Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Lol, I just made a list of all the FA flavors. I need a way to keep track of what I have, amounts, what I need to get. I do have an another order started. Hubby refusing to open the cabinet holding the flavors......
I wrote mine down as they came in, hoping that staring at them would inspire me to create some kind of wonderful. I prefer looking at my bottles, still. I was a little surprised that my FA list has outgrown 2 columns on one page. Sad, but true, I don't have them all still. Plus I'm waiting for my email saying, "Hey, we dropped off your order at Cit-E-Cig, you can pick it up anytime!"

lkerr406

Member For 4 Years
I have been searching for a good tobacco flavored vape. Preferably FA. I like standalone Desert Ship 1.5%, just doesn't taste like tobacco to me. I tried Cuban Supreme (thanks HIC). Not a bad flavor, just not tobacco. I am a lazy dripper. just drop in the new flavor and wait for the old flavor to be used up. I stumbled upon, 8 drops 3% Cuban Supreme and 4 drops of 3% cherry and 1% Black Cherry to be the most tobacco like flavor I have found with Flavour Art thus far. Interesting?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
hmm.. toss some spice into it.. with some other goodies.. ;)

2% Coconut (FA)
1.5% Cuban supreme (FA)
1.5% Ginger (NF)
1.5% Tobacco Gold Ducat (IW)

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It depends on what flavors it's playing with? I've used it a bit higher even and covered up apple, or at least it complimented the flavor I used. Lemon Sicily, for example. I attempted Lemon Meringue Pie. It wasn't bad at all, just not what I was hoping for. Quite vapable, actually. I tasted no apple at all. I If you're working on crust, adding .5% cookie helps. How do I know? HIC said so, it works, I've used it in several. HIC teaches us all sorts of cool things.
Yeah I've been lurking HIC's posts... Hoping HIC will point me in the right direction for my recipe request. *wink, wink*

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
club flavor art its the weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hell yes 2 days off . going to stare at my flavor art flavors until an idea hits me and its on. mixing weekend :)
I have a 4 day weekend next week, so I hope to do that then. Today was a few of other's recipes, one of my own and one to post from last week. Have fun C family!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I have been searching for a good tobacco flavored vape. Preferably FA. I like standalone Desert Ship 1.5%, just doesn't taste like tobacco to me. I tried Cuban Supreme (thanks HIC). Not a bad flavor, just not tobacco. I am a lazy dripper. just drop in the new flavor and wait for the old flavor to be used up. I stumbled upon, 8 drops 3% Cuban Supreme and 4 drops of 3% cherry and 1% Black Cherry to be the most tobacco like flavor I have found with Flavour Art thus far. Interesting?

Adding FA Burley makes vague tobaccos more tobaccoish (is too a word...now) to me. I have a Chinese tobacco that's very convincing, but I'm not too thrilled about the lack of ingredient disclosure on it, so I usually just add .5-1% Burley when I want a more 'definite' tobacco than the smooth Cuban Supreme.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Y'all ever get hot spots or weirdness in your coils? This is pissin' me off, it's just a standard build for a protank for cryin' out loud!

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Huh? Don't be subtle; I'm too easily-distracted for that. Did I miss a request from you?
No, nothing directly. I posted a request in the request sub forum for "twinkie". Was hoping you'd stumble across it and maybe give me some pointers in your spare time.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, I do. So keep doing it? It looks absolutely fine, level, round, etc... Sometimes out of nowhere it happens, too. Using cotton yarn, it's not dry hitting. So weird.

Sorry for the interruption....

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I do. So keep doing it? It looks absolutely fine, level, round, etc... Sometimes out of nowhere it happens, too. Using cotton yarn, it's not dry hitting. So weird.

When I used to use protanks, I would get this from time to time when one if my legs was just barely poking put by the grommet. I ended up paying a good amount of attention to those legs and clipped until I couldn't feel a thing. That's my guess as to your current issue.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Leads pulled tight to the base, meaning no slack on one side or the other?
Yeah, do it a few more times sometimes with my dual coils (haven't had this EXACT problem) it takes a bit to work them out. But if it's working, Imo, not really worth fiddling. Ideally, as I'm sure you know you want it to glow from inside out.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks for your help Curly & Jason. I keep several built at a time for when/if this happens. I get tired of scrappin' em. I'm just toooooo leary of RBAs still. I'm easily intimidated. Plus they're costly.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for your help Curly & Jason. I keep several built at a time for when/if this happens. I get tired of scrappin' em. I'm just toooooo leary of RBAs still. I'm easily intimidated. Plus they're costly.
An EhPro KFL lite + clone costs around $25-$30. Almost the price of two protanks. If you can recoil/rewick a PT head, you sure as shit can build a Kayfun. It's far easier. Just my two cents! :)

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
An EhPro KFL lite + clone costs around $25-$30. Almost the price of two protanks. If you can recoil/rewick a PT head, you sure as shit can build a Kayfun. It's far easier. Just my two cents! :)
This for sure! A Kayfun is the easiest builds I've ever done! Followed by the protank coils (protank heads have a lot less room to work in). And that $25-30 is stateside. You can go a bit cheaper going to a China site, but I like new toys sooner rather than later. Plus you'll get better flavor from a Kayfun.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have both. I use both. BUT, I don't always wanna drip. KFL is fill n go. Plus, awesome flavor. I have been liking my fogger better these days though. It's a liquid hog though.
Drip @home, Kayfun for out and about. The fogger is a bit more difficult to build and you have to go dual coil, but I do like the v4.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have one of those teeny Smok Dripper RDA gigs. I got it to sample stuff after I got into DIY. meh boring little thing, but does it's job. I'm in that PIF box thing, so who knows?

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have one of those teeny Smok Dripper RDA gigs. I got it to sample stuff after I got into DIY. meh boring little thing, but does it's job. I'm in that PIF box thing, so who knows?
Those have way too small air holes! Might be part of why it's "meh"

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Please do let us know how the PIF box thing works out, and what kind of goodies you get. I hope it does well!
Me, too, should be fun to see what is in there and how it changes.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I have both. I use both. BUT, I don't always wanna drip. KFL is fill n go. Plus, awesome flavor. I have been liking my fogger better these days though. It's a liquid hog though.

my new kraken is the same.. but i always drip.. i started out dripping and hate to admit.. but do not know vv/vw well..
my mvp, it lasted maybe a few weeks.. i went mech and never looked back..

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I have been doing way more dripping than usual. work has been super crazy and my kayfun isnt cutting it right now. even cutting my nic from 6 to 3 this past week Im way more satisfied now. miss the flavor but Ill just work on a bunch of dripping recipes. traded my fogger for a panzar black hawk clone the other day lol. couldn't stand filling it from the bottom. this .2 dual parallel is a fog machine :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I have been doing way more dripping than usual. work has been super crazy and my kayfun isnt cutting it right now. even cutting my nic from 6 to 3 this past week Im way more satisfied now. miss the flavor but Ill just work on a bunch of dripping recipes. traded my fogger for a panzar black hawk clone the other day lol. couldn't stand filling it from the bottom. this .2 dual parallel is a fog machine :)
^5 wllmc!! :D

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
^5 wllmc!! :D
how do you usually adjust recipes for low ohms ? seems like most my juices are lighter in flavor, Im mixing this weekend and not sure if I should go up or down for the new stuff.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
depends on the maker of the flavors.. some heavy, others light..
depends on the goals of each flavor too..

I know my kraken mutes a ton.. and well i refuse to adjust my drippin juice for it..

normally what I post up, is what I use, and that is including my nic (vg) and my base (vg)..
personal recipes i tend to use a lot of the alcohol or sc flavors.. and i try to keep it below a dull roar..

max flavor percentage i have is 20%.. the lowest is 4%..

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I posted a request in the request sub forum for "twinkie". Was hoping you'd stumble across it and maybe give me some pointers in your spare time.

Ahh, my pointers end up in diacetyl, Curly: Vaping Zone 'Gourmet Cake' for a cheap-tasting version or FA Pandoro for a tastier version, but both contain diacetyl. You can't get the twink without the diacetyl...yet. You know I'll keep an eye out for a custard-note-free way to Twinkies!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Ahh, my pointers end up in diacetyl, Curly: Vaping Zone 'Gourmet Cake' for a cheap-tasting version or FA Pandoro for a tastier version, but both contain diacetyl. You can't get the twink without the diacetyl...yet. You know I'll keep an eye out for a custard-note-free way to Twinkies!

good luck with that.. while you are at it.. carrot cake.. :p lol..
i give.. and i hate carrots! :D

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
my new kraken is the same.. but i always drip.. i started out dripping and hate to admit.. but do not know vv/vw well..
my mvp, it lasted maybe a few weeks.. i went mech and never looked back..

Reminds me I need to work on getting my gennies back into rotation. I love dripping all the time, 'cept when driving back and forth to work or going to visit the kids/grandkids both in and outta state. Dripping and driving just don't work out well together at all. o_O

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
how do you usually adjust recipes for low ohms ? seems like most my juices are lighter in flavor, Im mixing this weekend and not sure if I should go up or down for the new stuff.

I bump my flavoring down a little for low ohms like you're talking about, using 75% of normal mix ratio. I've been hitting the dual parallels lately too and you get a lot of flavor/vapor in 1.5-2 second draws!

That's with mainly fruit flavors. Haven't tried HIC's White Tic Tacs yet that far subohm.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks! Calories vs diacetyl! Lol

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Reminds me I need to work on getting my gennies back into rotation. I love dripping all the time, 'cept when driving back and forth to work or going to visit the kids/grandkids both in and outta state. Dripping and driving just don't work out well together at all. o_O

:confused: is that why they created stop signs and stop lights?:oops:

haha!! :D

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
(about custard-note-free twinkies)
good luck with that.. while you are at it.. carrot cake.. :p lol..
i give.. and i hate carrots! :D

afaik, only Nature's Flavors makes Carrot flavoring, and their ingredient disclosure leaves something to be desired. If you vape mystery ingredients (anything other than FA's e-cig line and select TFA flavorings) very good carrot cake is possible. Too bad you don't like carrots, though!

Don't give up on custard-note-free Twinkies. The ideal scenario would begin with FA reformulating Pandoro. But you can get unexpected surprises by mixing creatively, like Jason did using Apple Pie to produce cake (White Coconut Cake), or the unexpected effect of FA Walnut on other flavors. You never know what sitting in your flavorings collection waiting to be discovered.

VU Sponsors