Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Hypnophone

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It has come to my attention that someone/thing has been blaspheemin'n BOB.
Well, that's otay. But you'll answer to BOB.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
What's Bob gonna do now that he can't drink :drunk:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
However when one does have trouble with a new engine it can be lots more difficult to analyze.

jfnha.jpg

what-the-hell.jpg

Then usually it's something that involves a whole system of the car/truck like the transmission, or redundant sensory array for the tire pressure, NSA's GPS software what needs to be updated after you went off-roading in some back wood that GPS doesn't see since it's out of the satellite orbiting band. And these systems need work starting at least at $1,000 and on up to $6,000. No, you can't go to a local junk yard and rip off an replacement part for $20 and pay the mechanic $50 to slap it back on quick or you borrow his shop for two shakes of a dog's tail to DIY.

When they switched out to fuel gas needing to be at least 10% ethanol I got real pissed. Our weed eaters had squeeze bubble primers on them. The ethanol would eat these unprotected rubber bulbs through. You couldn't go and get a $0.30 rubber bulb to replace just the bulb, nope, had to go buy a $30 full carburetor and ignitions kit. The weed eaters sold for around $120 so, you wound up paying for a third of a weed eater, sometimes 2-3 times a season. Told my wife just as well pitch the weed eater & buy a new one if a bubble got eaten through.

You'd think that before switching over to something probably more environmentally safe, the manufacturers would study such possibilities and plan ahead, make stuff more durable in some way. Nah, all planned obsoleteness with every finger outstretched to pinch your money away. I genuinely believe it began with the auto industry.

Imagined back room conversation:

"Look maybe the fumes cause bad stuff to happen to folks over time."

"Don't say anything, it'll let doctors profit from doing needless surgeries."

"Yeah, then lawyers can get in by suing doctors, ... brilliant!"

Bah, I'm supposed to be being more stoic and not so cynical. Fine. I didn't cry when I watched the Zapruder film and saw Jackie O' holding Johnny's squished brain pan. Knew it was all an insider joke that let Johnny come back as some sax playing womanizer named Clinton. At least that's what I've read and been told by four alien races on the Internets and Webs. Shame I never believe anything I read. I mean hey, I read in the Brother's Grimm fairy tales that werewolves ate babies. Pfft, baby sheep maybe. Tsk, those sly Grimm's.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My 18 year old daughter had all 4 of her wisdom teeth outin a total of 2 sessions (2 on each, about a month and a half apart). due to her concern about dry socket, she continued to vape...though doing the DL's through her nose...I don't know aobut you, but I"d be concerned aobut the vape going straight into the sinuses like that...but what do I know....

Less water than a person would get from taking a shower is inhaled from vapor. There was an old dude what a quick unscientific but simply repeatable test for a few you tube videos. He stuff a jar with cotton, put a tube in from a vape, had it vape until a battery went dead. He had to really wring out the cotton in the jar to get any water from it.

Might not buy everything I read, might be wise to be skeptical of videos too, but hey he did it so everybody could see. He admitted it was not scientific. If a person wanted though they could make it scientific easily enough following his instructions in the videos. So, I kind of believe what I saw. Why would someone go to the hassle of shooting a video like that just to lie to folks, especially when he himself doesn't vape or smoke? He was curious because his son or nephew was starting to vape.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It has come to my attention that someone/thing has been blaspheemin'n BOB.
Well, that's otay. But you'll answer to BOB.

I never blaspheme BOB. I just say I know Bob is my uncle and Bob is everywhere. Bob the mechanic, Bob the baker, Bob the hardware store owner all agree too, ... Bob rules. Excuse me for hailing Eris and wanting 5 hot-dogs. :)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Kudo's to you for knowing that trick Andria. Most housewives dont. During the days of cast iron V8's that trick worked great and I did it a few times myself. Today with aluminum heads in most cars you will damage the engine if you run it without the thermostat. I tried it a few times and it over heats real fast.

Not the truck we just traded in, but the one just before it, which was a 2009 -- the thermostat went out on it, and during the winter, it really didn't signify -- but the way we were first aware of the problem was during the autumn, when the AC would no longer work -- due to the season, we were able to postpone that repair till March. :D But once the temp hits 75 and above, you know vehicles in the sun get pretty damn hot, and really need that AC. It cost $237 to get a new thermostat put in, at the dealership. Possibly we could have had the repair done elsewhere for less... but having maintenance and repairs done at the dealership where you buy and trade-in preserves the resale/trade-in value, and it's a big deal when you want to get max trade-in value on your next vehicle. This is why we keep going back to that dealership; they know we take good care of our vehicles with regular maintenance and necessary repairs, and they also know I'm the tightwad from hell and if they don't make us a deal that fits our budget... we walk. We've done it before and will do it again if they don't make us a good deal.

But all teenagers that drove their family's oldest vehicles knew that trick back in the 70s, when I started driving -- when winters aren't severe, in a mechanical vehicle, the thermostat is perfectly dispensable. And of course anyone who drove old cars back then knew the dead giveawaty -- that smell of the boiling-over radiator. :giggle: I had a sweet Chevy then, a real land yacht -- a '73 impala, damn thing must have been 20 ft long. :giggle: Last car I ever drove that used "regular" (NOT unleaded!) gas. :D It didn't have all the fuel-efficient shit either, and that car could and would and DID smoke a Mustang out of a dead stop at a redlight. :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When they switched out to fuel gas needing to be at least 10% ethanol I got real pissed. Our weed eaters had squeeze bubble primers on them. The ethanol would eat these unprotected rubber bulbs through. You couldn't go and get a $0.30 rubber bulb to replace just the bulb, nope, had to go buy a $30 full carburetor and ignitions kit. The weed eaters sold for around $120 so, you wound up paying for a third of a weed eater, sometimes 2-3 times a season. Told my wife just as well pitch the weed eater & buy a new one if a bubble got eaten through.

When we bought this house and then needed to acquire good yard tools, we got all electric stuff -- including the weed eater, the lawnmower, and the chainsaw -- because I absolutely cannot BEAR that stink of gas mixed with oil, it's just putrid... and I also hate noisy tools. The electric ones are so quiet, when I'm indoors I don't hear 'em at all. My husband insisted on the kind that you actually plug in, he's got this HUGE outdoor electric cord, because in 2011, batt tech still wasn't all that great, not as good as it is now.

Things are definitely improving, though. I got one of those cordless Shark vacuums, the biggest competitor to those expensive Dysons (they cost $200 instead of $700, and get MUCH better reviews -- because the batteries are REMOVABLE!) So I bought an extra battery and a nice dual charger, so I've always got "juice" to vacuum. :)

Andria

NotNew2VapingNow

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never blaspheme BOB. I just say I know Bob is my uncle and Bob is everywhere. Bob the mechanic, Bob the baker, Bob the hardware store owner all agree too, ... Bob rules. Excuse me for hailing Eris and wanting 5 hot-dogs. :)
Don't forget Bob the builder :giggle:

and as long as we're (I'm?) talking about children's stuff, let's not forget the most annoying song evah!..My daughter watched this VHS tape so much, she literally wore it out..and although she turned 18 in August, I STILL CANNOT GET THIS SONG OUTTA MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hypnophone

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Don't forget Bob the builder :giggle:

and as long as we're (I'm?) talking about children's stuff, let's not forget the most annoying song evah!..My daughter watched this VHS tape so much, she literally wore it out..and although she turned 18 in August, I STILL CANNOT GET THIS SONG OUTTA MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the song to knock it outta yer head

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
if I will live long enough in this lifetime to see Halloween turned into a religious holiday.

Um, it actually is a religious holiday. May not be a Judaeo-Christian, Muslim holiday, nonetheless it is a religious holiday. There's a lot more religions than what Westerners generally accept as the big three religions. I say this without any sense of confrontation intended nor attached.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Um, it actually is a religious holiday. May not be a Judaeo-Christian, Muslim holiday, nonetheless it is a religious holiday. There's a lot more religions than what Westerners generally accept as the big three religions. I say this without any sense of confrontation intended nor attached.

I suppose it is religious based since it is kinda faith based.
I was referring to common US religions though.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hope y'all had a fandamntastic xmas, despite Mr Juicy's dental travails, Choppie's living situation and heart weirdnesses, and whatever other dysfucktions are going on!

Everything here seems to be A-OK. :) Farking A-MAY-ZING!!!

Guess I need to update my avatar now, since Mr & Mrs Claus' jobs are done for another 364. :)

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hope y'all had a fandamntastic xmas, despite Mr Juicy's dental travails, Choppie's living situation and heart weirdnesses, and whatever other dysfucktions are going on!

Everything here seems to be A-OK. :) Farking A-MAY-ZING!!!

Guess I need to update my avatar now, since Mr & Mrs Claus' jobs are done for another 364. :)

Andria

Actually things are not bad around here and I gotta say, Im content, at times maybe even happy. Not a single heart weirdness since I moved in. Rascal just loves having both his parents and her other dog, Mia thinks having a papa is the best thing in the whole world. So yeah, things are not so bad right now for me. :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I will just follow the example of the Humans infesting this planet and have a bowl of banana pudding.

I mean if they do not put forth an effort to save their own planet then why should I?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Damn it Cromwell, now I'm craving banana pudding. :cry: Hmmm... I do still have one of those apple-walnut-raisin-spice cakes I made. It's fruit and nuts and whole wheat flour, can't be bad for me. :D

Andria

VU Sponsors