Become a Patron!

ECX flavors not filled all the way

Bill@ecigExpress

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You got caught and called out on it @Bill@ecigExpress......Admit it or lose business....Your choice!

I do not know what you mean by called out, I am here simply to assist and answer any questions I can. Anybody who contacts us in regards to anything with their order, we are here to listen and take care of issues. If you have one, please call us and we'll help.

thewaatt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been ordering from ECX regularly for about a year and have only had 2 minor problems, which their customer service took care of immediately.

* I got a 120ml batch of smelly nicotine. Used the live chat, replacement 120ml nicotine shipped same day.

* Received TE RY4 instead of FA. Used the live chat, replacement FA RY4 shipped same day.

Both times that I've had to contact customer service, the experience was pleasant and they've promptly fixed the problem at no additional cost to me.

I've also never gotten anything less than 10ml in a 10ml flavour bottle, and I purchased about 100+ bottles from them. I verified the ones where the liquid level looks low relative to the bottle and it always measured out spot on or at ~9.7ml; with the missing 0.3ml mostly likely being residue left in the bottle or syringe tip.

I will continue to recommend ECX as they have the most variety of flavourings, great prices, constant discount codes, excellent customer service and decent nicotine. They are the closest thing to a one-stop-shop for DIY and they ship to Canada! Now if only they could keep some of the popular flavours in stock.

I am fairly new to this but in the past few months have made few large orders at different vendors and from my experience I have nothing but good to say about ECX customer service, If you are a person like me who is hesitant to call customer service ( expecting generic replies) give them a chance!

Edd

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first order was from ECX. I didn't have any problems and the shipping was extremely fast. I received my order in less than 48 hours and that is coast to coast. Being that it was my first order I spent plenty enough to be eligible for the free shipping. Everything was well packaged and I didn't have any leaky bottles at all including nic, vg, pg and flavorings.

I can't say my bottles were or were not a full 10 mls as I didn't measure them but they all do seem to be different sizes and types of containers. Some are a tiny bit taller or skinnier. So they all looked to be filled at different levels. (same as the earlier photos)

I'm diggin deep here but if I was going to complain, which I am really not, the tips on the flavoring bottles I received are different as in some are fat and others are the needle tips. So measuring with drops, which I do do, can be tricky. I just mix for myself and anymore never over 10 mils at a time so I really am not worried about any tiny inconsistencies there.

It kinda sucks because I didn't need to use customer service for a problem so I cannot comment on that part, but as far as customer service from processing / picking / and then shipping I couldn't have been happier.

So hopefully anyone who has had problems gets them solved. ECX is a great one stop shop that has everything and then some especially for someone just starting out.

All in all I was happy as could be and even recommended ECX to a buddy who made his first order there also. Now if I would have measured and found that my flavors were not full this post would have been much shorter and not nearly as nice.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
the only problem I ever had with ECX was leaky bottles. my last order with flavors was my first ever without leaky bottles lol. hopefully times are a changing. @Edd get you a cheap scale. I have been mixing by weight recently and Ill tell you man its so much nicer and then it doesnt matter what style dropper it comes with :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
the only problem I ever had with ECX was leaky bottles. my last order with flavors was my first ever without leaky bottles lol. hopefully times are a changing. @Edd get you a cheap scale. I have been mixing by weight recently and Ill tell you man its so much nicer and then it doesnt matter what style dropper it comes with :)
Ditto everything he said!

Typos brought to you by: iPhone.

Bill@ecigExpress

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I am glad to see that you received your merchandise with no problems. We have implemented processes to decrease the leakage and have had success, please though if you see something that does not look right, let Customer Service know and we will definitely make sure you are good to go!

Edd

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll do it!!! I have been seeing a lot of that lately I really want to try it out too. I'm lazy well maybe not lazy but I sure do like the easy way hahahha.

DeadShort

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Over the past couple of months we have migrated from clear PET bottles (Formerly clear LDPE bottles) to Amber PET bottles. The leakage rate has been drastically reduced, and we have been topping off all of the bottles that come out of the lab.

As Ivan & Bill said, we switched from a controlled 10ml tool over to this process. Receiving less than 10ml of liquid is likely a result of a leaky LDPE bottle (thinner bases such as ethyl alcohol are much more prone to leaking), and if you contact ECX customer service, we will be glad to ship you a new bottle.

I regularly order from ECX and I hate the PET bottles because I use a scale to weigh my ingredients, and the stiffness of the PET bottle makes dropping into my final bottle on the scale particularly uneven and even hard to do in the 10-12 ml. sized bottles you have.. I am also afraid of cracking them when I squeeze them.
What I find is the "damned" problem, is the child proof caps on these things. Do you really need them on flavorings? I don't think so.
This is why they leak.. Many times I have to struggle a bit to remove or place the cap back on tight.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'd love to have at least the option of regular caps. Backwoods Brew uses them and it's for eliquid, not just flavoring.

KREAM

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just wanted to chime in and report back my experience with ECX as a result of this thread. After posting my pics and reading the explanations from the reps, I decided to do as they suggested and contact customer service just to see how the situation would be handled. I called on January 6 and explained the situation to the female rep (forgot her name) advising that I believed 7 of my 12 bottles were short on flavor. She was pleasant and created a ticket in my account over the phone and advised that ECX would get me squared away. She asked that I send pics of my issue and I sent her the same 2 pics posted at post 5 and I also linked her to this thread. On January 9, I got an email advising that my order was being reshipped. On Tuesday, Jan 13, I received a package from ECX. When I opened it, I was under the impression that only the offending 7 bottles were being replaced. I was however pleasantly surprised to find that all 12 bottles from my order had been replaced. So in essence, I got a windfall because ECX wanted to keep this customer happy. As a result of my first hand experience, I do now believe that customer service and repeat business is important to them and that they will do what they can to try to keep their customers happy. As such, ECX will remain on my top 3 list of DIY vendors. Thank you ECX for showing this customer that you do value my business.

Donovan (ECX Flavor Lab)

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Just wanted to chime in and report back my experience with ECX as a result of this thread. After posting my pics and reading the explanations from the reps, I decided to do as they suggested and contact customer service just to see how the situation would be handled. I called on January 6 and explained the situation to the female rep (forgot her name) advising that I believed 7 of my 12 bottles were short on flavor. She was pleasant and created a ticket in my account over the phone and advised that ECX would get me squared away. She asked that I send pics of my issue and I sent her the same 2 pics posted at post 5 and I also linked her to this thread. On January 9, I got an email advising that my order was being reshipped. On Tuesday, Jan 13, I received a package from ECX. When I opened it, I was under the impression that only the offending 7 bottles were being replaced. I was however pleasantly surprised to find that all 12 bottles from my order had been replaced. So in essence, I got a windfall because ECX wanted to keep this customer happy. As a result of my first hand experience, I do now believe that customer service and repeat business is important to them and that they will do what they can to try to keep their customers happy. As such, ECX will remain on my top 3 list of DIY vendors. Thank you ECX for showing this customer that you do value my business.

I'm glad Patti was able to help you fix the issue! :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have a new experience to share. I suppose I could have started a different thread, but wanted to toss it here, because I have had negative experiences in the past, so thought I'd share the good one here, too.

This past Monday I ordered 8 flavorings, 7 in 10mls and one in 30mls (believe it or not, it was not cookie). My tracking information was promptly emailed to me on Tuesday, with an expected delivery date of Friday. My ordered arrived on Thursday. Completely intact. No leaks. I still don't care for the PET bottles and I've never liked the shrink wrap, but I'm being picky. Everything was correct, nothing leaked and everything was full to the brim.

Thanks for listening to us. It does really matter that people pay attention to what we share here. :)

Donovan (ECX Flavor Lab)

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I tried emailing ECX over a week ago, but have not received a response yet. These bottles are not filled correctly, right?

@blondeonblonde if you measure out those bottles they should all measure out to 10ml.

-The one on the far left was recently filled, so its filled to the brim (over 10mls)
-The next two over are both flexible LDPE bottles, that measure out to a total of 12mls. There are 10mls in these bottles (making it appear short)
-The next 1 over is a clear plastic PET bottle that was filled a couple months back with 10mls. Before we started filling them to the neck. (like bottle number 1)
-The last one on the right is the same case as the second two, although it is visibly obvious to me that it may have leaked, or it may have been improperly filled.

I will touch base with our Customer Service department, and see that your email is located and responded to.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I tried emailing ECX over a week ago, but have not received a response yet. These bottles are not filled correctly, right?
Why does it look like 4 12ml and 1 10ml bottle? If it is, then the 10ml one should look fuller...

And, didnt you guys say earlier that you were gonna overfill the bottles now to make sure they contained at least 10ml?

MtM5Zc5.jpg

@blondeonblonde if you measure out those bottles they should all measure out to 10ml.

-The one on the far left was recently filled, so its filled to the brim (over 10mls)
-The next two over are both flexible LDPE bottles, that measure out to a total of 12mls. There are 10mls in these bottles (making it appear short)
-The next 1 over is a clear plastic PET bottle that was filled a couple months back with 10mls. Before we started filling them to the neck. (like bottle number 1)
-The last one on the right is the same case as the second two, although it is visibly obvious to me that it may have leaked, or it may have been improperly filled.

I will touch base with our Customer Service department, and see that your email is located and responded to.

Thanks for the reply. The bottles are not a big deal to me, but not answering my email is. As you mentioned in the thread, I tried to contact you guys directly before posting it openly, but this way is obviously much better since I had a response in less than 12 hours. Other than this, the order was great and I love the flavors, but customer service is important.

Bill@ecigExpress

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the reply. The bottles are not a big deal to me, but not answering my email is. As you mentioned in the thread, I tried to contact you guys directly before posting it openly, but this way is obviously much better since I had a response in less than 12 hours. Other than this, the order was great and I love the flavors, but customer service is important.

Thank you for your posts, I would like to find out why you had not been responded to. Can you please send me a private message with your Ticket #, Order Number if you have it and Name so I can track it. I really appreciate it, thank you!

Donovan (ECX Flavor Lab)

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Why does it look like 4 12ml and 1 10ml bottle? If it is, then the 10ml one should look fuller...

And, didnt you guys say earlier that you were gonna overfill the bottles now to make sure they contained at least 10ml?

MtM5Zc5.jpg
This is 3 12ml bottles, and 2 10ml bottles. There is an Amber PET bottle, and a clear one (second from the right.)

Yes, we did say we were going to overfill bottles. The bottle with the red cap is a representation of the new stock we have rolled out with full bottles. Most of our popular flavors have already cycled through, and they are all full.

I personally can't tell from here if the amber bottle is completely full because of the color/light - & there are a couple of batches of red cap/amber bottles out there that have 10mls in them instead of being completely full. So it is a possibility that it is not full.

VelvetA

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered 23 flavors on December 5th. Yesterday I opened the box to get all my new stuff organized and integrated with all my other and found 10 of the 23 were under-filled. I didn't measure all of them but pulled out a couple to test - they measured between 8.5 and 9.25 mL. Very not happy. :(

Oh and those child-proof bottles? Dear god I wanted to stab someone, it's a good thing I was the only one home at the time o_O

Bill@ecigExpress

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ordered 23 flavors on December 5th. Yesterday I opened the box to get all my new stuff organized and integrated with all my other and found 10 of the 23 were under-filled. I didn't measure all of them but pulled out a couple to test - they measured between 8.5 and 9.25 mL. Very not happy. :(

Oh and those child-proof bottles? Dear god I wanted to stab someone, it's a good thing I was the only one home at the time o_O

Thank you for the post, please do make sure to call Customer Service and we will hash it all out with you right away. ECX Customer Service: 1-888-418-2215

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

And it continues...

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I dont know if they are measuring by weight or amount, but something is definitely off..

Edd

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It kinda sucks because I didn't need to use customer service for a problem so I cannot comment on that part, but as far as customer service from processing / picking / and then shipping I couldn't have been happier.

I got a chance to use customer service. I ordered a few flavors they weren't FlavourArt but still..
Two were low, low enough I decided to contact customer service. So I took a photo before I opened anything and filled out a ticket. In less then 3 hours I had a response saying the were shipping replacements for the flavors that were low. The next day they shipped em out 3 days later they are in my hands.
I have made several orders from ECX without incident and this is the first time I used customer service and I couldn't expect anymore. Most excellent. While I hope I never have to use it again it's reassuring to know that if I do they will come through. So I am giving credit where it's due. Good job.

DarthVaper419

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Since my first order, that I had problems with, I ordered again from them and I admit the order went fine. I ordered from them, wizard lab and bull city on the same day. All 3 packages were about the same size and weight. I got all 3 packages in on the same day HOWEVER I paid between 2.80 and 3.75 for the wizard lab and bill city orders shipping, ecx charged me almost 12 bucks, so unless I have to I won't order from them again

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Since my first order, that I had problems with, I ordered again from them and I admit the order went fine. I ordered from them, wizard lab and bull city on the same day. All 3 packages were about the same size and weight. I got all 3 packages in on the same day HOWEVER I paid between 2.80 and 3.75 for the wizard lab and bill city orders shipping, ecx charged me almost 12 bucks, so unless I have to I won't order from them again
Did you order PG, VG or nic? That'd be the ONLY thing I can think of for that kind of shipping! WOW!

I've ordered from ECX since they started being active here and assuring us they'd take care of things. I've not had any issue since then. They've been on it.

DarthVaper419

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did you order PG, VG or nic? That'd be the ONLY thing I can think of for that kind of shipping! WOW!

I've ordered from ECX since they started being active here and assuring us they'd take care of things. I've not had any issue since then. They've been on it.
Flavors and bottles is all. Same size padded envelope I got from other 2 sites. Wish I took a pic

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
They charged you $12 shipping on that? That's TERRIBLE. I've never paid more than a few $ for flavors and some empty plastic bottles.

DarthVaper419

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They charged you $12 shipping on that? That's TERRIBLE. I've never paid more than a few $ for flavors and some empty plastic bottles.
Yessir. Was 11.xx actually not exactly 12. I was rather shocked too. Was the cheapest option available from them and they had flavors I needed and couldn't find elsewhere

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Question for you @Donovan (ECX Flavor Lab), do you know what would justify $12 shipping for just flavors? I realize you signed up here on your own free will, not to get kicked around, but you answer questions when we have them. So.... why so much for a flavor order?

DarthVaper419

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Question for you @Donovan (ECX Flavor Lab), do you know what would justify $12 shipping for just flavors? I realize you signed up here on your own free will, not to get kicked around, but you answer questions when we have them. So.... why so much for a flavor order?

My fault, it was 10.81. The order was for 1 10ml bottle, 2 1 dram bottle, and 100 10ml bottles. Same size package as my other orders yet significantly more expensive (by around $7!)

Bill@ecigExpress

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My fault, it was 10.81. The order was for 1 10ml bottle, 2 1 dram bottle, and 100 10ml bottles. Same size package as my other orders yet significantly more expensive (by around $7!)

Hey Darth, if you want to send me the order number I can look into the shipping method and cost and get back to you with why the charge was $10.81. Sorry, I have been traveling and had not logged into VU for a while. Did not mean for this to slip by us.

Hello there,

I am about to place an order at ECX and I wanted to know if all of the issues talked in this thread still occur. Previously, I ordered from BCV and did not have any issues. But I want to use the promotion code and cheaper shipping at ECX. Is it worthy to order from ECX and save a couple of bucks or spend a little more and be sure with BCV?

Another question, are TFA and ECX flavors the same?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hello there,

I am about to place an order at ECX and I wanted to know if all of the issues talked in this thread still occur. Previously, I ordered from BCV and did not have any issues. But I want to use the promotion code and cheaper shipping at ECX. Is it worthy to order from ECX and save a couple of bucks or spend a little more and be sure with BCV?

ECX Quickly remedied their situation from that time. I've not experienced issues since then, at all. ECX does stock some TFA flavorings, but they call them "Signature".

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello there,

"Signature" line is TFA.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
only problems ive had with ecx were bottles coming in leaking, sucks ass, but not as bad as getting skimped on the goods.
never had a reason to order from anyone else but thanks to this threads ill be more weary (sp?) next time and inspect more cautiously (sp?).

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Donovan (ECX Flavor Lab)

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
only problems ive had with ecx were bottles coming in leaking, sucks ass, but not as bad as getting skimped on the goods.
never had a reason to order from anyone else but thanks to this threads ill be more weary (sp?) next time and inspect more cautiously (sp?).

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

If you ever have leaks, I encourage you to file a ticket on our website so that we can get a replacement shipped out. 0 leaks is our goal, but sometimes with bottles that we don't re-package (CAP/LA/FLV), we inevitably see some leaks. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm happy to answer!

VU Sponsors