a lot of nicotine lol.

How longs it keep in a freezer?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So flavorings used in e liquid would be in no way effected if the worst case happened? Maybe I outta throw a couple liters of nic in the freezer too, just to be safe. Never know whatll happen. If its not the FDA it could be a super volcano, a meteor, a plague, a super solar flare, zombies, or one of hundreds of other wild society collapsing scenarios. If the shit hits the fan, Im gonna need a lot of nicotine lol.

How longs it keep in a freezer?
I don't know I've talked to a nic manufacturer and basically he says the most important thing is to keep the nic out of the light,extreme heat, and airtight...I think he was saying like two years.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also agree with alot of what he says but there's always that tinge of "THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE" without providing fact or letting others retort with their views on the matter without belittling them for doing so.
There's no discussion,it's just him telling everyone else that he's the only one that has it all figured out and the rest of us are just sheep suckling on mcnugget tanks.
Wow I have superhuman powers according to you...man just think if I used all that power for good huh...jeez I had no idea I was such a force of nature...you poor little thing.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
So flavorings used in e liquid would be in no way effected if the worst case happened?
"In no way affected" might be a wee optimistic, but I'm reasonably confident that usable flavorings will be available.

Maybe I outta throw a couple liters of nic in the freezer too, just to be safe. Never know whatll happen.[....] How longs it keep in a freezer?
The longest reports out there are now pushing six years without noticeable degradation. That's in well-sealed glass bottles, in a freezer. So the answer might well be "indefinitely" but nobody really knows for sure. In any case, it's longer than two years some vendors claim.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"In no way affected" might be a wee optimistic, but I'm reasonably confident that usable flavorings will be available.

The longest reports out there are now pushing six years without noticeable degradation. That's in well-sealed glass bottles, in a freezer. So the answer might well be "indefinitely" but nobody really knows for sure. In any case, it's longer than two years some vendors claim.
I've heard the best way to store it is in tanks like they store beer in using gas to displace all the oxygen.

mkmnrm76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We all need to be focusing on how we are going to fight this on a legal platform instead of trying to figure out how long NIC will last on a freezer. There are things we can do and people we can write and emails that can be sent and petitions that can be signed and getting out and voting for the representative that will support our stance. Let's stop worrying about the "what if" and do something right now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ggvaper

Member For 4 Years
Absolutely... Plus, when our son comes home, he may want to start vaping, to avoid returning to smoking. He hasn't smoked for a while, so I would probably keep him at 3mg, but it would still come from my nicotine resources.

Andria

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Well Said...

Thank You!!!

Jim

VU Sponsors