Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you taste in it?
It's really variable, depending on the percent I use and my voltage. I'm about to try different nic base - bet it'll be different again. I haven't found flavors in it that I don't like. I'll have to document all this and write a proper review, but I think fans of Cuban Supreme would like it. Fresh mixed Cigar Passion is similar to fresh mixed Cuban Supreme minus the vanilla...plus some caramel-coffeeness. But it's much more variable than Cuban, which makes it more fun for me.

As it steeps it will develop a definite cedar kind of spiciness. You can likely discern it now, if you think about it.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah there is something weird in it for sure downInTn :confused: so it maybe cedar I am tastingo_O any suggestions on what could be added to mellow that out?

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was shooting for Italian Cream Cake in that one. The cake effect didn't pop out like I'd hoped. For me, it was a creamy fluffy coconut something or other, lol. I didn't get any hints of spices at all from it. After a while, the coconut and nut mix became kind of buttery tasting, in an odd way, so when I make that one, I keep it to a fairly small bottle. I used to mix it in with HIC's Tiramisu Cheesecake, too.
I didn't mean the recipe of yours in particular. Sombrero cat posted her recipe cats pajamas w tfa cheesecake graham crust and I also tasted the spice in that. I was wondering what u taste in the tfa cheesecake graham crust standalone:)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I didn't mean the recipe of yours in particular. Sombrero cat posted her recipe cats pajamas w tfa cheesecake graham crust and I also tasted the spice in that. I was wondering what u taste in the tfa cheesecake graham crust standalone:)
Ohh. I taste light cheesecake with graham crust and coconut.

Reactions: Edd

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
(regarding FA Cigar Passion)
As it steeps it will develop a definite cedar kind of spiciness. You can likely discern it now, if you think about it.

I taste a woody note, but I wouldn't call it cedar. When I think "cedar" I imagine hamster cages, and thankfully don't taste that. :eek:
I appreciate the warning! I will vape faster and age less of it. That sounds terrible, but I really like it fresh.
Irish Cream might be good with this. :D

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For me the Papaya was a little too up front at first. After a couple weeks it seemed to meld in better. Glad you like it, you must be one of the few (like me and Edd) that aren't put off by Dark Vapure.
Not at all put off by it. For years, I rolled my own cigs from pipe tobacco to save on California taxes and I grew to like it. Now I can enjoy full flavored tobacco and can still breathe. Right after you posted that recipe I mixed up your Cigar Maxx and Montecristo # 2.. I've got Cigar Maxx in my big tank now. It's excellent. The Montecristo has a strong coffee flavor to it and I'm not sure I like it, but will let it age and see. Thanks for the recipes.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
(regarding FA Cigar Passion)

I taste a woody note, but I wouldn't call it cedar. When I think "cedar" I imagine hamster cages, and thankfully don't taste that. :eek:
I appreciate the warning! I will vape faster and age less of it. That sounds terrible, but I really like it fresh.
Irish Cream might be good with this. :D

Euuu, hamster cages doesn't sound good LOL. I think more like the smell of fresh cut cedar. You'll see 'cedar notes' in many cigar descriptions. Whatever you do, don't heat steep unless you want a strong cedar flavor. Irish Cream does sound good, I'll have to try that!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Add it to some of their egg yolk and ham, and you'll have an omelette vape.
Dude. Those waves are big!

Beach Balls

4% FA Coconut
3% FA Lime Tahiti Cold Pressed
2% FA White Peach
1% FA Jamacia Rum

My take on the standby "Lime in de Coconut"

The coconut and lime. What else?

The White peach. At least I think it is White Peach. I ordered white peach, the packing slip says white peach, but the bottle is labeled Peach. No white in the name. E-Liquid Mart has been know to make mistakes. They once sent me someone else's order. I got to keep it for a token payment and they sent mine the next day. They're cool that way. Anyway, the "Peach" is for it's sweetness. I can't taste peach too well, so in the end it didn't matter.

The Rum. Liquid courage, Dude!

Shake and vape, but better after a day.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude. Those waves are big!

Beach Balls

4% FA Coconut
3% FA Lime Tahiti Cold Pressed
2% FA White Peach
1% FA Jamacia Rum

My take on the standby "Lime in de Coconut"

The coconut and lime. What else?

The White peach. At least I think it is White Peach. I ordered white peach, the packing slip says white peach, but the bottle is labeled Peach. No white in the name. E-Liquid Mart has been know to make mistakes. They once sent me someone else's order. I got to keep it for a token payment and they sent mine the next day. They're cool that way. Anyway, the "Peach" is for it's sweetness. I can't taste peach too well, so in the end it didn't matter.

The Rum. Liquid courage, Dude!

Shake and vape, but better after a day.
Okay wait... is it lime Tahiti distilled or lime cold pressed?

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The confusion on Lime comes from rebottling. Purevapes leaves off the Tahiti name for the cold pressed and ECX leaves off the Distilled part of it's Lime Tahiti. I have in my mind the Tahiti is the zestier version and need to drill into myself it's the Distilled part that is important to remember.

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A couple of pages back, Kiwi was mentioned. I bought a Kiwi Marshmallow mix from Botboy. IMO, the combination was excellent.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Caddisfly was 56 degrees today:) Mixed up your Beach Ball reduced flavoring by 50%, due to easily tasting flavors and I love you man! I love lime, rum, & coconut! White peach is good in this...not too overbearing. Tball us gotta try messing around with these four flavors making the white peach the prominent flavor cause I know you so love your peach! This is GREAT! I'm in Luve!! :)

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Caddisfly was 56 degrees today:) Mixed up your Beach Ball reduced flavoring by 50%, due to easily tasting flavors and I love you man! I love lime, rum, & coconut! White peach is good in this...not too overbearing. Tball us gotta try messing around with these four flavors making the white peach the prominent flavor cause I know you so love your peach! This is GREAT! I'm in Luve!! :)
Wow! I'm blushing and loving that you loving it. Thank you very much, but it's such a simple recipe I'm sure I'm not the first to mix it. I'm still not sure which peach I used. I think it was white peach (that's what I ordered, but the bottle just said peach) I' find out next time I order it. :cool: Enjoy it.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good thinking! I believe u vaped too much bilberry surprise. Man I did and it made me need tart!
I mad a big bottle of your Bilberry Surprise. Had to! Good stuff.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh, yeah! You need FA Cardamom, unless you can't stand ginger. If you're also getting FA Custard, you can try them out together:

HIC's Lemon-Cardamom Custard
2% FA Lemon Sicily
1% FA Custard
1% FA Cardamom
optional: 0.5% FA Bilberry OR 0.5% FA Coconut OR both!

If you've had authentic Indian chai or Scandinavian butter cookies, you'll recognize that bright-ginger-cinnamon flavor of Cardamom when you smell the bottle. It goes well with lots of fruits; Cardamom + Coconut is my personal favorite.

I mixed this tonight, 10 ml without the coconut or bilberry, going a little light on the flavoring just to be safe. So excited. I love cardamom.

Then I realized I had dumped all the ingredients into an unlabeled bottle of 4% FA Raspberry I made last night :eek::confused:

In shock and horror, I shook and vaped. It's pretty intense, but not actually horrible. (OK, a little medicinal, maybe.) But I think it might be kind of good, given some time. Wishful thinking?

I'll have to take another whack at this recipe soon. Oh, and mix the Raspberry again :rolleyes:

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I mixed this tonight, 10 ml without the coconut or bilberry, going a little light on the flavoring just to be safe. So excited. I love cardamom.

Then I realized I had dumped all the ingredients into an unlabeled bottle of 4% FA Raspberry I made last night :eek::confused:

In shock and horror, I shook and vaped. It's pretty intense, but not actually horrible. (OK, a little medicinal, maybe.) But I think it might be kind of good, given some time. Wishful thinking?

I'll have to take another whack at this recipe soon. Oh, and mix the Raspberry again :rolleyes:
4% That's a poopy load! If it has potential, you could always put it in a larger bottle and add more of everything else, of course minus the raspberry. Hi Lirruping!!!

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hiya RocketPuppy : - ) I know. After all my apprehensiveness and hesitation about starting DIY, I'm kinda throwing caution to the wind now. Maybe making a public mockery of myself will inspire shier and more talented beginners to post, though!

That's a good idea you have. I was thinking I might make a weak solution of plain custard to mix in.. to take the edge off. We'll see how she blows in a day or two.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hiya RocketPuppy : - ) I know. After all my apprehensiveness and hesitation about starting DIY, I'm kinda throwing caution to the wind now. Maybe making a public mockery of myself will inspire shier and more talented beginners to post, though!

That's a good idea you have. I was thinking I might make a weak solution of plain custard to mix in.. to take the edge off. We'll see how she blows in a day or two.
I see no mockery being made =)

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I will help with the "mockery". On three occasions (that I can think fo, so may be more) I have tried to adjust recipe's by using half of the origional and then remixing. Only problem with this is if you have a 5 ml batch of something and then make another 10 ml in the same bottle. I hate it when I forget to change the amount I'm making in the calculator.

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"Throwing caution to the wind"
Was back testing individual flavors a while ago. Pear was just not registering in my brain, added more, it tasted like some kind of dark syrup just not a pear. I don't want to vape this. I add some Fuji Apple, haven't tried it standalone yet. Hey I can vape this stuff but why stop now? My 3 mL bottle has more room. What goes with Apple and Pear? Liquid Amber. In it goes. Set it aside for a while and I begin to register pear. Wish I hadn't added more. What else have I not tested? TFA English Toffee. In it goes. A drop is too strong in my little bottle but I kinda llike it. I wonder if anyone has done this before. Google fruit toffee and see all knids of recipes most include brown sugar and vanilla. I've added Vanilla Classic so far. Going to let it marinate in and around my head for a while. Right now I think it's turning into something pretty good.

Kelzan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not sure if any of you have seen this, but it was posted to Flavour Art - North America Facebook page today. Hopefully we will be able to buy direct from them and not have to order from Italy..

Flavour Art - North America
22 hrs ·
Press Release Monday January 19th 2015

Flavour Art is bringing the joy of flavours to North America.

For many years Flavour Art Italy has specialized in premium flavours specifically made for E-Liquids for the vaping community. Flavour Art has been a leader in safety, the first to remove Diacetyl and AP from their vaping flavours in 2011 and clearly note where they are still present in our food flavours. We have grown across Europe to become the leading Ecigarette E-Liquid flavour manufacturer of choice.

Flavour Art has led the industry in the investment in research with professionals like Dr. Farsalinos in our Clearstream ecigarette research projects and continue today to further invest in more new vital evidence based research of vaping as a safer alternative to tobacco.

In 2015 Flavour Art will invest in North America and open in Q1 2015 there first offices and distribution center in North American to specifically only to sell our flavourings to a growing list of E-Liquid manufacturers and DIY flavouring vendors wanting to have safe, trusted premium flavourings to formulate E-Liquid products with, from a company committed to the vaping industry.

Shaun Casey (aka Niagara Kayaker) as you may know him as in social media, has been recruited and hired as our North American President for Flavour Art. Shaun brings to us decades of successful senior business executive experience in chemical manufacturing and distribution working with retailers, along with his passion for vaping and our dedication in advocacy to the community.

Shaun and his staff will in attendance at many top vape expos throughout North America this year to fully explain why Flavour Art is the right company to add to your mixology of E-Liquid manufacturing to give you lab tested, premium flavours with true Italian heritage and passion.

We will be launching a whole new exciting North American Flavour Art website soon from which to order from and be providing tier one professional marketing programs, support and logistics to our clients in USA and Canada. Flavour Art will continue to lead the market in support of research and advocacy for our industries future!

The main ingredient that makes great E-Liquid great is the quality and safety of the flavouring we use; why not use the best from Flavour Art!

Please contact us at support@Flavour Art.it for more information

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In 2015 Flavour Art will invest in North America and open in Q1 2015 there first offices and distribution center in North American to specifically only to sell our flavourings to a growing list of E-Liquid manufacturers and DIY flavouring vendors

Sounds like they will not be selling to us, but our vendors won't have to wait as long to re-stock! Thanks for posting this!

T exas Toast

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Can someone please help me with Shade?

I have converted to FA from TFA and I use to mix espresso with 555 dk to cut the grassy/ashey flavor out of the tobacco. I hate the grass and the ash flavor in the tobaccos even more.

Does any one have any tips to cut this taste out of the shade flavor?

I had my 555 dk formulated to sort of a honey nut cherrio flavor. Took me over a year to get there. Hoping someone has worked with Shade, or any other FA tobacco, to get the same results I am looking for.

TYIA

Dana Lucas

Member For 4 Years
Can someone please help me with Shade?

I have converted to FA from TFA and I use to mix espresso with 555 dk to cut the grassy/ashey flavor out of the tobacco. I hate the grass and the ash flavor in the tobaccos even more.

Does any one have any tips to cut this taste out of the shade flavor?

I had my 555 dk formulated to sort of a honey nut cherrio flavor. Took me over a year to get there. Hoping someone has worked with Shade, or any other FA tobacco, to get the same results I am looking for.

TYIA
I have 100 drops at 4.7% sitting here steeping so I'm about to hit it soon. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Dana

cjcaddy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
pardon me if this is not news to anyone but I read this on FA facebook "In 2015 Flavour Art will invest in North America and open in Q1 2015 there first offices and distribution center in North American to specifically only to sell our flavourings to a growing list of E-Liquid manufacturers and DIY flavouring vendors wanting to have safe, trusted premium flavourings to formulate E-Liquid products with, from a company committed to the vaping industry."
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flavour-Art-North-America/1536823856571466

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok off the wall question - how do I *unwatch threads* it shows me watching tons and I do not even know how that happened:eek: I have tried to find the info out myself and couldn't - so thank you in advance:D

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok off the wall question - how do I *unwatch threads* it shows me watching tons and I do not even know how that happened:eek: I have tried to find the info out myself and couldn't - so thank you in advance:D
I think there's a setting to auto-watch if you reply to a thread. I turned mine off for Sanity's sake.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Dixie! Look right beneath the vaping underground sign & there is a red bar that goes across...1 says watched threads, one says watched posts or something. Click on it. & then...hold on let me check

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Near the title of whatever thread you want to "unwatch", on the right hand side there's a link that says Unwatch Thread.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Scroll to the top where it says
FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread
then look to the right, down only a tad.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok one says watched forums. Click on either one you may need to check both. Below will list what your watching. Below that there's a box looks like a search box w the down part of an arrow. Click on it and gives u option to stop watching.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok found it thank you all for the help it was driving me crazy - short drive I know LOL. It seems if you look at certain threads it automatically *watches* it for you lol:confused::)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wait, no, I take that back. I also "watch" certain forums on VU, so anytime there is a new thread started, I do get an alert. But, only that one time. IF I reply, then I get notified each time. If I don't reply, I don't get more notifications.

I'm in circles today, apologies...

luciddreamer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
6.5% white peach
6.5% peach
0.5% mandarin

Made this yesterday, the mandarin smothered the peach, but today its starting to mellow out. Mandarin is still up front though. My goals were to have a peach with a bit of orange but it turned out to be the opposite! Still pretty good.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
6.5% white peach
6.5% peach
0.5% mandarin

Made this yesterday, the mandarin smothered the peach, but today its starting to mellow out. Mandarin is still up front though. My goals were to have a peach with a bit of orange but it turned out to be the opposite! Still pretty good.

Thats a whole lotta peach. I can't help but think maybe it's to the point of muting itself if the .5 mandarin is bossing it around.

Seehad

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thats a whole lotta peach. I can't help but think maybe it's to the point of muting itself if the .5 mandarin is bossing it around.
Yeah, white peach is really strong. 2% White Peach and 3-4% Peach should be more than enough. If you want even more peach flavor, other peaches (TPA Juicy Peach and JF Honey Peach are really good) will help. Pear in small amounts will boost the peach flavor as well.

luciddreamer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The weird thing about peach, is I cant taste it at low %s. I will give your suggestion a try though. To me, peach is one of FA's weakest flavor next to strawberry

VU Sponsors