ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I said I was all done buying, but...
I want one.
:p They are stunning Kad, I was lucky, I got to pick mine, all this random color is just BS because it comes in a see through box so they can easily take pictures and add like letters next to the choice. Some of them are really crappy looking........same goes for the Revenant.. I have seen one even better than this one that had black in it, that looked bad ass but it was sold.

I think Rixy did.;)
Hey come on now, I may have had an OP but I can still hold my water bro lol

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This juice is sick, ....Milky cones vapory, Strawberry shortcake Ice cream...but at 26 bucks for 15ml it wants to be lol....Hurray for Zamplebox, no way I'd pay that, it's bloody good juice though.

Y'all know I vape 100w plus and big tanks, OBS, Modfather, Boreas, Troll, ect ect but really, I have to say it again, the flavor from this Melo V3 mini at 50w is really good, I'm shocked, think I might buy some more coils and take this with me on Holiday.

Well, you did say PMSL in response to one of those posts, so...:p

Got nothing to come back at ya on that one, Kad your on form today bro lol

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This juice is sick, ....Milky cones vapory, Strawberry shortcake Ice cream...but at 26 bucks for 15ml it wants to be lol....Hurray for Zamplebox, no way I'd pay that, it's bloody good juice though.

Y'all know I vape 100w plus and big tanks, OBS, Modfather, Boreas, Troll, ect ect but really, I have to say it again, the flavor from this Melo V3 mini at 50w is really good, I'm shocked, think I might buy some more coils and take this with me on Holiday.
Yeah, it really isn't a bad tank at all.
Speaking of which, I just found out there is now a new Merlin RDTA.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, it really isn't a bad tank at all.
Speaking of which, I just found out there is now a new Merlin RDTA.
Seems that's the new trend for a few months, like the Serpent Mini went the same route, the only downside to those is, tilting the dam thing to wick, it annoys me after a while.
Melo has shocked me, I prefer it over the super tank coils......maybe it's just this juice though ha

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Seems that's the new trend for a few months, like the Serpent Mini went the same route, the only downside to those is, tilting the dam thing to wick, it annoys me after a while.
Melo has shocked me, I prefer it over the super tank coils......maybe it's just this juice though ha
I still prefer the super tank mini, but the Melo 3 is pretty close.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Well, which is it, sick or bloody good? Why would you wanna vape something that would make you sick?

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:giggle:
Context has my money on the "bloody good" side of things. I have been wrong before though....I know...hard to believe huh?! :shades:

I'm still confused. If it's bloody good, why say it's sick? That makes no sense at all. Sick is a bad thing, not "bloody good" at all.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
or bloody!!!

I *think* the brit adjective "bloody" springs originally from the curse "god's blood!", though I'm not entirely sure why that is considered profanity over there. It makes about as much sense as calling a girl's private parts her "fanny," which is obviously her butt (because men have fannies too!). :D

One of my favorite bits of history trivia is how the french called the brits the "goddams" because they were always saying that. :giggle: And also, how it's rude in the EXTREME for a brit to hold up a "peace sign" to a frenchman, because it hearkens back to Crecy and then Agincourt, in which the brit longbowmen were the deciding factor in the brit victory both times, and the french had been heard, before Agincourt, to swear they would cut off the brit soldiers' fingers so they couldn't operate those longbows. So naturally after Agincourt, the brits held up that "peace sign" as their own way of saying "neener neener" to the french. :giggle:

Andria

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing like playing the victim I guess. Someone around here has serious issues.
Good luck with that one..

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
:p They are stunning Kad, I was lucky, I got to pick mine, all this random color is just BS because it comes in a see through box so they can easily take pictures and add like letters next to the choice. Some of them are really crappy looking........same goes for the Revenant.. I have seen one even better than this one that had black in it, that looked bad ass but it was sold.

Hey come on now, I may have had an OP but I can still hold my water bro lol

Try out the Pico Mega. 26650 battery last a loooooong time.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Somebody puts their cranky pants on backward this morning?

I just hate stupid, idiotic slang. If it actually means something close to the actual meaning of the word, then it's ok, but calling something good "sick" is JUST PLAIN STUPID.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I just hate stupid, idiotic slang. If it actually means something close to the actual meaning of the word, then it's ok, but calling something good "sick" is JUST PLAIN STUPID.

Andria

I remember going through that argument with old people when I was young and "bad" became slang for good

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I remember going through that argument with old people when I was young and "bad" became slang for good

I kinda look at that one as shorthand for "badass" by those who don't want to use "vulgar" language. :D But "groovy"... WTF??? WTF does that even MEAN???

Cool.... well that's been around for a while, it's pretty well accepted most everywhere. "Keen" was big in the 50s, maybe the 40s, dunno for sure, but it's actually not too far from its literal meaning of "sharp". "Nifty" is another from decades past, which I kinda like. Not sure it actually MEANS anything, it's just a word that started being used for "cool" or "keen". "Neat" was a biggie back in the 70s, and it's another which isn't actually all that far from its literal meaning.

I just really really hate the ones that are completely opposite their actual meaning -- i.e, just stupid.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I kinda look at that one as shorthand for "badass" by those who don't want to use "vulgar" language. :D But "groovy"... WTF??? WTF does that even MEAN???

Cool.... well that's been around for a while, it's pretty well accepted most everywhere. "Keen" was big in the 50s, maybe the 40s, dunno for sure, but it's actually not too far from its literal meaning of "sharp". "Nifty" is another from decades past, which I kinda like. Not sure it actually MEANS anything, it's just a word that started being used for "cool" or "keen". "Neat" was a biggie back in the 70s, and it's another which isn't actually all that far from its literal meaning.

I just really really hate the ones that are completely opposite their actual meaning -- i.e, just stupid.

Andria

Far out, man

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
As best as I can tell "groovy" is a reference to the grooves in a record which produce pleasant sounds. What you said is groovy:shades:

The one I dont understand is "square" I suppose it depicts someone who is rigid and I love wordplay but I feel like thats stretching things quite a bit, besides, other shapes are rigid, triangle, rectangle, pentagon, well all the "gons" you get my point.

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Bb2lWZ2.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think calling someone a square comes from the old adage "square peg in a round hole" which has been around since the 1800s

But square pegs are those who are different, whereas a "square" are those who are rigidly old-fashioned, "uncool."

I suspect it's some lingo from the beatnik era, which was fairly short and not terribly wide-spread; some lingo may have survived, without the meaning of it being readily apparent.

Andria

VU Sponsors