Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I really don't have a dog in this fight but.....

I'm pretty new to the ECF forum and only been a member for a couple months. I've been following VaporJoes blog for even less time but I think it is top notch and I joined this forum after hearing about it on the blog.

That said......why do you think any of you have the right to use ECF to advertise this forum? It seems very dishonest to me for someone to start their own forum and then go over to a competitors forum and try to poach its members which is exactly what some of you in this thread freely admit to doing. In my mind, it is theft. If I owned ECF, I would absolutely do the same thing they just did and add it to the filter.

Look, this forum is going to be HUGE and may likely some day soon eclipse ECF. You obviously have your shit together and a very loyal memberbase. Don't turn this place into an anti-ECF forum where everyone just sits around and bitches about ECF. Don't dedicate any energy into poking at or posting on ECF. You are better than that. Make your own way, set yourself apart from the competition and then concentrate on what you are, not what someone else isn't. Stupid fighting like this polarizes communities and hurts you in the long run.

..........and holy hell, don't contaminate your blog with that kind of petty shit.

I cannot speak for anyone else but, I have been an ECF member for nearly 3 years, and I am the OP to a super thread on ECF. I posted links on ECF to a contest/giveaway being hosted here at VU because it was relevant to the thread that I have over there on ECF. There was no intent to promote VU, nor did I tell members that they should sign up on VU.

Your comment, IMO is a raging generalization that is not founded in a strong understanding of the "whole picture". As you said, you are fairly new to both sites, so I think that you could fall back a little, and "observe" more before offering strong opinions about this situation. o_O

If you had offered these opinions, with the situation reversed on ECF, you would probably have been banned. ;)

Melvins

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
While searching how to stop my recurring payment to ECF I found this:

Screen Shot 2014-07-05 at 12.49.54 PM.png
Greater forum permissions? Mmmkaay.

This forum has changed the way I view forums. Thanks VU.

They won't be getting anymore financial support from this Vaper.

Vapor Joe is less harmful for you than Smokey Joe.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, we all know it is only a matter time before ECF dries up with VU here. I honestly don't wish them anything negative....I just hope the majority of their helpful and friendly users realize that ECF is ALL about CASAA, not about THEM. I personally know that ECF is nothing more than a front for CASAA, and if you dare question CASAA you will get warned, and then banned.

Why would you say anything bad about the CASAA? They are just trying to help keep vaping from being banned like everyone else. Besides, ECF was there before the CASAA was born. I know cause I was there over 4 years ago. Just sayin'

CV:D

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
The thing with ECF, even 5 years ago is this. It's a money making machine designed as such. They don't want to aggrivate the mod makers by "supporting clones" so they ban and / or moderate around that. They also know what sells and makes money, so clone retailers and ads are welcome. On top of that, all the main Chinese sites have affiliate autolinking done. Essentially they want their cake and eat it too.

The other downside is that they have people that take very strong opinions become moderators. Always have. Pair that with a few that get "new cop syndrome" and it gets messy.

The one nature of vaping is that ads are a key thing. Even here. People are willing to do anything to get their device, liquid, store, etc to the forefront. Once you start running a forum around making vendors happy first and then your user and take the "ok leave, we have so many more people" attitude, you run into issues. Here a vendor can have a forum and if a user has a gripe, are free to post about it without repercussion. You do it there and well...

With that I leave with...
2o69OmU.jpg

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is my take. VapingUnderground is liken a little colony in the year 1776. They too were tired of being silenced for speaking out against unjust taxes,laws, and steady losses of freedom over the years. They fought back and refused to be silenced anymore. They wished for freedom of speech, the press, and religion. They fought and they won. Right now the bigger groups are scared of a place they can't force into their mold. We have the freedom to speak our mind here. That was proven when the first troll tried to attack and failed. If this was ECF the thread would have been shut down and deleted afterwards. So you like being herded like cattle go to the other forums. For me and my freedom loving brothers and sisters we found our home.
Yup...it would have been deleted and termed "disruptive"....that's what ECF call threads they don't like...

I left ECF a very long time ago. So many duplicate threads and people being censored for no reason. It got too messy and hectic. The community is too big to serve a real purpose IMO. The group here is smaller and tighter knit.

Vermiform

Member For 5 Years
I cannot speak for anyone else but, I have been an ECF member for nearly 3 years, and I am the OP to a super thread on ECF. I posted links on ECF to a contest/giveaway being hosted here at VU because it was relevant to the thread that I have over there on ECF. There was no intent to promote VU, nor did I tell members that they should sign up on VU.

Your comment, IMO is a raging generalization that is not founded in a strong understanding of the "whole picture". As you said, you are fairly new to both sites, so I think that you could fall back a little, and "observe" more before offering strong opinions about this situation. o_O

From day one of me reading this forum, it was obvious that there is bad blood between this forum and ECF. If a semi-intelligent noob such as myself can figure that out then a super-intelligent person like yourself had to have known in advance that a link from here would not be welcomed there especially given the level of heavy moderation performed at ECF.

If you had offered these opinions, with the situation reversed on ECF, you would probably have been banned. ;)

I doubt I would have been banned but I don't doubt the thread would have disappeared and I warned via PM.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Russ from Clickbang hit me up about this.. Seems we will be talking about this Tuesday on his show... He is pretty pissed off himself.

kaffinekid

The King of the Dumbazzes
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
Reviewer
VU Live Host
I'm not really a a guy that's in to this i talk i'm a bs but i knew ecf was full of shit a long time ago and now every one is really seeing it as much as this hurt to say it took vapor joe to get alot of people to see it so i say FUCK YOU ECF that's all those DUMBAZZES

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm not really a a guy that's in to this i talk i'm a bs but i knew ecf was full of shit a long time ago and now every one is really seeing it as much as this hurt to say it took vapor joe to get alot of people to see it so i say FUCK YOU ECF that's all those DUMBAZZES

Rofl!!! I can when tony talks a mile away :) and thank you tony.

supermarket

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Why would you say anything bad about the CASAA? They are just trying to help keep vaping from being banned like everyone else. Besides, ECF was there before the CASAA was born. I know cause I was there over 4 years ago. Just sayin'

Ahem.....I've been on ECF for 5 years, you can check my account...so I too am a long standing, older member.

I never once said anything bad about CASAA...but since you ask....NO, they are not JUST about preventing vaping from being banned. They promote smokeless tobacco as a healthy alternative to smoking...and there have been questions as to whether or not who actually funds CASAA.

I'm all FOR trying to help the cause....but the cause of ECIGS....NOT chew, snuff, or other forms of tobacco. CASAA is riding the wave of ecigs to give a platform to smokeless tobacco, and I don't think that helps our cause one bit.

Also, thanks to CASAA and giving Rip Trippers a hard time, he stepped down a bit from his cause to stop the FDA from regulating ecigs. CASAA definitely have their own agendas bud.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I really don't have a dog in this fight but.....

I'm pretty new to the ECF forum and only been a member for a couple months. I've been following VaporJoes blog for even less time but I think it is top notch and I joined this forum after hearing about it on the blog.

That said......why do you think any of you have the right to use ECF to advertise this forum? It seems very dishonest to me for someone to start their own forum and then go over to a competitors forum and try to poach its members which is exactly what some of you in this thread freely admit to doing. In my mind, it is theft. If I owned ECF, I would absolutely do the same thing they just did and add it to the filter.

Look, this forum is going to be HUGE and may likely some day soon eclipse ECF. You obviously have your shit together and a very loyal memberbase. Don't turn this place into an anti-ECF forum where everyone just sits around and bitches about ECF. Don't dedicate any energy into poking at or posting on ECF. You are better than that. Make your own way, set yourself apart from the competition and then concentrate on what you are, not what someone else isn't. Stupid fighting like this polarizes communities and hurts you in the long run.

..........and holy hell, don't contaminate your blog with that kind of petty shit.
Members participating on the ECF can no longer share the deals and information included in the blog, not just the forum. The deals and steals blog has become a staple in this community....

supermarket

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
From day one of me reading this forum, it was obvious that there is bad blood between this forum and ECF. If a semi-intelligent noob such as myself can figure that out then a super-intelligent person like yourself had to have known in advance that a link from here would not be welcomed there especially given the level of heavy moderation performed at ECF.

I doubt I would have been banned but I don't doubt the thread would have disappeared and I warned via PM.

Really!?!? I've been coming to joes blog forever, and been a member on ECF (daily poster) for years, and I didn't know there was bad blood between them until now.

In fact, there was NEVER an issue linking to vapoejoe's blog, until the forum came out.

There isn't any "bad blood" between them. ECF is heavy on moderation, banning, and promoting CASAA and not respecting its users....and VU offers an alternative. ECF just sees it as competition, nothing more or less, and that is why they are banning people who mention VU.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fuck, I'd already be banned if this place was censored. I'm pretty sure ECF may have banned me BEFORE I ever posted anything, likely because of the fact that I'm vaping's un-official drunken fucktard...

Damn, I was going for that there title! Guess I'll have to settle for "un-official inebriated shithead" instead!

Ahem.....I've been on ECF for 5 years, you can check my account...so I too am a long standing, older member.

I never once said anything bad about CASAA...but since you ask....NO, they are not JUST about preventing vaping from being banned. They promote smokeless tobacco as a healthy alternative to smoking...and there have been questions as to whether or not who actually funds CASAA.

I'm all FOR trying to help the cause....but the cause of ECIGS....NOT chew, snuff, or other forms of tobacco. CASAA is riding the wave of ecigs to give a platform to smokeless tobacco, and I don't think that helps our cause one bit.

Also, thanks to CASAA and giving Rip Trippers a hard time, he stepped down a bit from his cause to stop the FDA from regulating ecigs. CASAA definitely have their own agendas bud.

I didn't know they supported other types of smokeless tobacco products. How long has CASAA been around? Did they just jump on the ecig bandwagon? I thought they were funded by and supported by ecig industry only. I don't feel too good about being associated with snuff or chew.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Actually i am very surprised that VU is giving this situation so much press , who cares what ECF is doing , c,mon . What ECF is doing certainly does not need to be shown as a VU ALERT at the top of every forum, thats for sure.

Move on and let other forums do what they want , and no i am not an ECF member .

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Actually i am very surprised that VU is giving this situation so much press , who cares what ECF is doing , c,mon . What ECF is doing certainly does not need to be shown as a VU ALERT at the top of every forum, thats for sure.

Move on and let other forums do what they want , and no i am not an ECF member .

It matters on many different levels. They are the biggest vaping forum in the world. You cant link to anything that deals with my name or this site. Simple things like giveaways all the way up to breaking news on new mods - not longer can be posted.

Thrasher

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
"Don't turn this place into an anti-ECF forum where everyone just sits around and bitches about ECF."

I agree, whether they are right or wrong it is their site to do as they wish, I learned a lot there and there are some good people around so don't blame the community as a whole for the short sightedness of the mods/owners feeling they need to protect their interests........

Besides ECF bashing is what nu vapors is for so lets leave it there :D

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It matters on many different levels. They are the biggest vaping forum in the world. You cant link to anything that deals with my name or this site. Simple things like giveaways all the way up to breaking news on new mods - not longer can be posted.

So what , it can't be posted , it will turn out to be no big deal anyway as time goes on , i would concentrate on building up the VU , VU has no control over what ECF does and i would not count on them ever changing their mind, especially after the topic is being played as a " major headliner " over here .

The thing that i don't like is the fact that many who are commenting about the negatives of ECF will be found participating over there again shortly , thats just BS at the highest level.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
"Don't turn this place into an anti-ECF forum where everyone just sits around and bitches about ECF."

I agree, whether they are right or wrong it is their site to do as they wish, I learned a lot there and there are some good people around so don't blame the community as a whole for the short sightedness of the mods/owners feeling they need to protect their interests........

Besides ECF bashing is what nu vapors is for so lets leave it there :D

Hey at least we let you say ECF and link to their forum posts :) ROFL!

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have little doubt that it's just a matter of time before the VU is the largest electronic cigarette site in the World .

Most people who know about ECF know about VJ and VU , even if ECF bans the words people know who they are referring to and i highly doubt it will effect traffic over here.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

No, a super intelligent person such of myself is also "reasonable". And as my sense of reason would have it, so long as I was not posting the link with the intent to advertise, promote, and/or lure members away from ECF, and over to VU, then there should be no issue with it.

My post didn't even mention the name VU. My op simply announced that the link was for a product giveaway from Focalecig, which in my opinion is more than appropriate considering that the super thread is in fact specifically about Focalecig, and I have previously posted links to other giveaways being hosted on different sites (FB) and offered by the same vendor.

So no, there was no "reason" that I should have known that this particular link, or any other related to VU would be less than welcomed at ECF. But I also operate from a place of psychological maturity, and a lack of fear, and insecurity, and so I cannot relate to actions motivated by fear, and insecurity.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've never encountered a situation such as this. I've seen large car forums ban linking to other forums, but never banning a link to a blog. That's just crazy, and to the detriment of their members. They are preventing them from seeing a ton of deals at the least.

I've always stuck to the smaller and tighter forums, using the larger ones solely when I need info that is only available on them. It's nice having a tighter community, and since people get to know each other more easily it becomes feasible to mostly police ourselves, thus no censorship. I'm done with ECF now aside from classifieds to satiate my gear obsession. Fuck them.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Why ban other forums? They may have good information / write ups on things.

Artisan Vaping

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Want to know how I got permabanned from the ECF? I broke one of their unwritten rules (it really doesn't matter which one, they make them up as they go along anyway), and a moderator PM'ed me. I PM'ed him back and said, "I apologize for breaking your rules, for a minute there I forgot how fucked up they are".

Instant Permaban for life. That was more than 3 years ago.

ECF deleting VU and VaporJoes from posts really just encapsulates that whole forum perfectly, IMHO.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I agree 100%. I've been most active on Subaru forums, and I stick to the local one, and another small one. Both are very lax, and as you said, there are tutorials on engine/turbo tuning etc... regarding cars that are useful, on other forums. I, like many have moved on to another car, but stick around here and there for the friends and community. I never go to NASIOC, the huge one anymore, it was just for extra info when needed. All big forums seem to get sketchy in some respect, in my experience. Seems regardless of the subject matter.

A forum is a community, and one in which you choose to participate. Generally communities exist to help each other, and therefore, banning anything associated with YOU, Joe, or other forums defeats the purpose, IMO. Why continue to participate in a community that wants to limit you.

Ironically, if this was done because the gigantic ECF is afraid of losing members, they inadvertently made there own bed with a lot of people who wouldn't have left otherwise. Too funny.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Want to know how I got permabanned from the ECF? I broke one of their unwritten rules (it really doesn't matter which one, they make them up as they go along anyway), and a moderator PM'ed me. I PM'ed him back and said, "I apologize for breaking your rules, for a minute there I forgot how fucked up they are".

Instant Permaban for life. That was more than 3 years ago.

ECF deleting VU and VaporJoes from posts really just encapsulates that whole forum perfectly, IMHO.
Sorry to double post, but that's just hilarious. Great PM there, sir!

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I agree 100%. I've been most active on Subaru forums, and I stick to the local one, and another small one. Both are very lax, and as you said, there are tutorials on engine/turbo tuning etc... regarding cars that are useful, on other forums. I, like many have moved on to another car, but stick around here and there for the friends and community. I never go to NASIOC, the huge one anymore, it was just for extra info when needed. All big forums seem to get sketchy in some respect, in my experience. Seems regardless of the subject matter.

A forum is a community, and one in which you choose to participate. Generally communities exist to help each other, and therefore, banning anything associated with YOU, Joe, or other forums defeats the purpose, IMO. Why continue to participate in a community that wants to limit you.

Ironically, if this was done because the gigantic ECF is afraid of losing members, they inadvertently made there own bed with a lot of people who wouldn't have left otherwise. Too funny.

You know how you lose numbers? Trying to do what they are doing.
Vapers arent stupid - even if they dislike me, vapingunderground, etc... It can happen to them too and they know it.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You know how you lose numbers? Trying to do what they are doing.
Vapers arent stupid - even if they dislike me, vapingunderground, etc... It can happen to them too and they know it.
Exactly, which makes it that much more humorous to me. They are just shooting themselves in the foot, and good for them. I'm much more happy here.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
9 months ago when I started vaping I knew nothing about it. ECF was a great source of info for me and lots of you here helped me get to the point I am now. I am glad there is/was a place to learn but it never felt like home to me. I think it has seen its best days with its tight ship and censorship. Change is a good thing and some just can't accept that.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

CASAA was born from ECF, CASAA is ECF .. having been a member for over 4 years, you should know that ... just sayin

Why do you believe in CASAA's efforts in "helping to keep vaping from being banned", when their founders harbor the same mentality, and employ control tactics that are very similar to those that they are supposedly fighting against? The ways of ECF are not any different than the ways of the government that is trying to regulate, and/or ban vaping. Control via excessive rule, restriction, and censorship.

CASAA/ECF will fight for your right to remain "Free to Vape", even as they believe that you are not "Free to speak"? at least not while you are on ECF ... Does that make sense to you?o_O

To claim to believe in, and fight for one's freedom to vape, yet not for one's freedom to speak = RETARDED in the truest definition of the word, which is "to be held back", and is characterized by a slowness or limitation in intellectual understanding and awareness.

If not for the freedom to speak, CASAA/ECF, or any other community "advocate", would have no way to even ATTEMPT to fight for your right to vape, or anything else for that matter. ECF and the US government are cut from the very same cloth, and are essentially the same event mirroring itself in the physical Universe. :rolleyes:

Artisan Vaping

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Also haven't you heard that, according to Stanton Glantz, CASAA is just a front organization for Big Tobacco.

I believe he included ECF in that category as well.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
............Vaperjoes is about freedom of speech and letting people say what they want without fear. This IS the way it should be. Thank you Joe for making a forum we can enjoy without fear from moderators.

I mean just talking about the ECF here is advertising for them right??? So should Vapingunderground ban the use of the word ECF?? Just sayin'

CV;)
CASAA was born from ECF, CASAA is ECF .. having been a member for over 4 years, you should know that ... just sayin

Why do you believe in CASAA's efforts in "helping to keep vaping from being banned", when their founders harbor the same mentality, and employ control tactics that are very similar to those that they are supposedly fighting against? The ways of ECF are not any different than the ways of the government that is trying to regulate, and/or ban vaping. Control via excessive rule, restriction, and censorship.

CASAA/ECF will fight for your right to remain "Free to Vape", even as they believe that you are not "Free to speak"? at least not while you are on ECF ... Does that make sense to you?o_O

To claim to believe in, and fight for one's freedom to vape, yet not for one's freedom to speak = RETARDED in the truest definition of the word, which is "to be held back", and is characterized by a slowness or limitation in intellectual understanding and awareness.

If not for the freedom to speak, CASAA/ECF, or any other community "advocate", would have no way to even ATTEMPT to fight for your right to vape, or anything else for that matter. ECF and the US government are cut from the very same cloth, and are essentially the same event mirroring itself in the physical Universe. :rolleyes:

Vaping has never been about conformity, so why try to make vaporers conform? More power to you Joe! I've said this before, and I'll say it again, "Thanks for all that you do!" If they choose to ignore part of the community, they will reap the deserved ire for doing so. You @VaporJoes, have already proven the inclusive nature of the community that you are building, and will reap the just rewards for doing so!

Vapo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I went back to a dying thread on ECF regarding the Hana Modz V3 clone where there has been a few posts linking to VaporJoes blog regarding news about the clones. Today I see that "VaporJoe" is now the equivalent to cursing on the ECF. Completely censored! Add to that, and I kinda, sorta understand why, "Vapingunderground" is also censored. I realized this when I couldn't send a direct link in a private message to someone who had asked about the forum. So now there no linking to anything on the blog without complications. There's a lot of good information on the ECF, but I think they may be taking this a bit far at this point... It's not censored because it's distasteful, but rather because of possible loss of traffic? Thoughts?

Just My Two Cents

First we had BrianJ in a blue dress and now this....IGNORE them please.

Vaping is now big business so everyone will try to play king of the hill looking for a big piece of the pie (everyone see the tobacco companies trying to get a piece of this now?)

From those just starting out to those using the mechanical mods, everyone wants all kinds of info to help them understand what's out there, what works best for them, where the good liquids are, what's their next step, where the best prices are, etc., etc.

You have people like me that are just starting out to those that live vaping. I don't have the time to invest in the live shows, twitter, Facebook, blogs and such. I catch things as I can. I like VJ's because I could get info fast and precise and browse the forums as I have time and find good links and deals.

My Dad used to say " never try to teach a pig to sing, it will frustrate you and annoy the pig." Let these people do as they will and in the mean time in you like it here and like Joe's mission remember it and follow it.

What you're seeing is those that feel threatened about what Joe is doing, it's making them insecure and panicking their wallets. Let them bark at the moon while continuing to make VU the best it can be. It's ok to talk about what they're doing to us so we stay informed but don't let them steal the vision here.

I've seen this kind of thing happen in other areas of my life and in the long run it's not worth it to give them too much attention. It's more important to to keep your vision and focus. Again....just my two cents.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

That is exactly what I was saying Joe. Forums are a way to communicate to others first and foremost. The profits will come without all the nazi moderators and banning. That is just a power play that I believe will backfire on the ECF at some point. Thanks again for taking the time and effort to create vaping underground Joe. As a long time viewer of your Blog, It is appreciated by me and many others I am sure.

CV:)

buffaloguy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Joe, are you saying you are worried about pagerank here? You and I both know the amount of info on VU will grow and backlink exponentially, and quickly. You have been marketing online long enough (in much tougher markets too btw as I did) to know you dont need ECF or their links to overtake them in traffic from search or otherwise.

I say ignore ECF and dont give this any play. Theres no reason to even worry about it in the grand scheme of things. Let them do it their way and you do it your way. We both know based on experience who will be on top in the end. They are not marketing people over there. They cant compete with advanced internet marketing knowledge. They just dont have it.

You already won the battle here.

Nicoroshi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Agree. Thanks VaporJoe for a forum that isn't petty, and ban hammer happy.
I got banned from ECF for helping another member by custom turning a specific size drip tip for him on my lathe.
Seems you need vendor status to help someone out over there.
Currently marked as 'moved on' by the mods (although I cannot log in because it tells me I am banned) since I don't lick boots, and wasn't sorry about what I did, and in fact I would do it again to help a fellow vaper.
Their loss.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Everyone saying ignore it, serious question. Does the censorship over at the ECF and the openness and lack of censorship at VU not push people to VU?
My main issue is not the censorship of VU but more the Deals blog. There's a wealth of information that is now not able to be linked to, because of being operated by the same person? Yeah, their site, their rules, u don't like it go elsewhere. But this is not what I see the vaping community as, the core Imo, is the networking and overall helpfulness and generosity shared by the community. This is just to much imho.

buffaloguy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sure it will push some people here. However, I intend to use both sites and will respect the rules on both. No skin off my nose. Different sites, different purposes. I dont own the sites so I have no reason to feel as if I can have any say on what is allowed, or isnt. Its their right... be it right or wrong.

I just think Joe should take the high road here. Hes already won the battle, and the war just by opening VU. What ECF does or does not do should have no bearing here.

If I dont like it Ill go elsewhere... or start my own site... like Joe did. For those with the knowledge to do that its a big task but its not impossible and the ad dollars are certainly profitable. Heck the internet was built on marketing and ad dollars. Without that ECF and VU wouldnt exist.

Everyone saying ignore it, serious question. Does the censorship over at the ECF and the openness and lack of censorship at VU not push people to VU?
My main issue is not the censorship of VU but more the Deals blog. There's a wealth of information that is now not able to be linked to, because of being operated by the same person? Yeah, their site, their rules, u don't like it go elsewhere. But this is not what I see the vaping community as, the core Imo, is the networking and overall helpfulness and generosity shared by the community. This is just to much imho.

StrappedKaos

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey Nakkita, enjoyed talking with you on the post you started about clones. Im also from NC so I do remember chatting with you about it all. To bad I was banned for my wife wanting to take interest in my hobby.

My take on this with back story you can read on my new members post-
I was a member of ECF for over a year, same name as here. I never once had an infraction or anything other then likes on top of liked posts. About two weeks ago my wife who does not vape asked if she could join in order to take part in a hobby that saved me from smoking and ofcourse I said yes. That night she created an account and introduced herself, right after she posted they banned us both for multiple account same ip... I could have understood if I had an infraction or something negative, they didn't even ask why and have yet to respond to my email explaining what happened or ask me why.
I have had things I said censured even thou it was completely fine and then on same post someone that had a diff. View on the matter get away Scott free since they are friends with the admin. When I found the outside I was interested because it was a way to share things unrelated to vaping but soon found out the "KPC" had been there for 5 years and the admin were personal friends and it was extremely biased on what route the discussions went in. Nothing personal towards them but kinda makes for a one sided discussion or else type of strong armed censorship. Anyway thats why I have an issue as being the biggest vape forum in the world they should have less biased opinions in order to better display us as vapers in others eyes, look forward to many discussions here in due time.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey Nakkita, enjoyed talking with you on the post you started about clones. Im also from NC so I do remember chatting with you about it all. To bad I was banned for my wife wanting to take interest in my hobby.

I was a member of ECF for over a year, same name as here. I never once had an infraction or anything other then likes on top of liked posts. About two weeks ago my wife who does not vape asked if she could join in order to take part in a hobby that saved me from smoking and ofcourse I said yes. That night she created an account and introduced herself, right after she posted they banned us both for multiple account same ip... I could have understood if I had an infraction or something negative, they didn't even ask why and have yet to respond to my email explaining what happened or ask me why.
I have had things I said censured even thou it was completely fine and then on same post someone that had a diff. View on the matter get away Scott free since they are friends with the admin. When I found the outside I was interested because it was a way to share things unrelated to vaping but soon found out the "KPC" had been there for 5 years and the admin were personal friends and it was extremely biased on what route the discussions went in. Nothing personal towards them but kinda makes for a one sided discussion or else type of strong armed censorship. Anyway thats why I have an issue as being the biggest vape forum in the world they should have less biased opinions in order to better display us as vapers in others eyes, look forward to many discussions here in due time.

Yeah, I went to the outside forum for awhile and noticed the same thing. There are some people that own that forum it seems. If you have a different point of view than them you are mocked and told you are retarded or something to that effect. They have perfected insulting people without doing it directly to get around the rules of the forum. I wish I did not get permabanned only because of a couple vendor forums I like to go to once in awhile. Oh well, hopefully I can get the ones I like to move over here to the underground, and leave that nazi camp called the ECF. LOL

Vermiform

Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I went to the outside forum for awhile and noticed the same thing. There are some people that own that forum it seems. If you have a different point of view than them you are mocked and told you are retarded or something to that effect. They have perfected insulting people without doing it directly to get around the rules of the forum. I wish I did not get permabanned only because of a couple vendor forums I like to go to once in awhile. Oh well, hopefully I can get the ones I like to move over here to the underground, and leave that nazi camp called the ECF. LOL

OR....you can do as I do and remind yourself about the rule concerning arguing with people on the internet (if you don't know it, PM me for answer)......
AND....realize that on those types of topics you aren't going to change anyones mind....
THEN....Stay the hell out of the OUTSIDE forum and stick to vape topics...ie...the reason you joined the forum in the first place.

I'm a gun nut. There are some rabidly illogical anti-gun folks posting in that outside forum masquerading as fair & balanced and only there to argue regardless of the facts. I recognized this after my second post and stop going there. YMMV

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

Hi StrappedKaos :) Wow, that is just insane! Are they not aware that there are households with more than one internet user in it?o_O It is these kinds of stories that leaves such a bad taste in people's mouths, because it is so senseless. The good news, you will not have to worry about that nonsense over here. :)

While I definitely agree with those who have said that we should not turn this forum into a ECF bashing site, it is totally understandable that so many are now speaking about their negative ECF experiences, because finally they can speak in public without the fear/threat of being banned for it.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Agree. Thanks VaporJoe for a forum that isn't petty, and ban hammer happy.
I got banned from ECF for helping another member by custom turning a specific size drip tip for him on my lathe.
Seems you need vendor status to help someone out over there.
Currently marked as 'moved on' by the mods (although I cannot log in because it tells me I am banned) since I don't lick boots, and wasn't sorry about what I did, and in fact I would do it again to help a fellow vaper.
Their loss.

Wow, just wow! That is so tragic! You were banned for turning a got damn drip tip for another member :( Most sane adults are able to discern the difference between using your knowledge, and skill to help a fellow member, and using the forum to start a business.

Having been a member there for almost 3 years, I knew that Admin ruled with a heavy hand, and had some biased moderating going on, but I genuinely had no idea about the #'s of vapers that have been banned from there, and so many bans seemingly for inconsequential reasons.

i cant even remember my password to ECF, and frankly IDGAF. with shit like that why would anyone want to go back?

i bet their mods will lurk here and ban any users with the same username on their forum that has switched to vapingunderground.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors