Fizzy effect/sensation

yamada

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hi everyone

i've been DIY for around 2 years. recently, i have been trying to achieve this sensation. i've heard TPA champagne, mountain dew and still cannot figure out the % and also not clear if those actually truly gave the sensation. Any pros could help me out here? cheers

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The Mountain Dew flavoring is very strong to me. I keep it at about 1% in mixes, though somelike it at 2% or more. I've not had the Champagne flavor. I've used FA Cola and it's weird how it plays tricks and makes you think Fizzy. I've used that one at 2%.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got the champagne but haven't used it yet. I believe that @Daintanee has, though. She'd be able to tell you about that.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried fa wine/champagne. I think I did a review on it in the diy reviews. I do get a slight fizz at the top of my mouth at 2%, but not a lot. I'll mix some up at 3 or 4% & get back to you. I have not tried tfa. I have TFA mountain dew, but have to use it at 2-3% to get a fizz and I don't like the flavor...I detest mountain dew, but I think it has more of a fizz imo than fa wine/champagne.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have used TFA Champagne @ low percents with some of my cola mixes in hopes of boosting the fizzy effect but imo, it's slight at best. That said however, it's not a bad addition when used sparingly. I haven't tried FA Champagne yet.

ETA: Much like Huck, I find TFA Mountain Dew to be a pretty bold flavor and for that reason, I haven't attempted to use it to try and get a fizzy effect in other mixes but maybe I should give it a shot. :)

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It is the Cola Syrup that gives fizz.. start at 4% and work your way up..

Hmm, not in my experience ... I've tried many colas including TFA Cola Syrup and imho, it's only so-so as a cola flavor and really doesn't have any fizz effect that I could detect.

Is TFA the manufacturer you were referencing?

This is just my opinion of course which is worth probably as much as you paid for it.. :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I guess the saying is we all taste things differently.. tfa is the maker.. and I do mix other colas into it..
I have made more bubbly sodas than most anything.. I am sorry for those that can not pick up on bubbles..

i use TFA Cola Syrup between 4-8% depending on the recipe.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the confirmation on the source Smoky.

Additionally, now that you've mentioned it, I don't believe I've tried compounding with TFA Cola Syrup as I have with other colas. I was a little disappointed in it as a standalone flavor so it never struck me to try it in combination with other cola flavors. That might be worth trying. If nothing else, it would at least provide me with an opportunity to use up some of that flavor I still have on hand! :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the confirmation on the source Smoky.

Additionally, now that you've mentioned it, I don't believe I've tried compounding with TFA Cola Syrup as I have with other colas. I was a little disappointed in it as a standalone flavor so it never struck me to try it in combination with other cola flavors. That might be worth trying. If nothing else, it would at least provide me with an opportunity to use up some of that flavor I still have on hand! :)

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/fa-wine-champagne.55033/

If you are interested. Also I just mixed this at 4% and will share my findings tonight as I haven't tested above 3% yet.

Someone else has to do tfa mountain dew. You can't make me:eek:!

until the wine is redone, will wait for fa champagne.. ;)

but it is easy to build up a soda bubble :p and yes adding more than one type also gives a depth and taste sensation..
can't give out more percentages, but i love to play follow the leader with mine.. :D

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice, Thanks for the link and the review D!

lol, I'm willing to give MD a try, for the sake of science. :)

Is it just the regular MD ( soda ) you don't like or do you not like any of the MD ( soda ) flavors? I especially like MD Livewire; it has a touch of orange in it.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I have a ton of recipes for soda's.. but the fa wines have d and a.p. and I can taste it..
so I can do them.. my next project is to find all my soda recipes and sort thru them...
will see what all I can share when i do.. :)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice, Thanks for the link and the review D!

lol, I'm willing to give MD a try, for the sake of science. :)

Is it just the regular MD ( soda ) you don't like or do you not like any of the MD ( soda ) flavors? I especially like MD Livewire; it has a touch of orange in it.
I used to drink it by the 2 litter as a teen. Husband drinks it 4-5 cans daily. I can no longer stand to drink it and I can only use it under 1.5% in a recipe. I made a mojito I need to post with it.

As for fa wine/ champagne, there are no warnings of it having the d word nor a word I can find. @Smoky Blue , I'll check the fa site. There were no warnings at Bull city.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's one soft drink I absolutely cannot stand! I've tried to make myself like it - but didn't work, I'd rather be thirsty....lol!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I used to drink it by the 2 litter as a teen. Husband drinks it 4-5 cans daily. I can no longer stand to drink it and I can only use it under 1.5% in a recipe. I made a mojito I need to post with it.

As for fa wine/ champagne, there are no warnings of it having the d word nor a word I can find. @Smoky Blue , I'll check the fa site. There were no warnings at Bull city.

hmm there are warnings still on ecx..v @Donovan (ECX Flavor Lab)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fyi, even at 4% FA Wine Champagne has a very light effervescent effect, especially compared to tfa mountain dew imho. @NGAHaze you can try a higher % for science.

Mojito

1.25% -1.5% TFA mountain dew
1.25%- 1.5% FA Jamaican Rum
1% FA Lime cold pressed
.5% FA Lime Tahiti
.5% FA Spearamint

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are. That is odd. Someone's lying, yes? Not sure who, all I can say is I can't handle caps custard s or vanillas even there v2 varieties. Are d and custard notes different?

yamada

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for all the replies everyone, very helpful and nice folks around here. I'm just planning to add fizzy sensation to cola, redbull and orange mix. I'm just afraid by adding say a little of cola into orange it will completely destroy the orange flavor.

Hopefully, Smoky Blue, Daintanee can update on their experiment.

ps how do u tag someone? @<nick> ? :p

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's one soft drink I absolutely cannot stand! I've tried to make myself like it - but didn't work, I'd rather be thirsty....lol!

lol, I understand but that kinda begs the following response ....

Be thirsty my friend! :p

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for all the replies everyone, very helpful and nice folks around here. I'm just planning to add fizzy sensation to cola, redbull and orange mix. I'm just afraid by adding say a little of cola into orange it will completely destroy the orange flavor.

if you are talking on mixing a "fizzy sensation to cola, redbull and orange mix"..

i'd skip adding redbull and go with tfa mt dew/citrus, tfa cola syrup and fa Orange with fw ecto cooler..
you will have to find your own percentages, but those are the flavorings i'd go with..

yamada

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Smoky Blue I mean individual flavors not all 3 to mix in and add the fizzy sensation :p

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
@Smoky Blue I mean individual flavors not all 3 to mix in and add the fizzy sensation :p

I already said what works with me, those are your flavors, not mine.. and the only way you can really be sure is by doing it yourself.
Play with your flavors and discover it yourself. :)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Hmmm, I have fa cola, and I believe that @HeadInClouds has mixed it successfully with citrus. I haven't tried it. I bet you could mix tfa mountain dew with orange to get your fizzy. Oh, and if you look at my signature, HIC has an orange soda recipe for sale on his site, I haven't yet purchased or tried that yet, but his recipes are very good and worth buying. He has a thread going here if you are interested.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-mixes-diy-recipes-store.54921/unread

yamada

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
wow $3 for a recipe :(

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
wow $3 for a recipe :(
I've bought quite a few. Not only that, but he includes notes. It's a great way to learn imo. He uses mostly all flavour Art. Many stopped sharing here due to vendors and others selling posted recipes. I personally enjoy learning from Hic and now I still can.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I believe the main fa site says they both still have it, too, @StuPot but it has been a while since i looked for info there..

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fyi, even at 4% FA Wine Champagne has a very light effervescent effect, especially compared to tfa mountain dew imho. @NGAHaze you can try a higher % for science.

Mojito

1.25% -1.5% TFA mountain dew
1.25%- 1.5% FA Jamaican Rum
1% FA Lime cold pressed
.5% FA Lime Tahiti
.5% FA Spearamint

Hey @Daintanee, just wanted to let you know this Mojito is quite good! I'm vaping it right now in fact. I've never had a real Mojito so I can't comment on it's similarity to the real thing but regardless, it's a nice vape. Thank You!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's strange... I asked FA UK to stock red and white wine and got told no because they contain Diacetyl.
3 flavors...red wine, white wine, and wine/champagne. However, I'm not sure of what the truth is concerning any of the 3.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey @Daintanee, just wanted to let you know this Mojito is quite good! I'm vaping it right now in fact. I've never had a real Mojito so I can't comment on it's similarity to the real thing but regardless, it's a nice vape. Thank You!
Oh, I forgot to add vape fresh. Not sure if potency changes with time on that lime. Thank you sir!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did check on the wine/champagne at fa site, but I purchased from ecigexpress, so mine probably has the bad notes, however it is not a flavor I vape often.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
the 2 wines (red and white) have diacetyl.. the wine/champagne is clear.. hope they work to get the wines fixed soon :)
i miss my sangria..

edit: all 3 wines on ecx has the bad stuff.. @Donovan (ECX Flavor Lab)

Last edited:

yamada

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No offense folks, I know HIC has a high knowledge for brewing excellent juice but even if HIC sell recipes, I'd bet the vendors have the money to buy every one of them though. If you're saying HIC deserve the hardwork, sure I would understand :D

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No offense folks, I know HIC has a high knowledge for brewing excellent juice but even if HIC sell recipes, I'd bet the vendors have the money to buy every one of them though. If you're saying HIC deserve the hardwork, sure I would understand :D
Yeah, it all kinda sucks, guess we can all only do what we can do. I'm sure if he found out he'd have a leg to stand on legally speaking.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh and I do get a fizzy with mountain dew. Only other I have is fa cola. I'll give it a go at 3% in a bit.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fa cola at 3% tasted like rc cola imho. Lightly fizzy to me, but didn't change out my cotton so it has a hint of lemon custard taste still from fa custard. I was just checking fizzy level for u.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I purchase a recipe that I think I'll like and end up liking it, I can make that $3 last FOREVER. Quite a bargain, imo. There's some YUMS to be had!
No joke, and where are you gonna get a $3-$5 bottle of juice that tastes THAT GOOD??
Yeah, it all kinda sucks, guess we can all only do what we can do. I'm sure if he found out he'd have a leg to stand on legally speaking.
I'm sure if he's in business selling them, there are copyrights floating around in there somewhere. I just hate it that there are thieves out there with no conscience or respect.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No joke, and where are you gonna get a $3-$5 bottle of juice that tastes THAT GOOD??

I'm sure if he's in business selling them, there are copyrights floating around in there somewhere. I just hate it that there are thieves out there with no conscience or respect.
HIC is smart. I'm sure he's protected. I'm sure that's why he went the way he did. He's a good researcher. I'm sure he's dotted all his I's and crossed his t' s!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i am so not saying a word..
other than I hope everyone gets a chance to play with the bubbles and enjoys them..
fa cola is like a flat diet soda to me.. compared to what I mix.. and i do use it in some as a layer.. and not in others..
depends on the effects i am going for.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
lol, see I love FA Cola ... I think it is miles better than TFA Cola Syrup. :)

Gotta love having multiple options right?

dannydestroy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was looking for an a fizzy element. Thanks for the thread. It seems like champagne is the ingredient. I'm looking for an add to a grape soda and Mt dew. Pop if you're from Michigan.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I was looking for an a fizzy element. Thanks for the thread. It seems like champagne is the ingredient. I'm looking for an add to a grape soda and Mt dew. Pop if you're from Michigan.

champagne is dry compared to cola syrup.. and i'd never use it with mt dew..
but if it works for you, and you are happy with it.. that's all that matters.. :)
playing with flavors, you can learn a bunch, specially if you do them one and a time.

VU Sponsors