Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I swear I went to Wllmc's site a day or two ago and didn't see the FA flavors, or did I just miss them. Well, if a forum member is going to open a shop I'll have to start ordering what I can from him.
He's still awaiting a shipment Frito. He doesn't yet have all the flavors. Pm him what you want and see what he can do. I'm waiting for his next fa order to come in before he ships to me.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok no vaping chips, hot spices, pine, or dryer sheets for me...um no bread crust either, nor crab, I'm just plain boring. Just got fa champagne and yes it's more of a wine to me, but I'm really liking it. I'll try it standalone next, but tried it at 2% with 1% FA mandarin & .25% FA orange. Definitely not a mimosa, but sweet & tasty & light fizz?

xxjoexx33

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Okay, here is an update to my Cookie Monster inspired post.

Mothers Frosted Animal Crackers

3% FA Cookie
2% FA Strawberry
1.5% TFA Whipped cream
0.5% FA Meringue
0.5% FA Cola

I picked up a big bag of Mother's Circus Cookies yesterday (strictly for testing) and did a comparison between them and my mix.
I found that I pretty much got the flavor right.

To please the Cookie Monster in us all, I added 0.5% AP to bumped up the cookie. It worked, but changed the flavor of the other ingredients, so I discarded that idea and am sticking to the original recipe I posted unless any of you have any ideas.

This is amazing!!! Taste so good. Used the exact recipe but I didn't have cola and it still taste great, what does the cola do to it?

Frito

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok no vaping chips, hot spices, pine, or dryer sheets for me...um no bread crust either, nor crab, I'm just plain boring
You're no fun. Just got back from going with my wife to eat crawfish and was wondering if I could find that in a flavoring. :confused: Mud Bug Juice.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys little update. Opening weekend went great ! to show our appreciation we decided to let the clubfa code for 10% off run until friday At midnight. #teamflavourart
HEY ALL...just letting anyone who is interested know that Wllmc has 10% off if you order before midnight and he is going to carry 10 ml. Fa. He's working on his site...check it out at http://mamajsjuice.com

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're no fun. Just got back from going with my wife to eat crawfish and was wondering if I could find that in a flavoring. :confused: Mud Bug Juice.
Idk...I believe Wllmc vaped crab and prayed to the porcelain god afterwards....not sure what co. He got it from, but if you find and vape crawfish will you post a video for me to feel less boring and more cultured?

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh hey Frito! I didn't know you just found this place. I'm pretty new too. I just finished reading this whole thread..took 3 months...a little here, a little there. Took notes...some useful info. And humor...I laughed a lot. Called it chicken soup for the vaping soul.

Frito

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, they use liquid crab boil for the crawfish, so maybe about 10% crab boil, 90% vg. Hey, I may be on to something here.

Frito

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh hey Frito! I didn't know you just found this place. I'm pretty new too. I just finished reading this whole thread..took 3 months...a little here, a little there. Took notes...some useful info. And humor...I laughed a lot. Called it chicken soup for the vaping soul.

Me, I love this place. I don't get in trouble for my strange since of humor here, and have already learned more this week about making my own juice than I did at another site in months.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
that FA crab is pretty terrible lol

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is amazing!!! Taste so good. Used the exact recipe but I didn't have cola and it still taste great, what does the cola do to it?
Hi xxjoexx33. I'm glad you liked it. The Cola add a touch of spice to it. FA Cola is a very useful flavor.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ewww I got everything but whip cream. I'm gonna try it with a 2:1 ratio Vienna / fresh cream to make whip cream.
That ought to work. The Vienna cream might change the cookie flavor a bit though. I hope it does.

BTW I'm still trying to make my own cake, but haven't succeeded yet. I'm centering my attempts around Capella's Vienna Custard V2. I've about got a neutral cake.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That ought to work. The Vienna cream might change the cookie flavor a bit though. I hope it does.

BTW I'm still trying to make my own cake, but haven't succeeded yet. I'm centering my attempts around Capella's Vienna Custard V2. I've about got a neutral cake.
I' got that on the way and caps cake batter just got here today. I'll mix some up standalone tm and tell ya what I taste

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great, thanks Daintanee. Do you know if the Caps cake batter has custard notes? I haven't heard.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well chances are, but it's not a caution listed one at bull city. I got the caps vc v2 comming to try out crampmolothews white cake, poke cake, and wllmcs rummy custard. I got the cake batter to try his poke cake too. Maybe crampmolothew will know on custard notes

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I believe it was Jasons's white coconut cake that gave me the idea of using Caps V2 to create my cake/bread.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
From a customer review on BCV:

Nice gooey cake with caps famous custard notes nestled in.
I guess that settles that. I kind of thought so. But, It would be nice to hear from Caps.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
He should make a recipe with it, and name it "Movin' on."

That's one flavor I was never interested in. But I hear it tastes like pine, so I might try it. Vape the forest.
Maybe a little oak wood in there also and just enough burley to taste it. Lol

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi xxjoexx33. I'm glad you liked it. The Cola add a touch of spice to it. FA Cola is a very useful flavor.
That's a good description. I agree, a touch of spice. I'm getting that, too, but it's a warm, light spice, kind of like how honey reacts to your tongue, but this isn't a honey flavor, just something I can't name, lol. I made this a week ago, been vaping it since last night. This is nice, caddisfly! That cookie calmed down, too. I sometimes get a harshness from cookie, but I do LOVE that cookie.

Oh. I did omit Strawberry. I'd had a lot of berry flavors and wanted just iced cookie.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's a good description. I agree, a touch of spice. I'm getting that, too, but it's a warm, light spice, kind of like how honey reacts to your tongue, but this isn't a honey flavor, just something I can't name, lol. I made this a week ago, been vaping it since last night. This is nice, caddisfly! That cookie calmed down, too. I sometimes get a harshness from cookie, but I do LOVE that cookie.

Oh. I did omit Strawberry. I'd had a lot of berry flavors and wanted just iced cookie.
I finally find a use for strawberry, and you toss it out the window. Well, I'll be... :D I'm glad you like it and I'll have to try it sans strawberry. Hummm, perhaps a touch of sesame? Anyway, I'm going to try it nude.

I couldn't properly talk about cola last night (friends were here). First, I do not like cola sodas. Coke, Pepsi and RC taste like sweetened something you don't want to think about. That said, I really like to vape FA Cola. First, it adds an exotic spicy tone. Second it helps meld other flavors together. Finally, it adds fizz. This fizz is probably in my mind, but I cannot deny its presence.

I'm glad you like the recipe and thanks for the ideas. Cookie, cookie, cookie...

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hummm, perhaps a touch of sesame? ...Cookie, cookie, cookie...

(Assuming you mean Inawera Sesame) Yeah - do that! If you like cookies from the Asian markets, you're going to like it. It can be used for interesting savory pie crust, too.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
(Assuming you mean Inawera Sesame) Yeah - do that! If you like cookies from the Asian markets, you're going to like it. It can be used for interesting savory pie crust, too.
Thats exactly what I mean. I'd been looking for it and found it on Vapers Tek. It came yesterday with my NIC order. I tasted it at 2% and it is tasty. 2% is probably too high though. It's strong stuff.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ordered it with mine last week and it isn't in my package :(
Oh, no. I hope it was was a mistake on their part and they are going to get it in the mail right away. If not, I'd be willing to share my 10ml bottle. Just let me know.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh, no. I hope it was was a mistake on their part and they are going to get it in the mail right away. If not, I'd be willing to share my 10ml bottle. Just let me know.
Very kind of you to offer. I PM'd him, so I'm sure it'll be taken care of. I was really looking forward to that one, too. Thanks, though :)

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You're welcome. We think alike or at least have a similar flavor profile.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh great! I am vaping caps cake batter. Idk what bad stuff smells like, but this doesn't smell chemically to me. I smell a rich vanilla sweet cake batter! A concentrated drop on the tongue burns...that's probally not good. Bottle says made in USA...not to ingest directly and keep away from open flame. Bottle label is original capella. No fats, calories, or sweeteners. Non flavor ingredients pg. Mixed at 6% on 1.8 ohm aspire bvc coil on istick @ 6watts...I taste a light white or yellow cake...hmm to me it tastes more baked than batter. Gave a 10 monthly water bath. It tastes a little gooey. It smells like a cake baking in the oven.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh great! I am vaping caps cake batter. Idk what bad stuff smells like, but this doesn't smell chemically to me. I smell a rich vanilla sweet cake batter! A concentrated drop on the tongue burns...that's probally not good. Bottle says made in USA...not to ingest directly and keep away from open flame. Bottle label is original capella. No fats, calories, or sweeteners. Non flavor ingredients pg. Mixed at 6% on 1.8 ohm aspire bvc coil on istick @ 6watts...I taste a light white or yellow cake...hmm to me it tastes more baked than batter. Gave a 10 monthly water bath. It tastes a little gooey. It smells like a cake baking in the oven.
Thanks for being the guinea pig Daintanee. I would imagine that with most concentrated flavors a drop on the tongue would burn, so that is not too much of a worry. The only concerns I would have is if the "bad things" are in the flavoring. Perhaps HIC while see this and comment.

I suppose the question should be; do you see a use for it?

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't use many CAP's flavors, but that one is awesome. If memory serves, it doesn't contain the badies.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks for being the guinea pig Daintanee. I would imagine that with most concentrated flavors a drop on the tongue would burn, so that is not too much of a worry. The only concerns I would have is if the "bad things" are in the flavoring. Perhaps HIC while see this and comment.

I suppose the question should be; do you see a use for it?

First the great news: sure there's use for it! Lots of people love those flavors. It's sweet and buttery and creamy. More reasonably good news: it's a flavor they won't ship internationally, which means it has quite a bit of alcohol in it, and that's the tongue burn. That's not unusual at all, and it helps explain why so many people recommend "steeping" those creamy/buttery Caps flavors.

On inhalation...The bottom line on Capella is, if you have ingredient concerns, don't vape their flavorings. Or do it Bill Clinton style, and don't inhale. Even Capella says they're not for inhalation. They still don't associate themselves with vaping. Email them asking about inhalation - you'll see what I mean. Search their website for "vape" or "inhalation" - nothing. Here is their line, from their FAQ about diacetyl: "Even though Diacetyl is on the FDA approved GRAS list for flavoring manufacturers, there are other compounds available to mimic a buttery/creamy taste." Could be acetoin, acetyl propionyl, butric acid, and other subs.

I have about 25 Capella flavors. I personally detect a heavy load of subs in all but 2, which are fruit flavors. I know what percentage of those chemicals it takes to make me wanna heave when I smell the bottle, and Cake Batter is fairly high on that list. That's no lab report - just my personal reaction! I heave at FA kitchen flavors, too. When I wrote this about FW's caramel flavors, I got a lot of heat...until a flavor vendor had those tested and found 8%. It confirmed my physical reaction. That smell doesn't mean they taste bad vaped, at least not to everyone, and apparently most people like the smell right from the bottle, but I'm not the only one who gets this reaction.

There are flavors with diacetyl/subs that smell fine to me, so I can not always detect it. But I have a perfect track record so far on the flip side (makes my stomach turn, has those chemicals). As TFA started posting that info on their website, my hunches proved true. It's still no lab report - just my opinion on the Caps.

Here's a rule of thumb I follow myself. If it's batter, cake, butter, meat, pastry, anything "fried" tasting, pecan (dammit), or rich-cream flavoring, it has diacetyl or subs. Those actual foods are all made with butter or other fat, and for the flavoring to taste right, it needs some buttery/fatty flavoring. With creative mixing you CAN mimic those flavor (sometimes!), but no company has a magical "safe" buttery molecule that the others don't know about.

I'll just leave it there - all just my opinion.
:)

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
First the great news: sure there's use for it! Lots of people love those flavors. It's sweet and buttery and creamy. More reasonably good news: it's a flavor they won't ship internationally, which means it has quite a bit of alcohol in it, and that's the tongue burn. That's not unusual at all, and it helps explain why so many people recommend "steeping" those creamy/buttery Caps flavors.

On inhalation...The bottom line on Capella is, if you have ingredient concerns, don't vape their flavorings. Or do it Bill Clinton style, and don't inhale. Even Capella says they're not for inhalation. They still don't associate themselves with vaping. Email them asking about inhalation - you'll see what I mean. Search their website for "vape" or "inhalation" - nothing. Here is their line, from their FAQ about diacetyl: "Even though Diacetyl is on the FDA approved GRAS list for flavoring manufacturers, there are other compounds available to mimic a buttery/creamy taste." Could be acetoin, acetyl propionyl, butric acid, and other subs.

I have about 25 Capella flavors. I personally detect a heavy load of subs in all but 2, which are fruit flavors. I know what percentage of those chemicals it takes to make me wanna heave when I smell the bottle, and Cake Batter is fairly high on that list. That's no lab report - just my personal reaction! I heave at FA kitchen flavors, too. When I wrote this about FW's caramel flavors, I got a lot of heat...until a flavor vendor had those tested and found 8%. It confirmed my physical reaction. That smell doesn't mean they taste bad vaped, at least not to everyone, and apparently most people like the smell right from the bottle, but I'm not the only one who gets this reaction.

There are flavors with diacetyl/subs that smell fine to me, so I can not always detect it. But I have a perfect track record so far on the flip side (makes my stomach turn, has those chemicals). As TFA started posting that info on their website, my hunches proved true. It's still no lab report - just my opinion on the Caps.

Here's a rule of thumb I follow myself. If it's batter, cake, butter, meat, pastry, anything "fried" tasting, pecan (dammit), or rich-cream flavoring, it has diacetyl or subs. Those actual foods are all made with butter or other fat, and for the flavoring to taste right, it needs some buttery/fatty flavoring. With creative mixing you CAN mimic those flavor (sometimes!), but no company has a magical "safe" buttery molecule that the others don't know about.

I'll just leave it there - all just my opinion.
Thanks for writing this HIC. It clears up a lot of things in my mind. I try to avoid the diacetyl and others not because they might harm me, I'm an old man and I don't believe I have enough time here for them to accumulate to harmful levels. It's because I too get nauseous when I vape them.

I watch VULive and have won approximately 30 bottles of juice and of those about 2/3's make me nauseous after 4 or so hits. Even though they taste good. That is the reason I avoid diacetyls et. al. TFA discloses their flavors with "bad stuff" and I tested those marked such and each of them gave me the queasy feeling. Once again, thanks.

BTW I was worried that Inawera Sesame might do the same. It hasn't and I've been vaping it on and off all day.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hahaha Bill Clinton style!! Well shits about the cake batter. In my humble of an opinion it's not that great of a flavor to be worth it...but butter pecan from fw or what was the other pecan flavor co., HIC? They are worth it! All a matter of taste opinion. Thanks for the info. Hic

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hahaha Bill Clinton style!! Well shits about the cake batter. In my humble of an opinion it's not that great of a flavor to be worth it...but butter pecan from fw or what was the other pecan flavor co., HIC? They are worth it! All a matter of taste opinion. Thanks for the info. Hic

That other Butter Pecan was Nature's Flavors. I can't smell the bottle (or FW's), but as long as I keep it to tiny bits, I can vape it and enjoy it. But I know what's in there... Same with Inawera Sesame. When I say "tiny bits" you might be surprised how very little I mean...when I vape questionable ingredients, I often start with a dilution to use as flavoring. It helps bypass my gag reaction. Mmmmm, how appetizing is that, lol!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Inw cake batter
Um, a use for it? Crampmolothew used it in only that recipe. I'm so new to this I couldn't say...I know Wllmc used it in a few recipes....I was hoping to add it to my vanillas...but not so sure.
So I dumped together about 3% cake batter...I'm guessing 2%lime Tahiti...it kinda squirted out....1% custard .75 % Jamaican Rum and mandarin, .5% coconut, lime c.p., cardamom. I taste a lime jello type cake. Like a white cake with lime jello d

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
HeadInClouds I sure get where you are coming from I get the same reaction to AP:confused: After mixing it down to use I could smell it in here for a few days:( And I agree it is super hard for me to want to use even a tiny bit of a tiny bit LOL:eek:

ouzel

Member For 4 Years
Since you guys seem to really know your stuff....and at the risk of becoming a pest...I promise I won't ask another question for a while. :| but....
I'm slowly making my way through a bunch of HIC's recipes since I've gotten some FA flavors....
I'm trying to make small sample sizes to see if I like the recipe...3-5ml each but how do you guys get 0.25% of a flavor into your mixes?
Is there some trick to it or am I just stuck with having to make a dilution with the flavor then using that or just making a larger mix so that 1 drop equals 0.25%?

I'm hoping there's a trick to it.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since you guys seem to really know your stuff....and at the risk of becoming a pest...I promise I won't ask another question for a while. :| but....
I'm slowly making my way through a bunch of HIC's recipes since I've gotten some FA flavors....
I'm trying to make small sample sizes to see if I like the recipe...3-5ml each but how do you guys get 0.25% of a flavor into your mixes?
Is there some trick to it or am I just stuck with having to make a dilution with the flavor then using that or just making a larger mix so that 1 drop equals 0.25%?

If you don't want to dilute it (and I rarely do this) just double your mix. I usually make 6ml testers, because that works out with the drops I use, but if there's one flavor that needs .25 I just make 12 ml. Or, depending on the flavor I might just try and make it a tiny drop for an idea!

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You could just mix a flavor bottle making the 0.25% ingrediant as one drop and any 0.5% flavor as two drops and so on. Just keep the ratios the same and use the total % to mix with your base. Say all the flavors add up to 6%, make your sample at that percentage from your flavor bottle, be it 3,6,10 or whatever. It's good to have flavor bottles for your favorite recipe as well as it saves a lot of time.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Don't stop asking questions! It's how we ALL learn!

ouzel

Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the replies guys...so I guess there's no wizard vapery going on then :)
I guess I'll just make a larger size mix - I like to keep things tidy and and having different dilutions of different flavors will drive me crazy.
And I'm sure I'll screw up at some point and use a dilution when I'm meant to use full strength and vice versa and yada yada.
Ah well, if I don't like a recipe, I can just pass the mix on to someone who isn't as picky as I am.
Thanks again and thanks Daintanee, I'll keep that in mind. :)

VU Sponsors