Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last crap in the world I would buy or advise anyone to acquire :facepalm:
Unfortunately for several reasons many are starting out with that.
And yes it is crap.
Wanko puts that to shame.
Well maybe that was pushing it a bit.....
A wanko on a decent mod? How about that?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'd be more than inclined to try the Wanko if I was into airy vapes, which I am not :)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You know what's really, really fun? I walk into the vape shop with one of my 75w or 60w mods, which is clearly wearing an RDA... and proceed to vape my customary small wisps of vapor. They get that sort of "doggie head tilt" thing going on; it's fun as hell to watch them try to figure out what's "wrong" with my vape. :giggle:

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And after his spamming of the new posts list this evening, I finally had to ignore that gooberhead Wellon. What a PITA.

Andria
I think they only sell one mod, how much could he/she have to talk about?....:crazy:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think they only sell one mod, how much could he/she have to talk about?....:crazy:

Ridiculous ideas about vaping, and 4-5 yr old hardware, for the most part. Which is kinda like 4-5 geologic epochs, when dealing with vaping. :giggle: He was posting info and pics of fucking top-coil clearos, which were out of date when *I* started, in early 2014. :giggle:

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's!

Ever consider that squonking might not be for you Andria? I see how frustrated you said you was. I have a few squonk setups and I use them occasionally but to be honest, they are not for me either. Too much of a pain in the ass for my vape style plus I feel I get a far better vape from my tank setups. Still I will sqounk here and there just because I can :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Morning fugee's!

Ever consider that squonking might not be for you Andria? I see how frustrated you said you was. I have a few squonk setups and I use them occasionally but to be honest, they are not for me either. Too much of a pain in the ass for my vape style plus I feel I get a far better vape from my tank setups. Still I will sqounk here and there just because I can :)

At this point, I'm considering maybe modifying my Magmas still further (beyond those blunt needles added to the airholes), because adding those needles, while it improved the draw a GREAT deal, didn't do much for the leaking problems -- it *helped* but didn't eliminate the leaking. I was thinking that if I could squonk into them, rather than having the well slap full, that might help even more, and might also remove *some* of the problems with having to keep that atomizer fully vertical at all times, if the well isn't full of ejuice.

The Magma's design is really kind of brilliant for squonking; it's got a well, which can be squonked into, yet the deck is suspended above that, so it still benefits from bottom airflow, just beneath the coil, which is always my preference. Something that Cromwell said last night, about how side airflow is never going to suit me, put me onto this train of thought.

I was also considering that some of those teeny tiny o-rings that fit on Kayfun fill screws, added to those blunt needles, to ride right against the deck, might help the leaking problems still further. I've got a whole bagful of those lil buggers, which I ordered from McMaster-Carr back when I was doing all-kayfun-all-the-time.

So I'm basically re-designing the Magma, as I go -- I added a very thin 22mm o-ring under the AFC ring, to keep it in position when I remove the cap; added those blunt needles to the airholes in an attempt to eliminate leaking -- which only reduced it, not eliminated it, BUT, it did give it a much tighter draw, which is all to the good; adding those tiny o-rings to those needles might go further to eliminating the leaking. Now, with the mods I want to make to it for squonking... I might actually end up with a great atomizer! :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have I made it? I think I got my 10

10 what?

A question for y'all squonkers -- I explained to my son about the magma mods, to make it into a squonker -- he seems to think that the delrin insulator is there to prevent shorts, and if I drill a hole thru it, then when any liquid goes thru it, somehow it will short out -- is he right? i had thought the delrin block was there merely to keep the space between the 2 posts. He knows a lot more about electronics than I do though, so I thought I should ask, see what others thought about it.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ummm well, I thought I had read that I had to do 10 howdys in the new member area before moving on. I was Foggy Road "over there". Just finally decided to escape Retarded 1s private zoo.

View attachment 92662

Howdy here :wave:

You can post where-ever you want on VU regardless of your post count

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ummm well, I thought I had read that I had to do 10 howdys in the new member area before moving on. I was Foggy Road "over there". Just finally decided to escape Retarded 1s private zoo.

View attachment 92662
Howdy here :wave:

You can post where-ever you want on VU regardless of your post count

Yep, what she said. :D No super-stupid rules here, just one mildly stupid, but tolerable.

Have they really made that post-count thing 10 posts now? Stupid fuckers. It was 5, when I was there. I didn't mind it, since I had no earthly idea what any of the jargon meant, and the new members forum seemed like a good place to ask my doofus-newbie questions. :D

Andria

FoggyRoad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yep, what she said. :D No super-stupid rules here, just one mildly stupid, but tolerable.

Have they really made that post-count thing 10 posts now? Stupid fuckers. It was 5, when I was there. I didn't mind it, since I had no earthly idea what any of the jargon meant, and the new members forum seemed like a good place to ask my doofus-newbie questions. :D

Andria
Actually ECF did away with the 5 post rule. when I signed up here I went straight to new members and swear I saw something about saying hi to 10 people before moving on into the forum. Maybe it was a joke someone posted. Just did it then came here. Now I need to find where to get my refugee badge.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah they did away with that stupid ass rule but gave the Stool Sample Returd the freedom to make his own up as he goes along! His favorite is when a member proves him wrong he closes the thread after saying it is up to his discretion to enforce things like copyright.

Last edited:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
10 what?

A question for y'all squonkers -- I explained to my son about the magma mods, to make it into a squonker -- he seems to think that the delrin insulator is there to prevent shorts, and if I drill a hole thru it, then when any liquid goes thru it, somehow it will short out -- is he right? i had thought the delrin block was there merely to keep the space between the 2 posts. He knows a lot more about electronics than I do though, so I thought I should ask, see what others thought about it.

Andria

Your kid is right.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Your kid is right.

Well, FUCK. I've now gotten opinions from experienced vapers that are exact opposites, so I have no fucking idea what to do. Someone in the squonk thread told me that delrin was only there to hold the posts straight, and insulate the posts from the bottom of the atty. The hole I want to drill will NOT touch the posts, it will merely allow ejuice to escape the squonk pin into the atty chamber. Someone else posted an actual pic of someone else's mod of their Magma to do this very thing.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, FUCK. I've now gotten opinions from experienced vapers that are exact opposites, so I have no fucking idea what to do. Someone in the squonk thread told me that delrin was only there to hold the posts straight, and insulate the posts from the bottom of the atty. The hole I want to drill will NOT touch the posts, it will merely allow ejuice to escape the squonk pin into the atty chamber. Someone else posted an actual pic of someone else's mod of their Magma to do this very thing.

Andria

As long as the integrity of the insulator remains around the perimeter a hole down the center will not cause a short

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As long as the integrity of the insulator remains around the perimeter a hole down the center will not cause a short

THANK YOU! I'm going to order one of those Strike 18's, but a) side air, so it may not suit (I don't mind spending <$7 to find out), and b) it's FT, so god only know when it will actually get here.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria

The center pin can not touch the sides where it pushes thru or it will short. Thats why most squonks have the center pin drilled out. You can try to drill holes thru it but if you take away too much where the pin can make contact, then that atty is ready for the parts bin.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The center pin can not touch the sides where it pushes thru or it will short. Thats why most squonks have the center pin drilled out. You can try to drill holes thru it but if you take away too much where the pin can make contact, then that atty is ready for the parts bin.

We are only taking about swapping out the stock pin with a like pin with a hole down the center and drilling a tiny hole like is in the squonk pin it will not cause a short

The Magma gets modded for BF a lot, especially back in the day when there were so few BF atties out there and what was available costed an arm and leg

VU Sponsors