Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We are supposed to get ice this weekend. :confused:

Forecast for my area, but at least no ice

WroomNnJQMaos4u44EdVrg.png

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Work change tonight. From June of 2017 until now I've been working in a cell(GKN talk for a line). It's a known fact that I'll never be as fast as the young kids in the cells so I made a decision last night to go back to line feeding. I'll be feeding the same 2 lines that I was feeding before I went inside. It's a bit easier on my hands than being inside the cell so part of me is looking forward to the change. The other part is wondering if I made a mistake. We'll see. My intuition is telling me it's a change for the better. :)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Work change tonight. From June of 2017 until now I've been working in a cell(GKN talk for a line). It's a known fact that I'll never be as fast as the young kids in the cells so I made a decision last night to go back to line feeding. I'll be feeding the same 2 lines that I was feeding before I went inside. It's a bit easier on my hands than being inside the cell so part of me is looking forward to the change. The other part is wondering if I made a mistake. We'll see. My intuition is telling me it's a change for the better. :)
Let's hope it's for the better. :) I started crocheting again and ordered me some arthritis gloves. They came in today so I'm going to give them a try tonight.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

As long as the pay is the same, might as well do the easier job :D

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Pay is the same. So are the hours. My only hold back on going back to feeding 2 lines as opposed to being in just one cell is if one cell is working 5 days but the other is working 7’s I’ll have to work 7 days instead of being off. :confused:

Not sure that is worth it Lynn. Last time you did that work ended up being your life. Not a good thng :(

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I remember you was pretty miserable back then. :(
Yes I was. However, I had a great night tonight. It was as if a heavy burden had been lifted off my back and shoulders to be able to do a job that I'm good at and not have to struggle at something I hate doing. One that I could work solid for an hour then take it easy for the next hour and a half. My hands or shoulders don't hurt at all compared to the way they ached last night when I got off work. And even if I wasn't doing this particular job and be back in the cell itself, I'd still be working 7 days this week because the cell is.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mornin' fugees :) I have a bit of running around this morning so I'm trying to suck down as much coffee as I can. Plus I need to get this stuff done before the deluge hits later tonight. It will be 5 days before we see the sun again after today.

Does anyone here collect stones or rocks? I found an interesting looking one in the yard the other day and would love to know what it is.

I'm off to the races...Today is National Pizza Day so everyone needs to try and eat at least a slice today! Don't forget to GFY while you're eating your pizza! :D

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Forecast for my area, but at least no ice

WroomNnJQMaos4u44EdVrg.png

Doesn't look too different from ours for the next 5 days; you might be about 12-24 hrs ahead of us, and a smidge warmer since you're a good bit further south:

5dayforecast.jpg
I'll take it! We need the rain, 2017 never did catch us up after the terrible drought of 2016. And it's not cold, which is always good, especially when you're a sickie like me ATM.

Still recuperating; but had a really good night's sleep and woke up feeling actually human -- night before last I hardly slept thx to to the Zpak antibiotics, whih sucks bad when you're sick and actually need and want to sleep. My chest is a bit better; still get a little winded if I go from my bedroom to the kitchen, but not outright gasping as I was doing. Managed to eat a bit more yesterday, actually ate half a lean cuisine fettucine alfredo last night. I'm gonna try some frosted mini wheats in a few mins; not a whole bowl, but maybe I can manage a half bowl. Still coughing up a lot of crud, but it's not as violent or lengthy as it was; still not really vaping, except a few tiny mouth-only hits. Occasionally a tiny bit hits a bit too far back in my throat, but it doesn't cause the full-on tubercular coughing fit it did a few days ago; just a bit of a tickle, that I can almost ignore. By the end of this weekend, who knows, maybe I'll be able to vape almost normally... though I might need to keep it around 9w instead of my norm which is closer to 10w. And I really don't wanna hear any stupid shit about my tootle puffing, because after a solid week or not vaping at all, tootle puffin at goddamn EIGHT WATTS would be an improvement!

And yeah, that high-140s weight is now in the mid-130s, pretty much where I want it to be, so although I'm trying to eat more than "zero" to get my health and energy back, I'm not going to go hogwild as I did after my post-appendectomy weight loss.

Y'all catch any of the figure skating last night? I love that shit! They're doing arguably one of the hardest things EVER, and make it look as easy as walking down the street. Just amazing. And the US is not doing badly either, which is always nice.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Weird shit - been having intermittent episodes of vertigo since late Wednesday night :crazy:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its the season where I get dizzy and nauseated and can't stand or sit up :confused:
Yeah I did not like that season either.
Wife unit and I are both sick today.
Got poisoned at a restaurant yesterday.

Not serious but cramping, etc
doing better now.

have you been doing any fasting?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I did not like that season either.
Wife unit and I are both sick today.
Got poisoned at a restaurant yesterday.

Not serious but cramping, etc
doing better now.

have you been doing any fasting?

Nope - no fasting

Bummer about restaurant food poisoning - I suspect the cause of this imbalance is from hidden MSG from an ill-advised meal at the local Chinese restaurant that is actually run by Koreans

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah bummer about the restaurant, it was one of our favs. Now we just looked at each other and gave the I don't know about going there again look...
And the ironic thing is it had to be the salad bar because it was the only common item for both of us....
And what we liked best about the place....

Run by Koreans?
No Bulgogi or Kimshi?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nope - no fasting

Bummer about restaurant food poisoning - I suspect the cause of this imbalance is from hidden MSG from an ill-advised meal at the local Chinese restaurant that is actually run by Koreans

I didn't know MSG could cause that. I thought it just made you mysteriously hungry again even after eating a big meal. But see, this is the downside of being very particular about every single thing you eat -- you can no longer eat anything in restaurants at all. I have the problem a little since I have to eat low-fat, very-low-cholesterol, and no sulfites. But fortunately I can still enjoy a chicken chalupa from Taco Hell, or a Subway sandwich on whole wheat, or even the Fish n Fries meal at Capn D's -- the chalupa and the fried fish/hushpuppies are pushing it, fat-wise, but so far I can *usually* get away with it.

And it all sounds really good after over a week of virtual starvation, but I know after about 3 bites, I'd be too full to carry on eating. :mad: I keep having fantasies about a turkey and swiss sandwich, and bacon... but I don't think my stomach is ready for either, just yet.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I didn't know MSG could cause that. I thought it just made you mysteriously hungry again even after eating a big meal.

People who are sensitive to it have all kinds of weird symptoms.

For my brother it triggers severe vertigo - one time it lasted almost four days straight

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me no can do msg. Ingesting even a minute amount will bring on a migraine in a skinny minute.

Lucy and Bob, I hope you both get better SOON!!
Andria, I’m glad you’re better!

Bye y’all!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And the USPS knows my address.
Only one like it on the planet.

I opened my mailbox and was like.
That looks like a can of something....

Walked back in the house with the mail and the wife unit asked me what that was and I said a can of Chicken noodle soup.
Got a look right there :O

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to make double sure to ask/tell no msg when I order any kind of Asian food. MSG is the only "thing" that will bring on a migraine for me.

Good morning. I had planned to sleep until I woke up this morning. I was so tired and sleepy when I got home from work that I just put my pj's on and went to bed. Of course this morning the dog had other ideas. o_O

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is a Korean Plot to overthrow Alaska.
MSG, Aspartame and such things make the population more compliant....

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me no can do msg. Ingesting even a minute amount will bring on a migraine in a skinny minute.

Lucy and Bob, I hope you both get better SOON!!
Andria, I’m glad you’re better!

Bye y’all!
Oh headaches from eating something...
I do not have migranes but do get sharp headaches from eating fish....
I like fish but it makes my head hurt, so back to the Little Debbies ;)

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah bummer about the restaurant, it was one of our favs. Now we just looked at each other and gave the I don't know about going there again look...
And the ironic thing is it had to be the salad bar because it was the only common item for both of us....
And what we liked best about the place....

Run by Koreans?
No Bulgogi or Kimshi?
Years ago I was working 3rd shift at the same textile mill that my mom and dad worked at. I went to a well known and loved pizza place around 9pm and got a salad bar box to go. I don't do potato salad or stuff like that so it was all veggies, ham, cheese, eggs and ranch dressing. Around 1:30am I felt sick. Made it to the bathroom just in time. From that point on, I made repeated trips to the bathroom but when I got in there I had to decide if I wanted to lean over the commode or sit on it. Finally grabbed a trash can to put in front of me whilst I sat down. I made it to 4am before my supervisor made me go home. I don't remember driving home at all. I slept all day plus all night the next night. I called the dr who said that sounded like food poisoning. Nothing I ate tasted off or spoiled. I never ate a salad at that place again.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh headaches from eating something...
I do not have migranes but do get sharp headaches from eating fish....
I like fish but it makes my head hurt, so back to the Little Debbies ;)
When I started having migraines out of the blue when I was a teenager I had to keep a food journal. We noticed that every time I ate Asian takeout I developed a migraine so we figured it was from msg. I still get them now from bright light flashes.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I started having migraines out of the blue when I was a teenager I had to keep a food journal. We noticed that every time I ate Asian takeout I developed a migraine so we figured it was from msg. I still get them now from bright light flashes.
Not enuf in my pore ol haid to hurt much.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning peeps :wave: It's warm, cloudy and rainy here this morning. Love it!! I have to make a grocery store run in a few minutes so I hope the heavier showers hold off until I get back. Work later. I hope you all have a great day and don't forget your Sunday GFY! :D

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's. It is warm, cloudy and rainy here and it suxs. Had to drag Rascal out just so he could relieve himself and it was a fight. He did not want to walk in the standing water outside the door. I am ready for summer to get here. Had enough of this wet winter crap!

VU Sponsors