Member For 4 Years
I'm sorry you couldn't taste my Banana Apple Nut Bread. I have 2 suggestions:

This is the version right before my final one;

Banana 4%
Cookie 3%
TFA Toasted Almond 5%
Fuji Apple 2%
Fresh Cream 1%

I found this to be good but a bit overwhelming at 15%, but tastes differ.

Or you might add 1% Anise to what you have left of your current mix. I took half of what I had (6mls) and did this. It is quite good. I didn't like Anise before I started vaping. Go figure.

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner. Things have been crazy busy at work. I'm a printer and my job was supposed to be obsolete by now. It didn't happen. I may beat it there.

Thank you, caddisfly! This looked SO good, and I'm sure it's awesome, but my taste buds have been MIA with certain mixes for some time now. I did go back and increase the percentages by 50%, but I've been letting it steep and haven't tasted it again. Fingers crossed!!

HIC posted a brilliant suggestion that maybe I need contrasting flavors but, like you, I've been too busy to go back and review the ones I couldn't taste. Maybe this weekend :rolleyes: Your anise suggestion is interesting . . . does it taste a lot like licorice? It's weird, because I didn't really like coffee vapes until I started using FA, so maybe it would be the same with anise. With my taste buds anything is possible!

Thanks so much for checking in, and I'll let ya know what happens!

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you, caddisfly! This looked SO good, and I'm sure it's awesome, but my taste buds have been MIA with certain mixes for some time now. I did go back and increase the percentages by 50%, but I've been letting it steep and haven't tasted it again. Fingers crossed!!

HIC posted a brilliant suggestion that maybe I need contrasting flavors but, like you, I've been too busy to go back and review the ones I couldn't taste. Maybe this weekend :rolleyes: Your anise suggestion is interesting . . . does it taste a lot like licorice? It's weird, because I didn't really like coffee vapes until I started using FA, so maybe it would be the same with anise. With my taste buds anything is possible!

Thanks so much for checking in, and I'll let ya know what happens!
There is a hint of licorice at first, but that gives way to a sweet... complexity / goodness (I don't know what to call it) after 2 days.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have grown SO fond of FA Anise. I used it for an interesting sweet flavor in a lemon mix a while back. @caddisfly described it quite well! It's not a stong licorice taste, which is what I thought it would be. It's a light hint of that flavor, followed by what I can only call a curious sweet. Almost cool to the mouth.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've paired FA anise with FA fig and FA cookie before and it reminded me of Italian bakery sweets I used to get as a kid at a long ago closed bakery where I grew up.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
cookie-monster-quotes-saying-cute-funny-sesame-street-2.jpg

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here at Cookie Monster's R & D we try to please.

Two cookies in one, but mix seperatly.

Mothers' Frosted Animal Crackers

3% FA Cookie
2% FA Strawberry
1.5% TFA Whipped cream
0.5% FA Meringue
0.5% FA Cola

Nestles' Tollhouse Chocolate Chip cookies.

3% FA Cookie
2% TFA Double Chocolate Clear
1.5% TFA Brown Sugar
0.5% FA Walnut
0.5% FA Coconut

Once mixed and adjusted to taste, Fill a small tank with 1 ml of each mix being carefull to not disturb the layers of
juice, then slowly give the entire unit a slow turnover and stop and vape. (run on sentences are us) Repeat the flip if necessary.

Warning: I have not mixed this yet. This is entirely from my imagination and may gag a cat with hairballs. Proceed at your own risk. Any volunteers?

Or: Buy a bag of Mothers and bake some Tollhouse Chocolate Chip cookies and stuff one of each in your mouth. Chew, swallow and repeat.

Edited to capitalize TFA and to add FA to the walnut and coconut

Last edited:

Dana Lucas

Member For 4 Years
Whew!, another 44 on their way from WL. Total 237? but its getting hard keeping track of them now.

By the way for those who are wondering why, I am retiring in May and going to start full timing in my 21 year old motorhome. Plan on doing some mixing lol.

Dana

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Whew!, another 44 on their way from WL. Total 237? but its getting hard keeping track of them now.

By the way for those who are wondering why, I am retiring in May and going to start full timing in my 21 year old motorhome. Plan on doing some mixing lol.

Dana

So jealous!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

Dana

I couldn't keep track of my flavorings if not for my spreadsheet. I check it before I order and have prevented double orders many times.

Congrats on your pending retirement! DIY is an ideal, compact hobby to take along. :)

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got a handful of 306 attys getting less and less use as my dripper collection grows. Plus I tended to overfill them, 3 drops at a time seems to work pretty good.

I've got the Champagne in a 3mL bottle ready to vape but haven't gotten to it yet. Still working with Papaya and Pomegranite.
I've got 9 different tanks and/or drippers going today in 3 different mods and still so much I want to do.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Dana
So where are you planning to travel? Sounds like so much fun! Stay safe and have lots of fun.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got a handful of 306 attys getting less and less use as my dripper collection grows. Plus I tended to overfill them, 3 drops at a time seems to work pretty good.

I've got the Champagne in a 3mL bottle ready to vape but haven't gotten to it yet. Still working with Papaya and Pomegranite.
I've got 9 different tanks and/or drippers going today in 3 different mods and still so much I want to do.
I like my old atomizers. 3 drops and a few vapes, I can tell if it's good to go, or needs work. Just personal taste btw...

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dude. That was Ernie. He's not a frog. Kermit would be so disappointed. Kermit was the frog. You must be emotionally drained from eating vaping cookies.
my gosh, your are right. Burt the Cookie dealer sent Ernie over with a taste of cookies in a bag to keep the big blue dude hooked. Geeze Bert is evil...

luciddreamer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can anyone share their opinions on concord grape? I have white grape, not sure if I like it or not. Doesn't tastely like grape to me, just sweet and slightly floral.

Hey guys, first, I have been enjoying the recipe you guys posted in the recipe section. Man, kept forgeting those likes button, cant find one on android. Damn, premium juices on its own. I do have a problem that FA meringue, marshmallow, and honey aint cutting it for fruity vapes on my super sweet tooth. Been trying to make my own sucralose solution, simply because i have easy access to few grams of those white powder (pure sucralose) since I work at food ingredients trading company. Looked at those health forums, they mixed at 10% weight to volume. So, like 10 grams for 100ml. The result is simply disastrous. Wondering how you guys do it, if you aint buying it premixed.

luciddreamer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys, first, I have been enjoying the recipe you guys posted in the recipe section. Man, kept forgeting those likes button, cant find one on android. Damn, premium juices on its own. I do have a problem that FA meringue, marshmallow, and honey aint cutting it for fruity vapes on my super sweet tooth. Been trying to make my own sucralose solution, simply because i have easy access to few grams of those white powder (pure sucralose) since I work at food ingredients trading company. Looked at those health forums, they mixed at 10% weight to volume. So, like 10 grams for 100ml. The result is simply disastrous. Wondering how you guys do it, if you aint buying it premixed.
Since you have access to these ingredients, maybe try using stevia instead of sucralose to extend the life of your coils while still providing sweetness.

Both grapes taste floral and obnoxious to me as standalones, but both are excellent when mixed right in recipes. Try a Purple Cow!
Grape juice? That sounds good! Can I sub white grape in this recipe?

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
About half way through a mL of Wine Champagne. First impression is it should just be called White Wine. I think I'm at 1.5% and it is pretty good but delicate. It has a note that might be considered effervescent but I'm not sure if that is just my imagination. It hits the front and top of my mouth and tip of the tongue. Makes me want to buy the Red Wine to compare. Normaly I think of what will go with this but Champagne isn't causing that reaction. Seems it will be a stand alone flavor for me right now as I could happily vape it for a day.

Hello there,

I love orange blossom water flavor and therefore I bought neroli from FA. I have an issue with this flavor: it seems that it won't dissolve. I tested it by adding several drops in water: as oil, it was separated from water. Did anyone notice anything similar?

Thank you

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
About half way through a mL of Wine Champagne. First impression is it should just be called White Wine. I think I'm at 1.5% and it is pretty good but delicate. It has a note that might be considered effervescent but I'm not sure if that is just my imagination. It hits the front and top of my mouth and tip of the tongue. Makes me want to buy the Red Wine to compare. Normaly I think of what will go with this but Champagne isn't causing that reaction. Seems it will be a stand alone flavor for me right now as I could happily vape it for a day.
Hmmm, I was wondering if it had a bubbly effect like fa cola. I was thinking mandarin & champagne = mimosa? I was looking for a sparking, bubbly citrus.

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha! My dumbass just looked up the meaning of the word effervescent....ahh fizzy, bubbly! Guess we can still learn at age 41, oops, I mean 29!

In the words of Frank Zappa "I'm a WINO MAN"
Don't trust me to judge Champagne.

If it wasn't my imagination, the bubbles were small, I tasted white wine and liked it.

I don't have FA Cola to compare. One of my early buys was 30mL of TFA Cola. Looking forward to it.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Grape juice? That sounds good! Can I sub white grape in this recipe?

Ewww, no, lol! A Purple Cow needs purple, and it's gotta be Concord purple, too.

The main use of FA White Grape that I've found is sweetening other fruits, just like it's used as "filler" in real juice blends.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello there,

I love orange blossom water flavor and therefore I bought neroli from FA. I have an issue with this flavor: it seems that it won't dissolve. I tested it by adding several drops in water: as oil, it was separated from water. Did anyone notice anything similar?

Thank you

It's probaby PG based and should blend in with PG and VG. Did you try that?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hello there,

I have a big vial (lol, vile?) of Neroli. I'm no floral fan, but I've used it a few times. It's clear as water, no layers or separation or cloudiness, despite sitting absolutely untouched for months. A drop shakes into VG (I don't use PG) just fine. I used max-VG when I mixed with it (I used under 0.5% Neroli, and it was sure enough for me) - my notes don't say I had any trouble with it separating, but maybe I just didn't notice.

I just now dropped some into a glass of water, and I see what you're talking about. It separates as I stir it - into smaller droplets - but not really dissolved.

Now I notice this: http://flavourartexpress.biz/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=574 which (because it does not have an inhalation warning, yet says oil soluble) indicates it's using essential oil. Lack of settling into layers hints that it's pure essential oil. (Not cooking-oil-based flavoring like FA Ginger, which is an inhalation risk, but essential oil, often used in citrus and mints).

So my advice is to shake the heck out of it, and know that flavor can't get more authentic than that. It won't take much, so start super low, and shake your bottle before using it each time.

P.S. - the shaking refers to your mixed recipe, not the bottle of flavoring.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the words of Frank Zappa "I'm a WINO MAN"
Don't trust me to judge Champagne.

If it wasn't my imagination, the bubbles were small, I tasted white wine and liked it.

I don't have FA Cola to compare. One of my early buys was 30mL of TFA Cola. Looking forward to it.
Frank rocks! Well it is called wine/champagne. I'm gonna get it and give it a whirl! If it ain't got enough fizz/ effervescence I'll just add more. If that don't work I'll just vape & drink:)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@caddisfly. I have a question about the cookie recipes you posted a few posts back. Did you use the walnut/coconut combo for the buttery effect? Walnut always stands out to me, even at such a small %, so if that's why you put it in that one, I may use nut mix. I get the same effect with that and coconut. And I really like that nut mix!

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@caddisfly. I have a question about the cookie recipes you posted a few posts back. Did you use the walnut/coconut combo for the buttery effect? Walnut always stands out to me, even at such a small %, so if that's why you put it in that one, I may use nut mix. I get the same effect with that and coconut. And I really like that nut mix!
Yes I did. Chocolate chips and cookie need the buttery flavor. It kind of binds them together. I thought about adding Nut Mix. The problem is I've only had walnuts in them in real life, and given that there was some in it already, I decided against it until I tasted the result. I mixed both recipes up yesterday and I'll update sometime this weekend. Feel free to add whatever you think they need. These 2 recipes were only tasted in my mind before posting. Thats's probably not a good practice, but sounded fun.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yes I did. Chocolate chips and cookie need the buttery flavor. It kind of binds them together. I thought about adding Nut Mix. The problem is I've only had walnuts in them in real life, and given that there was some in it already, I decided against it until I tasted the result. I mixed both recipes up yesterday and I'll update sometime this weekend. Feel free to add whatever you think they need. These 2 recipes were only tasted in my mind before posting. Thats's probably not a good practice, but sounded fun.
Nah, mixing on the fly is usually a great vape! Thank you very much :) So you did end up mixing them? Have you sampled? OK, OK, I'll wait for your update... tease!

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Huckleberried In thinking about your nut mix suggestion, I think that is a heck of a good idea. If you added the nut mix to take the place of walnut and left the walnut, it might get me to where I wanted to go in the first place. I didn't know that nut mix and coconut worked the same as walnut and coconut do. If you don't like walnut and remove it, I can understand that as well.

About the chocolate: I don't taste chocolate hardly at all. In fact TFA's Double Chocolate Clear is the only one I can taste and it is mild. I know that TFA makes a Bittersweet Chocolate, which makes more sense in the recipe if you would like to use it instead.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nah, mixing on the fly is usually a great vape! Thank you very much :) So you did end up mixing them? Have you sampled? OK, OK, I'll wait for your update... tease!
Yep, I mixed them last night. Lips are sealed. :) While the Mothers Animal Crackers are shake and vape, The Tollhouse need to steep for the chocolate.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Do you have the FA Cocoa? That might do for your bittersweet.

I had a mix a while back, Italian Cream Cake. It didn't have the cakey effect like I had hoped, but I liked it, nonetheless. It contained coconut and nut mix. It was the only nut I had at the time. After a bit, I noticed a buttery effect, so I tried increasing the coconut, but it stayed buttery, lol. @kabalm18 had made something with coconut and either nut mix, or another nut and noticed the same thing. It's somewhere way back in this thread. A few of us were discussing it.

VU Sponsors