Become a Patron!

Gemini RTA

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
There are many mods out there with a much higher output limit...
Sigeli/Fuchai 100/150/200
Snow Wolf/Laisimo
Hohm Wrecker V1/G2
IPV3 LI/LI VR/4/4s
All DNA200 Mods
Smok X Cube II/R200
Most SMY Boxes
Project subohm Square Box
MX 150TC
TM 150/Dovpo 150w
VMesh X1
Artic Dolphin
Clouper T8+
Kooper Plus
Vicious Ant Boxes
Chieftain
Kbox 200w/120w
Kamry 200

There are many more, this is just off the top of my head...
Most of the boxes you buy above 120w will have a 35-55a Output Limit, Input Limit doesnt factor in because it can be regulated to roughly output twice the input without advanced circuitry.

The only reason I can see why Joyetech/Wismec started the 25a Input/Output Limits is to save money and make it so there products shell out a longer battery life...Thats about it...

Last edited:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are many mods out there with a much higher output limit...
Sigeli/Fuchai 100/150/200
Snow Wolf/Laisimo
IPV3 LI/LI VR/4/4s
All DNA200 Mods
Smok X Cube II/R200
Most SMY Boxes
Clouper T8+
Kooper Plus
Vicious Ant Boxes
Chieftain
Kbox 200w/120w
Kamry 200

There are many more, this is just off the top of my head...
Most of the boxes you buy above 120w will have a 35-55a Output Limit, Input Limit doesnt factor in because it can be regulated to roughly output twice the input without advanced circuitry.

The only reason I can see why Joyetech/Wismec started the 25a Input/Output Limits is to save money and make it so there products shell out a longer battery life...Thats about it...
Damn I didn't know my Fuchai, KBOX 200 didn't have the limit?
My KBOX 120 can't VAPE effectively around .1 dude, is there a difference to the 200? My kbox is still in the box though!!

Vape On

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That sucks. I like the looks of the white one. White is right!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is the lowest build i currently have 0.26 Ohms, reaches 120W (Maxed Out) 5.58V .. that is still 21.5A , i don't have any lower builds to test with at the moment, but @BadLuckAndTrouble will test the update with his 0.15 Ohms build and post the results later today or tomorrow, i do not have high hopes for this one though, think that the RX chip is physically locked at that 25A limit due to circuitry limitation or whatever reason!
VUAMPLIMIT.jpg

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is the lowest build i currently have 0.26 Ohms, reaches 120W (Maxed Out) 5.58V .. that is still 21.5A , i don't have any lower builds to test with at the moment, but @BadLuckAndTrouble will test the update with his 0.15 Ohms build and post the results later today or tomorrow, i do not have high hopes for this one though, think that the RX chip is physically locked at that 25A limit due to circuitry limitation or whatever reason!
View attachment 41171
Are you taking a shower? Steamy photo dude

Vape On

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pics

REALLY CARP!?

Vape On
92e237432ed8a9bf7b488527d11f5c4e.jpg

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are you taking a shower? Steamy photo dude

Vape On
Sorry shit is foggy, thanks to the Griffin, few hits and this is how the weather turns LOL, but you can see the screen, get the idea i think :D

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good shit VAPOMIZER I like it... HANDS DOWN on the GTANK... I haven't drip for almost a month now!!! Nic hit on the GTANK is THE SHIT!!

Vape On

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now I regret getting a blue Fuchai!! Ok for sale!

Vape On

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The coating on the Black Griffin I have yet to scratch, Ive used pliers on it when I turned the Chamber on too tight and I was being lazy...Still no scratching. It looks alot like powder coating or a cerakote...It seems very durable thus far (Ive had mine for over a week and a half now), most of the Black finishes wear alot in the first 3 days so this to me shows alot.
Encouraging!

For $9 I couldnt pass it up and I already have paid for a few more of them
Only $9 for the clone? great i am getting one just for the heck of it, that is very little money.

my Hohm Wrecker G2
Have you seen Phil's review on that? his conclusion is that it is a piece of crap.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To the left to the left...
Found anything funny with the R200? been in my short list with the IPV5 and another iStick, just feel uneasy about SMOK products quality and longevity, a lot of xCube owners say it doesn't last beyond 3 months!

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good shit VAPOMIZER I like it... HANDS DOWN on the GTANK... I haven't drip for almost a month now!!! Nic hit on the GTANK is THE SHIT!!

Vape On
You lost me a bit here, what do you like? the Tank, the Mod or the freaking fog they are creating? LOL :D

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Encouraging!

Only $9 for the clone? great i am getting one just for the heck of it, that is very little money.

Have you seen Phil's review on that? his conclusion is that it is a piece of crap.
Yea Ive seen Phils review...If you check with people that have bought or used one you wont hear the same thing, the Reviewers seem to have gottne some crappy first sets or something, Phil's was definitely a Lemon....Ive used the Kanthal TC and I was Skeptical more then others were and I was blown away when I used it for a good hour or 2 swapping both my VCMT and Griffin with "my type" of builds in them. Read the comments under his video and you will also see others who think the same as other owners here.

Buy the Diablo Clone, its worth every penny!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Found anything funny with the R200? been in my short list with the IPV5 and another iStick, just feel uneasy about SMOK products quality and longevity, a lot of xCube owners say it doesn't last beyond 3 months!
Nope Its the same as the R80 just with 200w and the Batteries are swappable, the only thing that bothers me is the damn clock resets when you take the batteries out....Other then that its small, powerful and has a shit ton of features for little money, its a good buy!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn fat pulsar do reviewing sub chucker tank??
Wow

Vape On

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope Its the same as the R80 just with 200w and the Batteries are swappable, the only thing that bothers me is the damn clock resets when you take the batteries out....Other then that its small, powerful and has a shit ton of features for little money, its a good buy!
Is there an option to turn the clock off?

Vape On

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here is an idea, all your recommendations are spot on, i love them and end up acting on them ALL, so best is that i send you my vaping budget funds every month, you do the buying i follow blindly, that would save us both a lot of time :D

So now for my second mod for this month, should i get the IPV5, the R200 or another iStick with a different color probably purly white with a black Griffin?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is an idea, all your recommendations are spot on, i love them and end up acting on them ALL, so best is that i send you my vaping budget funds every month, you do the buying i follow blindly, that would save us both a lot of time :D

So now for my second mod for this month, should i get the IPV5, the R200 or another iStick with a different color probably purly white with a black Griffin?
White GTANK? hell yeah!!
I already what he will tell you
SMOK

Vape On

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Not everything I like is for everyone but if you see something I review or compare, or recommend and you think you may like it then I wouldnt hesitate on doing so. I dont see the point in glorifying garbage but what I may like you may not at some point...so dont blindly trail-make a well executed decision.

Im not a fan of the IPV5...I havent received the new Istick yet either but from what Ive seen after people owning them they are much like the Cuboid...So if you like the Cuboid you will also love them.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not everything I like is for everyone but if you see something I review or compare, or recommend and you think you may like it then I wouldnt hesitate on doing so. I dont see the point in glorifying garbage but what I may like you may not at some point...so dont blindly trail-make a well executed decision.

Im not a fan of the IPV5...I havent received the new Istick yet either but from what Ive seen after people owning them they are much like the Cuboid...So if you like the Cuboid you will also love them.
Say it bro
SMOK..

Vape On

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
was kidding about the following blindly part, but i really appreciate your recommendations the most and end up acting on them after doing my research :)

I hate that freaking Cuboid like nothing else in the world, and LOVE my iStick tremendously, having owned and used both, they are nothing alike aside from having the same chip, everything else is different, very different, build, design, ergonomics, quality, usability, performance, the iStick is just something else totally different and much better.

I never tried a SMOK device before solely based on its reputation of failing pre-maturely, but i am willing to give the R200 a try for a change.

What are your reservations on the IPV5? maybe i agree with them and take it off my list which will make decision easier :)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
was kidding about the following blindly part, but i really appreciate your recommendations the most and end up acting on them after doing my research :)

I hate that freaking Cuboid like nothing else in the world, and LOVE my iStick tremendously, having owned and used both, they are nothing alike aside from having the same chip, everything else is different, very different, build, design, ergonomics, quality, usability, performance, the iStick is just something else totally different and much better.

I never tried a SMOK device before solely based on its reputation of failing pre-maturely, but i am willing to give the R200 a try for a change.

What are your reservations on the IPV5? maybe i agree with them and take it off my list which will make decision easier :)
The IPV5 seems hit or miss from the few people on the forum who have bought them. Almost all IPV's to date have had ALOT of issues and they start getting better latter into production, hopefully they will have the bugs worked out sooner this time since I believe the device is firmware updatable. I have no other comments on it until I see more about it....
The Istick 100TC is something I considered getting for the woman, its sleek and well designed and for its price it really cant be beat. I feel its slightly limited because of its 25A output limit but if your using Tanks or building about .2 Ohms then it should be a great device.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The IPV5 seems hit or miss from the few people on the forum who have bought them. Almost all IPV's to date have had ALOT of issues and they start getting better latter into production, hopefully they will have the bugs worked out sooner this time since I believe the device is firmware updatable. I have no other comments on it until I see more about it....
The Istick 100TC is something I considered getting for the woman, its sleek and well designed and for its price it really cant be beat. I feel its slightly limited because of its 25A output limit but if your using Tanks or building about .2 Ohms then it should be a great device.
Great, IPV5 off my list, i have been so hesitant about it from the beginning and with this, i will pass ...

Lets face it, if i get a white iStick and a Black Griffin that would be the exact negative of the setup i am using now, same same, just opposite colors, very boring, no adventuring involved,

Tell me more about the R200,
Amps Limit
Software and Usability
Is it Firmware upgradable?
Durable with good build quality?
Does it have Custom TCR?
Is it heavy? say compared to the Cuboid?
does it have a solid and stable 510?
Is that sliding battery door at the bottom problematic?
Warranty? how long?
Does it temp control SS316 and SS430?
Battery life?
Can you charge the batteries in the mod or use it in pass-through if needed?
does it have bypass mode?

I know these are lots of questions but you can answer each just very briefly :)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Amps Limit: 35a
Software and Usability: Its easy, its simple but has many features. Its similar to the Xcube but much more accessible and easier to navigate
Is it Firmware upgradable?: Yes
Durable with good build quality?: Yes, exceptional compared to Smoks history and mods before it.
Does it have Custom TCR? Yes
Is it heavy? say compared to the Cuboid?: Its light, feels much like the Istick 50w
does it have a solid and stable 510?: It's spring in the 510 is very stiff but has room for protruding 510 pins
Is that sliding battery door at the bottom problematic?: No, its different then the XCubes and much tighter fit.
Warranty? how long? It depends on where you buy, I would assume 60-90 days.
Does it temp control SS316 and SS430? Yes and has TCR settings that are user changeable.
Battery life?: Just about the same as any other series powered regulated mod.
Can you charge the batteries in the mod or use it in pass-through if needed?: Yes but it in series and not advised.
does it have bypass mode?: No need for one, can fire down to .08 in Power Mode.

This is not posted in any format I approve of but here are your answers...

Last edited:

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The ipv5 is great

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Amps Limit 35a
Software and Usability easy, its simple but has many features. Its similar to the Xcube but much more accessible and easier to navigate
Is it Firmware upgradable? yes
Durable with good build quality? yes, exceptional compared to Smoks history and mods before it
Does it have Custom TCR? yes
Is it heavy? say compared to the Cuboid? its light, feels much like the Istick 50w
does it have a solid and stable 510? its spring in the 510 is very stiff but has room for protruding 510 pins
Is that sliding battery door at the bottom problematic? No, its different then the XCubes and much tighter fit
Warranty? how long? depends on where you buy, I would assume 60-90 days
Does it temp control SS316 and SS430? yes and has TCR settings that are user changeable
Battery life? same as any other series powred regualted mod
Can you charge the batteries in the mod or use it in pass-through if needed? Yes but it in series and not advised
does it have bypass mode? No need for one, can fire dow to .08 in Powermode
Not any format I approve of but here are your answers...
Sounds just right to me, someone knows what they are buying next :D

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Sounds just right to me, someone knows what they are buying next :D
I wish they would release the real Snow Wolf V2 already or make a updated Snow Wolf V1.5...one with all the TC modes and firmware update port behind the door, that would be the ultimate mod for me...

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wish they would release the real Snow Wolf V2 already or make a updated Snow Wolf V1.5...one with all the TC modes and firmware update port behind the door, that would be the ultimate mod for me...
Been waiting for that to be released but with no news about it until now i have to look elsewhere, the current v1.5's lack of SS mode, no custom TCR and no firmware upgrade-ability is a deal breaker for me

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Been waiting for that to be released but with no news about it until now i have to look elsewhere, the current v1.5's lack of SS mode, no custom TCR and no firmware upgrade-ability is a deal breaker for me
I know but it was made way before that was even thought of..Like back when the Atlantis V2 Tank came out...Gotta give it credit that its still a hard body that holds its value. I use mine everyday, its a true workhorse.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know but it was made way before that was even thought of..Like back when the Atlantis V2 Tank came out...Gotta give it credit that its still a hard body that holds its value. I use mine everyday, its a true workhorse.
Of course, i am aware of that, it is a great mod for its generation and i would still be happy with it had i bought one back then, but for a new purchase, the lack of these features is a deal breaker, looking forward to v2.0 when and if it is released.

I like the cuboid I don't see what's not to like about it. I use it with a kangertech subohm on temp control .11 ohms. To blow clouds i use an el diablo dripper on temp control .08 ohms. Im a chain vaper and the battery's last all day. Then I charge it at night via the usb port.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I like the cuboid I don't see what's not to like about it. I use it with a kangertech subohm on temp control .11 ohms. To blow clouds i use an el diablo dripper on temp control .08 ohms. Im a chain vaper and the battery's last all day. Then I charge it at night via the usb port.
25a output limit is my gripe with it

I guess if you bought one and didn't know that I could see someone being mad. For a 40 dollar device though i don't know what people expect. Using my dripper on temp control at .08 ohms 200watts i can only handle a long drag at like 300 to 350 degrees. I tried 500 degrees and could only hit it for like half a second because it was too hot. Wouldn't even consider trying 600 degress. I just can't believe there are people that need more then that.

Last edited:

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Does the griffin have big juice channels like thay gemini rta appears to have?
Reason ive never gotten a tank after the atlantis era was the wicking. I use max vg which is sometimes 80vg and other times 90+ vg depending.
This tank looks pretty sweet imo.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Does the griffin have big juice channels like thay gemini rta appears to have?
Reason ive never gotten a tank after the atlantis era was the wicking. I use max vg which is sometimes 80vg and other times 90+ vg depending.
This tank looks pretty sweet imo.

There shouldnt be anything styopping you from buying the Griffin...Its the End all Standard of Great RTA's now..
Handles bigger coils then anything in 22mm but micro coils still function wonderfully in it
Has easy wicking and building
Large juice ports with juice control
Topfill
Great amount oif adjustable airflow
Its not expensive and comes with alot of extras...
To give you a view of the Griffin Deck/Ports and can fit coils a bit bigger then this easily...
20160216_163228.jpg

If you want to see more pics of the Griffin and my preview of my comparison of it vs other similar RTA's visit here and scroll down after: LINK

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Damn the post holes in those style decks dont look good, tou always gotta bend the leads to screw em in? Kinda sucks imo.

VU Sponsors