Become a Patron!

Griffin

tomkp

Member For 4 Years
Who all out there in vapeland has a Griffin rta? I absolutely love this tank but have only one issue with it and can't find any info. When you twist it to open or close the juice flow holes, mine is way to 'lose' feeling. I am hearing that the build deck/base itself comes apart. Has anyone done this? I want to figure out if I can change the o-ring to make it a bit tighter. It's hard to tell when I'm pulling it from my pocket when it's dark out if I'm turning it or not. TIA

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

tomkp

Member For 4 Years
Just curious why you'd want to disassemble the base in the first place...??

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
Mine is really lose. Not leaking, but so lose that if you blow on it, it will spin. I can't tell if I'm closing the juice holes when I take it from my pocket

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Mine is really lose. Not leaking, but so lose that if you blow on it, it will spin. I can't tell if I'm closing the juice holes when I take it from my pocket

You have a Lemon Griffin, you need to send it in and get it replaced. This is one of the first released batches that were not properly pressed in and it will be swapped for free.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Make sure you didn't loose the O ring between the tank and the chamber/airflow control

Vape On

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Like Ray said above, you must have a Lemon...mine are firm and stays where I set them...just sayin

tomkp

Member For 4 Years
uploadfromtaptalk1455485919427.jpg
In this pic where the arrow is, is the space that I'm talking about. From I understand this base is supposed to come apart but I can't get it to separate. I don't have any leaks but it spins way too easy I think it should be tighter than it is

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 41098
In this pic where the arrow is, is the space that I'm talking about. From I understand this base is supposed to come apart but I can't get it to separate. I don't have any leaks but it spins way too easy I think it should be tighter than it is

Yeah as far as I know that base was made in one piece, I don't know how it would come apart either...maybe try a getting a very thin o-ring in that space...or a thin wire..or send it back..wish I could help more!!

tomkp

Member For 4 Years
Yeah as far as I know that base was made in one piece, I don't know how it would come apart either...maybe try a getting a very thin o-ring in that space...or a thin wire..or send it back..wish I could help more!!

That's kewl. Thanx for the chat. It was grimmgreen that said it comes apart, he just didn't do it in his video. I just commented on his yt video to see if he would post something on it

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's kewl. Thanx for the chat. It was grimmgreen that said it comes apart, he just didn't do it in his video. I just commented on his yt video to see if he would post something on it

Unscrew the 510

Vape On

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The base is press fitted by a hydraulic press, good luck getting it apart....Yours must not have been pressed to the exact tolerance it should have been and this is why its a lemon, contact the place you bought it from and get it replaced, this is under factory defects and should be a smooth process. If you do not want to go this route grab some 38g+ wire and wrap a few strands between the spinning piece and the base and that should tighten it up some.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I haven't done anything with it yet. I may try it later tonight. Il post my results

You might wanna check out the mutation RDTA, no spinning, no airflow control, bigger airflow, a true CHUCKER, I have the same built on my GTANK, the mtrdta blows my GTANK, but for flavor? GTANK all the way...

Vape On

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
...Ej thats your opinion....

My opinion if it holds any weight:
I would suggest the Diablo if not the Griffin, its the only other tank I would consider buying again. The MT Tank...well has sat on the shelf since the first day it came and that goes for many others. Keep in mind I have built almost every type of build that can fit into all the RTA's and tried them with varying amounts of wattage, some were decent, some were okay, some really weren't good at all but they all lacked in one area or another and they got shelved for those reasons. I find the Griffin and Diablo a true Jack-of-all-trades and they lack in flaws, they can be built for any type of vape and they are easily maintained and filled. Building on them requires little effort and the amount of room is great (MT is lacking here). The wicking is simple and can be done by untrained monkeys (MT also lacking here). The airflow is adjustable and is smooth and stays put (MT also lacks this...) It has topfill that is super easy and fast, and juice control for use with thinner liquids. The price tag makes it hard to turn away for anyone also.

The Diablo is a Griffin thats shorter, holds more juice but lacks airflow control/juice control and it has about 2/3's the amount of build room available but for the clone's $12 price tag it cant be beat. I will be ordering 3-4 more of these in both 2ml and 5ml sizes.

Its too bad you got one that has a flaw, its the only flaw so far and thats because it wasnt made to the correct specification and tolerances.

tomkp

Member For 4 Years

I would suggest the Diablo if not the Griffin, its the only other tank I would consider buying again. The MT Tank...well has sat on the shelf since the first day it came and that goes for many others. Keep in mind I have built almost every type of build that can fit into all the RTA's and tried them with varying amounts of wattage, some were decent, some were okay, some really weren't good at all but they all lacked in one area or another and they got shelved for those reasons. I find the Griffin and Diablo a true Jack-of-all-trades and they lack in flaws, they can be built for any type of vape and they are easily maintained and filled. Building on them requires little effort and the amount of room is great (MT is lacking here). The wicking is simple and can be done by untrained monkeys (MT also lacking here). The airflow is adjustable and is smooth and stays put (MT also lacks this...) It has topfill that is super easy and fast, and juice control for use with thinner liquids. The price tag makes it hard to turn away for anyone also.

The Diablo is a Griffin thats shorter, holds more juice but lacks airflow control/juice control and it has about 2/3's the amount of build room available but for the clone's $12 price tag it cant be beat. I will be ordering 3-4 more of these in both 2ml and 5ml sizes.

Its too bad you got one that has a flaw, its the only flaw so far and thats because it wasnt made to the correct specification and tolerances.
That Diablo rta is a sick looking tank. But only a 2.5ml that kinda sux but I think still worth it

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That Diablo rta is a sick looking tank. But only a 2.5ml that kinda sux but I think still worth it

There is a 2.5ml and a 5ml version, most of the clones are 5ml though. You can tell is its a 5ml or a 2.5ml from the drip tip and chimney size. The 2.5ml has NO CHIMNEY and the drip tip has no edges, the fins at the top are rounded off, the 5ml has a Chimney you can see and the drip tip looks like a castle tower, it has sharper looking fins on it.

See Here:
52cb20f6fd8f2246691cb186a151221f.png

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Dude you haven't heard of the mutation RDTA OBVIOUSLY...
Look it up before you start a book with me...

Vape On

tomkp

Member For 4 Years
There is a 2.5ml and a 5ml version, most of the clones are 5ml though. You can tell is its a 5ml or a 2.5ml from the drip tip and chimney size. The 2.5ml has NO CHIMNEY and the drip tip has no edges, the fins at the top are rounded off, the 5ml has a Chimney you can see and the drip tip looks like a castle tower, it has sharper looking fins on it.

See Here:
52cb20f6fd8f2246691cb186a151221f.png
OK sweet. I like it even more now lol

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Dude you haven't heard of the mutation RDTA OBVIOUSLY...
Look it up before you start a book with me...

Vape On
I own the Mutation RTA...I can post comparison pics if needed. Maybe you forgotten who your trying to convince. Your the reason I bought the last MT RTA and I didnt see the hype in it, I dont have high expectations for the next Mutation tank because of this, but I will buy it just to see if it is different.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I havent seen the third type and thats probably because it was a recent release (possibly in the last 2 weeks). The other 2 are the same except one can handle coilheads and the other is solid. Could you please post the third tank, I dont see anything about it with google...

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know, as I'm reading these posts I'm kicked back in my easy chair vaping my Griffin... I'm still truly amazed at the vapor this thing consistently produces from full tank to almost MT..not even close to a dry hit and no spitback either...
...and its only a 24g Nichrome build in it. Lord have mercy if the Clapton coils coming will make this perfect RTA even better, I'll probly order two more,..lol

Last edited:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I havent seen the third type and thats probably because it was a recent release (possibly in the last 2 weeks). The other 2 are the same except one can handle coilheads and the other is solid. Could you please post the third tank, I dont see anything about it with google...
I already did but ignored it cuz u Inlove with the Diablo and ready to marry GTANK lol

Vape On

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I already did but ignored it cuz u Inlove with the Diablo and ready to marry GTANK lol

Vape On
Im sorry if it offends you that there is something that works without flaws, I find these are reasons to let others know to buy them. I dont hype up pieces that are lacking or difficult just because I spent money on it and I will tell it like I see it. Reviews on youtube and elsewhere are the reason I started comparing, I keep a pretty tight checklist, and many dont make the cut for reasons they overlook. I do not and if it has an issue I would suggest it or recommend it to others.

I dont see why your getting frustrated with me, Im just posting my own opinion based on what Ive compared and used. These are based on having the products and finding what makes them work or not and what could be an issue when in use, especially whilst out and about. If you ca overlook these issues then more power to you, but I wont be recommending them to people looking to buy as they usually dont care for dealing with foreseen issues.

If you love something then stick with it but make sure others know why you love it and why it could also be better, dont hide whats wrong with it as it could be the reason others dont like it afterwards.

tomkp

Member For 4 Years
Ha you guys are great. Getting all kinda of info here and love the convo

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That looks like the same RTA I have and was talking about to me..

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That looks like the same RTA I have and was talking about to me..
No sir I own all 3 they are all different
The MTANK that u have suck in ur opinion cuz the way u VAPE, we talked about this
The MUTANK SUBOHM TANK comes with pre made coil and has the same deck like the one u have with an available velocity deck 7 bucks
The RDTA has the velocity deck more juice capacity and a different chamber... Vapordna.com has them all I got
M SUBOHM
And the RDTA from VAPENW
And yes they all look a like,but not really..

Vape On

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im sorry if it offends you that there is something that works without flaws, I find these are reasons to let others know to buy them. I dont hype up pieces that are lacking or difficult just because I spent money on it and I will tell it like I see it. Reviews on youtube and elsewhere are the reason I started comparing, I keep a pretty tight checklist, and many dont make the cut for reasons they overlook. I do not and if it has an issue I would suggest it or recommend it to others.

I dont see why your getting frustrated with me, Im just posting my own opinion based on what Ive compared and used. These are based on having the products and finding what makes them work or not and what could be an issue when in use, especially whilst out and about. If you ca overlook these issues then more power to you, but I wont be recommending them to people looking to buy as they usually dont care for dealing with foreseen issues.

If you love something then stick with it but make sure others know why you love it and why it could also be better, dont hide whats wrong with it as it could be the reason others dont like it afterwards.
I'm never offended dude...

Vape On

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aesthetic wise the GTANK is nicer but juice capacity wise it lacks....I get it so you can put fuse Clapton 3.5 mm... See how bigger the MTANK RDTA? That's a true chucker BUT if you don't know what is KAYFUN rule I suggest get the GTANK...

Vape On

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Could you post a link to the third RTA, I still can not find it anywhere, I just checked vapordna. The ones listed are the RTA's I own and I cant find the RTDA.
This is the only one with a Velocity Deck...which its the same tank but with the 2 post design. The problem is the limits that the chamber has for the size coils that can be used, if you like smaller coils with less wraps then it should do well, if you like anything in the 3mm ID/6 Wrap+ range then it wont do well. I find the wicking openings pointless for that reason, why have such large channels for coils that wont even burn through that juice? It makes for more difficult wicking for no reason at all and unless done right it will leak or dryhit, once you get it down pact then it wont be an issue. If it had juice control then it would solve this issue.

If they would make the chamber slightly bigger then I would have it in my everyday rotation. Its just not something I would recommend to others to use because of this issue. It doesnt make it a bad RTA, just a finicky one. The juice capacity is negligible since refilling this are almost 1 and done, but if you can look over the build limitation and wicking and want capacity then I would suggest the 25mm VCMT...Its basically a Velocity Deck MT RTA with 7ml Capacity-I do keep it around just for its capacity so I do see why some would care for capacity.

I vape many different styles but yes I do like a warm-hot vape the most. I guess your right I am wrong because the way I vape makes the tank a failure in my eyes....Its just me.;)

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could you post a link to the third RTA, I still can not find it anywhere, I just checked vapordna. The ones listed are the RTA's I own and I cant find the RTDA.
This is the only one with a Velocity Deck...which its the same tank but with the 2 post design. The problem is the limits that the chamber has for the size coils that can be used, if you like smaller coils with less wraps then it should do well, if you like anything in the 3mm ID/6 Wrap+ range then it wont do well. I find the wicking openings pointless for that reason, why have such large channels for coils that wont even burn through that juice? It makes for more difficult wicking for no reason at all and unless done right it will leak or dryhit, once you get it down pact then it wont be an issue. If it had juice control then it would solve this issue.

If they would make the chamber slightly bigger then I would have it in my everyday rotation. Its just not something I would recommend to others to use because of this issue. It doesnt make it a bad RTA, just a finicky one. The juice capacity is negligible since refilling this are almost 1 and done, but if you can look over the build limitation and wicking and want capacity then I would suggest the 25mm VCMT...Its basically a Velocity Deck MT RTA with 7ml Capacity-I do keep it around just for its capacity so I do see why some would care for capacity.

I vape many different styles but yes I do like a warm-hot vape the most. I guess your right I am wrong because the way I vape makes the tank a failure in my eyes....Its just me.;)
http://www.vapordna.com/Project-Sub-Ohm-Mutation-X-Mutank-RDTA-Edition-p/psomrd.htm
Check that out...
Not everybody vapes like u bro....
Maybe when making recommendations to VAPERS be more open minded to other products that are available out there...I get it GRIFFIN IS GREAT I have one remember I love it, it's my MORNING VAPE, I use it for my desert vapes, there's something about it that gives me that ummmm!!
But it's not my adv tank
I chuck with my small chamber indulgence tanks .
I go to work with my serpent RTA..
Check the link

Vape On

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That is the same exact RTA as I posted and is the MT RTA with a Velocity RBA head. That doesnt make it a different RTA or Model...Thats like saying the Smok TFV4 is a different RTA with each RBA section...

Its funny you say that but I have used the Balrog, Kanger Tanks, and Goblin Mini just fine....( I still use them everyday)
If you do the math 90-110w at almost .1 Ohms is the same type of vape as .3 Ohms at 70w and .5 Ohm at 60w. Your the only person who has said I vape at 120w all the time, this is a judgment made by you and you alone. Heat and energy can be matched for the resistance and wattage level for any build, saying that I vape the way I do is a poor call especially when the argument is why a tank is decent or not. The way it vapes isnt a real factor as all tanks when built properly will do the job intended, its the flaws and problematic processes of using the tank that factors in when comparing them.

We get it you like the MT RTA, its a decent RTA but I do not like it because its limitations and false advertising, which Ive mentioned many times before is the reason I care less for this RTA. Its not the way I vape as that has nothing to do with it in the slightest bit....I dont vape crazy, just slightly warmer then most people...but its not that much warmer and it varies for every build and resistance and I dont think you understand that.

Small Build Chamber/Deck+Oversized Wicking Channels with no Juice/Airflow Control and Topfill = Troubles unless completely perfect....

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its funny you say that but I have used the Balrog, Kanger Tanks, and Goblin Mini just fine....( I still use them everyday)
If you do the math 90-110w at almost .1 Ohms is the same type of vape as .3 Ohms at 70w and .5 Ohm at 60w. Your the only person who has said I vape at 120w all the time, this is a judgment made by you and you alone. Heat and energy can be matched for the resistance and wattage level for any build, saying that I vape the way I do is a poor call especially when the argument is why a tank is decent or not. The way it vapes isnt a real factor as all tanks when built properly will do the job intended, its the flaws and problematic processes of using the tank that factors in when comparing them.
Very well said!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I wish it wasnt presidents day and most of my mail is at the Hub waiting for tomorrow for delivery:
Hohm Wrecker G2
GeekVape 521 #2
Black Griffin #3
X Cube II #2
300ft each of every gauge wire between 22g-38g
Vape Mat
Alienware M14x Extreme
Efest LUC6 6 Bay Charger
10 Samsung 25R5's
5 Bags of Cotton Bacon V2
HP Netbook 12"
Samsug Galaxy Tab 8
Samsung Galaxy SIIII
20 304 SS M2.5x4mm Grub Screws
10 304 SS HRC55 M2.5x4mm Grub Screws

Still in the Mail:
Black/Gold Twisted Messes RDA
Black Cthulhu V2 RTA
Double Vision RDA
Black Diablo 2.5ml RTA
Brass Diablo Box Mod
Exodus Box Mod
Kimber TLE II Pro 1911
Kimber Fobus Holster
VZ Operators II Dirty Olive Drab Grips
A Literal Fuck Ton of juice from VVV, Ejuice Mafia and Five Fold Vapors.
and thats just what I remember that Ive ordered..

Its going to be a large Vape Mail post tomorrow :cool: and a few days later

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish it wasnt presidents day and most of my mail is at the Hub waiting for tomorrow for delivery:
Hohm Wrecker G2
GeekVape 521 #2
Black Griffin #3
X Cube II #2
300ft each of every gauge wire between 22g-38g
Vape Mat
Alienware M14x Extreme
Efest LUC6 6 Bay Charger
10 Samsung 25R5's
HP Netbook 12"
Samsug Galaxy Tab 8
Samsung Galaxy SIIII

Still in the Mail:
Black/Gold Twisted Messes RDA
Black Cthulhu V2 RTA
Double Vision RDA
Black Diablo 2.5ml RTA
Brass Diablo Box Mod
Exodus Box Mod
Kimber TLE II Pro 1911
and thats just what I remember that Ive ordered..
Holy Moly buddy, that's alot of vape mail! I've only have 4 mods, 2 Griffins and 2 TFV4's to keep up with..wow, lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Holy Moly buddy, that's alot of vape mail! I've only have 4 mods, 2 Griffins and 2 TVV4's to keep up with..wow, lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Vape Tax Time Budget my friend...Just as I was sick of waiting for it. I had almost everything saved in the cart on multiple sites for days before it was sent to my account and I ordered it directly afterwards....
Im most excited for the Exodus, the Alienware M14X and the Kimber TLE II...

VU Sponsors