Become a Patron!

E-Cigarettes May Soon be Banned in the United States

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
We all need to be focusing on how we are going to fight this on a legal platform instead of trying to figure out how long NIC will last on a freezer. There are things we can do and people we can write and emails that can be sent and petitions that can be signed and getting out and voting for the representative that will support our stance. Let's stop worrying about the "what if" and do something right now.
By all means, beg your rulers not to make your chains too tight. I reluctantly do some of that myself at times. But in the end, I've got a backup plan that allows me to slip out of those chains entirely.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We all need to be focusing on how we are going to fight this on a legal platform instead of trying to figure out how long NIC will last on a freezer. There are things we can do and people we can write and emails that can be sent and petitions that can be signed and getting out and voting for the representative that will support our stance. Let's stop worrying about the "what if" and do something right now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
In theory I agree with you and I think we should be more visible and politically active,however I think that the fact is we are still a very small fringe group.We have science and truth on our side, but as a voting block we aren't very formidable yet.alot of smokers think we're silly and alot of nonsmokers think we are as bad if not worse than smoking.Truth will out,but it may take time.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
what slow day over at the ECF troll parade, or just run out of things to talk about at the ECF provari thread talking to yourself.
Stay on topic p

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Also there is THIS:

https://www.drugabuse.gov/related-t...nitoring-future-survey-overview-findings-2015

Measured for the first time in the MTF survey in 2014, the use of e-cigarettes remains high among teens with 9.5 percent of 8th graders, 14.0 percent of 10th graders, and 16.2 percent of 12th graders reporting using e-cigarettes in the past month. For the first time, students were asked about what they vaporized the last time they used an e-cigarette. A significant majority (over 60 percent across all grades) reported vaporizing “just flavoring.” Among high school seniors, 22.2 percent reported inhaling nicotine, 6.1 percent reported inhaling m*rijuana or h*sh oil, and 6.3 percent indicated that they did not know what they inhaled.

So basically 2/3 of all teens don't even use nicotine.
So that is a big NON problem.

Their argument is that kids who would not normally turn to smoking are starting to vape....like high school athletes. Bullshit I say...kids are gonna do what they want regardless of rules and laws. And I can guarantee all kids surveyed are 100% honest about not smoking before they Vaped. I know it's possible to do one without the other but mostly those who vape were former smokers (not saying ALL, but most). And like 5150sick said, 2/3 aren't even using nicotine. It's no big deal just typical big tobacco whining because vaping pissed in their Cheerios.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
By all means, beg your rulers not to make your chains too tight. I reluctantly do some of that myself at times. But in the end, I've got a backup plan that allows me to slip out of those chains entirely.

EXACTLY! I already know what the gov't will do, in any given situation... whatever gives it more of the public's money, because the gov't is nothing but a leech. It's a much better use of my time to stockpile all the items I need in order to keep vaping, than waste my time chasing morons who only want what's best for THEM, not for me or the other constituents. They don't give a fat rat's ass about health or safety -- except their own! -- they just want POWER.

I'm just wondering if I have sufficient room in my freezer for another liter. Maybe I'll just go back to buying those $10 120ml's, and fit them in one at a time until I really run completely out of room for them.

Andria

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Nicotine tax is a good point.
But that would also make nicotine gum and patches jump in price and that will piss off big pharma, which likely has just as much (if not more) pushing power then big tobacco, it would also make the big tobacco owned ecigs cost a lot more and they might also jump in fighting a tax on plain nicotine. It might also piss off organic farmers since nicotine (I think still) is used as an organic pesticide and a tax would result in organic food costing more.

Nicotine gum, patches, lozenges, etc... will be excluded because it already passed FDA regs and are considered tobacco cessation products

Even worse big tobacco won't even give a shit because their garbage cigalikes contain 1ml max of liquid.

In fact there are a couple states already taxing eliquid and in every state that does big tobacco's closed system cigilikes are exempt from the tax.
I wouldn't be surprised if one of their lobbyists helped draft the law to begin with.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I think some are over reacting. Vaping in general isn't being banned (yet).
Just products made after x date. Everybody will have to switch to DIY and the ingredients will likely still be sold because of all the non-vape related uses. ie, pg and vg are used for cosmetics, and flavoring is used for baking. Nicotine will likely still be available as well. All the places selling this stuff just wont mention vaping on their sites and can't control what somebody uses stuff for anyway so they wont get in trouble for selling the stuff.

(feel free to correct me if I am misunderstanding)

From what most lawyers (Greg Conley, Greg Troutman, etc...) in the vaping industry are saying nicotine will be the only thing the FDA can go after since it is the only thing that is "made or derived from tobacco"

BUT there is one (and only one) company right now ramping up to start producing non tobacco derived nicotine:

http://nextgenerationlabs.com

and this tobacco free nicotine has been in the works since 2014 and has already been trademarked:

https://trademarks.justia.com/864/25/pharmanic-86425676.html

PharmaNic from Next Generation Labs, LLC will have a monopoly on this market.

From NextGen's website:

Regulation, Patents, Safety / Current Government Regulation

Regulatory authority by FDA does not currently extend to tobacco free nicotine as a tobacco product.
FDA regulatory authority for drugs, devices and foods shouldn’t apply if product makes no therapeutic claims.
FDA Center for Tobacco Products new deeming authority over e-cigs does not extend to tobacco free nicotine.
Majority of state regulation is currently limited to tobacco-derived nicotine.

I have heard about this a year ago directly from Greg Conley and he seems to think that if tested in a court of law this nicotine will not legally fall under the FDA's jurisdiction because it is in no way shape or form a "tobacco product".

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
"In no way affected" might be a wee optimistic, but I'm reasonably confident that usable flavorings will be available.

The longest reports out there are now pushing six years without noticeable degradation. That's in well-sealed glass bottles, in a freezer. So the answer might well be "indefinitely" but nobody really knows for sure. In any case, it's longer than two years some vendors claim.

99.9% pure nicotine actually freezes in a freezer and can last indefinitely.
There are a few places to get 99.9 to 99.7% pure nicotine but a liter of it would be costly and VERY dangerous handle which is why I will not mention the source in this thread.
This pure shit really can kill you.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The technology exists along with the Chemistry to make synthetic nicotine. The FDA will work with the DEA to get a law passed, or have synthetics lumped in with other synthetic drugs on a class 1 list. I'm studying up on how to extract my own from tobacco since you can legally grow it in all states and US possessions, you just can't sell it.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
There are a few places to get 99.9 to 99.7% pure nicotine but a liter of it would be costly and VERY dangerous handle which is why I will not mention the source in this thread.
Yup. I'll stick with 100mg/ml (10%) thanks. :)

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, a long while back I was looking for some pure nicotine for...reasons lol. Was able to source some but like said the price is a little prohibitive and the risk involved in handling that purity was too much for my purposes. At that purity that shit could easily kill you dead just by spilling some on your skin, never mind if a child or drunk adult drank some accidently or in a "hold my beer" moment. And that shit would not be a pleasant death.

Seina_Yamada

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mind sending me a pm where? the only place I've found was a place out of china and I do not order directly from china.

VU Sponsors