Become a Patron!

Forget your egrip? RBA experience now avaiable for it?

samjoseph1024

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When Joyetech released its egrip, a all-in-one collection, some were skeptical of it..Honestly, I do not see its promising market..But I still bought one for my stealthy vape!
Now its RBA base is coming out, really shocked me, look at its structure, way smaller than atlantis coil, but capacity(3.6ml) is good enough...Given the newest collection is a wood one, I decide to grab one with RBA base!
c4bd8f47407b6ce9d13f942204764ed6.jpg

5c237cc16fa91b0402f069bb39fce75d.jpg

74825ce42efe88a438e6fe92bd60f3b4.jpg

wasteyrself

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't fuck with Joyetech but the faux wood styling on that egrip is nice, and the RBA base is very cost-effective. I hope you get what you want out of it.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That makes it very tempting...it doesn't say when it will be shipping, though?

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I might actually be into one of these with that attachment.. hopefully some peeps will post their opinions of it soon!

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like my Egrip. I'll like it even better with this. It's on my list of things to purchase as soon as the early adopter are done doing Joyetech's beta-testing.

samjoseph1024

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That makes it very tempting...it doesn't say when it will be shipping, though?

The shipping date is my concern too. I contacted them a few days before, and they told me the shipping date will be the 10th Dec.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll wait for the reviews, I think! But if it's any good this would make it worth me getting one!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found a website that sold the main unit for $49 - BUT it was 30 business days shipping LOL

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
well this puts the egrip on my list of mods to get, i already liked it but now its worth getting

Spinhat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
it looks like this RBA base doesn't sit flush like the replaceable head does. guess will have to wait to see.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
it looks like this RBA base doesn't sit flush like the replaceable head does. guess will have to wait to see.
Thats just the regular base not screwed in all the way. The RBA base has a hole in the bottom for increased airflow.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was thinking, that RTA head might benefit from a Naval Nest type build with the open airflow hole at the bottom.

vapedick

Member For 4 Years
I was thinking, that RTA head might benefit from a Naval Nest type build with the open airflow hole at the bottom.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have to say I find this device very intriguing! :)

Not a bad price point either.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to say I find this device very intriguing! :)

Not a bad price point either.

I paid $49 for mine - worth every penny. I haven't been as excited about a new piece of equipment since I discovered Reos LOL It just fits the bill for what I need it for - chucking into a purse or travel, when I want something slightly more discrete and fiddle-free but with much more flavor/vapor than something equally as small (if that makes sense).

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good to know! Yes, that makes total sense to me.

I also want a small device that I can carry around while working without worrying too much about it. While my REO is pretty much bulletproof, it does tend to fall out of my shirt pocket all too frequently when I'm moving around and with the atty sitting the way it does, eventually I'm going to break it or the 510 connection.

This might just be the ticket. It would be nice if the battery were replaceable but I'm guessing that might add to the size.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good to know! Yes, that makes total sense to me.

I also want a small device that I can carry around while working without worrying too much about it. While my REO is pretty much bulletproof, it does tend to fall out of my shirt pocket all too frequently when I'm moving around and with the atty sitting the way it does, eventually I'm going to break it or the 510 connection.

This might just be the ticket. It would be nice if the battery were replaceable but I'm guessing that might add to the size.

It's surprisingly heavy for it's size. But I like the weight - it feels solid. I agree, I'd love the battery to be replaceable - maybe later on. I find that when I'm out and about with my Reo I have a habit of oversquonking and getting a leaky mess. Or if it's extremely hot in my car it can self feed.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone got an RBA base yet? My Egrip arrived today, and it's awesome- but I would really like the RBA base!
My RBA heads shipped, but on the slow boat from China:(

Edit: I'll be damned. The parcel has already been dispatched from Shenzen to the destination country.

Last edited:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My RBA heads shipped, but on the slow boat from China:(

From heavengifts? There's another site here that lists it but shows it as out of stock, so I was hoping to get it from there (wherever I found it) eventually. Perhaps the same time as you get yours LOL

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
From heavengifts? There's another site here that lists it but shows it as out of stock, so I was hoping to get it from there (wherever I found it) eventually. Perhaps the same time as you get yours LOL
Yep, Heavens gifts. Had an email exchange with a sales rep, they listed 1300+ heads (their allotment for Joyetech) and sold over 1000 in two days. Mine shipped, but we'll see how long it takes to get here. I'm thinking at least 15 days, hopefully by the end of the year.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, Heavens gifts. Had an email exchange with a sales rep, they listed 1300+ heads (their allotment for Joyetech) and sold over 1000 in two days. Mine shipped, but we'll see how long it takes to get here. I'm thinking at least 15 days, hopefully by the end of the year.

How much was shipping? I might order if the shipping isn't horrible!

Ack- I just checked, and if I only want to pay $5 as opposed to $17 this is what it says:
USA Customers: American customers who think over 40 days delivery is unacceptable for you, please choose EMS express, as airmail to US is often delayed (not detained) by American customs.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmm, I've ordered from them before and gotten it in 15-20 days via China Post. BTW, my quote was $4 for shipping.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heh could be. Just checked, it was dispatched to the destination country (USA) yesterday.

Awesome! Ordered a couple on Saturday (it said they had over 1000 in stock) but they haven't shipped yet....

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If I get mine by the ended of the year, I'll be happy. BTW, Vanilla Raspberry Custard really gunks up those eGrip heads (wow, they are expensive!)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I get mine by the ended of the year, I'll be happy. BTW, Vanilla Raspberry Custard really gunks up those eGrip heads (wow, they are expensive!)

They are expensive - and, stupidly, I managed to destroy a perfectly good one by taking it apart:(

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tried the Vodka method to rejuvenate the coil head, didn't work so I tried the boil for 2 mins method. Nope, dead coil head after that. I've got a pack of heads, so on to a new one....

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally! I managed to place an order for a couple of RBA bases from Joyetech. These things go crazy fast: I had requested to get an email when the product would be back in stock, and *4 times*, I got the email, logged onto Joyetech's site within half an hour, only to find the stock depleted already. Unbelievable. There must be people paid to stalk their website and snap up all these atomizers as soon as they're available...

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea, they move fast. The RBA head and the eGrip looks to be a killer combo. I think 1.2 Ohm is the lowest you can build

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1.2 ohm is fine. My favorite single-coil build is around 1.6 ohm anyway. And yeah, you're right: a rebuildable setup of this size and convenience is unheard of. I love my Egrip, and I expect to love it even more with the RBA base!

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What kind of battery life are you getting?

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wonder how a chimney build with naval nest wicking will work....

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The eGrip is an all in one unit with tank, coil, and battery.

Yeah I get that. The question was how long the internal battery was lasting between charges. I should have phrased it better.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally! I managed to place an order for a couple of RBA bases from Joyetech. These things go crazy fast: I had requested to get an email when the product would be back in stock, and *4 times*, I got the email, logged onto Joyetech's site within half an hour, only to find the stock depleted already. Unbelievable. There must be people paid to stalk their website and snap up all these atomizers as soon as they're available...

I think we all know Joytech is a reputable company... but I kept hearing reports that their website had been hacked a couple of weeks ago and some people were getting fraudulent charges on the CC after buying something from that site. So keep an eye on your account that you used for a little while. I suspect that by know the situation has been resolved but it's still better to be safe than sorry.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I get that. The question was how long the internal battery was lasting between charges. I should have phrased it better.

I think more relevant is how much juice can you vape without a recharge LOL For me, it's about half a tank (same as my Reos). So depending on how fast you vape you may only get an hour!

I ordered my RBA base from HeavenGifts, so I'm hoping it gets here this year! I've seen them in stock at several other places since. I just wish the 510 adaptor was available to make it easier to build.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been considering it. The deal from vapenw isn't bad and sweetvapes has the RBA for $12.50. 1500 mah seems a little light for a 20 watt device so it had me wondering. I probably wouldn't use more than 12-15 watts. Shame they didn't have the room for the 2200 mah crammed into the Istick but you do have to put the atty and tank in there too.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think we all know Joytech is a reputable company... but I kept hearing reports that their website had been hacked a couple of weeks ago and some people were getting fraudulent charges on the CC after buying something from that site. So keep an eye on your account that you used for a little while. I suspect that by know the situation has been resolved but it's still better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks for the heads up! I doubt anything will get charged on my CC, as it is a European CC that requires a separate encryption keypad and my PIN number for anything to get charged on it, even on the Internet. But you're right, it costs nothing to be careful.

VU Sponsors