Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

zolt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@M5amhan when I first ordered from FA, I got a chart with my order saying adding a drop to 4ml equals 1%. I use this metric in my mixes and I think it works well.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@M5amhan when I first ordered from FA, I got a chart with my order saying adding a drop to 4ml equals 1%. I use this metric in my mixes and I think it works well.

The original bottles then have a different drop size to some of the repackaged bottles. I know that with the Pure Vapes bottles 1 drop/6ml is 0.5%!

shawski123

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thanks. just added two drops to about 8 or 9ml looking for 1%

Ihave been using drops straight from the FA bottles and find what Hic said is spot on for me, that was 1 drop in 3ml = 1% 2 drops in 1ml 2% etc...
I get about 35 drops aml from FA bottles of concentrate.
When i put this info in calculator is darn close to what Hic told me . Hope this helped.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
1 drop in 3ml is roughly 1%, from the original FA bottles I've got (with non-pointy nozzles).

Last time I ordered they included a very confusing little card:

FAMixingTipsCard.jpg

There's some very odd numbers on there!!

Last edited:

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
thanks everyone, 1 drop in 3ml being 1% sounds good can multiply that out if needed.. this lemon raspberry mix is damn good though!! :eek: i guess it would be 3% lemon sicily 1% (roughly) raspberry mmmmmmmm

Brownie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When I was buying his pre-mades, that was one of my ADV. YUMMY stuff, but yeah, I figured the same in regards to custard notes. I do know it has several flavorings in it according to Ben. I ran into him one day, he would give me clues on flavorings, but never vendor names, lol.

Yeah its yummy for sure! So do you have any clue as to what the Lemon might be?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No, sorry. He has a way of livening up some fruits though. I used to get an orange cream from him that I've not been able I match for the life of me.

Vangrl

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well it's been a while since I posted here. First off, thank you for the suggestions offered.

I think I have decided, at least for right now, I don't like water or saline as part of my mixes. So as of right now everything is VG VT nic plus VG plus flavoring.

In mixes containing fresh cream I still get a hint of the chemically/chlorine taste that I smell in the concentrated flavor even at tiny percentages. My pineapple still has a slightly oiniony taste (tried wllmc's pina kolada and the onionyness does not complement it well). The Irish cream still tastes Hershey's chocolate syrupy to me (made HIC's Irish cream milkshake and I get the slight chemically fresh cream and chocolate syrupy taste there also). It would be nice to try someone else's fresh cream, Irish cream and pineapple to see if mine taste normal or if there is an issue. If anyone would be willing to send me a small sample of them in VT nic and VG (and possibly an unflavored VT nic plus VG sample, more on this later in the post) I live in Loveland Colorado and will gladly pay for supplies and shipping.

On a couple of positive notes, I mixed up HIC's limoncello torrone parfait and it is a winner! Today I decided to try the same recipe with melon instead of lemon, since they are made up of the same letters just shuffled around, and it too is deliciousness in a bottle! I am finally starting to see some hope in DIY, thank you HIC!

Wllmc, I would love to hear some more of your thoughts on FA in a dripper. What percentages would you recommend for standalone flavors compared to, say, HIC's notes on single flavors?

On a vaprestek nic note, and i apologise if this is not the right place to post this, I received a replacement bottle from Kevin. I sent him a lengthy email with my experiences a few days ago and have not heard back yet so wanted to ask here for those that have tried it. When you smell the bottle of VT nic, what exactly do you smell? If you have tried it unflavored in VG, do you taste anything? Does anyone get a burning sensation in the back of the throat and nose or get a runny nose when vaping it? I get a slightly chemically/burnt or hot rubber smell from the bottle of nic, I taste this also in an unflavored mix even down to 3mg/ml (the taste/smell is not present when vaping my VG straight). I get a burning sensation in the back of my mouth/throat/nose when vaping the VT nic unflavored at 3mg/ml and the burn gets stronger at higher mg/ml mixes. Also, for some reason I seem to get a runny nose when I vape the VT nic... It is not bad at 3mg/ml but gets worse at higher mixes.

Well, that's me for now. I hope everyone has a great rest of their day.

I just got some 50/50 vg/pg VT nic and made up some plain 12mg base, I've been away on holidays this past week so I haven't had any time to try mixing flavours with it, but I brought about 10ml's of the plain base with me to vape on holidays. It's great! I'm really enjoying it even without any flavour added, and there is no way in hell that I would have been able to enjoy my RTS or ECX plain, they have a stronger taste to them that I don't care for unless flavoured.
I can barely detect any smell in my VT nic, and I don't get any of the symptoms that you've mentioned, I just taste a hint of sweetness and a really nice little T.H.

I got my nic base from VT in a much lower nic than 100mg, so my opinion on smell may not be useful, as I'd imagine a 100mg bottle would smell stronger than a 36mg bottle.

zolt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
1 drop in 3ml is roughly 1%, from the original FA bottles I've got (with non-pointy nozzles).

Last time I ordered they included a very confusing little card:

View attachment 3719

There's some very odd numbers on there!!
According to this, it's one drop per 4ml for 1% and that's the one I use. If you divide 5 drops in 10ml by five, you get 1 drop in 2ml to get 2%, meaning you need 1 drop in 4ml to get to 1%.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the sake of being semi-scientific and for reference I dripped 3ml worth of FA Pineapple from a 5ml eliquidmart bottle into a 3ml syringe. 99 drops got me to 3ml. Attached is a picture of the dropper and syringe.
View attachment 3742
Again, drop sizes may differ from dropper to dropper but this is what I got with mine as pictured.
Yup, that's about right for the little wide stoppers! Which is why I use the general rule of thumb of 0.5% to 6ml per drop from my PV bottles:D

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Have you tried IW Biscuit? It's described as a 'buttery' flavor.....I want to get it, but it makes me think it's something I should avoid!

I did a side-by-side of it with FA Cookie. If I didn't know better, I would say Inawera Biscuit is just FA Cookie diluted a bit, with sweetener added. But I'm sure they wouldn't do that.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Yup, that's about right for the little wide stoppers! Which is why I use the general rule of thumb of 0.5% to 6ml per drop from my PV bottles:D

me, too - they make it easy for me to whip up little 3ml batches of juice.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did a side-by-side of it with FA Cookie. If I didn't know better, I would say Inawera Biscuit is just FA Cookie diluted a bit, with sweetener added. But I'm sure they wouldn't do that.

Really? LOL Well, they were out of biscuit, so I ordered 'spicy biscuit' instead. Most probably your ginger cookie base....LOL

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
..So as of right now everything is VG VT nic plus VG plus flavoring.

.. On a couple of positive notes, I mixed up HIC's limoncello torrone parfait and it is a winner! Today I decided to try the same recipe with melon instead of lemon, since they are made up of the same letters just shuffled around

....Also, for some reason I seem to get a runny nose when I vape the VT nic... It is not bad at 3mg/ml but gets worse at higher mixes.

No water or PG sure wouldn't work for me, but then I don't use drippers. As thick as that is, how do you get flavorings well mixed? Do you heat it or have some fancy labor-saving device?

Lemon, melon - rearranging the letters is an hilarious source of inspiration. Now there's a flavor combination you can vape but could never actually make in food version. Next time I'm brave enough to vape melons, I'll keep that in mind.

I also vape max-VG, but with water to thin it. If I vape hard and make huge clouds, exhale through my nose or French-inhale the vapor, I get condensation in my nose, just like a runny nose. I'm not usually a cloud-chaser compared to most, so it's not a frequent issue for me.

I forgot where you said your flavorings came from... If not from purevapes, they're a good (cheap) source for small FA flavoring samples - 3ml for $1.50. Eliquidmart.com has 5ml for $1.69. Maybe it's worth getting the problem flavors from a different vendor, just to see. (I buy tiny bottles myself and don't really have reasonable amounts to part with.) I really doubt you got a 'bad bottle' of more than 1-2, though. I have gotten a couple that I think the vendor did not shake well before dosing out, but I think that's pretty rare. I've never heard anyone say Fresh Cream smells/vapes like chlorine; while some people ARE put off by smelling the bottle, I don't recall seeing any reviews ever saying it tastes bad. Not everyone likes FA Pineapple, and I've often wondered what they heck is in their bottle, given the descriptions. I don't know if the flavoring can 'spoil' or we just have vastly different impressions of it, but you're not the only one to dislike it! After you posted, I found a comment on a European website saying Irish Cream tasted like it had chocolate. Though I have never heard anyone say they preferred a different brand's Irish Cream over FA's, I think not everyone is a fan of the flavor in general. You might give TFA's Irish Cream a try sometime (I think it's horrid, but I'm sure some people like it.)

I probably already asked if you're shaking the flavoring bottles before measuring, but I'll add that in case I forgot earlier.

I hope you have some more mixing successes soon!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Its like FA cookie + a hint of spice like nutmeg maybe and its much more potent 0.75-1% does it for me. My first stand alone to sample Biscuit was 1.5% and I just tasted that again - no butter notes, more so AP and very similar to cookie. I dont find it to be "buttery" at all stand alone. The Spicy Biscuit, I have not tried yet - that one may be buttery- idrk.

haha - Inawera's is stronger to you, weaker to me. But we agree about the AP, anyway. I wish I tasted nutmeg in mine. In fact, I wish someone made plain nutmeg flavor. I use TFA Holiday Spice for nutmeg, but it has an unpleasant cinnamon in the background. Oh - I didn't try that Inawera Spicy Biscuit, either. I like only 1 of the 10 flavors I've tried, so I gave up on Inawera.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
haha - Inawera's is stronger to you, weaker to me. But we agree about the AP, anyway. I wish I tasted nutmeg in mine. In fact, I wish someone made plain nutmeg flavor. I use TFA Holiday Spice for nutmeg, but it has an unpleasant cinnamon in the background. Oh - I didn't try that Inawera Spicy Biscuit, either. I like only 1 of the 10 flavors I've tried, so I gave up on Inawera.

think I saw medicine flower carries a nutmeg flavor..

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
According to this, it's one drop per 4ml for 1% and that's the one I use. If you divide 5 drops in 10ml by five, you get 1 drop in 2ml to get 2%, meaning you need 1 drop in 4ml to get to 1%.

According to that, well, pick a number! Most of it suggests 25 drops per ml (1 drop in 4ml to get to 1%), but the drops for higher percents in the 5ml and 50ml columns aren't consistent with the rest of it at all!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
think I saw medicine flower carries a nutmeg flavor..

I looked into that company a long time ago and wasn't finding ingredient info that satisfied me. Trustworthy, or questionable, in your opinion? I'll 'need' nutmeg for the holidays...

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Did you try smoked plum? I mixed it at 2% with 4% FA Fresh cream, and it's really delish :)

bobskinner

Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the reply HIC.

I shake the flavors and mixes A LOT! Flavors always get shaken before mixing and then the mixed bottles get run under hot water for a few minutes and that tends to thin it out ample for good shaking. I spread my mixing days out to give my arms and shoulders time to recover from the previous session's shaking :)

I got my flavors from eliquidmart might have to try purevapes on a few flavors but the bargain hunter in me is resisting since eliquidmart is cheaper per ml.

I am still kinda on the fence with the VapersTek nicotine. I just mixed up some 12mg/ml for someone and tested it before sending it off. I can usually vape 12-18mg just fine with my RTS nic or store-bought liquids but the VT makes my chest feel tight at 12mg...? I have been mixing it at 3mg for myself and that seems to work OK but I do find myself craving a little more nicotine at times.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I looked into that company a long time ago and wasn't finding ingredient info that satisfied me. Trustworthy, or questionable, in your opinion? I'll 'need' nutmeg for the holidays...

I'd trust.. just got a sample of vanilla chai tea from Open Source juice..
@Joshua McCord uses a ton of flavorings from medicine flower..

I have to give it to him, this is pretty sweet juice :D

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I know the feeling, I am going to mix something tonight though after work (woo hoo). I got a pretty big order in of a lot of FA tobacco and some fruits, a few TFA and I think something from FW. Black cigar came in from VZ too...I want to mix one recipe idea of mine, still trying to copy Roar's peach too, but also want to mix a few of HIC's recipes and some of smokey's to get me going with tobaccos. I have not really made many at all yet, or at least no blends of tobacco, or desert types.
haha awesome you have your hands full. I love flavor orders, finding time is hard. I have so many i haven't even tried yet but I still keep ordering more lol.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
haha awesome you have your hands full. I love flavor orders, finding time is hard. I have so many i haven't even tried yet but I still keep ordering more lol.

Do we all have a little corner reserved for the 'why did I ever order THAT' flavors? I get a little giddy putting together flavor orders, but some in my collection are truly useless. (smoked plums would end up there)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Do we all have a little corner reserved for the 'why did I ever order THAT' flavors? I get a little giddy putting together flavor orders, but some in my collection are truly useless. (smoked plums would end up there)

i used to.. but then i learned it isn't good for me to horde flavors that someone else might like lmao.. :p
so i sell them off and use the money on new to me flavors or other supplies..

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Wllmc, I would love to hear some more of your thoughts on FA in a dripper. What percentages would you recommend for standalone flavors compared to, say, HIC's notes on single flavors?

howdy :) I am still in the trial and error stage myself for my quest for awesome dripping recipes. it seems to me that my old percents I used for kayfuns and kanger tanks just do not taste like they did before. not bad but different. HIC and I are pretty close on single flavors, 2% ish . it seems I have to go under or over 2%. if I do .5-1% I get nice light flavors. 3-4% real flavorful. I am on a strict VT diet also ha. it kinda depends what ohms you are vaping at. I have got pretty hooked somehow on .3 ohms. I never really liked low ohms before. but I am sold on dual parallel coils. work got stressful and I needed more umph in my nicotine delivery. it did the trick now I am stuck on it. for now. who knows maybe Iclears next year, ha. I make 10 pg 90 vg and I do not get any flavor muting. seems like I have less shake and vape recipes at .3 ohms and 90 vg. I have been making bigger batches and letting them sit and rotating once a week or speed steeping on the dashboard lol.

EDIT ......... and I know that seems wierd, its like duh low is light and high is more flavorful, but its the whole 2% thing. I just dont like it. nothing has tasted right. I think its in my head but whatever I just do what my brain says to do lol.

Last edited:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
agh I dont even want to talk about it lol.... like 15 out of the last 20 I have bought I have not liked. please flavor art make more flavors !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joshua McCord

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
I'd trust.. just got a sample of vanilla chai tea from Open Source juice..
@Joshua McCord uses a ton of flavorings from medicine flower..

I have to give it to him, this is pretty sweet juice :D
I use their nutmeg in the my vanilla chai and in my cola. Nothing bad to say about any of their flavors (excepting white cherry, but that may just be my tastes) or their service - although it'd be great if they were cheaper. You won't be disappointed - just keep the percentage low.

bobskinner

Member For 4 Years
howdy :) I am still in the trial and error stage myself for my quest for awesome dripping recipes. it seems to me that my old percents I used for kayfuns and kanger tanks just do not taste like they did before. not bad but different. HIC and I are pretty close on single flavors, 2% ish . it seems I have to go under or over 2%. if I do .5-1% I get nice light flavors. 3-4% real flavorful. I am on a strict VT diet also ha. it kinda depends what ohms you are vaping at. I have got pretty hooked somehow on .3 ohms. I never really liked low ohms before. but I am sold on dual parallel coils. work got stressful and I needed more umph in my nicotine delivery. it did the trick now I am stuck on it. for now. who knows maybe Iclears next year, ha. I make 10 pg 90 vg and I do not get any flavor muting. seems like I have less shake and vape recipes at .3 ohms and 90 vg. I have been making bigger batches and letting them sit and rotating once a week or speed steeping on the dashboard lol.

EDIT ......... and I know that seems wierd, its like duh low is light and high is more flavorful, but its the whole 2% thing. I just dont like it. nothing has tasted right. I think its in my head but whatever I just do what my brain says to do lol.

Thanks for the input wllmc! My current happy place is a dual coil triple twisted 30guage kanthal at about 0.4ohm. Kinda the same as a triple parallel except the wires decided they liked hanging out with each other so much that they played and epic game of twister...

I am in the process of either vaping or tossing my 4% single flavor mixes and will then start a new batch at lower percentages without saline or water added.

I just took a couple hour break from vaping and came back to my melon torrone parfait at 3mg VT nic and it burns/stings my throat... It is quite uncomfortable! Anyone have any idea why this might be? After a while the burn subsides but why would it start out like that? The vapor temperature is cool. It is the same stinging sensation as I get more consistently at a 12mg VT nic mix. Weird.

I'm off to bed, good night all!

CreepyLady

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@bobskinner any change to your bases? My thought is maybe the PG/VG came from somewhere else or is from a different batch with an issue if they are new? (if you tested the bases separately and I missed the post - sorry in advance :) )

CreepyLady

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Out of curiosity I put some of each from standalon mixes in a clearo and dusted off the MVP - tastes TOTALLY different than on my RDA. The spice in plain Biscuit is non existent and FA Cookie seems more potent. Different equipment makes a big difference!! I have identical mixes with the exception that one has IW Biscuit (0.75%) and one has FA Cookie (2%) and on my RDA I barely get Cookie in the FA mix and the IW Biscuit is the foremost flavor in the other. Crazy.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Out of curiosity I put some of each from standalon mixes in a clearo and dusted off the MVP - tastes TOTALLY different than on my RDA. The spice in plain Biscuit is non existent and FA Cookie seems more potent. Different equipment makes a big difference!! I have identical mixes with the exception that one has IW Biscuit (0.75%) and one has FA Cookie (2%) and on my RDA I barely get Cookie in the FA mix and the IW Biscuit is the foremost flavor in the other. Crazy.

this is why it is good to test out your juice you make into different vaporizing accessories..
that way you can pick up the changes etc.. to make it taste like it does in a rba or clearo.. :)

Joshua McCord

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Different compounds vaporize more/less effectively at different temperatures. Don't have a link handy but it's from research re: vaping herbs % eo (not specifically that one but rather various ones)

CreepyLady

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
this is why it is good to test out your juice you make into different vaporizing accessories..
that way you can pick up the changes etc.. to make it taste like it does in a rba or clearo.. :)

I never bother with this step as everything I make is used by myself and the other half on a Reo+RDA - no variations/accessories, I generally taste something *very* similar to HICs descriptions, so curiosity got the better of me on this one and I dredged up some old backups. I had to know :)

Also - wanted to share the info in case others use this flavor in a mix on either type of equipment they can be prepared to alter accordingly.

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I never bother with this step as everything I make is used by myself and the other half on a Reo+RDA - no variations/accessories, I generally taste something *very* similar to HICs descriptions, so curiosity got the better of me on this one and I dredged up some old backups. I had to know :)

Also - wanted to share the info in case others use this flavor in a mix on either type of equipment they can be prepared to alter accordingly.

the juice I make and sell local.. most of my friends are drippers.. so not much need in me doing it, either..
but it is something to keep in mind.. makes me wonder too much :p :D

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ew...TFA Irish Cream is nasty! I mean, really nasty!!

I thought so too. Then used the smallest %. I forget maybe 2% and added nf butterscotch. Gave it to a couple of friends and called it a buttery nipple ;-) it smelled good and friends liked it

vaping one day at a time

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hey fruit fans! Wanna turn your bowl-of-fresh-fruit into a familiar juice blend flavor?

A whole new class of flavors just opened up to me. (pretty obvious, but it took this long to occur to me, so maybe someone doesn't know this yet)

You know how "100% fruit juice" blends list apple + grape juice as the main ingredients? You can TOTALLY flavor-match those fruit juices with FA! FlavourArt Apple (not Fuji) and White Grape work the magic. They sweeten and tame FA's fresh-fruit flavors to taste like real juice blends. Very authentic flavor, just like you'd expect from FA.

I'm using 1% Apple, 0.5% White Grape, plus 1-1.5% of the main fruit flavor. For the main fruit flavors, Pineapple-(plain)Peach-Mango tastes like the Ocean Spray juice of that name. Pomegranate-Bilberry tastes like a Welch's juice blend with blueberry. Strawberry-Kiwi is like Old Orchard's "100% Juice Kiwi Strawberry."

So if you want to turn your bowl-of-fruits into totally familiar fruit juice flavor, that's how. :) Just look at the ingredient list on your favorite commercial 100% juice blend, and have at it. (I might even finally make a cranberry juice cocktail I really like with TFA's Cranberry. The real stuff contains only 27% cranberry juice.)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Wow I was going to post the same thing but I'm at work on tapatalk ..I have a bottle of peach Tropicana and it has peach and Apple juice ..the passion fruit juice is mixed with white grape juice...great post you beat me to it

Great minds thinking alike, lol! Yeah - and since (U.S.) ingredient lists are in order of percentages, it's easy to flavor-match a "100% Juice Blend" on the very first try. Poof! - Grape Concord gets juiced!

VU Sponsors