Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_mzvrntlDUI1sn0mkdo1_500_zpsd09da314.jpg

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd rather spend $125+ on blades then Authentic mods since I can actually use the metal for what it's designed for vs just holding a $125+ steel battery tube. If I had a video camera, I'd attempt to destroy mods to see how well they really are built. Believe it or not but I have had extremely affordable made to order (talking under $100) knives destroy $500+ blades. Within the Blade Community there has always been a war like this but it goes deeper. Authentic Vs Clone Vs Mass Produced Vs Made To Order Vs Blem Vs Homemade Vs Custom and the fact that these things can kill you or severely injure you if the QC isn't Tier 1.

Honestly, I don't care for Tier 1 mods for the fact that you will merely and only using that mod to hold a battery or 2 and vaping with it vs using it as a tool/weapon. If I were to buy a mod that was made out of scrap/surplus steel/metal and it was cheap, I'd be fine with it as long as it works and the voltage drop is minimal. Hell, I'd be fine with a mod that was welded as well.

Rant//
I got my Mom a really good full set of kitchen knives made by a guy named Bruce Baumgartner. Damascus steel blades, 10 year warranty. I put really tight edges on the blades with a honing stone and Jap water stones. She is blown away at how they keep their edges and the sharpness. She was a cook and then a chef for years and swore by Jap blades and the whole Japanese knife making process. She's is a convert now, despite being in her 80's. She can still debone a chicken or turkey in 4 minutes. Just fucking amazing.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
OUR GUEST FOR THIS NEXT MOD ENVY SHOW: BIG LOU
This guy made the killer video about ECC and the guys that served the papers....

Check it out here:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It was accidentaly uploaded to a private Facebook page

owl-orly.jpg

I suppose that he doesn't do Internet well enough to know you can download any video from just about any site. Also, if it was actually "private" how did everyone get a hold of it?

Sounds like all the "leaked" celeb vids...just PR and publicity.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
owl-orly.jpg

I suppose that he doesn't do Internet well enough to know you can download any video from just about any site. Also, if it was actually "private" how did everyone get a hold of it?

Sounds like all the "leaked" celeb vids...just PR and publicity.

It was "leaked' in the facebook group they did a shout out about at the end.. over 3,000 people in that "private group"

TheDishD

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OUR GUEST FOR THIS NEXT MOD ENVY SHOW: BIG LOU
This guy made the killer video about ECC and the guys that served the papers....

Check it out here:

Awesome sauce!! Big Lou is da man..

Btw check out twisted420 FB page, he has a post from the machinist that used to work for FallOut Mods..very interesting read on the level of tardness of the owner of Fallout Brian (yes one of the 3 duds from the iJoy vid)
Id post link but im not near pc to find link..

sent via a smartphone with a dumb operator XD

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For those who don't have access to FB..

Source: https://www.facebook.com/VapingwithTwisted420/posts/353653721470933

Now I have previously said that I wouldn't get involved with "Vape Drama" But when a machinist comes to you saying he wants to get his story out....it's hard to say no! lol This is from El Nuevo....the previous machinist for Fall Out Mods. The guys that make the Mutant. And here's what he wanted me to share with everyone.

"My name is Freddy "El Nuevo" Salinas. I am a 3rd generation machinist. My background consists of numerous work including robotics and aircraft parts. I have passion for machining and ecigs. I had always had ideas of creating a mod but it wasn't until my friend Adam Tout presented me with an idea that I got started. My first mod was the TI Gardian by Vape Syndicate. Adam Tout creator Vape Syndicate and the rough prototype of the TI came to me asked for my help to produce a mod ready for market. I had the skills and access to equipment in order to do it right.The agreement was that we would be co-creators. It launched at the first ECC. I'm not sure if it was the publicity or what that caused Adam fuck me after the show and not to mention after he had all of the money. Adam starts to become very distant and hard to get a hold of so that I could get paid. Brian Nashick was a friend of both of ours and filled me in on the fact that Adam was not planning on paying me. Brian befriended me, now I see it was because of what I could do for him, and persuaded me to create another mod. I was a little apprehensive because of what I had just been through but my passion for the business allow me to move on after my loss. So from then on Brian is glued to my hip. Just so we are clear Brian is not a machinist and has never been, even though I was asked to present him as a machinist. Brian could not write a program or machine a part on his own if his life depended on it. As I sat in Brian's living room on my headphones and Cad program I created the Mutant in one night. I was the only one with connections at a machine shop (my day job), so the next day I went to my boss and asked if I could work on a separate project on my own time. He agreed and I went to work that night. I stayed up all night and the finished project was the Mutant. The first couple of runs went great. We were making money and making show and shop appearances. Brian had already established a lot of connections in the ecig game and introduced me to a lot of higher ups that wanted to buy our product. Brian was also in control of the business end and the money (I have never been good with that). Brian was spending money as fast as it was coming in. The agreement was 50/50 but he was spending way more than what he was paying me and this was our only income. When I asked where the money was going a couple of his excuses was that he had to close on his house (trailer) and pay back previous debts that had nothing to do with me. In order to make up the difference Brian started to rob Peter to pay Paul, If your familiar with that expression. He would take deposit money from companies (Avant Garde) to pay past bills and taking pre order money from our customers and pay for inventory for companies (Avant Garde) in turn leaving our customers waiting for months for their product. Brian told me that all of the mod makers do this. The straw that broke the camels back was our last trip together to Vape Bash 2014. We argued the entire trip about not having money and Brian's attempt to sign up multiple companies (Avant Garde, Pantheon, Space Jam, and Vape Rev) under the same exclusive contract. I guess he saw that I didn't agree and wasn't willing to continue to go to these meetings and lie. Next thing I know I go to use my debit card and it doesn't work. Because he had control of the business end he was able to remove me from all accounts and rights to the Fallout Mods. I guess its my own fault for trusting him and I not much of a fighter or a Internet/Facebook Gangsta like my exfriend. I was cut out of the company and dead broke Before we left for that trip Brian instructed my friend/ boss (Rick Knox of New Demensions) to produce some product for the deals we were going to close. Because of Brian's greed and underhanded double dealing none of the contracts paid leaving New Demensions hold the bag on the product. After some months of New Demensions sitting on the inventory and not being able to reach Brian. New Demensions contacted me about the debt. I didn't have any money but I told them that I have a friend that might be able to help. I called Bubba Ruffner of Atomized Inc in Daytona Beach, FL. He was very interested and struck a deal with New Demensions to buy and sell the left over product. Atomized also moved me to Daytona and made me a sales consultant because everyone that I had met in the business had turned their back on me because they were previous friends of Brian. He told many lies to slander my name in order to preserve his. Now Brian is butthurt because Atomized has control of the inventory and has started to sell it publicly with different names and logos. Bubba went to ECC last week where he unveiled the mod and made it known that Atomized has it available on atomizedinc.com. Since then Brian has been losing his mind, sending death threats, posting lies, and harassing everyone involved. I just feel sorry for all of the people that Brian took their deposit or pre order money and never returned with product. Also anyone that has paid and received their inventory please contact us at atomizedinc.com."

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
For those who don't have access to FB..

Source: https://www.facebook.com/VapingwithTwisted420/posts/353653721470933

Now I have previously said that I wouldn't get involved with "Vape Drama" But when a machinist comes to you saying he wants to get his story out....it's hard to say no! lol This is from El Nuevo....the previous machinist for Fall Out Mods. The guys that make the Mutant. And here's what he wanted me to share with everyone.

"My name is Freddy "El Nuevo" Salinas. I am a 3rd generation machinist. My background consists of numerous work including robotics and aircraft parts. I have passion for machining and ecigs. I had always had ideas of creating a mod but it wasn't until my friend Adam Tout presented me with an idea that I got started. My first mod was the TI Gardian by Vape Syndicate. Adam Tout creator Vape Syndicate and the rough prototype of the TI came to me asked for my help to produce a mod ready for market. I had the skills and access to equipment in order to do it right.The agreement was that we would be co-creators. It launched at the first ECC. I'm not sure if it was the publicity or what that caused Adam fuck me after the show and not to mention after he had all of the money. Adam starts to become very distant and hard to get a hold of so that I could get paid. Brian Nashick was a friend of both of ours and filled me in on the fact that Adam was not planning on paying me. Brian befriended me, now I see it was because of what I could do for him, and persuaded me to create another mod. I was a little apprehensive because of what I had just been through but my passion for the business allow me to move on after my loss. So from then on Brian is glued to my hip. Just so we are clear Brian is not a machinist and has never been, even though I was asked to present him as a machinist. Brian could not write a program or machine a part on his own if his life depended on it. As I sat in Brian's living room on my headphones and Cad program I created the Mutant in one night. I was the only one with connections at a machine shop (my day job), so the next day I went to my boss and asked if I could work on a separate project on my own time. He agreed and I went to work that night. I stayed up all night and the finished project was the Mutant. The first couple of runs went great. We were making money and making show and shop appearances. Brian had already established a lot of connections in the ecig game and introduced me to a lot of higher ups that wanted to buy our product. Brian was also in control of the business end and the money (I have never been good with that). Brian was spending money as fast as it was coming in. The agreement was 50/50 but he was spending way more than what he was paying me and this was our only income. When I asked where the money was going a couple of his excuses was that he had to close on his house (trailer) and pay back previous debts that had nothing to do with me. In order to make up the difference Brian started to rob Peter to pay Paul, If your familiar with that expression. He would take deposit money from companies (Avant Garde) to pay past bills and taking pre order money from our customers and pay for inventory for companies (Avant Garde) in turn leaving our customers waiting for months for their product. Brian told me that all of the mod makers do this. The straw that broke the camels back was our last trip together to Vape Bash 2014. We argued the entire trip about not having money and Brian's attempt to sign up multiple companies (Avant Garde, Pantheon, Space Jam, and Vape Rev) under the same exclusive contract. I guess he saw that I didn't agree and wasn't willing to continue to go to these meetings and lie. Next thing I know I go to use my debit card and it doesn't work. Because he had control of the business end he was able to remove me from all accounts and rights to the Fallout Mods. I guess its my own fault for trusting him and I not much of a fighter or a Internet/Facebook Gangsta like my exfriend. I was cut out of the company and dead broke Before we left for that trip Brian instructed my friend/ boss (Rick Knox of New Demensions) to produce some product for the deals we were going to close. Because of Brian's greed and underhanded double dealing none of the contracts paid leaving New Demensions hold the bag on the product. After some months of New Demensions sitting on the inventory and not being able to reach Brian. New Demensions contacted me about the debt. I didn't have any money but I told them that I have a friend that might be able to help. I called Bubba Ruffner of Atomized Inc in Daytona Beach, FL. He was very interested and struck a deal with New Demensions to buy and sell the left over product. Atomized also moved me to Daytona and made me a sales consultant because everyone that I had met in the business had turned their back on me because they were previous friends of Brian. He told many lies to slander my name in order to preserve his. Now Brian is butthurt because Atomized has control of the inventory and has started to sell it publicly with different names and logos. Bubba went to ECC last week where he unveiled the mod and made it known that Atomized has it available on atomizedinc.com. Since then Brian has been losing his mind, sending death threats, posting lies, and harassing everyone involved. I just feel sorry for all of the people that Brian took their deposit or pre order money and never returned with product. Also anyone that has paid and received their inventory please contact us at atomizedinc.com."

Damn more drama for the "elite" crowed. Push.. and WE WILL PUSH BACK

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
when i grow up, i wanna be a clone.

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think thats good they banned clones they are counterfiet products and they are stealing money from hardworking mod makers. Plz dont say price and complaining that they cost too much because in fact mods are a luxury if you cant afford it just save up i hate the fact that people complain that they are too expensive save up or make better career choices. #TeamAuthentic4Life
You're a fucking idiot. Clones are not the problem. It's crybabies complaining that clones made more sales than the high priced authentics. I'll never buy an authentic, because the idiot manufacturers think it is worth more than it is. Fuck the ECC, AND the ECF.

I pretty much speak my mind, and if anyone doesn't like my opinion, well....I DGAF.

Sahsah

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I fail to see the major problem here. It's an expo and not allowing what would be 1:1 clones aka counterfeit items. I don't have a problem with them personally but this is a convention expo, why should this industry be different than any other one and allow the actual items to be showcased and sold and have someone else selling a counterfeit version for less at the expo? Try this at any other industry and report back on how well that plays out. Yes it should have been communicated sooner and better for vendors selling items there. Other than that, rather use influence and voices to demand no logo versions and/or unique logo versions and remove that part from the equation and people won't have a legitimate gripe. It's as simple as that. I don't care what you vape so long as it has got you off cigarettes. But that doesn't mean that it is okay to copy logos as well nor for those items to be sold at expos with those copied logos.
This expo is supposed to showcase the world of vaping and all the merchandise that such a title entails. If you were to simply ban all clones from the expo then you'd be leaving out an ENORMOUS sector of the vaping market. Look, I've been to plenty of vaping sites that sell authentics as well as clones, hell some of the most popular sites do it. They even sell clones of the very same authentics they carry and yet I don't see sales for either category suffering. If the mod or atty is a "hot" product then the authentic as well as the clone won't be on those virtual shelves for long. They don't conflict, most looking form clone are not going to buy the authentic and vice versa...

Sahsah

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Their is no way i could have put that better. Thank you

Thanks Joe that is my dilemma Do i buy meds,food ,pay the rent on my small fixed disability check or drop 2-3 hundred on a mod. Thats not even a choice. as it is i'm borrowing from my kids from check to check when i run short. I'l take the clones thank you very much. and on a side note Thanks for all you do. You have made it possible for me to vape at times with the deals
Thank you =] it feels nice to get a little appreciation every now and again and you really didn't have to go out of your way to thank me so thanks, that was really nice of you =]

Z3vapor

Member For 5 Years
You're a fucking idiot. Clones are not the problem. It's crybabies complaining that clones made more sales than the high priced authentics. I'll never buy an authentic, because the idiot manufacturers think it is worth more than it is. Fuck the ECC, AND the ECF.

I pretty much speak my mind, and if anyone doesn't like my opinion, well....I DGAF.

And what better way to make a statement then buy more cloned gear. Just ordered me a Hades for $14 on FT.

JPop

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think thats good they banned clones they are counterfiet products and they are stealing money from hardworking mod makers. Plz dont say price and complaining that they cost too much because in fact mods are a luxury if you cant afford it just save up i hate the fact that people complain that they are too expensive save up or make better career choices. #TeamAuthentic4Life

This is true, to a point. Clone makers should not use other mod makers logos or engravings. Take Kamry for example, they pretty much struck it big with a clone of the "Empire Mod" (And have since moved on to plenty of "authentic" designs that are far different from, "my engraved metal tube, is better than the one with a turtle engraved on it mods"). Did the K100 say Empire anywhere on it? I don't think the Empire did either, but Kamry added their own logo, besides, it's like 5 mm taller and thusly cannot be called a clone, they "borrowed" the design, gracefully, might I add. Now on the subject of other clones and 1:1 replicas. I have to argue that demand for originals is quite high, they are often out of stock everywhere you look, sometimes certain "mod makers" (IE: 2 guys in some garage with a metal lathe somewhere) often drop off of the face of the earth never to be heard from again, thus killing all hope of getting a replacement part for your $500.00 metal tube. Which is now a $500.00 cylindrical paperweight. Not to mention the #Team Authentic4Life, crew will always buy their products, the cloning industry can sometimes be good for authentic business, because, there are some who hold fast on the idea that the original is 200% better because it's just that, original. Now! I say, if you want a true original, that all other originals cloned the design of, I dare you, build THIS. Which isn't exactly an "electronic cigarette", but one has to agree, the similarities are strikingly similar. Not to mention it's actually patented, how many "Authentic Mods" are patented? Very Few if any at all.

Last edited:

Z3vapor

Member For 5 Years
Just bought more cloned stuff. Can't wait to try the Veritas and Plume Veil. At $9 each it's a no brainer. As a matter of fact, it free 99 since I get rebate points on FT for reviewing the hundreds of items, I've ordered...mostly cloned. =)

JPop- I know what you mean...how can I justify $500 for a metal tube..there was someone on ebay selling a pinoy mod/rda for over $1,000. But more power to those that got the money to burn.

JPop

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just bought more cloned stuff. Can't wait to try the Veritas and Plume Veil. At $9 each it's a no brainer. As a matter of fact, it free 99 since I get rebate points on FT for reviewing the hundreds of items, I've ordered...mostly cloned. =)

JPop- I know what you mean...how can I justify $500 for a metal tube..there was someone on ebay selling a pinoy mod/rda for over $1,000. But more power to those that got the money to burn.
Z3vapor, absolutely, I think of it as the Apple vs. PC war. Are Apple products that much better? No. Apple products are pleasing to the eye sure, but are functionally the same. Point being, you're paying twice the price if not more for a status symbol, nothing more. With authentic mods you get bragging rights, bragging rights only those with a very keen eye for detail will be able to see. Sure supporting companies that design the items is a good thing but when most of these things are functionally the same with very minimal differences it's a moot point. For example the Fender guitar company was sick of Japanese clone guitars in the 80s. What did they do? Allowed the production of authorized clones. Thus the Squier brand was born. Look at what it did. Most people firmly believe Squier instruments to be the worst crap ever, even though many are of great quality for their price. Allowing clones is good for business. Clones are treated as shit, and authentics are sought after by true enthusiasts.

Last edited:

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love clones. With clones I can have something nice to vape and not have to worry about trying to convince family and friends that I am not insane, childish, a moron, or dangerously addicted to some ridiculous hobby. I can afford the occasional original. I would love to have originals, but I would feel so ashamed of having bought one that I could never enjoy it. If it was on sale two-for-one, half priced, or a prize that I won, that might be better, but to go out and pay 300 bucks for one, I could never love it for feeling like I was looking like a fool.

So much BS about costs gets shoveled onto us. Titanium Provaris are a hundred bucks more than other Provaris, and, meanwhile, China makes titanium Prometey clones that sell for less than 25 bucks. Where is the disconnect here? Hey, Provape, buy your titanium from China!

When I think of things that I see hurting vaping's image, IMO, 200 dollar atties and 500 dollar mods are right up there with irresponsibly dangerous sub-ohm builders. It will never change, though. If there were snow tiger fur wicks in atties on ivory mods designed for vaping freshly harvested ambergris, they would be sold out, on backorder, and people would be bragging about owning them.

VU Sponsors