Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Bob! Keeping warm won't be a problem since its 66 degrees here right now. Staying dry will be a problem though since its pouring rain right now. :gaah:
Yep same here on the rain. Not so bad right here but south eastern KY is hammered with flooding already going on.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep same here on the rain. Not so bad right here but south eastern KY is hammered with flooding already going on.
Wow! So far, I haven't read or heard anything about flooding here in NC. I did notice the creek I have to cross over to get to 501 is up some but nothing catastrophic yet.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Fucking garbage is legalized poison....:devil:

Same for sulfites -- the only reason for using sulfites is to preserve COLOR... and sufur dioxide can do the same damn thing!!!!!! But I don't think sulfur dioxide has the risk of causing asthmatics to have such a severe asthma attack they go into complete pulmonary collapse.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
YUM!! I haven’t had tacos in a while unless you count the 2 I had from Toxic Hell a few weeks ago.

I will prolly eat mexican after my 6 mos dr appt tomorrow.

I have to go in hungry for bloodwork.
Just hope I do not catch the flu there.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I will prolly eat mexican after my 6 mos dr appt tomorrow.

I have to go in hungry for bloodwork.
Just hope I do not catch the flu there.

No shit - part of why I haven't gone to the drs to document this stupid vertigo problem - afraid I might leave worse!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Doesn't look too different from ours for the next 5 days; you might be about 12-24 hrs ahead of us, and a smidge warmer since you're a good bit further south:

View attachment 102819
I'll take it! We need the rain, 2017 never did catch us up after the terrible drought of 2016. And it's not cold, which is always good, especially when you're a sickie like me ATM.

Still recuperating; but had a really good night's sleep and woke up feeling actually human -- night before last I hardly slept thx to to the Zpak antibiotics, whih sucks bad when you're sick and actually need and want to sleep. My chest is a bit better; still get a little winded if I go from my bedroom to the kitchen, but not outright gasping as I was doing. Managed to eat a bit more yesterday, actually ate half a lean cuisine fettucine alfredo last night. I'm gonna try some frosted mini wheats in a few mins; not a whole bowl, but maybe I can manage a half bowl. Still coughing up a lot of crud, but it's not as violent or lengthy as it was; still not really vaping, except a few tiny mouth-only hits. Occasionally a tiny bit hits a bit too far back in my throat, but it doesn't cause the full-on tubercular coughing fit it did a few days ago; just a bit of a tickle, that I can almost ignore. By the end of this weekend, who knows, maybe I'll be able to vape almost normally... though I might need to keep it around 9w instead of my norm which is closer to 10w. And I really don't wanna hear any stupid shit about my tootle puffing, because after a solid week or not vaping at all, tootle puffin at goddamn EIGHT WATTS would be an improvement!

And yeah, that high-140s weight is now in the mid-130s, pretty much where I want it to be, so although I'm trying to eat more than "zero" to get my health and energy back, I'm not going to go hogwild as I did after my post-appendectomy weight loss.

Y'all catch any of the figure skating last night? I love that shit! They're doing arguably one of the hardest things EVER, and make it look as easy as walking down the street. Just amazing. And the US is not doing badly either, which is always nice.

Andria
I got the flu too. Or should I say it got me? I've been so sick but hopefully tomorrow I will feel better.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the flu too. Or should I say it got me? I've been so sick but hopefully tomorrow I will feel better.
It hit me Friday. Thank God my ex brother-in-law was around he came over and took care of me and made me some soup.
Sorry you are sick.
Andria getting better?
Hopefully my alien components in my DNA will protect me.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mr Freeman is sick too. I don't know what's wrong with him. I just thank God that Tim's oming back over tomorrow to bring him to the vet.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've had enough aspirin and vinegar to thin my blood out the old ticker keeps on racing

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lucy, can you take Dramamine? It has the same properties as the drug(meclizine) that the dr will put you on for vertigo.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Tuesday will be 2 wks since I first noticed symptoms... I got up today feeling actually human for the first time in all that time, and the day stayed pretty good; I didn't nap all day, nor even lie down, and I managed to eat both a good breakfast and a reasonable dinner. Diarrhea was still a problem, but I think that which started as part of the flu just got worse because of the antibiotics; the good news is that although I'm still coughing up a LOT of crap, the lungs are gradually clearing, the appetite is mostly back, and I took the very last antibiotic today... so I hope that damn diarrhea is outta here. I even managed a load of laundry today, first useful thing I've done other than recuperate in 2 wks.

And 2 wks is actually not too bad for flu; the last really bad flu I had that really wiped me out was Jan 1997, and I was basically a prisoner of the couch for 3 solid weeks -- I was only 35 at the time, but I was a solid 2pk a day smoker, and even with the flu, I was still getting thru at least a pk a day.

I'm 56 now. If it's another 20 yrs till I got another bad flu, I might not survive it, so I'm definitely going to be getting flu shots every fall from now on. This shit has just SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lucy, can you take Dramamine? It has the same properties as the drug(meclizine) that the dr will put you on for vertigo.

No.. dramamine is dimenhydrinate. I take it every night as a sedative. Youi're thinking of the non-drowsy version of it.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sure glad you are doing better Andria!

Same here buddy! When I was eating dinner, I observed to my husband that it sure was nice to have an appetite! Food actually tastes good when you're actually hungry! I didn't go totally without on any day of my illness, but there were a couple days of fluids-only, or only a few bites of this or that. Then trying to get back to eating, after you haven't been, for a while, is HARD -- just like after the appendectomy recuperation.

One thing I found really helpful... when that obnoxious smell set in, after I'd been sick about 5 days... I got some lavender essential oil... that made life a LOT more bearable, having something nice to smell instead of the odor of my infected lungs. Maybe that's just me, with my fucking bionic nose. :facepalm:

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

As vertigo is caused by an inner ear problem NO WAY will I take a prescription drug for it and will only dry dramamine if it gets a lot worse

I'm trying a few natural therapies that are giving me varying degrees of success

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As vertigo is caused by an inner ear problem NO WAY will I take a prescription drug for it and will only dry dramamine if it gets a lot worse

I'm trying a few natural therapies that are giving me varying degrees of success
When vertigo starts to affect me I lay on the bed with only my head hanging off the side. I turn my head to the right side, leave it there for a few minutes then turn it over and hang the left side for a few minutes. It usually helps. It's something about the crystals in your inner ear moving back to the proper place.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
When vertigo starts to affect me I lay on the bed with only my head hanging off the side. I turn my head to the right side, leave it there for a few minutes then turn it over and hang the left side for a few minutes. It usually helps. It's something about the crystals in your inner ear moving back to the proper place.

Epley's maneuver - very effective when that is the cause of your inner ear imbalance they say

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Tuesday will be 2 wks since I first noticed symptoms... I got up today feeling actually human for the first time in all that time, and the day stayed pretty good; I didn't nap all day, nor even lie down, and I managed to eat both a good breakfast and a reasonable dinner. Diarrhea was still a problem, but I think that which started as part of the flu just got worse because of the antibiotics; the good news is that although I'm still coughing up a LOT of crap, the lungs are gradually clearing, the appetite is mostly back, and I took the very last antibiotic today... so I hope that damn diarrhea is outta here. I even managed a load of laundry today, first useful thing I've done other than recuperate in 2 wks.

And 2 wks is actually not too bad for flu; the last really bad flu I had that really wiped me out was Jan 1997, and I was basically a prisoner of the couch for 3 solid weeks -- I was only 35 at the time, but I was a solid 2pk a day smoker, and even with the flu, I was still getting thru at least a pk a day.

I'm 56 now. If it's another 20 yrs till I got another bad flu, I might not survive it, so I'm definitely going to be getting flu shots every fall from now on. This shit has just SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andria
I don't have any antibiotics. Maybe I need to go back to the doctor. Last night was really rough. If it wasn't for those cough pills and cough drops and inhaler I don't know what would have happened.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I don't have any antibiotics. Maybe I need to go back to the doctor. Last night was really rough. If it wasn't for those cough pills and cough drops and inhaler I don't know what would have happened.

:hug:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Same here buddy! When I was eating dinner, I observed to my husband that it sure was nice to have an appetite! Food actually tastes good when you're actually hungry! I didn't go totally without on any day of my illness, but there were a couple days of fluids-only, or only a few bites of this or that. Then trying to get back to eating, after you haven't been, for a while, is HARD -- just like after the appendectomy recuperation.

One thing I found really helpful... when that obnoxious smell set in, after I'd been sick about 5 days... I got some lavender essential oil... that made life a LOT more bearable, having something nice to smell instead of the odor of my infected lungs. Maybe that's just me, with my fucking bionic nose. :facepalm:

Andria
I actually had a bit of an appetite last night. But after I ate I felt worse.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

You'd only need antibiotics if it turned into a bacterial infection; they won't help the flu one fucking iota. If you still feel just as bad or possibly worse after you've had the flu for a solid week, THEN you go to the doc and get antibiotics. Too bad you didn't go and get tamiflu, though; it shortened my husband's flu quite a bit, but needs to be started within 48 hrs of symptom onset.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Dang - lost a good friend this morning - two year battle against colorectal cancer - he was only in his 40s

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I wonder if ginger might help. It's more effective than dramamine on the nausea of motion sickness... but I don't know how effective it would be on the vertigo. Worth a try though, since it's harmless and inexpensive.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dang - lost a good friend this morning - two year battle against colorectal cancer - he was only in his 40s

Over the weekend, I was perusing some web pages I ran across devoted to my high school, including a Memoriam page... discovered a couple of names that I hadn't heard in probably 40 yrs, had no idea they had died, though they passedquite some ago -- 1982 and 2002 respectively. Quite a reality check to find one's peers are no longer among the living. :(

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Over the weekend, I was perusing some web pages I ran across devoted to my high school, including a Memoriam page... discovered a couple of names that I hadn't heard in probably 40 yrs, had no idea they had died, though they passedquite some ago -- 1982 and 2002 respectively. Quite a reality check to find one's peers are no longer among the living. :(

Andria

Yeah, I lost my lifetime best friend (we met in first grade!) in 2011 -

I ran across a letter she wrote me a couple of months ago and I just burst into tears looking at it - and I'm not a tear prone person at all.

VU Sponsors