Become a Patron!

Goliath RTA

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my Goliath today from GearBeast and promptly dropped and shattered the glass section. ! didn't even get to build it. FML. I sent out some e-mails look for a replacement, but not having any luck.

Could one of you guys measure the glass section? i need the height and outside diameter.

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
.783" height x .783" width
Good luck finding a replacement. If you do please let us all know where.
Thanks

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
.783" height x .783" width
Good luck finding a replacement. If you do please let us all know where.
Thanks

Thank you! That converts to 18.7452mm. IBTanks has 19mm tanks with 1.8mm wall that are 3 for $24 shipped. I might bite the bullet and take a chance. I don't think the 1/4mm should effect fitment.

I sent UD a e-mail requesting info and I also send a smogLA a message seeing if he could order replacements.

You'll see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you! That converts to 18.7452mm. IBTanks has 19mm tanks with 1.8mm wall that are 3 for $24 shipped. I might bite the bullet and take a chance. I don't think the 1/4mm should effect fitment.

I sent UD a e-mail requesting info and I also send a smogLA a message seeing if he could order replacements.

You'll see what happens.
Definately should fit as the tank is actually quite a sloppy fit. definately more than the .010" difference than these are.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Definately should fit as the tank is actually quite a sloppy fit. definately more than the .010" difference than these are.

I agree. The diameter should be fine. I wondering about the height.

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree. The diameter should be fine. I wondering about the height.

went to there site to check it out. They have 19mm custom length tubes but there 37.50 for 3 of them. If your talking about the 3 lengths called XL, Standard, HalfLing The HalfLing is made to fit a shorty carto which is about 20mm. So at worst thats .040" or .020"at the topcap and .020" at the chimney large connection. Bot those locations have an oring so you could probably doubleup orings and be good to go. Personally I'd get the custom length cut for the extra 4 bucks a tank. But if I ordered custom tanks I'd probably go 5mm longer and machine out an extended chimney to increase the capacity to 5 mils. Ahh the joys of being a reformed smoker. !!!

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I missed that one. Sounds like it would work fine. 1.8mm (.072") I'll measure thickness of original tomorrow and post here. Theres not a huge capacity on this and reducing volume would make it worse.

I was able to measure on of my broken pieces. It is 1.8mm thick.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Got my Goliath a week ago. Although they haven't improved the size of the deck, compared with the Goblin. It does have better flavor, due to the slightly smaller AFC holes. It's definitely easier to wick than the Goblin. The feature for re-filling, or getting to the deck, is nice. I think I'll have to get at least one more. :cool:

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was able to measure on of my broken pieces. It is 1.8mm thick.

So now your only decision is get 3 spare tanks for 24 which should last you the life of the product. Replace the product and have spare deck . Wait for fasttech to stock them for 2 bucks or look at your broken tank and wonder how it really is !!! So whats it gonna be ?
Gotta tell you I ordered my first one online for $40. Couldn't wait and bought one local for $50. Had it less than a week. Modifyed it for top fill then it got ripped off. Bought another one local $50 again. Thats what I've been using. Today my first one showed up but its not a goliath its a goblin. Never spent so much to have a specific tank. I have no regrets blew my budget but for me this tank is worth it. If glass on this one broke I'd buy another. Just sayin!

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do have a goblin and subtank mini on the way from China. So I might just shelf the Goliath until some clone glass shows up. Decisions decisions!

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Plot twist - a reviewer on FT said the Kraken glass works with the Goliath. Ordered!

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Plot twist - a reviewer on FT said the Kraken glass works with the Goliath. Ordered!

I had looked at that one when I first got my goliath and wanted a spare tank. There sizes says 20 mm which I thought sounded a little small but shit your right its perfect. Thanks for the headsup

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
11140059_933428923391757_9018238704194820691_n.png

Teaser youde put up yesterday.

My current favorite build i'm running is 24g wrapped 9 times on 2mm screw driver at .3ohms. No dry hits at all with the juice control fully opened. running it at 50 watts.

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I shoved a dual parallel buid in mine and my brother's (@Sully ) Goliaths. 26 gauge, 2.5mm, 8 (16) wraps on each coil. Meters at 0.28 ohms. Built it up away from the build deck, level with the tops of the screws. It seems happiest around 75 or 80 watts but doesn't hiss or fuss at 100 watts. Had to flatten the outer side of the coils (they're "D" shaped now looking through the coil). I run everything wide open, juice and air.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had looked at that one when I first got my goliath and wanted a spare tank. There sizes says 20 mm which I thought sounded a little small but shit your right its perfect. Thanks for the headsup

Got my kraken glass today. It works, but it isn't perfect. It's a hair to tall. The topcap doesn't screw down the completely. I add a few wraps of Teflon tape to ensure a seal. I also swapped out the topcap o-ring with a black one from my Goblin spares. Replacement o-rings with the same OD/ID but a tad thinner would make the glass work perfect.

YMMV

http://imgur.com/a/PHBNr

VU Sponsors