caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes I have both FA Cocoa and Chocolate. They are, sadly, tasteless to me. I keep trying all these great sounding recipes of HIC's that everyone loves, Just hoping my chocolate taste buds will kick in. No luck so fan.

I'll have to look for your discussion. I do remember seeing Hic's discussion somewhere. Time to reread the entire thread again. Eachtime I do I pick up something. What a resource.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It really is! You could try a search of this thread, maybe for butter? I'll look, too.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll do that. I think I have tomorrow off. Thanks for the tip.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm off every Friday, so I'll check around, myself. I have a hard time with the chocolates, too. I can taste them, but not like everyone else can. I used to think the problem was with my nic from WL. I have VT now, but it is the TH kind, so maybe it's just that, still. I don't know. The original VT is tooooo smooth for me. I need the throat hit.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So based on this, I don't know if it's only because of nuts or also with small amounts of AP. We do know that nuts and coconut produce this, so beyond that... HIC could tell ya for sure, lol.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do you like the throat hit kind? What kind of hit is it? I used MFS nic until recently and thought it was fine, then tried VT's clean nic and fell in love with it, I need to reorder soon and was think of picking up a small bottle of the throat hit type along with my regular order just to try it out.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the link Huck. I'll check it out tomorrow. I gotta hit the sack now in case the boss calls in the morning. Have fun mixing.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Considering how much cheaper it is, I'd say go for it. Some people use it for tobaccos or darker flavors, then save the smoother nic for their lighter stuff. It's not as harsh to me as the nic from WL and my vapes are smoother, more tasty. I've not had the MFS brand. Almost bought in on that last deal, though. @wllmc wrote up a review on the VT one in the reviews I think? I got a whole liter for $45.

G'nite @caddisfly. Sleep well.

@yyose I use this formula I found a few years ago. Hope this helps.
http://vapingunderground.com/posts/266871/

I use one or two drops depending on the blend for about 10ml. However, you can adjust to taste. For 30 ml I usually settle for 3 drops.

Followed this and, voila, it works wonder.

@luciddreamer Sure, I will try it out.

@HeadInClouds I will try your FA White Grape trick too! And, oh what a perfect timing, I was tinkering with cloudy solution after mixing FA Canteloupe and Koolada. Koolada is clear, only cloudy when its mixed. I guess I will shake the hell out of it too.

I have a big vial (lol, vile?) of Neroli. I'm no floral fan, but I've used it a few times. It's clear as water, no layers or separation or cloudiness, despite sitting absolutely untouched for months. A drop shakes into VG (I don't use PG) just fine. I used max-VG when I mixed with it (I used under 0.5% Neroli, and it was sure enough for me) - my notes don't say I had any trouble with it separating, but maybe I just didn't notice.

I just now dropped some into a glass of water, and I see what you're talking about. It separates as I stir it - into smaller droplets - but not really dissolved.

Now I notice this: http://flavourartexpress.biz/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=574 which (because it does not have an inhalation warning, yet says oil soluble) indicates it's using essential oil. Lack of settling into layers hints that it's pure essential oil. (Not cooking-oil-based flavoring like FA Ginger, which is an inhalation risk, but essential oil, often used in citrus and mints).

So my advice is to shake the heck out of it, and know that flavor can't get more authentic than that. It won't take much, so start super low, and shake your bottle before using it each time.

P.S. - the shaking refers to your mixed recipe, not the bottle of flavoring.

Oh ok so you confirm that the oil contained in it is the same as the ones we can find in other citrus and mints flavours, as that this kind of oil would be usable for vaping?

Thank you.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Oh ok so you confirm that the oil contained in it is the same as the ones we can find in other citrus and mints flavours, as that this kind of oil would be usable for vaping?

Thank you.

Yep, and yep. That's according to the info from FA, as well as my own experiments. There is no mistaking FA's vegetable-oil based flavorings (they all have inhalation warnings, but I had to try for science, and they're totally unusable for vaping) - Neroli is not one of those. Enjoy your orange blossom water :)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd read through HICs homemade peanut butter & work with those ingredients to make butter with out the peanut. I did get a light butter, rich creamy flavor in my vanilla Tahiti creamed pomegranate recipe using 1% Vienna cream, along with .25% of the following...tfa acetyl pyrazine, fa caramel, fa hazelnut...I tried with walnut and didn't get the buttery...got to be hazelnut imo. I'd also add in .25% FA coconut. Slowly increase % of those to see what happens. I'd stay below .5% on hazelnut, probably acetyl pyrazine also. Just my thoughts. I'll play w it tm.

http://vapingunderground.com/posts/293233/[/QUOTE]

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd read through HICs homemade peanut butter & work with those ingredients to make butter with out the peanut. I did get a light butter, rich creamy flavor in my vanilla Tahiti creamed pomegranate recipe using 1% Vienna cream, along with .25% of the following...tfa acetyl pyrazine, fa caramel, fa hazelnut...I tried with walnut and didn't get the buttery...got to be hazelnut imo. I'd also add in .25% FA coconut. Slowly increase % of those to see what happens. I'd stay below .5% on hazelnut, probably acetyl pyrazine also. Just my thoughts. I'll play w it tm.

http://vapingunderground.com/posts/293233/
[/QUOTE]
Yes, I had read that before. In fact HIC's Peanut Butter mixed with HIC's Lemoncello Torrone Parfait 50/50 Is an all day vape for me.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Interesting concept willmc. Good luck in your endeavors. Are you going to be selling Flavour Art flavors? If so, that's cool. I'm kind of fed up with my current suppliers. They, or the post office are making major errors. It started in mid December.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Interesting concept willmc. Good luck in your endeavors. Are you going to be selling Flavour Art flavors? If so, that's cool. I'm kind of fed up with my current suppliers. They, or the post office are making major errors. It started in mid December.
Thank you. I'll be offering sample sizes very soon. I might get into the bigger sizes eventually but for the moment just a 3ml size and only Flavour Art.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Thanks guys. a lot of time and love went into it. I thought it would be cool for people to have a pre mixed option available. less clean up and less measuring with 1 bottle of flavoring :)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good for you two!! I'm happy for Wllmc & Hic! But I feel weird, I was never in the "in crowd". But all here are really cool cats, and puppies! Finally read this whole thread! Ace where are you? U always made me laugh! Wllmc I see no bread crust?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Im just going to catch up from here lol. I know Ive missed a lot

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good luck! Might want to spend a touch more TIME to proofread.
From "Our Story" - "Much of our tie is spent in the kitchen"
I have trouble with a capitol H on my keyboard and you are missing the m in time. I know you want to make the very best impression.

Last edited:

EWS111

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
HIC's is recipes, wllmc's is flavorings mixed for recipes - ready for your nic base.
Thanks for the reply! Guess I don't understand how they expect to sell something that has been generously given away for free as a service to DIY's for a long time!
Hundreds of HIC's recipes are all over the internet as well as here for free!
I'm not giving any opinion but I still don't understand the concept!

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, oh wow. You two have been so quiet; I knew something was up. Almost feel like the "Almost Famous" of the vape world. And HIC, Green Tea Ice Cream? I love that stuff. Wllmc, been mulling a similar concept; when the FDA gets thru with us this may be the only way to buy juice. This is so cool. Best to both ventures! So Will is cooking dinner and HIC bringing the desert?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks for the reply! Guess I don't understand how they expect to sell something that has been generously given away for free as a service to DIY's for a long time!
I didn't find it hard to understand. I mean, sure, I have access to all the wonderful vapes in the forum. One of HIC's is in my daily rotation and has been since the day it was posted. So, by looking at HIC's site, if I see something I think I'd enjoy, that's new and isn't posted here, then it's worth it to me to spend $3 on the recipe. The recipe will last me a lifetime! I think it's a very cool concept for HIC. Some of the ones posted here are on that site, too, but they don't cost anything. Only the ones not seen here. This is all posted on HIC's site. @HeadInClouds, I'm happy for ya, congratulations!

Yep, and yep. That's according to the info from FA, as well as my own experiments. There is no mistaking FA's vegetable-oil based flavorings (they all have inhalation warnings, but I had to try for science, and they're totally unusable for vaping) - Neroli is not one of those. Enjoy your orange blossom water :)

Oh Thank you HIC that's really informative!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I imagine it's so people stop posting the recipes everywhere. I don't see the ones on the site posted anywhere else. Seems like a smart way to deal with companies like Vape Crafter.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I didn't find it hard to understand. I mean, sure, I have access to all the wonderful vapes in the forum. One of HIC's is in my daily rotation and has been since the day it was posted. So, by looking at HIC's site, if I see something I think I'd enjoy, that's new and isn't posted here, then it's worth it to me to spend $3 on the recipe. The recipe will last me a lifetime! I think it's a very cool concept for HIC. Some of the ones posted here are on that site, too, but they don't cost anything. Only the ones not seen here. This is all posted on HIC's site. @HeadInClouds, I'm happy for ya, congratulations!
I completely agree with you Huck. The same goes for wllmc too, just in a different way. If I can help out a very active diy'er who creates wonderful recipes simply by purchasing my ingredients from him/her, I will.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I just poped in before work to catch up and WOW. @wllmc I took a quick look at the site and will be back to put in an order tommorrow. Good Luck. @HeadInClouds I sincerely hope this helps to keep others from profiting from your recipes and helps you to profit from all your hard work.
Awesome , thanks for the support!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
You da man!! Is Mrs. C ready for the life of luxury?
Lol she is pretty excited. Mama js is for the new mixers and lazy mixers lol. Not everyone wants to buy and mix 8 different flavors just to mix one recipe. A lot of people turn back to pre mixed liquid
for many different reasons. now everyone can make a delicious vape without having to be a chef.

Last edited:

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On top of what Huckleberried said, think about this for a moment....I always TRY to put myself in another's shoes. W e are all different. When I TRY to step into Wllmc or HIC s shoes this is what I get, and I may be wrong as I am not them, but think on this a spell. Can you imagine sharing on a site where a friend of yours is suddenly kicked off of for no good reason? You find another site that works beautifully for you and your friends follow you there. It becomes your HOME. You openly share your experience with all. You are extremely generous. You feel good helping others in their beginnings of diy. As time goes by, you begin to find your recipes that you worked hard on posted elsewhere. Yes, no laws have been broken, and more people can view them now, perhaps this might please someone else as well as make it easier. BUT, say it bothers you personally, say you don't want your personal recipes posted elsewhere, and you try to tell those posting them in a nice way, but they don't understand or they don't care and they start sending you hate mail. In time the recipes you worked on so hard that you were willing to share on what you call your HOME family site are all over the net. You don't even bother to say anything because it's not gonna make a difference and you really don't want more hate mail. Your home has been robbed. Companies begin selling and profiting from your work. But no, no laws have been broken....but it doesn't mean this is morally and ethically right. You feel sick in the pit of your stomach. You were so generous, so open, to help out new diy ers to learn and now companies are selling your work...profiting from you. What do you do? What can you do? You do exactly what HIC & WWLMC have done! This way they are still able to share and earning what is due them from their hard work. It was given freely once, but people who didn't understand or care took that away from them. They will thrive because their friends will spread the word. And we will order from them for what we want as well as to give back to them because it is right and they deserve this.....! :)

VU Sponsors