Become a Patron!

Gemini RTA

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its funny how people take a person word for something over testing things themselves, or someone who tests that isnt paid or sponsored...

e9eeec69f54624cbd153e0b43c1a9a5c.jpg

Geekvape just released a Top Airflow add-on for the Griffin. Its modular and it only costs $8, the best part is the chamber isnt taken up by all the added material the Gemini has...so the added airflow is actually ADDED AIRFLOW, not extra airflow to compensate for the loss of chamber space, and its a optional, rather then something thats permanently stuck there...

So for people that have the original and wanted more airflow..which I dont really see why they would except for 1 person..there's your sign. For someone wanting to get a RTA and doesnt know whether more airflow would be better or not this could be a better option then buying a RTA with permanent TA.
Someone asked me if you were paid/sponsored by Geekvape lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Man you never sleep do you? :) Very smart move on Geekvape's part i like how this company thinks and operates, they know what vapers want and they give it to them in the best form and quality possible, this is great for the opportunity to try both airflow configurations and use what works best for you or switch depending on mode, now who needs the Gemini? with this Extra part the Griffin claims its crown again, i am definitely getting another Griffin with the top airflow part and the Tsunami RDA as well, a company like that deserves my money more than any other company :)
That Tsunami rda is crazy nice in quality and it works very well, that seems to sum up how Geekvape operates. I hope that top airflow comes out in both colors, I want to test a black version.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That Tsunami rda is crazy nice in quality and it works very well, that seems to sum up how Geekvape operates. I hope that top airflow comes out in both colors, I want to test a black version.
Yes it comes in both black and SS i saw that in their Facebook page

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
And now for the potentially dumb question of the day. Do the Vaporesso and Geek Vape RTA tanks have anything in common, or is Gemini just a popular name at the moment? I can think of 2 tanks plus an RDA known as Aeolus, for e.g., and there are others.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
And now for the potentially dumb question of the day. Do the Vaporesso and Geek Vape RTA tanks have anything in common, or is Gemini just a popular name at the moment? I can think of 2 tanks plus an RDA known as Aeolus, for e.g., and there are others.
Its a copy of the Griffin and the Top Airflow from the Herakles combined...
6c4b6aa789eb4c302fbded8d19349b3d.png

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Ive bought 3 Griffins and 2 Diablo's so far...I love the way they vape and how easily they are built and maintained.
I will end up getting the Gemini just to compare and review, I just dont know when Ill actually get it yet....
If your tight on cash I HIGHLY recommend the Diablo 5ml Clone, even the 2.5ml version is nice ($9-$14). The top fill on this is similar to the Griffin but is even easier as they have fins that bite your fingers when untwisting the cap. They do not have adjustable airflow but its just like the Griffin 4/5 the way open....perfect IMO
View attachment 41165View attachment 41166
Most of the Clones you see are the 5ml version, only FastTech has the 2.5ml version clone...

Where did you find the 5ml clone? TIA

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They're on fast tech and ebay and I'm sure other places. They all seem to be labeled 2.5ml, but you can tell the difference by the noticeably chimney extension. The 2.5 goes from the top cap and barely any chimney and then the top, the 5ml has a good few mm of chimney. That's how you'll know. Also I believe the 2.5 has a rounded drip tip and the 5ml has a squared drip tip. But, I may be mixing them up.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
BTW The New Top Airflow for the Griffin is the same as the Herekles Top Airflow. I talked to Geekvape and they replied it directs it back down to the coils, afterwards I was sent a email regarding my email to them from earlier, also confirming this..

1a027ae032b66fd469cc2e609d6addf5.png

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Lipstick on a pig!

Just kidding, I love my Griffin - gets used daily.

Hmm, looking at that top airflow thing again the only way that would work is with a double wall chimney - 2 tubes. And it seems like the air coming up the bottom airflow would just stop it as it trys to enter the chamber. Hopefully I'm missing something here...

On the other hand, perhaps the bottom airflow would create a vortex or vacuum and suck air down the top airflow? Still the top airflow is not going to make it to the coils.

Last edited:

eddiegibson1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its a copy of the Griffin and the Top Airflow from the Herakles combined...
6c4b6aa789eb4c302fbded8d19349b3d.png
timeline : OBS--->Griffin--->Gemini, it is more like a great RTA evolution history. I like my griffin too, but everyday we see better things coming. embrace new world man lol, you work too hard for geekvape :)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
timeline : OBS--->Griffin--->Gemini, it is more like a great RTA evolution history. I like my griffin too, but everyday we see better things coming. embrace new world man lol, you work too hard for geekvape :)
I just done see how a chamber thats tighter in every way and more airflow to compensate for it makes something better...A more complicated design to achieve the same result isnt what I would call better but I guess overall variety makes the market...and thats always better. If Gemini would make it 25mm and lost the center air post or increase the chambers overall interior volume then I would like it much more.
Im not working hard for anyone, I just dont join the hype unless there's a real reason for it.

eddiegibson1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just done see how a chamber thats tighter in every way and more airflow to compensate for it makes something better...A more complicated design to achieve the same result isnt what I would call better but I guess overall variety makes the market...and thats always better. If Gemini would make it 25mm and lost the center air post or increase the chambers overall interior volume then I would like it much more.
Im not working hard for anyone, I just dont join the hype unless there's a real reason for it.
Man, I feel you. again I like or liked my griffin, but the fact geekvape put a top airflow cap in the market with extra cost just proves two things : 1. they kind admit their competitor is right, top airflow does make difference. 2. this extra feature does worth $10 at least, that's 33% whole tank value.
Well, for the same money, you obviously get more from Gemini RTA, simple math bro, simple math :)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Man, I feel you. again I like or liked my griffin, but the fact geekvape put a top airflow cap in the market with extra cost just proves two things : 1. they kind admit their competitor is right, top airflow does make difference. 2. this extra feature does worth $10 at least, that's 33% whole tank value.
Well, for the same money, you obviously get more from Gemini RTA, simple math bro, simple math :)
But you can remove it if you done want it on there anymore and if Geekvape releases more option then its modular....The Gemini is stuck like that and if you find its not for you then your stuck with it...Youy may like it but that subjective, a permanent structure makes it limited in the end. Most people already own the Griffin so this is a cheaper option then jumping on a $40 RTA that does the same thing with added material.

I dont think you got my point I was making. The "Added Airflow" on the Gemini is only making up for the tighter tolerances in the Chamber. It will only produce the same results as the Griffin does now, just with more material involved and a different design. The Top Airflow is just compensating for the lack of room in the barrel/chamber.
The Top Airflow option for the Griffin will actually be Added Airflow as it has more room to roam and there is more room around the coils to spread onto. This will satisfy those looking for more airflow, the Gemini with all that airflow isnt going to make much of a change from the Griffin since the chamber is a choke point due to the lack of room and and amount of material taking up the chambers volume.

If you suck through a normal sized straw it will be slightly airy, if you sucked through a McDonald's large straw that had a row of bb's in it the bb's will impede the airflow to the point where its comparable to the normal straw. I hope you understand the analogy if you didnt understand what I meant. Im not trying to persuade you to buy a Griffin, Im just stating the facts of the math involved.

VU Sponsors