Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My entire life I've had to fight against people just to be noticed, it's only been 7 months, yes I counted, to where I'm not in a situation to where I have to fight just to have food on my table. I'm not used to having friends, not because I was such an asshole I drove them away but because I was a homosexual, 'baby killing' (anti-war nuts calling me this for serving), ex junkie, genocidal (again, I'm a serb, my people got a REALLY bad reputation in the 90's) sociopath who would go know where in life. So I fought. I fought for my 4.0GPA, I fought to get a two year degree in half the time, I fought to get certifications in the year I would've been finishing up the other half of my credit hours for the degree. I fought in Afghanistan, I fought back home just to survive and forget that three miles away from my village was a mass grave and that a local air raid siren could go off at any moment to signal a raid that could leave us dead. My childhood memories are of 20 people crammed into a shelter with raid sirens and gunfire in the background. My parents abandoned me in a foreign country (the US) for being gay, I was adopted basically as a live in servant then kicked out at 17 for again, being gay. I enlisted in the USMC just because I was literally homeless. I came back home in a wheelchair, I hated everyone who could walk. Then I finally stood up, and now I have 80% use of my leg again some days through physio and muscle graphs. Some days it hurts just to think about standing. Some days it hurts just to remember things. I'm also diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder. Then I had to fight up until recently to ever hope of marrying the love of my life.

The people who did these things to me. The only way I could stop them, the only way I could bring them down, was to act the way I do. I tried to be nice once, then that part of me died.

Maybe you catch more flies with honey, but I was crafted in fire and molded with razors. It's hard for me to let that go and what I am is a by-product of what the world made me in to. This is not a sob story, the last thing I want is pity, but please do not take me for an arrogant asshole who likes this. This is the way life has taught me to be, and I don't know how to make it stop.

Today is different, I have a fiancee I love very much, who loves me. I inherited a home from an insurance defaulting from my adoptive family who made me a slave so I guess joke is own them. I have a career, I'm an electrical engineer. I have a degree, and I'm still going to school. I'm on four suboxone strips a day for addiction recovery, leg pain and a condition called OIED. I'm also prescribed Xanax.

I'm highly intelligent at the cost of being extremely mean. Because not many in my life have ever showed me genuine kindness. Tell me how to be different when you've walked through lava your entire life, please. I'd love to know how, because I didn't choose to be this way.

I live my life in words. I read, I learn about the wonders of astronomy, physics/astrophysics, the way the universe works and runs even at molecular levels. The way electricity brings things to life. How the atoms in you now won't be the atoms in you a year from now. Information is my life. Knowledge is my best friend, and it's the only thing that's never turned its back on me. This is why I debate, this is why I hold my ground hard on my opinions. Because I believe when you believe something, it's worth fighting for no matter how it makes you look in the process.

Maybe it's wrong. Maybe I'm just fucked in the head. Maybe I'll die alone with nobody else around me.

At least I'll die knowing I was always me.

I would also like to point out MULTIPLE people were egging me on, supporting me when I was bashing Grimm. Yet here I sit alone taking the backlash for it. I'm even being insulted for it, and while I insulted Grimm, I haven't insulted anyone in this thread.

Seriously, Bro. I didn't read all that shit. Copernicus and Galileo made a startling discovery, and I am hoping that this enlightenment finds you as well. The Earth does not rotate around you. If I had two fucks to give, and you asked for one, I would then be left with two. So this may come as a shock, that your existence only means anything to you, and those who love you, which might be a small number indeed.

Clearly, you think you fight for all mankind but he does not care. Not really even close to true, but with your mettle, if I had my way, I'd make you skipper of the Starship Cottonelle, and let you be protector of uranus, diligently orbiting searching for klingons..

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
21-27.gif

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is why I debate, this is why I hold my ground hard on my opinions. Because I believe when you believe something, it's worth fighting for no matter how it makes you look in the process.
I've kept my mouth shut until now and let others say what was on my mind, but I can't let this statement slide.
You DO NOT debate, you insult and demean. And as a result, the people you are hoping to reach with your opinions think you are an asshat, so they dismiss your opinions instead.

I live my life in words.

Then learn how to use those words effectively. Learn how to state your opinion and the reasons for your opinion without resorting to personal attacks. As long as people see you as an arrogant self-righteous jerk, you are accomplishing nothing. And right now that's how a lot of people see you. Don't bother replying, I've read enough of your shit and won't read anything further that you write.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh, good morning everyone! :) Spend the last day of your weekend well and GFY! :)

Thank you for reminding me. Guess tomorrow I start writing draft. See no reason to do character dossiers instead. The characters can reveal themselves in the story. Need to get the story going in order that it completes. Then, I'll revise, market and go looking to start another story. Well, hopefully start another. "I think I can, I think I can ..." :)

pwheeler

My dad is Mr. Wheeler, I am Paul
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning, everyone, and GFY! I was gone most of the day yesterday and will be out most of it today, and it took me late last night and this morning to catch up. My, my it has been quite busy! Well, breakfast time and get ready to hit it again. Have a wonderful Sunday!

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning! Life this past week has been busy and for some reason when I check this forum on my phone I can't find my watched threads. I have an iPhone(no attacks please..I'm an Apple girl) so I use Safari to get here does anyone know how I can find my watched threads from my phone? Thanks!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My entire life I've had to fight against people just to be noticed, it's only been 7 months, yes I counted, to where I'm not in a situation to where I have to fight just to have food on my table. I'm not used to having friends, not because I was such an asshole I drove them away but because I was a homosexual, 'baby killing' (anti-war nuts calling me this for serving), ex junkie, genocidal (again, I'm a serb, my people got a REALLY bad reputation in the 90's) sociopath who would go know where in life. So I fought. I fought for my 4.0GPA, I fought to get a two year degree in half the time, I fought to get certifications in the year I would've been finishing up the other half of my credit hours for the degree. I fought in Afghanistan, I fought back home just to survive and forget that three miles away from my village was a mass grave and that a local air raid siren could go off at any moment to signal a raid that could leave us dead. My childhood memories are of 20 people crammed into a shelter with raid sirens and gunfire in the background. My parents abandoned me in a foreign country (the US) for being gay, I was adopted basically as a live in servant then kicked out at 17 for again, being gay. I enlisted in the USMC just because I was literally homeless. I came back home in a wheelchair, I hated everyone who could walk. Then I finally stood up, and now I have 80% use of my leg again some days through physio and muscle graphs. Some days it hurts just to think about standing. Some days it hurts just to remember things. I'm also diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder. Then I had to fight up until recently to ever hope of marrying the love of my life.

The people who did these things to me. The only way I could stop them, the only way I could bring them down, was to act the way I do. I tried to be nice once, then that part of me died.

Maybe you catch more flies with honey, but I was crafted in fire and molded with razors. It's hard for me to let that go and what I am is a by-product of what the world made me in to. This is not a sob story, the last thing I want is pity, but please do not take me for an arrogant asshole who likes this. This is the way life has taught me to be, and I don't know how to make it stop.

Today is different, I have a fiancee I love very much, who loves me. I inherited a home from an insurance defaulting from my adoptive family who made me a slave so I guess joke is own them. I have a career, I'm an electrical engineer. I have a degree, and I'm still going to school. I'm on four suboxone strips a day for addiction recovery, leg pain and a condition called OIED. I'm also prescribed Xanax.

I'm highly intelligent at the cost of being extremely mean. Because not many in my life have ever showed me genuine kindness. Tell me how to be different when you've walked through lava your entire life, please. I'd love to know how, because I didn't choose to be this way.

I live my life in words. I read, I learn about the wonders of astronomy, physics/astrophysics, the way the universe works and runs even at molecular levels. The way electricity brings things to life. How the atoms in you now won't be the atoms in you a year from now. Information is my life. Knowledge is my best friend, and it's the only thing that's never turned its back on me. This is why I debate, this is why I hold my ground hard on my opinions. Because I believe when you believe something, it's worth fighting for no matter how it makes you look in the process.

Maybe it's wrong. Maybe I'm just fucked in the head. Maybe I'll die alone with nobody else around me.

At least I'll die knowing I was always me.

I would also like to point out MULTIPLE people were egging me on, supporting me when I was bashing Grimm. Yet here I sit alone taking the backlash for it. I'm even being insulted for it, and while I insulted Grimm, I haven't insulted anyone in this thread.

Ya know, I get it, your life was pure hell. You lived thru shit that no one should ever have to live thru. I get it. But that does not excuse a total lack of social skills and manners. After everything you been thru good fortune smiled on you and you turned shit into a good life. By your own admittance you are successful. You succeeded in education, in a good profession and in love. And now your using the horrors of your youth as a crutch to excuse an utter lack in manners.

Here is what you dont get. Your actions did more damage than good. Many of us replied to Grimm that we didnt agree with his assessment of the Boreas. That started out to be a real spanking, yet we were not insulting nor disrespectful about it. We simply put down that we didnt agree and why we love it. Grimm might have taken another look at the Boreas or at least admit that even though he wasnt that impressed with it, many loved it. Because of your actions the possibilities of that ever happening are now nil. Also because of your actions VU gets a black eye from it. The term of more flies with honey is very true here. Also one bad apple fits too. People will read the comments after his reviews and yours will stand out more than any and will turn people off to the Boreas.

The horrors of your life are in the past and you have no excuse to not develop some social skills. That is not saying that you cant say what you want, that you can not be you but recognizing there is a time and a place for going for the jugular versus polite disagreement. Your actions are inexcusable. Grimm has done a lot for the vaping community and is an advocate for vaping. That alone earns him the right to some respect. Just because he didnt love the Boreas like we do did not give you the right to be as nasty and insulting as you can be.

In closing let me say for your service to my country I thank you, and for you becoming a wounded vet my heart goes out to you. That in my opinion earns you some respect in my book.

Just my 2 cents worth.................

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
sorry got sidetracked
aside from 3 or 4 eccentric cats that came over with ya'll are there any other coming?

It might depend on what fresh hell the ECF admin decides to embark upon. There are a couple I've invited, but who aren't inclined to do 2 forums, but if it gets still MORE oppressive over there, they might. They're already members here, they just don't "hang out."

Andria

pwheeler

My dad is Mr. Wheeler, I am Paul
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning and GFY!

Still not sleeping :( But, it's going to be a beautiful spring day in Ohio. Sunny, 70 (eventually),no wind.
I hope you can eventually get something done about that, Roxy. So many years of a sleep disorder can take it's toll. I went through a spell for a few years of getting only 2-4 hours a day of sleep. I don't know what happened, but that went away, thankfully, and now I have a switch in my body that turns the lights out whether I want to stay up or not.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It might depend on what fresh hell the ECF admin decides to embark upon. There are a couple I've invited, but who aren't inclined to do 2 forums, but if it gets still MORE oppressive over there, they might. They're already members here, they just don't "hang out."

Andria

From the feeling I am getting over on ECF it seems the moderators are on pins and needles. They dont want this to escalate anymore and have been scarce. It wont last and before long they will get right back into their god complexes.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Why? It is simply one of those kind of days in my looking at it.

* slides his melatonin bottle toward Roxy * These work nicely when combat breathing, gratitude meditation, pain meds seem to all laugh at me. I dissolve one under my tongue and ... zzz. To me it beats using tramadol to achieve mostly the same thing, me passed out and not in pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors