Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I didn't heed the warnings others gave about it possibly causing chest tightness. I just really wanted cool strawberries 'n' cream.

I should've listened.

Some people swear by it, though, so it doesn't affect everyone the way it does some.
Yikes, is that caused by some sort of allergic reaction or what? I don't enjoy a cooling sensation in a vape but what would cause that?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
My partner and I just passed our 1 year vape-iversary. It took nearly the whole year, but we've found our favorite flavors, the best (in our opinion) nic, recipes we love, excellent clones for our favorite vendor liquids, even no-hassle hardware we're pleased with. I no longer feel compelled to buy every new thing. I don't even feel compelled to stockpile. In case of vape-ocalypse I know exactly what to buy, how much, and where. Come to think of it, that's not bad for 1 year. Best of all - we both quit smoking!
congrats HIC !!!!!!!! thats awesome! come to think of it mine passed sometime in august also. #vapelyfe crazy a year has passed. feels great right !

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Got Fuji, Vienna , fresh cream and Tahiti in one tank. Vaping alternately with a tank filled with White peach, bilberry and Strawberry....... while watching Trailer Park Boys and eating some teriyaki chicken wings....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pass some wings and juice lol

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Apart from my usual rotates*... I tried TFA Popcorn with FA Custard. Well, to be accurate: I tried the Popcorn, too strong, emptied the tank, put some plain AVG in, vaped that, still too strong! Then put some Custard in. Not bad, but still don't like the aftertaste that lingers for ages. Oh well :)

* my Banana Cookie, wllmc's Coconut Banana cream Pie, my Bilberry Apple Pie w/Custard, my Pralines, TFA Banana Nut Bread, Fuji, White Peach, my Peppered Cucmber, Pear.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Irish cream kind of day. what everyone vaping ?

Just waking up so it's tobacco with my morning coffee. Yes I know what time it is.
S'Camel starting off but I am seriously thinking about the RY4 that might be ready. I think I should give it a try. It is always an irish cream kind of day... that will come later for me. :p

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Dang it Huck! glassgrl starts another cart.....

If you're getting FA Coconut, better add Cardamom, Marzipan, and/or Oakwood - for spicy, toasted, and/or dry-husk effects.

I'm Huck's opposite with coconut. I love to eat it, but if it's not mixed just right, and I'm not in the right mood, I can't vape it.

zolt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone have any crazy recipes with cola? I really like the flavor, but can't seem to come up with anything more complex than cuba libre, cherry cola or whiskey cola. I would really like to see cola in a really complex flavor with 4+ ingredients.

zolt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
By the way, try this: 2% Maxx blend, 1% coconut, .5% oak wood. It's really tasty, but not a real recipe yet.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Irish cream kind of day. what everyone vaping ?

Licorice gelato in one tank. All kinds of breakfast danish toppings ideas together in another. A ralph-able attempt at a dumb idea in one other, about to be replaced with Grand Marnier.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
By the way, try this: 2% Maxx blend, 1% coconut, .5% oak wood. It's really tasty, but not a real recipe yet.

Zolt, did you ever vape a White Cloud disposable Bora Bora flavor? Maxx, coconut, and oakwood were all in my attempts to match that flavor. Never did quite get it, though.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Yikes, is that caused by some sort of allergic reaction or what? I don't enjoy a cooling sensation in a vape but what would cause that?

My partner began having similar reactions to Koolada after vaping lots of it regularly (added to mint flavors). I replaced it with Flavor West Extreme Ice, and all is well again. Koolada hits me in the lungs, too. The cool exhale is an interesting sensation, but we are both preferring Extreme Ice for the mouth-cooling (versus lung-punch) it adds. I have to keep it low to avoid tasting the menthol, but my partner likes it strong.

zolt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Zolt, did you ever vape a White Cloud disposable Bora Bora flavor? Maxx, coconut, and oakwood were all in my attempts to match that flavor. Never did quite get it, though.
I actually never vaped any vendor liquids other than "apple", "apricot" and "some kind of premium tobacco" from Ovale. I pretty much went straight to DIY.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you're getting FA Coconut, better add Cardamom, Marzipan, and/or Oakwood - for spicy, toasted, and/or dry-husk effects.

I'm Huck's opposite with coconut. I love to eat it, but if it's not mixed just right, and I'm not in the right mood, I can't vape it.

Have those. lol I think I have every coconut except FA. Most of them aren't quite right to me either.

zolt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FA's coconut is great, but tastes more like some kind of coconut cream, coconut milk or coconut oil, unelss you add oak wood which dries it up and turns into coconut flakes. I use something like 1% coconut and .5% oak wood most of the time.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
just threw the kayfun together,,,,,, ooooohhhhhh the flavor !!!!!!!! so good. think im going to give sub ohms a break for awhile. nothing taste like a kayfun.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just threw the kayfun together,,,,,, ooooohhhhhh the flavor !!!!!!!! so good. think im going to give sub ohms a break for awhile. nothing taste like a kayfun.

I'm with you on that Bruddah !!

I keep going back to it as well

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got a visitor here that likes strawberry and cream...

What do you suggest ? FA Strawberry or TFA Straw Ripe ? Maybe some Vienna Cream and Fresh Cream. ?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Got a visitor here that likes strawberry and cream...

What do you suggest ? FA Strawnerry or TFA Straw Ripe ? Maybe some Vienna Cream and Fresh Cream. ?

depends on the strawberry they have in mind as the perfect strawberry. my favorite of the 2 is FA but I like the natural garden taste it has. most my friends like the different strawberries. I think they have candyish strawberry in mind when they think of strawberry. I usually use inawera strawberry for friends and FA for myself.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I don't have a need for the small size , but I built my first Mini Kayfun today. Seems as good as my ES Kayfuns. ( the biguns )

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
depends on the strawberry they have in mind as the perfect strawberry. my favorite of the 2 is FA but I like the natural garden taste it has. most my friends like the different strawberries. I think they have candyish strawberry in mind when they think of strawberry. I usually use inawera strawberry for friends and FA for myself.
Good idea. I'll give it the David Bowie approach ..... I'll do it both ways.....:)

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I don't have a need for the small size , but I built my first Mini Kayfun today. Seems as good as me ES Kayfuns. ( the biguns )

havent tried the mini. would be cool for changing flavors during the day. when I use the kayfun I vape the same thing all day. vaping my ry4 recipe. tasty.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
nothing against strawberry ripe, I just dont like it . the straberries I keep around are FA, caps sweet strawberry, caps strawberries and cream and inawera. with those 4 I can pretty much make everyone happy lol

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
think I am going to give this one a whirl

Gorila (Cocktail)
Brandy, Coca Cola, Mexican Eggnog

That sounds...different. not sure it's speaking to me. Although my gramps swore by the Chivas regal and milk he drank every night. Man lived into his 90s so who am i to argue.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My kayfun has been sitting for 2 months. Net enough volume of vape and never thought the flavor was strong enough. Was talking about drilling it out earlier today. May have to revisit that.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
That sounds...different. not sure it's speaking to me. Although my gramps swore by the Chivas regal and milk he drank every night. Man lived into his 90s so who am i to argue.
it remined me of this drink i used to have at my aunt and uncles house. think it used whiskey tho instead of brandy. anyways was super good but it you didnt mix it right it just got all curdled up . I tried it once and failed so that was that. ha,

Reactions: Ace

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
My kayfun has been sitting for 2 months. Net enough volume of vape and never thought the flavor was strong enough. Was talking about drilling it out earlier today. May have to revisit that.
really thats crazy. I agree the vapor production is way less. but I always loved my kayfun for the flavor. I was doing the sub ohms for the affect , was struggling for some reason so I need a good hit of nicotine. think I am passed that and just want my flavor back now. I have seen people drill them out, I have not tried it tho.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My favorite creamy addition to strawberry is Custard. Fresh Cream is okay. I don't like it with Vienna (and you know I'm a Vienna fanatic).
FA Custard I presume ?? :rolleyes:

Ill try that..yeah....didnt come out right with the Vienna and Fresh cream....went from .5 and up to 2.0 on the vienna.....1.0 on the Cream. The Strawberry was almost there....but not quite enough.

The TFA wasnt all that... ditched that one after I got to 5%

Starting over.o_O

Last edited:

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
really thats crazy. I agree the vapor production is way less. but I always loved my kayfun for the flavor. I was doing the sub ohms for the affect , was struggling for some reason so I need a good hit of nicotine. think I am passed that and just want my flavor back now. I have seen people drill them out, I have not tried it tho.
Kayfuns give great flavor for a tank but you can still get more with a dripper. Something like a 1.2-1.4 Ohm build with maybe a 1-1.5mm air hole on a dripper with a fairly small chamber will blow the kayfun out of the water for flavor. I like my TridentV2 maybe 25-27W. Problem is when you get too low on the resistance you have to open the airflow up so much you lose flavor.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kayfuns give great flavor for a tank but you can still get more with a dripper. Something like a 1.2-1.4 Ohm build with maybe a 1-1.5mm air hole on a dripper with a fairly small chamber will blow the kayfun out of the water for flavor. I like my TridentV2 maybe 25-27W. Problem is when you get too low on the resistance you have to open the airflow up so much you lose flavor.
I drip with Trident V-2's and Tobhs at the moment....Ive used the trident for about a year now.... to test my DIY flavors and I also use a 1.0 ohm coil in them.....the same as my Kayfuns and Taifuns.

The Tanks are just convenient ....wouldnt say they blow drippers out of the water, though they are tastier........ can be messy at times

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Kayfuns are nice but you can do .4ohm on a Fogger V4+ with airflow to spare. I keep mine about half closed at .45ohm. Never a dry hit or flooding(unless left on its side). Flavor and vapor are far superior (IMO) to all other tank systems I have tried. Foggers 1-3 were not as good as others but v4 is a hit and blows the others away. Couldn't be happier! I own and use several...all other tanks retired.:)

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
On a side note....and we are all friends here....just took my oldest daughter to Indy to move her into college....too teary eyed to mix and miss her so much! :( So happy for her and sad at the same time. This sucks!!! :(
Im dreading that day. when the boys go I will be relieved. lol my little mamma tho. nothing like a daddys girl . going to be hard on me. still have minimum 9 yrs tho. I told Mrs. C . she is just going to stay with us. she said hell no. hahahaha

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On a side note....and we are all friends here....just took my oldest daughter to Indy to move her into college....too teary eyed to mix and miss her so much! :( So happy for her and sad at the same time. This sucks!!! :(
Sorry to hear that......really :(

I have two daughters as well. You think you want them gone....until they are gone.

My 31 year old came back with two grandkids....7 and 8. I tell her she needs to buckle down and gear up to get back out there...... but if she did, I would probably blockade her car and wouldnt let them go...;)

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Kayfuns are nice but you can do .4ohm on a Fogger V4+ with airflow to spare. I keep mine about half closed at .45ohm. Never a dry hit or flooding(unless left on its side). Flavor and vapor are far superior (IMO) to all other tank systems I have tried. Foggers 1-3 were not as good as others but v4 is a hit and blows the others away. Couldn't be happier! I own and use several...all other tanks retired.:)
the fogger V4 was one of the worst experiences I have had. besides kanger tanks. lol. probably was just the one I owned but I hated it honestly.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Havent tried the 4.

Is there a good fasttech or a stateside clone out there I could try ?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Whoaaahhh...... Ouch. I have a friend....Ill try his first.
my experience was different than most. I think the masses would disagree with me . but taste is subjective right . lmao ! the flavor sucked. and that damn bottom fill screw. aint nobody got time for that.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I drip with Trident V-2's and Tobhs at the moment....Ive used the trident for about a year now.... to test my DIY flavors and I also use a 1.0 ohm coil in them.....the same as my Kayfuns and Taifuns.

The Tanks are just convenient ....wouldnt say they blow drippers out of the water, though they are tastier........ can be messy at times

Sure you gotta have a tank and since the kayfun we have access to some amazing tanks. I've been playing around with my new toys for the last couple weeks but haven't quite figured them out perfectly yet. iPV2 and Plume Veil this industry is moving so fast.

I will probably test on the tried and true Trident.

my experience was different than most. I think the masses would disagree with me . but taste is subjective right . lmao ! the flavor sucked. and that damn bottom fill screw. aint nobody got time for that.

I get good flavor with my fogger 4.1. Basically just a dual coil kayfun. Wicking is a bitch though.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now that I have a captive audience...... How much Strawberry to how much Black Currant would you suggest.. ? Just to give me a nice Strawberry experience....

VU Sponsors