ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Or get 1 of those Shark Vacuums.

http://www.sharkclean.com/

Nah - Shark vacuums are crap.

I had to get the HEPA filter and a shop vac to clean up after a disaster of an effing drywall job in my apartment. (Too long a story and I don't want to revisit the experience...) Anyway the HEPA shop vac filter is washable - and it sure as hell got washed a lot. The "tighter" filter material will cut down on the suction a bit, but that's what you need to get smaller particulate trapped and staying inside the vacuum.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey Doc - any rehab updates?

I go to rehab today. See if I get dizzy and light headed again after only 2 minutes of exertion.

I had to get the HEPA filter and a shop vac to clean up after a disaster of an effing drywall job in my apartment. (Too long a story and I don't want to revisit the experience...) Anyway the HEPA shop vac filter is washable - and it sure as hell got washed a lot. The "tighter" filter material will cut down on the suction a bit, but that's what you need to get smaller particulate trapped and staying inside the vacuum.

The rainbow vacuum where water is the filter.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
And a big time PITA!

True. They are a bit of a maintenance nightmare with the water filtration tank and all that. But for some people with extreme dust allergy I suppose a necessary evil.

Bit of a rabbit hole going on here. Only suggested the HEPA filter for the shop vac because - it's there already. (And sooner or later it's gonna need a replacement filter anyway.)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mine would be a lot easier. Screw the sugar, screw the creamer. I like it black and bitter :teehee:

Oh, I occasionally do drink it black. Might not be the bitter stuff but black it is at times. Father in law keeps encouraging me to keep drinking it black.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:cuss2:Weather, so uncooperative. Not complaining exactly. Did have outdoor stuff planned. Bit frustrating having to put it off. Oh well, suppose I'll find indoor stuff to do.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Police: Kentucky woman took off clothes, ran with track team

CORBIN, Ky. (AP) Police say a Kentucky woman has been charged with indecent exposure after allegedly taking off her clothes and running with a boy's high school track team at their practice.

Media outlets report 26-year-old Julie Leger of London also was charged Friday with disorderly conduct, public intoxication and resisting arrest.

Corbin police spokesman Capt. Coy Wilson says Leger scaled a fence and started running with the Corbin High track team. Wilson says when officers arrived, Leger had returned back over the fence and into a parking lot and resisted them when they tried to put her into a police cruiser.

Wilson says police asked the public to help identify her because Leger had no identification and ``didn't know who she was.''

She was taken to a hospital for treatment. It wasn't immediately known whether Leger has an attorney.
Could have been my SIL but Was Not.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Bit of a rabbit hole going on here. Only suggested the HEPA filter for the shop vac because - it's there already. (And sooner or later it's gonna need a replacement filter anyway.)

You obviously weren't around for the Great Water Heater Diversion. Started over at butthole central in the tootle puffer thread, 2015... then, we didn't get a water heater in 2015 because the tires we needed desperately were fucking $700 and I also desperately needed a new PC to replace my obsolete WinXP Pro box, so the Water Heater Diversion got going again over here, in the Fugee thread (the original). But here, we don't have some smart-assed mod to tell us to stay on-topic. :D And we finally did get a really nice Rheem water heater, and my super-handy spouse got it installed. :) Then I got a smartphone and hell really broke loose. :D :D :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And BTW happy Tuesday-not-Monday, and GFYs merrily and thank you for all the well-wishes errybody. I barely slept last night, but I seem to recall that's pretty much par for the course when your CNS goes into hyperdrive with a severe asthma attack. The good news is, I'm still breathing, and didn't require a hospital to keep me doing that. :)

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I love my Shark...But whatever works for you.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's. For once I slept like the dead!

And a big time PITA!
True. They are a bit of a maintenance nightmare with the water filtration tank and all that. But for some people with extreme dust allergy I suppose a necessary evil.

I dont get PITA from the Rainbow at all. The one I have I bought sometime before 2001 and never had a problem with it. Still have it and still use it. Very steep price on it, think I paid $2K for it around 20 years ago and it is still going strong.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, good news. :) Today's paycheck was the one I was really worried about, since it's for such a short pay period, only 9 days instead of 10 or 11 or even 12 -- but the last one was so good and we were so economical, we have $111 left in the bank to go with today's pay... which puts us well over the amount I had budgeted as necessary. :)

I love it when a plan comes together!

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh, I occasionally do drink it black. Might not be the bitter stuff but black it is at times. Father in law keeps encouraging me to keep drinking it black.

The years I spent working on the oil platforms in the gulf of mexico got me use to and liking good strong back coffee. I never could stand powdered creamer or sugar in my coffee. Back then almost 30 years ago you had your choice of coffee on the platforms. Strong or damn strong. Today I still drink it that way.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, good news. :) Today's paycheck was the one I was really worried about, since it's for such a short pay period, only 9 days instead of 10 or 11 or even 12 -- but the last one was so good and we were so economical, we have $111 left in the bank to go with today's pay... which puts us well over the amount I had budgeted as necessary. :)

I love it when a plan comes together!

Andria

Whatcha gonna do with the surplus. Vape stuff or coins for the hubby's coin collection. There is always the third option, Fugee party at Andria's house :banana:

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You obviously weren't around for the Great Water Heater Diversion. Started over at butthole central in the tootle puffer thread, 2015... then, we didn't get a water heater in 2015 because the tires we needed desperately were fucking $700 and I also desperately needed a new PC to replace my obsolete WinXP Pro box, so the Water Heater Diversion got going again over here, in the Fugee thread (the original). But here, we don't have some smart-assed mod to tell us to stay on-topic. :D And we finally did get a really nice Rheem water heater, and my super-handy spouse got it installed. :) Then I got a smartphone and hell really broke loose. :D :D :D

Andria
Did you get the pink one? :giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Whatcha gonna do with the surplus. Vape stuff or coins for the hubby's coin collection. There is always the third option, Fugee party at Andria's house :banana:

Hmm, not sure. Maybe some b-day gifts for our son, and/or some of the remaining items for his room redecoration. Turns out, he's developed a passion for NEEDLEPOINT of all things, but supplies for that hobby seem to be a bit pricey. I asked him why needlepoint of all things, he says it's more calming than online games, it's almost like meditation. *shrug* I've never found any needle-work calming, EVER, but whatever, I guess -- I used to find the "code, upload, refresh, view, repeat" crap calming. :D

No parties at our house; it would be a snooze-fest, we're so boring these days. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Did you get the pink one? :giggle:

Heh, no; all Rheem WH's are gray. :D We did consider a Whirlpool just briefly, no idea what color that one was, but it had shitty reviews online; the Rheem had solid, satisfied reviews, and was only $20 more. It's really a champ, just ALL KINDS of hot water! :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Installed an electric on demand for my folks......quite the upgrade

I had really wanted to switch over to an electric WH rather than a new gas one, but the folks here explained to me that it would end up costing us more than merely having to hire an electrician to run a new 220 line to our breaker box -- which would be bad enough!!!

I think getting a new gas WH was definitely the better choice; no need to run that 220 line, and our gas bills this winter have been a lot lower than last winter -- which probably has more to do with the mild weather, but I'm sure the new WH helps, too. And I think our water bills are also a smidge lower since we got it; it supplies hot water a bit faster, so the water doesn't have to run as long to heat up.

Andria

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had really wanted to switch over to an electric WH rather than a new gas one, but the folks here explained to me that it would end up costing us more than merely having to hire an electrician to run a new 220 line to our breaker box -- which would be bad enough!!!

I think getting a new gas WH was definitely the better choice; no need to run that 220 line, and our gas bills this winter have been a lot lower than last winter -- which probably has more to do with the mild weather, but I'm sure the new WH helps, too. And I think our water bills are also a smidge lower since we got it; it supplies hot water a bit faster, so the water doesn't have to run as long to heat up.

Andria
We are pretty remote...no gas service, so it's propane or electric....propane is super expensive out here, so electric on demand was the logical choice, no energy being used until you need it. Plus, the electric on demands don't require the expensive heat resistant venting that the gas/propane ones do. I have an advantage in that I can do the work :p

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Morning fugee's. For once I slept like the dead!

I dont get PITA from the Rainbow at all. The one I have I bought sometime before 2001 and never had a problem with it. Still have it and still use it. Very steep price on it, think I paid $2K for it around 20 years ago and it is still going strong.

I inherited one years ago - the actual vacuuming part was great - as far as vacuuming goes, lol. The maintenance, not so much.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I love my Shark...But whatever works for you.

They have a reputation in product reviews as being rather fragile. (To put it mildly.)

You have emptied the water tank - at least once? Right? :giggle:

Are we OT enough yet? :kickbutt: (<~<~<~ Ya know, that one on the left kinda looks like CW. :giggle: )

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening fugee's..well its 12:30 am so guess its morning and time to renew yall's GFY's :D

Cant believe it. I waited all day to see Trump address congress tonight. At 7;50 pm I sat down on my couch, reclined myself and fell right asleep for an hour and a half. Guess I was tired. Went to rehab today and did a lot better. Not what I would consider good but got farther than the last two times before getting dizzy and light headed. Then I had to do some running around getting meds and groceries and stuff. Got Rascal a couple new dolls for him to play with for when he comes back this weekend :)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening fugee's..well its 12:30 am so guess its morning and time to renew yall's GFY's :D

Cant believe it. I waited all day to see Trump address congress tonight. At 7;50 pm I sat down on my couch, reclined myself and fell right asleep for an hour and a half. Guess I was tired. Went to rehab today and did a lot better. Not what I would consider good but got farther than the last two times before getting dizzy and light headed. Then I had to do some running around getting meds and groceries and stuff. Got Rascal a couple new dolls for him to play with for when he comes back this weekend :)
Sounds like you had a great day, doc......:D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mornin' fuggers. Nice to hear you're doing a little better on the rehab, choppie. I had wondered if maybe it was so hard when you first started because you've been out of work for a while now, not doing too much except arguing with the ex (and the docs!) and playing with the pup. :D

I think I finally resolved my sleep deficit. The nap yesterday afternoon helped a little, but I still felt tired as hell; sleepless nights sure aren't as easy as they were when I was in my 20s (and not nearly as fun, given the lack of recreational chemicals!). :giggle: So I got to bed about 1am last night, and slept straight thru till sometime after 9. It was GREAT! :)

Andria

VU Sponsors