Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi everyone- waiting on a repair guy to come look at my dryer to see if it can be fixed, isn't drying clothes. Waiting on another repair guy for estimates on my siding,some trim and some roofing that got torn off during the wind storm we had a few weeks back. My house looks like it went through the war,could have been worse- at least we didn't have any trees fall on it!
Hope @misswish and @Huckleberried kitties are doing Ok!

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning! Sorry I didn't get back here last night, busy-busy. We got Murphy home!!! Still weak, but eating and drinking and using the box. Not ready for the back yard yet. We got lots of cuddling and purring, she's so glad to be home. Meds 3 times a day, monitor input & output. Vets are very expensive! But she is very worth it, of course. Have to take daughter's kitty in for a check-up in a bit. Her neighbor feeds feral cats, so of course came after Cali. Who is not a fighter, got chomped at the base of her tail a few times while running away. Good thing she was up to date on her shots. She's doing fine now, just looks battered, lol. Any of you in the path of the storms, please stay safe! Be extra careful and cautious!
birdmorning.jpg

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Morning! Sorry I didn't get back here last night, busy-busy. We got Murphy home!!! Still weak, but eating and drinking and using the box. Not ready for the back yard yet. We got lots of cuddling and purring, she's so glad to be home. Meds 3 times a day, monitor input & output. Vets are very expensive! But she is very worth it, of course. Have to take daughter's kitty in for a check-up in a bit. Her neighbor feeds feral cats, so of course came after Cali. Who is not a fighter, got chomped at the base of her tail a few times while running away. Good thing she was up to date on her shots. She's doing fine now, just looks battered, lol. Any of you in the path of the storms, please stay safe! Be extra careful and cautious!
View attachment 78792
Aw, I'm glad Murphy is back home. TLC will help her, too, and I'm sure there's no shortage of that. Penny is eating her regular food, a little, and some of the food they sent her home with. Blood work and exams - all normal, so they have no idea what caused her body temp to drop like it did. I took her in for a suspected UTI, but she doesn't have that either. Too bad they can't tell us. Glad to hear your daughter's baby is also on the mend.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hi @Countrypami - just a quick question- what happened to my quit cigarettes banner? I am not sure why it is not showing up?
Snap, I'm not sure... have you tried re-loading it? Sometimes the link breaks if it was uploaded from something like imgur or photobucket.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Morning Pami

Sleep-Meme-Baby.jpg

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 78792
I'm so happy Murphy is home with her Momma! Speedy recovery Murphy! Hugs & kisses!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Aw, I'm glad Murphy is back home. TLC will help her, too, and I'm sure there's no shortage of that. Penny is eating her regular food, a little, and some of the food they sent her home with. Blood work and exams - all normal, so they have no idea what caused her body temp to drop like it did. I took her in for a suspected UTI, but she doesn't have that either. Too bad they can't tell us. Glad to hear your daughter's baby is also on the mend.
Happy that Penny's on the mend! Lots of hugs for Penny!

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Tornado watch til 10, had thunderstorms with damaging winds a couple hours ago. Now it's settling to just windy. Feels awesome out. Good timing for.my lunch break.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Be safe!

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, Huck, it would be so much easier if they could tell us what's wrong! I'm glad Penny is starting to eat, very encouraging. Sometimes I wonder about those tests. The vet was quoting me over $700 that first day, for tests, and she couldn't even tell me what was wrong yet! Mini rant, sorry.....
You guys stay safe, that's an order! Don't fool around with Mother Nature, ok? Hugs to you all and sweet dreams!
only thurs kitty.jpg

Attachments

• hapFri.jpg
    hapFri.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 7

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yes, Huck, it would be so much easier if they could tell us what's wrong! I'm glad Penny is starting to eat, very encouraging. Sometimes I wonder about those tests. The vet was quoting me over $700 that first day, for tests, and she couldn't even tell me what was wrong yet! Mini rant, sorry.....
You guys stay safe, that's an order! Don't fool around with Mother Nature, ok? Hugs to you all and sweet dreams!
View attachment 78845
Right?! Penny's bill was much lower at 200 & change to find out she is the picture of health, LOL! Something wasn't right, but I'm glad to see her eating better and no foreseeable health issues.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Rainy morning here- supposed to get cold with some wet snow here tomorrow! Next week looks like some warmer weather 60's and 70's! Yippeeee!
Dryer is fixed-yeah, now I have to do laundry-boo ! Oh well, rainy outside so a nice day to get some chores done inside!
Glad to hear the Kitties are doing better, yes I know how expensive vet bills can be- Pearl was up over $500.00 and still they wanted to do more testing to find out what was wrong and was quoted around $1,000.00 with no guarantee that she would ever walk again. I love my animals too, but there comes a point, where do I draw the line? I feel bad that money has a part of my decision , but I knew in my heart I was making the right choice.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I love my animals too, but there comes a point, where do I draw the line? I feel bad that money has a part of my decision , but I knew in my heart I was making the right choice.
No no no... don't you feel badly. We do what we can for them, but there comes a point that it feels like it's more to them. Many of us have been in those shoes. We help them so they don't suffer. To not be the cause of their suffering is also a show of love. :hug:

Did that come out right?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
No no no... don't you feel badly. We do what we can for them, but there comes a point that it feels like it's more to them. Many of us have been in those shoes. We help them so they don't suffer. To not be the cause of their suffering is also a show of love. :hug:

Did that come out right?
You stated it Perfectly and I meant No worry at your statement- I just feel bad that some of my decision was financial- what if they could have found out what was wrong if I paid enough money? She was still a young dog, almost 10 years old and a good doggie too.But like you stated, I didn't want her to suffer and to hold on for what if.....
It is just such a hard choice to make. When is it too much, did I do the right thing?
:hug:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You stated it Perfectly and I meant No worry at your statement- I just feel bad that some of my decision was financial- what if they could have found out what was wrong if I paid enough money? She was still a young dog, almost 10 years old and a good doggie too.But like you stated, I didn't want her to suffer and to hold on for what if.....
It is just such a hard choice to make. When is it too much, did I do the right thing?
:hug:
It's never easy for we love them so much. Most importantly they were/are loved & are no longer in pain. :hug:I miss my Bebe so much also.

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I hope everyone survived the weather last night. Strangely enough Lee county had a tornado today with out any weather warnings or anything. Luckily everyone is ok it destroyed one trailer and moved some other things around. This happened 45 minutes from where I live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I hope everyone survived the weather last night. Strangely enough Lee county had a tornado today with out any weather warnings or anything. Luckily everyone is ok it destroyed one trailer and moved some other things around. This happened 45 minutes from where I live.

Glad you are OK! Very scary! :hug:
We had high winds where I live a few weeks ago- over 85mph and knocked out power lines ,trees, lots of damage. We went 5 days without power with temps in the 20's, just awful and that wasn't even a tornado!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Damn! Glad you're ok, too.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Lucky you & others are ok.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Glad you are all ok, scary stuff! Murphy is eating like a pig today, not sleeping as much as she did yesterday. Being cuddly, too, I love it. We picked up the girls and went to bead meeting this afternoon, had a good time. Had grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner (and heartburn). Jury duty tomorrow. Hugs to all! hapFri.jpg

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Glad you are all ok, scary stuff! Murphy is eating like a pig today, not sleeping as much as she did yesterday. Being cuddly, too, I love it. We picked up the girls and went to bead meeting this afternoon, had a good time. Had grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner (and heartburn). Jury duty tomorrow. Hugs to all! View attachment 78903
So happy Murphy is well! Eating like a pig is good!

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good evening! Pami, I think bi-polar is a great description, fits well. Murphy took her first stroll outside, right over to the newly planted barrel. You know what cats do in the dirt? Yep. I thought Mom was going faint, her new plants! I quickly cleaned, and put a mini trellis over the barrel while the cat took off for the bedroom. Fun times. Made breakfast burritos for dinner, yummy. See you all tomorrow, many hugs.
Every-Day-Is-Caturday.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors