Become a Patron!

Forget your egrip? RBA experience now avaiable for it?

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

joyetech is really starting to become one of my favorite companies with this and the lemo

monkey39

Member For 4 Years
It's in stock at sweet-vapes.com, just ordered mine yesterday. $12.50 + $3 shipping.

Still waiting for the 510 adapter to come out, so that you can test the ohms on your build. But apparently the RBA base comes with 2 pre-built coils that hopefully should last until the 510 adapter becomes available. Only downside I see right now is no dry-burning them.

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just dropped in to seek help searching out a RBA Base 510 adapter. Guess I won't be burning off any coil buildup too soon.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I said the heck with it and grabbed a wood grain from vapenw. Turns out they have the RBA base as well for $8.99.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Egrip and the RBA head showed up today and I must say I'm impressed with the performance with the RBA. Love the Egrip size and it seems quite solid. Just need the 510 adapter now for convenience. Merry Christmas to me. :)

Last edited:

Spinhat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
anyone have the new RBA in stock with the copper thing to dry fire the coils yet?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't been able to find the 510 adaptor anywhere yet - just the RBA itself, which I have coming in the mail (eventually LOL)

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a bit ghetto, but when I receive my RBA base, I plan on using a pair of crocodile leads and an old 510 RDA deck. That should do the trick to connect the coil and either measure it, or dry-burn it with a regular mod.

vapedick

Member For 4 Years
It's a bit ghetto, but when I receive my RBA base, I plan on using a pair of crocodile leads and an old 510 RDA deck. That should do the trick to connect the coil and either measure it, or dry-burn it with a regular mod.
I dry burned my RBA coil by holding wires on an 18350 battery, and shoving the positive in the airflow hole while touching the Neg lead to the top side of the RBA. super ghetto, but worked like a champ. Getting my RBA -510 adapter tomorrow (along with a few silicone cases and another RBA) so it should ... Will be easier next time.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just saw that VapeNW has the adaptor and skins in, so I ordered those along with an RBA base (and then the two I ordered from China will no doubt arrive!)

emsmom

Member For 4 Years
Just got this new base and it has blown me away. I liked the eGrip when I got it, but didn't love it. With this new RBA I love it! It is becoming my primary go to device. For me, this is performing as well as anything I have tried, and believe me I have tried it all! The vapor production is insane and the flavor is acceptable. I swore I wouldn't ever put down my iSticks, but this one is giving my iSticks some serious competition. The draw now is twice as airy as it was with the standard coils. It just works like a dream! I really can't believe that this device hasn't done better in the market place. It really is a nice one!

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my base in the mail today. What a great little thing! It turns a cleverly designed, but kind of average mod into a miniature steam train. Not exactly impressive in terms of air flow, but not half bad either, considering it's not designed to blow huge clouds.

I love the Egrip, and this accessory truly makes it shine. It's a happy little mod, this.

Now, being a skinflint, I'm not going to buy the 510 adapter. I'm going to make my own, and I'm going to try and design it so anyone can make it with common home improvement parts and basic tools, then I'll post instructions.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my base in the mail today. What a great little thing! It turns a cleverly designed, but kind of average mod into a miniature steam train. Not exactly impressive in terms of air flow, but not half bad either, considering it's not designed to blow huge clouds.

I love the egrip, and this accessory truly makes it shine. It's a happy little mod, this.

Now, being a skinflint, I'm not going to buy the 510 adapter. I'm going to make my own, and I'm going to try and design it so anyone can make it with common home improvement parts and basic tools, then I'll post instructions.

Mine is coming tomorrow (along with the 510 adaptor LOL) - can't wait:D

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The thing I don't understand is, it doesn't seem to leak, but it should: the way Joyetech has it wicked, only two of the 4 juice intakes are covered by cotton. The juice should flow right through the 2 others and out through the air hole, but it doesn't.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The thing I don't understand is, it doesn't seem to leak, but it should: the way Joyetech has it wicked, only two of the 4 juice intakes are covered by cotton. The juice should flow right through the 2 others and out through the air hole, but it doesn't.
Vacuum in the tank plus capillary action of the wick

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I guess. But that's the thing: there is no capillary action of the wick near those 2 uncovered juice holes.
Oh well, who cares eh. As long as it behaves and doesn't let itself go in my pocket... :)

I got my rba bases today, with 15 pre-built organic cotton coils, from sweet vapes. They came with coils already in them so I put one in and MAN WHAT A HIT THIS LOVELY EGRIP GIVES NOW!!
BUT, here's my question ... the rba base sparks from the bottom airhole when I fire it. Does anybody have any idea why this is happening?

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yep, it's vacuum alright: open the trap door, hold the device right side up, and the Egrip will start peeing all over the place like somebody's bed-wetting grandmother.

Reactions: TVG

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got my rba bases today, with 15 pre-built organic cotton coils, from sweet vapes. They came with coils already in them so I put one in and MAN WHAT A HIT THIS LOVELY EGRIP GIVES NOW!!
BUT, here's my question ... the rba base sparks from the bottom airhole when I fire it. Does anybody have any idea why this is happening?
If it's sparking, your coil is shorting out. Stop using it, take the head out and look to see if the wires are touching the post where the should not be, or if the coil is touching any metal part such as the air inlet. You need at least 1 mm distance between the coil and the air inlet to make sure you are not creating a short circuit. Make sure the coil isn't touching the sides of the chamber too.

I'm not real sure ... I'm guessing it is. It's not a huge spark but, nonetheless, it's sure not normal. I'm new at vaping so I'm not knowledgeable of these rba devices. I'll pull it out and look at it.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My RBA base arrived, along with the skin and 510 adaptor arrived from VapeNW today - this RBA makes it a whole diferent, and amazing, experience! The prebuilt coil (wicked with Japanese cotton) came in at 1.75 ohms, but I can now turn it up to 20 watts without burning. I love this thing:

20141230_122354.jpg

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My RBA base arrived, along with the skin and 510 adaptor arrived from VapeNW today - this RBA makes it a whole diferent, and amazing, experience! The prebuilt coil (wicked with Japanese cotton) came in at 1.75 ohms, but I can now turn it up to 20 watts without burning. I love this thing:

20141230_122354.jpg

Yea, it changes everything you thought about the eGrip, from a nice stealthy small all in one, to a flavor chasing RDA, capable of decent clouds. I'm vaping a 90VG/10PG DIY Raspberry Custard and the eGrip is kicking it at 20 watts. Put a new coil in made with 28 Gauge @ 1.3 Ohms. Decent and flavorful clouds..

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not real sure ... I'm guessing it is. It's not a huge spark but, nonetheless, it's sure not normal. I'm new at vaping so I'm not knowledgeable of these rba devices. I'll pull it out and look at it.

Take a pic with the chimney off and without cotton, we might be able to point out where the short is..

RichS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ok so you guys have me almost sold, the question I have is how are you or are you at all cleaning the tank? I bounce around different flavors all the time, how are you cleaning out the tank, or are you just adding a different flavor on top of another?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok so you guys have me almost sold, the question I have is how are you or are you at all cleaning the tank? I bounce around different flavors all the time, how are you cleaning out the tank, or are you just adding a different flavor on top of another?

I cleaned mine for the first time today - I just held it under a small stream of hot water with my finger over the USB port. Worked fine!

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I did that the first time with no problems. Decided to use a 10ml syringe without a needle to rinse it with hot water after that. Cautious I know. That will probably wear off soon enough.
My skin and 510 are scheduled to get here on the 2nd. Was hoping for this year but was too slow getting the order in. Was considering rigging a 510 before they came in but at $4.49 screw that.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did that the first time with no problems. Decided to use a 10ml syringe without a needle to rinse it with hot water after that. Cautious I know. That will probably wear off soon enough.
My skin and 510 are scheduled to get here on the 2nd. Was hoping for this year but was too slow getting the order in. Was considering rigging a 510 before they came in but at $4.49 screw that.

Yeah, your syringe idea is probably better!

VU Sponsors