FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

Zeeli

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My Bull City order came in today! Not sure what the age group in this place is but my FA Cola... smells just like RC Cola! OK 15 more flavors to sniff! And another order in the mail some where.

Zeeli

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not really sure I like chemically made chocolate.. smells odd. Taste odd. But I want to make HIC's Soma Cookies. [My favorite girl scout cookie]

Honey smells good.. and strong!

Hazelnut stinks!
Walnut smells decent.
Rum smells aaawwee sooommmeee!
White Peach smells like a candy peach to me, but tastes great on the finger!
Vanilla Bourbon..mmmm!
Oh Banana! Yup, it's banana!
Custard smells.. yum!
Irish Cream, yup, that's Irish Cream for sure.
Butterscotch, not sure how to describe it..it has a burnt caramel scent.
Vanilla Classic smells like Vanilla extract, almost.

Thats all till the next order comes in.

Off to shoot my kid in Call of Duty!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Zeeli...

Honey smells good.. and strong! Straight up honey flavor. VERY STRONG, use very little or make a dilution. Really, it's strong!

Hazelnut stinks! But, OH so yum!
Walnut smells decent. For me, it takes a few days to calm down. Very useful flavoring.
Rum smells aaawwee sooommmeee! Just ask @wllmc how much he likes this flavor ;)
White Peach smells like a candy peach to me, but tastes great on the finger! Very good!
Vanilla Bourbon..mmmm! You can't say anything bad about any FA Vanilla!
Oh Banana! Yup, it's banana! Has a huge fan base.
Custard smells.. yum! It's lightly lemony, but very good, highly used in man y recipes.
Irish Cream, yup, that's Irish Cream for sure. Very true flavor.
Butterscotch, not sure how to describe it..it has a burnt caramel scent. Kinda light, good mixer.
Vanilla Classic smells like Vanilla extract, almost. I won't go without this flavor or the FA Cookie. Nope. Not doin' it.

Last edited:

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been buying my FA flavors from RTS for convenience, which limits me to 10ml. I see that EcigExpress stocks 30ml sizes and has much better prices. Any negative experiences with EcigExpress? Thanks in advance.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been buying my FA flavors from RTS for convenience, which limits me to 10ml. I see that EcigExpress stocks 30ml sizes and has much better prices. Any negative experiences with EcigExpress? Thanks in advance.

Did something change with RTS? I don't understand why you would be limited to 10ml. Anyway there's also Eliquid Mart and Pure Vapes for sizes > 10ml.

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There have been complaints about Ecig shorting bottles / broken / leaking bottles lately, but my experience has been positive with them. Right now it seems you are taking a chance with them but they are under tighter scrutiny which may lead to better customer service.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did something change with RTS? I don't understand why you would be limited to 10ml. Anyway there's also Eliquid Mart and Pure Vapes for sizes > 10ml.
There have been complaints about Ecig shorting bottles / broken / leaking bottles lately, but my experience has been positive with them. Right now it seems you are taking a chance with them but they are under tighter scrutiny which may lead to better customer service.

My bad. I was thinking of a different site. RTS does have bigger sizes. Gonna check out these other two also before my next order. Thank you for the comments.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey all! Say I wanted a real tart vape, no sweetness. What fa flavors would you suggest? I don't believe I like madd fruit. It doesn't give my tastebuds tartness. I mixed some mad fruit with lemon silicy, lime c.p., citrus mix, mandarins, and raspberry....too. didn't work for me? Which fa flavors have a nice tart taste standalone? If I wanted a tart fruit cream, would I be better off with fa custard or fresh cream?

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey all! Say I wanted a real tart vape, no sweetness. What fa flavors would you suggest? I don't believe I like madd fruit. It doesn't give my tastebuds tartness. I mixed some mad fruit with lemon silicy, lime c.p., citrus mix, mandarins, and raspberry....too. didn't work for me? Which fa flavors have a nice tart taste standalone? If I wanted a tart fruit cream, would I be better off with fa custard or fresh cream?
Lime Tahiti Distilled has a somewhat tart air about it. I'm sure some would say it's sweet.
I don't recall who's recipe this is but I have been vaping it on and off all day for it's palate cleansing effect. It tastes good too.

Lime cookie

FA Lime Tahity Distilled 4%
FA Cookie 2%

To 2ml of it in a tank I just added 2 drops TFA Sweettart and 1 drop TFA Sour. I believe it might get you at least partially to where your going and with the cookie you might not have to use a cream.

My two cents worth.

Edited to add the Distilled to the lime to avoid confusion.

Last edited:

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lime Tahiti Distilled has a somewhat tart air about it. I'm sure some would say it's sweet.
I don't recall who's recipe this is but I have been vaping it on and off all day for it's palate cleansing effect. It tastes good too.

Lime cookie

FA Lime Tahity Distilled 4%
FA Cookie 2%

To 2ml of it in a tank I just added 2 drops TFA Sweettart and 1 drop TFA Sour. I believe it might get you at least partially to where your going and with the cookie you might not have to use a cream.

My two cents worth.

Edited to add the Distilled to the lime to avoid confusion.
Thanks! I don't have any sour nor sweet n tart. I made up a base and threw some in a tank with lemon silicy about 3%, not too shabby. I did another small tank with citrus mix, but the orange in it is too sweet. Guess it's about time I tried the flavors standalone. When I order more ill get some sour and sweet and tart. I'll try lime standalone next. Wllmc a lemon lime creamy goodness was pretty good. Oh I don't have Tahiti lime, I'll try the cold pressed. I tried adding lemon juice/white vinegar and don't notice much different. That lime cookie sounds good. I've just had too much sweet lately. I used to like flavor west blood orange... It was nice and tart. Thanks caddisfly:)

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks! I don't have any sour nor sweet n tart. I made up a base and threw some in a tank with lemon silicy about 3%, not too shabby. I did another small tank with citrus mix, but the orange in it is too sweet. Guess it's about time I tried the flavors standalone. When I order more ill get some sour and sweet and tart. I'll try lime standalone next. Wllmc a lemon lime creamy goodness was pretty good. Oh I don't have Tahiti lime, I'll try the cold pressed. I tried adding lemon juice/white vinegar and don't notice much different. That lime cookie sounds good. I've just had too much sweet lately. I used to like flavor west blood orange... It was nice and tart. Thanks caddisfly:)
Your post intrigued me so I had to see what I could do. The Lime cookie was handy. It worked. I'm not sure which is better, with or with the tart and sour ingredients. They're both good.

The two limes from FA are as different as night and day, flavor wise.The Cold Pressed I think of as an ingredient in another flavors recipe. The
Distilled I think of as the star of a recipe assenting to accept certain supporting flavors. (the cookie and the tarts).

The Lime Tahiti Distilled/cookie juice I tested this in was made Nov. 29th so I guess it keeps its flavor well. I've read that the Cold Pressed tends to fade with time. My experience is too limited to say this is so, but I throw it out as something to consider. I haven't noticed any fading of the TFA additives in my other mixes.

Good luck and when you succeed let us know.

Zeeli

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I made up a batch of ethyl maltol tonight for the cotton candy effect. 1/4 teaspoon to 10 mls of pg. Anyone have a rough stand a long % to get the flavor unto my vape? Is this stuff to be treated like FA flavors and mixed with low %'s?

Thanks!

Blewt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I usually just use EM as a sweetener or to round out other flavors. It's good with Tobacco Absolute if you can find the good stuff :)

I mixed up some FA Oba Oba today at about 10% for the first time. I added it to my last order as just something new to try. It's pretty yummy. I've tasted it in other people's juices and didn't know what it was. Good stuff just by itself but it will be fun to play around with in other mixes.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My thought about the Lime CP is not so much that it fades, as it calms down. It could just be my taste buds, too. Quite tart in the beginning, then mellows. I've used it so much more than I thought I would. I haven't used my Lime Tahiti yet, but I haven't had it very long, either.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow thanks guys! I tried lime c.p. standalone, not bad. I really enjoyed HICs Lemon Meringue Pie. I am still amazed it's exactly like lemon meringue pie! When I began mixing I dove right in to everyone's recipes. So, I didn't try anything standalone besides the 3 vanillas as that was my thing. I tried raspberry standalone at 3%…nice and tart, then added a bit of fresh cream....very nice. Guess I do things backwards. Will try mandarine standalone next. But first I'm trying some of HICs Lemon cardamom custard. Anything other than lime Tahiti I should put in my cart for tartness? I'm putting in fig and blackcurrant too.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If you like kiwi, you'll like it. And it's a bit tart. HIC posted Green HIC-envape with it, and it's quite tasty.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC? I looked everywhere & couldn't find your lemon cardamom custard recipe, but I have it written down. I just wanted to say I'm hooked (line fish & sinker) on this baby! Woo hoot!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Was that the Ginger Brulee? I know HIC posted that and a Lemon Ginger cookie around the same time. The brulee had Catalan and ginger in it, though. I'm curious now, lol.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So tell me flavourart club, Im I imagining a lemon taste in my vienna cream??
I love the torrone, the catalan cream, and the vanilla classic, but the custard and vienna have an odd lemon taste that I cant get past. I was aware of the custard thanks to HICs notes, but im surprised about the vienna.

Am I using too much maybe? do they need a long steep like cap custard? My experimental single flavor mixes are at 6% standalone in all vg, used in airy rdas.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So tell me flavourart club, Im I imagining a lemon taste in my vienna cream??
I love the torrone, the catalan cream, and the vanilla classic, but the custard and vienna have an odd lemon taste that I cant get past. I was aware of the custard thanks to HICs notes, but im surprised about the vienna.

Am I using too much maybe? do they need a long steep like cap custard? My experimental single flavor mixes are at 6% standalone in all vg, used in airy rdas.

Dunno about the juice, but actual Vienna cream does have lemon in it, though just a little.

Kelzan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just did my first order for some Flavour Art flavors. This should get me going. I will be doing another order soon for another 20+ as soon as he gets the ones i wanted in. Monday can't come fast enough :)

Acetyl Pyrazine

Bilberry

Butterscotch

Cappuccino

Caramel

Catalan Cream

Chocolate

Cinnamon Ceylon

Cocoa

Cookie

Custard

Espresso

Fresh Cream

Grape Concord

Hazelnut

Irish Cream

Jamaica Special (Jamaica Rhum)

Mandarin

Marshmallow

Meringue

Orange

Oba Oba

Raspberry

Strawberry

Tiramasu

Bourbon (Vanilla Bourbon)

Vanilla Classic

Vanilla Tahity

Vienna Cream

Last edited:

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello club members! :) One year ago today I had my last cigarette on my way to local B&M where I picked up an Ego-T with a cheap clearo and a bottle of 555 for $40. I'd say it was money well spent even though the juice was horrible and I could have got the hardware for half price online. :p

I just wanted to share, so I'll also share a recipe that I've been enjoying lately. It's for those that aren't afraid of the dark. ;) @Edd bet you'd like this one.

Off to Never-Never Land
Dark Vapure 1%
Maxx Blend 1%
Cuban Supream 0.5%
Virginia 0.5%
Coconut 0.5%
Papaya 0.25%

Needs to steep for a couple weeks for the papaya to meld in and the sweetness of the maxx to come out.
I got my Virginia Flavor this morning and mixed up your Off to Never-Never Land Tobacco. Pretty tasty stuff. What do you mean I got to wait until February? Sigh...Okay.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I finally, at long last tried the one FA ecig flavor I'd never tried before: Cigar Passion.
I mixed it at 2% and diluted it down to 1.5%.
I'll be back when I finish this bottle. Dang, that's way better than I anticipated!

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm early in my transition from TFA to FA. Desert Ship was my first, which I like very much to add spice to RY4 Double + Tobacco Absolute.

My first FA fruit is White Peach and I'm delighted with it, even as a single ingredient. I'm thinking of adding Rum or Bourbon too.

But White Peach has really got me dreaming of a peach pie or cobbler. Anybody attempted one?

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I finally, at long last tried the one FA ecig flavor I'd never tried before: Cigar Passion.
I mixed it at 2% and diluted it down to 1.5%.
I'll be back when I finish this bottle. Dang, that's way better than I anticipated!
What do you taste in it?

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
What do you taste in it?

It's really variable, depending on the percent I use and my voltage. I'm about to try different nic base - bet it'll be different again. I haven't found flavors in it that I don't like. I'll have to document all this and write a proper review, but I think fans of Cuban Supreme would like it. Fresh mixed Cigar Passion is similar to fresh mixed Cuban Supreme minus the vanilla...plus some caramel-coffeeness. But it's much more variable than Cuban, which makes it more fun for me.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've saved lots of recipes in an evernote file. Some I have, of course, made. Some were for the future when I got the flavors.

I was scrolling through the recipes and realized I can make almost all of them now! Just short a couple of things for a couple of recipes mostly a TFAs.

Now what shall I make next. I need more attys.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was that the Ginger Brulee? I know HIC posted that and a Lemon Ginger cookie around the same time. The brulee had Catalan and ginger in it, though. I'm curious now, lol.
No. It's lemon silicy, custard, and cardamom. I think it's somewhere in this thread. I'm to page 130 now. I don't have ginger, and no cookie in this. I'm sure it's somewhere b4 page 100. It's sooo good. I'll post it in here what I wrote down if HIC says it's ok to do so.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok off the wall question lol which menthol to use - has anyone tried the FA Arctic Winter??

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's interesting. I also have an Italian Cream cake recipe that contains ZERO cinnamon. Tball made it and tasted VERY STRONG cinnamon. With that said, I do get a hint of cinnamon in the Golden Oreo recipe, not strong. In the Italian Cream one I don't taste cinnamon at all. I'm assuming it's coming from the Cheesecake part, but can't explain it. So you taste Hazelnut. Funny how our taste buds work!
I taste spice, I think cinnamon and maybe ginger and or nutmeg? In as little as 1% in that TFA cheesecake Graham crust.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my Virginia Flavor this morning and mixed up your Off to Never-Never Land Tobacco. Pretty tasty stuff. What do you mean I got to wait until February? Sigh...Okay.

For me the Papaya was a little too up front at first. After a couple weeks it seemed to meld in better. Glad you like it, you must be one of the few (like me and Edd) that aren't put off by Dark Vapure.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well I'm odd I reckon. What taste do u get from it? I cut it in 1/2 or more in receipes. I didn't steep it. Curious as to what u taste
I was shooting for Italian Cream Cake in that one. The cake effect didn't pop out like I'd hoped. For me, it was a creamy fluffy coconut something or other, lol. I didn't get any hints of spices at all from it. After a while, the coconut and nut mix became kind of buttery tasting, in an odd way, so when I make that one, I keep it to a fairly small bottle. I used to mix it in with HIC's Tiramisu Cheesecake, too.

VU Sponsors