Become a Patron!

Ebay is now stopping everyone from selling E-cig mods and excessaries

Dan Az

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just received this from ebay where I was selling mods and tanks, And I just wanted everyone to know that they are taking sides of the FDA ruling that was shut down by congress of trying to control the ecig market. I closed my account with them and I hope everyone else will do the same to send a message to them.I explained that the FDA was shut down on their attempt to control the market on false information by congress and that because of their apparent liberal decision to follow through with it anyway they have made a 3 million consumer mistake. Write them and tell them why you are shutting down your account and take a stand before it goes any further.We need to stand together on this one.
The following listing has been removed:

181431343545 - Innokin VTR, Stainless Steel with case

We noticed that item(s) offered for sale on this account weren’t listed in accordance with our Tobacco Products policy. We realize you may not have been aware of this policy, or that this may have been a simple oversight, so we're including some policy information to help you with your future listings and to make sure they don't run into any problems. We also had to take the following actions:
- Listings that didn't follow eBay guidelines have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.
- We have credited any associated fees to your account.
Due to strict government regulations, eBay doesn't allow the sale of most tobacco products. This includes cigarettes, cigars, electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes), herbal cigarettes, and smokeless tobacco.

The following items are not considered collectibles, and they are not allowed to be listed or sold on eBay:
- Cigars in cellophane wrapping
- Collectible tobacco, including a listing that describes the tobacco instead of its collectible packaging
- Tobacco products packaged in classic packaging
- Electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) or e-cigarette accessories

You may sell collectible packaging that contains tobacco if the package is unopened. Your listing must follow the guidelines below, and the guidelines must be included in the listing. Please refer to the policy page to find the guidelines and disclaimers you need to include in your listing.

If you include photos in your listing, you need to display the actual item for sale. Stock photos are not allowed.

For more information on this policy, go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/tobacco.html

You listed an electronic cigarette or an electronic cigarette accessory. While we appreciate that you have chosen to utilize our site, we must ask that you please not relist in this case. We attempted to call you to go over this information by phone but were unable to reach you.

Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with this information and be sure that future listings follow these guidelines. Keep in mind that if further items aren't listed in accordance with our policy, it could result in additional action including account restrictions or loss of buying and selling privileges on eBay.

Learn more about the reasons why listings are removed:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/questions/listing-ended.html

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What a bunch of ass hats. I wonder how their stock holder feel.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jesus, learn how to get past the filters and stop crying about some Liberal agenda as you call it. Selling Electronic Cigs is against their TOS. But there are 1000's of mods/rba's/rda's still being auctioned everyday. You have 2 options figure out how the other 1000 people sell their ecig stuff on EBAY or follow their TOS and leave. They are covering their ass, but you can STILL sell your stuffs if the Liberal boogie man will just quit bringing you down.

Ebay is now stopping everyone
from selling E-cig mods and excessaries

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Wow it was like that for a while, then they allowed it - now they are back on the crack down i see

Chris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I researched this for a post recently and they are becoming more aggressive but you can still find and buy stuff. One tip I can give to sellers, stay away from using triggers like ecigs, Innokin, etc. I have noticed that there have been quite a few reports (mostly on Facebook) of this happening more recently.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I researched this for a post recently and they are becoming more aggressive but you can still find and buy stuff. One tip I can give to sellers, stay away from using triggers like ecigs, Innokin, etc. I have noticed that there have been quite a few reports (mostly on Facebook) of this happening more recently.

Good advice, I just got a dripper off Ebay, 5 minutes ago and the person selling them lists all the things it is not but really is..
It's all how you list it and if anyone complains I guess....

Thrasher

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The terms of service have forbidden vaping from the beginning, I dont really think they are taking sides. as for why some get through - Just think of how hard it must be to sit all day and search millions of listings for banned items.

you can still find 510 threaded kayfun flashlight add ons though lol :D

KatyLoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah they're are cracking down alright. I just posted the story of our eBay store on another thread. We've gotten over a dozen of those emails the OP talks about just recently. I talked to an eBay CS agent and who said they have identified Innokin as an electonic cigarette manufacturer and they are working hard to remove all Innokin products but the new listings appear faster than they can take them down. So that's just 1 company they've figured out - I wasn't about to mention any other names.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Jesus, learn how to get past the filters and stop crying about some Liberal agenda as you call it. Selling Electronic Cigs is against their TOS. But there are 1000's of mods/rba's/rda's still being auctioned everyday. You have 2 options figure out how the other 1000 people sell their ecig stuff on EBAY or follow their TOS and leave. They are covering their ass, but you can STILL sell your stuffs if the Liberal boogie man will just quit bringing you down.

Ebay is now stopping everyone
from selling E-cig mods and excessaries

I wouldn't even worry about it. This tin foil hat theory pops up daily.
People do not realize that ecigs were never allowed on eBay to start with.

reasons for getting you listing taken down:

1) their competition is reporting their listings to reduce competition.
2) The ANTZ or asshole senators are bored so they go on eBay and report a hundred posts
3) people put "electronic nicotine smoking cigarette" or something goofy in the listing

Check out how many weed vaporizers are for sale on eBay!
This is just 1 popular brand! you would figure DRUG paraphernalia would be not allowed either (it isn't)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk....H0.Xvalcano+&_nkw=volcano+vaporizer&_sacat=0

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This from another forum. Not ECF
If you list a mod as a mod and a mech as a mech or mech mod it's ok.
EBay will only pull the words that contain anything to do with CIG whether that's e-cig, cigerette or whatever.
They use software to flag up words that coincide with there barred / banned list of policies.
They get an alert flag up and then they look into it.
There is plenty of e-liquid on eBay but its listed as shisha (0 Nic) we all know it isn't but eBay allows shisha as its regarded as no nicotine or tobacco.
Its time they went through there policies and had a rethink about what's allowed and what isn't.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
This from another forum. Not ECF
If you list a mod as a mod and a mech as a mech or mech mod it's ok.
EBay will only pull the words that contain anything to do with CIG whether that's e-cig, cigerette or whatever.
They use software to flag up words that coincide with there barred / banned list of policies.
They get an alert flag up and then they look into it.
There is plenty of e-liquid on eBay but its listed as shisha (0 Nic) we all know it isn't but eBay allows shisha as its regarded as no nicotine or tobacco.
Its time they went through there policies and had a rethink about what's allowed and what isn't.
from what I have sold on eBay (CDs and sports cards) I noticed if i Post something and eBay kicks it back as against policy (For instance a CDr is not allowed but "acetate" is) they will delete it right away. If someone reports you it will get deleted at another time

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Couple of thoughts: 1) I bought my SVD from an ebay seller. Great price! I had some problems with it about 6 weeks after I purchased. I contacted the seller and Innokin and both asked me to return it for replacement to the ebay seller (under the 90 day Innokin warranty). This makes me believe at least this seller is authorized by Innokin.

2) I just checked ebay and there are still over 1100 items when you search for Innokin. I know they are patrolling and removing some items, but there's still a lot there.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
One word. Loopholes.

People are finding loopholes to keep their listings from being flagged or removed. But those loopholes are closing.

And let's not forget the watchdogs. The do-gooder lazy ass houswives who sit in front of their PC all day with their fist in a box of jelly donuts scouring the listings looking for things to report. Thinking somehow they are earning brownie points.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I had a feeling innokin authorized re sellers could be reporting people who sell lower than they can sell for. I remember seeing listings where a seller had a photo of his innokin authorized re seller plaque up.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had a feeling innokin authorized re sellers could be reporting people who sell lower than they can sell for. I remember seeing listings where a seller had a photo of his innokin authorized re seller plaque up.

That too. Sellers reporting other sellers. Quick way to weed out the competition. But also drawing more attention to a broader band of listings and items. Kinda shooting themselves in the foot by doing that.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
EBay used to be super, super strict about a year and a half ago. Any listing would have to be a 24hour auction and 80% of them got taken down. They are just enforcing a rule that was always there. They will still be there if every ecig seller leaves so it doesn't matter too them one bit. I think complaining to them will just make them enforce the rules more. If your innokin svd gets taken down then realist it as an itaste svd

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Doesn't that congrevape site do vape auction listings and buy it now listings?

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
EBay used to be super, super strict about a year and a half ago. Any listing would have to be a 24hour auction and 80% of them got taken down. They are just enforcing a rule that was always there. They will still be there if every ecig seller leaves so it doesn't matter too them one bit. I think complaining to them will just make them enforce the rules more. If your innokin svd gets taken down then realist it as an itaste svd

That attitude right there pisses me off. People just turn and run away with their tail between their legs because they don't think they will be heard. Or they are afraid of what will happen if they speak up. Well if not for vaping supplies what about other items. People are so afraid to speak up because they are

A. Too afraid to period.

Or

B. Don't think what they have to say will make a difference.

Me I am a pot stirring mother fucker and I am not afraid to speak my mind and tell someone how I feel if I think what they are doing is wrong. Does what I say make a difference. Chances are no. But maybe me having the courage to stand up and say something will give others the courage or initiative to do the same instead of sitting back and taking it straight veins with no lube.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You have every right to complain. I also heard of people calling eBay reps and asking what keywords are allowed and not allowed. If you get a good rep they will talk you through it. Emailing them often ends in a generic response.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You have every right to complain. I also heard of people calling eBay reps and asking what keywords are allowed and not allowed. If you get a good rep they will talk you through it. Emailing them often ends in a generic response.

That is why I did not e-mail them direct. The purpose of an open letter is for a vast audience to see it. I posted it on several groups and forums. I also posted it on FB and Google+ making sure to tag them. And finally I posted it right on their FB page. They could not ignore all of that and no way I would have got an automated reply.

Let me just clarify. Though it would seem as such I am not a vape dealer or seller on ebay. I am a consumer. I like finding deals on there. So you could say I am going to bat for all of the vendors. Which helps them as well as the consumer. If any good comes out of this that is.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I still can't figure out why the weed vaporizers are fine and dandy to sell on eBay. What could they possibly be saying they are vaporizing that is allowed? "Dry herbs" lol

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
That is why I did not e-mail them direct. The purpose of an open letter is for a vast audience to see it. I posted it on several groups and forums. I also posted it on FB and Google+ making sure to tag them. And finally I posted it right on their FB page. They could not ignore all of that and no way I would have got an automated reply.

Let me just clarify. Though it would seem as such I am not a vape dealer or seller on ebay. I am a consumer. I like finding deals on there. So you could say I am going to bat for all of the vendors. Which helps them as well as the consumer. If any good comes out of this that is.
oh shit. I thought you were the guy whose listings got taken down. I apologize. I go on there for good deals too. And I sell CDs and sports cards.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I still can't figure out why the weed vaporizers are fine and dandy to sell on eBay. What could they possibly be saying they are vaporizing that is allowed? "Dry herbs" lol

This is what got me going in the first place. I see people talking about their vape listings getting pulled. So I decided on a whim to search out hookahs and water pipes. Honestly not expecting very many results.

Hookahs: 2208 listing
Water pipes: 1273 listings
Bongs: 341 listings

Yes they are listed n collectibles. But let's get real. People are not buying these for collections. They are sparking up.

vapire

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya it always takes a while for the crackdown to take effect. I remember when they banned flash carts for the ds it was a little under two months before the listing went dry. So I wouldn't keep your hopes up.
Anybody that wants to test it out go to ebay and search Kayfun. over 1700 returns.
"mechanical mod" over 5000 returns.
Far cry from banning EVERYONE

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
oh shit. I thought you were the guy whose listings got taken down. I apologize. I go on there for good deals too. And I sell CDs and sports cards.

Nope I'm just a pissed off deal finder.

I used to sell NASCAR cards and Star Wars collectibles on eBay. But their fees are astronomical now. I started on eBay in 1998. It used to be pretty cheap to sell. Now between the 10% off the top, eBay fees and rising postal costs it isn't worth it anymore.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I am disabled and I just sell in order to afford vape gear. I have a whole lot of collectors CDs, autographed merchandise, and sports cards that I list as I need extra money. I also buy large lots of CDs and merch then break them up and sell them for a lot more.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just a heads-up, I have a vaping-related item in my ebay watch list. It appears to be valid and active (not pulled). I don't want to link the item to this forum and jeopardize the seller, but apparently some things are still listed there.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just a heads-up, I have a vaping-related item in my ebay watch list. It appears to be valid and active (not pulled). I don't want to link the item to this forum and jeopardize the seller, but apparently some things are still listed there.

There are tons of listings still active. But as I said they are tightening the noose. One seller that I bought a few items from has had several of their listings pulled. No record of them even existing. These were listings for Kayfuns with all of the proper disclaimers and no mention of nicotine or tobacco.

KatyLoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
These were listings for Kayfuns with all of the proper disclaimers and no mention of nicotine or tobacco.

But there's no such thing as a proper disclaimer. The eBay Tobacco Policy does not allow "Electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) and components". They'll even take down a listing for a beauty ring (as I learned the hard way).

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
If you list a beauty ring as "ecig beauty ring" it will get pulled. Same as "kayfun rebuildable ecig vaporizer mod vaping device" it will get pulled. "Tobeco kayfun lite" will not get pulled. Unless someone reports it.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you list a beauty ring as "ecig beauty ring" it will get pulled. Same as "kayfun rebuildable ecig vaporizer mod vaping device" it will get pulled. "Tobeco kayfun lite" will not get pulled. Unless someone reports it.

And I think that is alot of what is going on. Either competitors or the housewife patrol are reporting them. Each time one is reported and pulled they have a whole new groups of words they can flag. I gotta feeling this shit is gonna blow up over the next six months or so. Stock up now.

KatyLoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

It's true that using words like "ecig" will increase your odds of an MC999 tremendously but let's not give people a false sense of security here. I've had a few phone conversations with eBay "policy experts" on this subject and I've had more that a few listings taken down. They are working to identify who the ecig manufacturers are and becoming more aggressive in policing the site.

But my point was that a disclaimer like "contains no nicotine or tobacco" is meaningless. If anything, it makes it easier for them to find the listings.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last monday ebay Kayfun search got 1720 returns.
Today ebay Kayfun search 1730 returns

Last week "Mechanical mod" ebay search got 5011 returns
Today "Mechanical mod" search Ebay 5284 returns

I'll keep posting my weekly search reports from Ebay. But the short 2 week sample has shown a INCREASE in listings....

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let me add this. Since Ecig stuff has been against Ebay's TOS under the stupid tobacco policy since almost the beginning, The only argument with them would be "But others are selling their ecig stuff" why can't I? At this point the only thing you will do is ruin it for the other 1000's of vapor sellers that have figured out how to do their auctions. Because it clearly states in their TOS no ecig stuffs.

That being said I buy 90% of my vape stuff from Ebay. Life isn't fair, I know.

vapire

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's only showing 1510 in mine now for kayfun

I'll keep posting my weekly search reports from Ebay. But the short 2 week sample has shown a INCREASE in listings....

vapire

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I feel your pain I buy about half my stuff from fast tech and ebay.

Blitz Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I mentioned this to fellow vapers on facebook, most people didn't believe me.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh this post again, here is this weeks Kayfun search. was 1730 last time. Lets see what it is this time.

Capture 6.PNG

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
This has been this way forever. People only care when it happens to them lol. Stop using the word electronic cigarette or e-cig

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No need, I just keep searching the same searches every week or so, Kayfun and Mechanical mod, Each week the list goes UP. Whats to explain?

You are searching for a few different things. Ebay is cracking down and deepening the search for items. Each time something gets reported they have a whole new group of words to flag. It is gonna eventually get to the point that sellers have no loopholes. As I said earlier this is in it's infancy. Of course you are gonna see plenty of listings right now. They are gonna slowly start thinning out. Ebay is scared and doesn't want to take a chance.

VU Sponsors