Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It has lately been made very plain to me that I simply don't fit in anywhere, so I've mostly been sparing VU my presence. Also reading some good books, to alleviate my shoulder pain from the floorplans pgm.

Andria

I wish you would stop listening to idiots. You fit in anywhere you want and no one has the right to tell you that you dont! Plus your a fugee so fuck em!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It has lately been made very plain to me that I simply don't fit in anywhere, so I've mostly been sparing VU my presence. Also reading some good books, to alleviate my shoulder pain from the floorplans pgm.

Andria

I wish you would stop listening to idiots. You fit in anywhere you want and no one has the right to tell you that you dont! Plus your a fugee so fuck em!

Yeah! This ^^^^

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well hell, it was y'all who indicated that my taste in music is fer shit. I can't help it; I played the violin for 4 yrs and the piano for 2, so logical structure in music matters to me.

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
You're more than welcome to sit at my table anytime you wish.I know we don't always agree on everything.But I still consider you a friend.And if anybody pisses you off too much let me know and I'll just go get my shovel.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well hell, it was y'all who indicated that my taste in music is fer shit. I can't help it; I played the violin for 4 yrs and the piano for 2, so logical structure in music matters to me.

Andria
Honestly I think most people have shit taste when it comes to music.But that's only because I despise both (The Beatles & The Beach Boys)
Oh and I'm still a big time (Parrot Head)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
This about us not liking your music?
Few around me like my music, but I do not give a rats ass. I like it.
I live in Country music redneck land and like AC DC, and rock. Most of those I grew up around used to like rock but have succumbed to peer pressure, etc and now listen to country. After it is not respectable for a 64 yr old human to like AC DC and such.
Being a kind good guy I care about. Living up to others expectations I do not give a rats rectum about.

I do not even own any Camo clothing or a 4 wheeler and do not hunt deer and such. Now if they had a cow season....

As I sit here typing I hear the 1,000 th playing of the country guy jackson? singing gospel music...

What I put up with for my wife....

Allen jackson I think he is.

When we all get to heaven, what a day of rejoicing it will be...

Where is my bullet?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This about us not liking your music?
Few around me like my music, but I do not give a rats ass. I like it.
I live in Country music redneck land and like AC DC, and rock. Most of those I grew up around used to like rock but have succumbed to peer pressure, etc and now listen to country. After it is not respectable for a 64 yr old human to like AC DC and such.
Being a kind good guy I care about. Living up to others expectations I do not give a rats rectum about.

I do not even own any Camo clothing or a 4 wheeler and do not hunt deer and such. Now if they had a cow season....

As I sit here typing I hear the 1,000 th playing of the country guy jackson? singing gospel music...

What I put up with for my wife....

Allen jackson I think he is.

When we all get to heaven, what a day of rejoicing it will be...

Where is my bullet?

I developed an appreciation for Alan Jackson because 1) my husband loves his music, and 2) he's a GA homeboy, and so is Jason Aldean, whose music I also enjoy. I'm totally with ya about rock n roll; I'll never stop loving it, it's still my first choice most all the time. But, for a while it was really hard to find any up-to-date music that wasn't rap or hiphop, which I just loathe, so I started giving country music a fresh listen, and a lot of the up-to-date country music really is very similar to the "southern rock" of the 70s. Some of the older country, i still can't abide at all, but some of the up-to-date stuff, even if it's really traditional like Alan Jackson, I learned to appreciate as a vernacular American musical form -- it's just another branch off the same tree that spawned jazz, blues, and rock n roll, and don't forget bluegrass and rockabilly! :D

But I will listen to Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, and Yes (ELO, ELP, Kansas, and any other progressive-rock band you can think of!), any damn day, anytime, anyplace, for any reason, or no reason, because they're just fucking great! Likewise AC/DC -- best heavy metal, EVAH. Black Sabbath is also excellent, and I came late to their appreciation -- no way in HELL would my mama have allowed anything with a name like that in her house. :D

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I developed an appreciation for Alan Jackson because 1) my husband loves his music, and 2) he's a GA homeboy, and so is Jason Aldean, whose music I also enjoy. I'm totally with ya about rock n roll; I'll never stop loving it, it's still my first choice most all the time. But, for a while it was really hard to find any up-to-date music that wasn't rap or hiphop, which I just loathe, so I started giving country music a fresh listen, and a lot of the up-to-date country music really is very similar to the "southern rock" of the 70s. Some of the older country, i still can't abide at all, but some of the up-to-date stuff, even if it's really traditional like Alan Jackson, I learned to appreciate as a vernacular American musical form -- it's just another branch off the same tree that spawned jazz, blues, and rock n roll, and don't forget bluegrass and rockabilly! :D

But I will listen to Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, and Yes (ELO, ELP, Kansas, and any other progressive-rock band you can think of!), any damn day, anytime, anyplace, for any reason, or no reason, because they're just fucking great! Likewise AC/DC -- best heavy metal, EVAH. Black Sabbath is also excellent, and I came late to their appreciation -- no way in HELL would my mama have allowed anything with a name like that in her house. :D

Andria

I have heard a lot of country music. With a country woman in your life ya cant help it. Still to this day I dont like it. There is a few songs here and there and a few country music type of movies I like but listen to it daily. naaaa.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have heard a lot of country music. With a country woman in your life ya cant help it. Still to this day I dont like it. There is a few songs here and there and a few country music type of movies I like but listen to it daily. naaaa.
When I was growing up we had both kinds of music on the radio stations. Country and Western.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I was growing up we had both kinds of music on the radio stations. Country and Western.

I think it's funny actually; I always had to listen to 101.5, WKCX (Kicks in the country!) when I was growing up because that's all my stepdad would listen to, for music -- and as crappy as country was back then, it was just marginally preferable to talk radio or sports; though I did enjoy the Paul Harvey bits. And now I listen to Kicks sometimes... of my own free will (if they're just yap yap yapping on the rock stations!)... which just amuses me to NO end. :giggle:

I take it by fits and starts, and I have a few "country" faves -- Dwight Yoakam is one of them, but I call that rockabilly. I just completely admire that man -- when he talks, he's the biggest damn gooberhead you can imagine, and homely as a mud fence. But when he puts on that cowboy hat and picks up a guitar, he's goddamn sex on 2 legs. :giggle: The way he plays and flirts with that hat is just amazing showmanship. He's also a damn fine actor. Likewise Kris Kristofferson -- couldn't sing his way out of a paper sack, but terrific songwriter, and a really good actor.

Andria

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Honestly I think most people have shit taste when it comes to music.But that's only because I despise both (The Beatles & The Beach Boys)
Oh and I'm still a big time (Parrot Head)
Yeah, I'd probably fall into that category. Or at least "wildly different than everyone else in this thread" category

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I find many things that humans do to gain acceptance with others quite humorous at times.
The being different in the same way as many others are I find a bit perplexing.
Tats, strange hairstyles, underwear showing and other strange clothing styles all say 'look at me' to me.
But do not comment on them or you be distrespectin them? Racist, etc....

Humans are strange beings.
Most of them are very much into pack mentality or tribalism.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I find many things that humans do to gain acceptance with others quite humorous at times.
Tats, strange hairstyles, underwear showing and other strange clothing styles all say 'look at me' to me.

How very right you are. Its kinda like everyone is expected to tolerate everything while dissension will never be tolerated. Sad really.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
Here's 1 just for you hun.

You know what let's make it 2...Cheers!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not even (Garth Brooks)
I find that hard to believe...Just Saying!

Oh and everybody was singing this little ditty back in the day.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Keeping up with where my head was at in my last post here's a slightly different version of (Friends in low places) below.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

1 of my old friends had a saying that I'll now quote.

"There is no real Justice,There is only really Just Us"

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I never ever could stand Garth Brooks. His music to me is like what rap is to me. Garbage.

Some country music is ok to me. Some of George Strait is ok. Some of Reba is ok. Tim McGraw has a song I really like. Gretchen Wilson, hell yeah :teehee: But for the most part, no thanks.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never ever could stand Garth Brooks. His music to me is like what rap is to me. Garbage.

Some country music is ok to me. Some of George Strait is ok. Some of Reba is ok. Tim McGraw has a song I really like. Gretchen Wilson, hell yeah :teehee: But for the most part, no thanks.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Not a big fan of Garth myself, nor really George Strait either, but I keep both of those to myself, because my husband loves both quite insanely. *sigh* Amazing what you'll put up with, for love, eh? :D However my husband and I are in perfect agreement that Willie Nelson is a force of nature to be reckoned with, as well as a hallacious songwriter, and he's like me, quit booze because it kills ya, but the green h*rb doesn't. :D He just turned 85 and also just released a new album. He's simply amazing.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'll never smoke **** with Willie again....

I would. With Willie, or my husband... they look much the same, though my husband is 20 yrs younger...

shelby.jpg

That ol whiskey river will kill you dead. **** won't. And I hate songs like that make the uptight antis think that stuff is some kind of powerful force -- it's not. You won't find stoners wanting to fight and raise hell, they're too content, and too lazy, they'll just say "yeah whatever." For me, it keeps me from needing to kill all the stupid people I happen to run into -- and there's a lot of them. :facepalm:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ya gotta love Willie

I saw an interview with him once, and he is the most endearing, engaging, down to earth "superstar" I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. Exactly the kind of person I would consider a true friend, and a hell of a guy.

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw an interview with him once, and he is the most endearing, engaging, down to earth "superstar" I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. Exactly the kind of person I would consider a true friend, and a hell of a guy.

Andria
If you like listening to music due to usage of the green stuff then maybe check out Jimmy Buffett + Cypress Hill & Afroman

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you like listening to music due to usage of the green stuff then maybe check out Jimmy Buffett + Cypress Hill & Afroman

Never really liked Buffett. He's more about drunkeness, which obviously I'm definitely NOT into, not anymore. But even when I drank... just never could really like Buffett.

Never heard of the other two.

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never really liked Buffett. He's more about drunkeness, which obviously I'm definitely NOT into, not anymore. But even when I drank... just never could really like Buffett.

Never heard of the other two.

Andria
Jimmy's also been arrested for xxx possession a total of about 500 times.And anybody who writes a song about a damn cheeseburger is awesome in my book.

EDIT : As for the other 2 HERE YOU GO

Last edited by a moderator:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
"XXXX" should actually be "bhang". It's a word from India, though I'm not sure what language it is.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
"XXXX" should actually be "bhang". It's a word from India, though I'm not sure what language it is.

Andria

Technically your correct but I am sure there is many stoner who are not gonna change how they spell XXXX :giggle:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Guess an occasional vape related post would be in order, at least to keep VU happy :giggle:

Ordered some more juice from that Umba vapes place. I been getting WTA juice from them that to me is a lot better flavored than the WTA I got from Mothers Milk WTA. The last order they threw in some samplers. One of them was a cherry mint flavored vape that sounded nasty to me but turns out to be a really good flavor.

As for the dual usage, im down to around 13 smokes a day. Hopefully a week or so from now I will be below half a pack a day. :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Guess an occasional vape related post would be in order, at least to keep VU happy :giggle:

Ordered some more juice from that Umba vapes place. I been getting WTA juice from them that to me is a lot better flavored than the WTA I got from Mothers Milk WTA. The last order they threw in some samplers. One of them was a cherry mint flavored vape that sounded nasty to me but turns out to be a really good flavor.

As for the dual usage, im down to around 13 smokes a day. Hopefully a week or so from now I will be below half a pack a day. :D

Do that thing where you keep a running tally sheet for each day, so you know exactly how much you're smoking (and how much you're not!), and each day, try to not go over the number of the day before, and go down if you can. Worked great for me; I get very competitive when it's my smarter grownup self versus my idiot child self. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Back in the late 70 and early 80's I would totally agree with you but not so much now. I know a lot of highly educated peeps who love to catch a buzz.

As I mentioned, one of my major reasons for continuing to use it is so I can tolerate idiots without needing to kill them. So far, it's working. :D

Andria

VU Sponsors