ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
A slight reprieve. I thought the Dog Grooming graduation ceremony was this morning it is this afternoon.
I am especially looking forward to the Anal gland expressing demos :)

Congratulations - I know you are on a constant quest to find ways to have more fun with your Weiner

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For explanation a daughter of a Neice by the wife units first marriage is graduating Dog Grooming school.

A pretty big deal for that bunch who do not even have a high school diploma between them.

Me? I am just supporting the Wife Unit.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Definitely love that leopard print!

Yeah, it's not the "pumpkin edition", but it's not bad. I'm wondering if there is such an animal as a leopard print driptip. :D I've been using it all day while we were doing the housework for my stepfather, and I quite like it, it's bigger and slightly heavier than I'm used to, but not as heavy as the Sx Mini M. Though with a 26650, it might be.

The spawn got the Aegis Legend, and he is also shickled titless with his, the full kit. It's got one of those huge honkin driptips, so he's loving that. :D

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, it's not the "pumpkin edition", but it's not bad. I'm wondering if there is such an animal as a leopard print driptip. :D I've been using it all day while we were doing the housework for my stepfather, and I quite like it, it's bigger and slightly heavier than I'm used to, but not as heavy as the Sx Mini M. Though with a 26650, it might be.

The spawn got the Aegis Legend, and he is also shickled titless with his, the full kit. It's got one of those huge honkin driptips, so he's loving that. :D

Andria

For a price, anything is possible o_O

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Andria

For a price, anything is possible o_O

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
For explanation a daughter of a Neice by the wife units first marriage is graduating Dog Grooming school.

A pretty big deal for that bunch who do not even have a high school diploma between them.

Me? I am just supporting the Wife Unit.

Sounds like my ex. I know of 2 generations without a high school diploma among any of them.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first wifes family had 1 out of 2 generations in her immediate and parents families as well that had high school diplomas.
My father died when I was 16 and I had to work 40 hours or more a week to help the family out and I still graduated HS and went 18 months to tech school. With zero govt assistance.

and I HATED regular school. Loved tech school though.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning yall :)

I was the same as Bob. Hated HS and barely graduated but in tech school I pretty much aced it.

Never really thought about it until this morning but damn, where I worked they invested heavily in my education. The company I worked for had a training department that is considered top in the industry. Every year I had to sit thru 3 days of recurrent training which sucked but was mandated by the FAA, and I been to many two week courses on various models of helicopters. I been sent to factory schools on some helicopters and once I was forced to attend a school from flight safety international for non destructive testing. That school was actually kind of fun :p Then I been to various management classes. I was also forced to do the Dale Carnegie upper management school which I was told after the fact was $30K per person. Now that school really sucked bad.

It surprising. High school I squeaked by but since then I always been a very good student. Whats also surprising is I wasted most of my adult life with a woman who never made it out of the 9th grade.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It surprising. High school I squeaked by but since then I always been a very good student. Whats also surprising is I wasted most of my adult life with a woman who never made it out of the 9th grade.

Adults almost always excel at higher education even if high school performance was menial - think it's because usually you are studying something you like as an adult, lol

With that said, education level has very little to do with intelligence

I'm a high school drop out (tenth grade)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Adults almost always excel at higher education even if high school performance was menial - think it's because usually you are studying something you like as an adult, lol

I very nearly was, myself... but my parents told me if I left school early, I could just go on and leave home too. I decided to stick it out till I graduated. :D But I didn't go to my graduation, which now I regret intensely, but I HAD TO get away from those insane people.

Having a "brilliant career", or lack thereof, is also not an intelligence marker. My stepfather threw that one up to me yesterday, but hey... I've been happily married for 31 yrs. How many people with "brilliant careers" can say that? I have a 30 yr old son. I've been off drugs (except that green smokable kind, which is really just "nature's calm") for more than 30 yrs; off alcohol for nearly 26 yrs. I learned a great deal from the School of Hard Knocks, and have emerged with a reasonable life. I'm quite ok with that. :)

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I totally agree. Education does have very little to do with intelligence. Just because a person is educated doesnt mean they are smart either.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I totally agree. Education does have very little to do with intelligence. Just because a person is educated doesnt mean they are smart either.

My grandfather, born in the mountains of extreme N. GA ("south Appalachia!"), who went only to the 7th grade before he had to start putting in a full day's work on the farm that his family tenanted, was the smartest man I've known. He taught me "readin and 'rithmetic", by making it fun; he read books of christian theology because it interested him, and he could have a very intelligent conversation about the bible and the methodist faith -- and of all my methodist family, he was the only one who told me "I don't know what you're into these days, but I can see it's made a real change in you for the better, so it can't be a bad or evil thing" -- though the beliefs I was starting to learn then were about as far from christianity as anything could be -- more like buddhism, somewhat. That's a very intelligent person, IMO, who looks with clear eyes before even beginning to pass judgment, and understanding that he just might not know everything. The modern well-educated could take a valuable lesson from that example.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Woops, no it's not; that's at the end of August -- I saw it there on the pay schedule and got all excited. :giggle: But it's an 11 day pay period, and that's not bad.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wish I was retired so I could relax mine!
Anyways..........................happy Tuesday!!!!
Hang in there and you will get there.
Never thought I would get there.

Have to be careful what ya wish for too. For decades I dreamed of being able to retire. I loved my job but like everyone else I also loved the dream of being retired. Now that I been forced into retirement I wish I was still working because to be really honest, retirement I find kinda boring.

Last edited:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have to be careful what ya wish for too. For decodes I dreamed of being able to retire. I loved my job but like everyone else I also loved the dream of being retired. Now that I been forced into retirement I wish I was still working because to be really honest, retirement I find kinda boring.
If I lived there I'd be fishing almost every day!!! Get a rod and go for it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have to be careful what ya wish for too. For decades I dreamed of being able to retire. I loved my job but like everyone else I also loved the dream of being retired. Now that I been forced into retirement I wish I was still working because to be really honest, retirement I find kinda boring.

Been retired about 1.5 years?
No boredom yet.
Too many things to fix to even let me get to hobbies.
And fixing stuff take me longer now too...
Have to take measurements today for the new porch. so I can order all the lumber and stuff.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A lot of stuff that I use to be able to do is a challenge now which really curtails the retirement activity :(

Yet on a positive note now that I am retired and no longer have to fill up cups on demand, I can enjoy that green relaxing herb and I do, a lot :p
My wifes disability has put the wet blanket on traditional retirement activities for me...
sigh...
No shuffleboard.....

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
About the same. Can walk maybe 100 yds per day total but anything over 30 yds causes her a day or two down time.
Very slow walking...
Keeps her doublewide electric recliner company with lots of TV.

Well, at least she CAN walk. My mom never did any of her PT after her broken hips and replacements because her KNEES hurt so much, but they wouldn't do anything about her knees because of her diabetes. She was in pain pretty much 24/7.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep am thankful for that.
She is too heavy for me to carry.

I know with me if I walk 100 feet I am out of breath and have to stop yet if I go shopping and have a buggy to lean on I can walk all over that store. Large stores like walmart I might have to sit one or two times while in there but for the most part, having something to lean on helps a lot. Would having a walker or something help your wife walk farther?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know with me if I walk 100 feet I am out of breath and have to stop yet if I go shopping and have a buggy to lean on I can walk all over that store. Large stores like walmart I might have to sit one or two times while in there but for the most part, having something to lean on helps a lot. Would having a walker or something help your wife walk farther?
With her it is her leg/foot that got messed up in an auto accident.
Riding in a vehicle for over a couple hours is also out for her and stairs are quite difficult.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
With her it is her leg/foot that got messed up in an auto accident.
Riding in a vehicle for over a couple hours is also out for her and stairs are quite difficult.
It's just a vicious circle. You can't exercise to lose weight, but yet the weight makes the pain worse so you can't exercise.
Andria, I MADE my mother do PT. I'd get home from work and if she didn't write down all the exercises on the white board I hung up in her room, I'd blast the music and get her dancing. lol

VU Sponsors