Become a Patron!

Hammer of god builds

Muzikmaker

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I just traded for the HoG clone ( in the Trading forum) with the Temple RDA. Suggestions? Unless @raymo2u wants to build me some coils, lol. I just had my eyes operated on so I'm a little hesitant to build. Did these just after the eyes were done on a Tsunami.

i2guxgn.jpg

That's a single .18 staggered alien. But I find it too hard to build that right now. It took me near five hours with my vision problems. And a lot of wire. Suggestions for a simple build on the Temple?

And here is what I traded for ...

W5R4YX8.jpg
Simple as in 20 ga wrapped like a mad man?

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I just traded for the HoG clone ( in the Trading forum) with the Temple RDA. Suggestions? Unless @raymo2u wants to build me some coils, lol. I just had my eyes operated on so I'm a little hesitant to build. Did these just after the eyes were done on a Tsunami.

i2guxgn.jpg

That's a single .18 staggered alien. But I find it too hard to build that right now. It took me near five hours with my vision problems. And a lot of wire. Suggestions for a simple build on the Temple?

W5R4YX8.jpg

Is there a gold bevel around the edge of the box or is it just my eyes? Thats sweet if so. Wish mine had that.

As for a build, personally I like to use either Aliens or reguliar staggered fused claptons, the latter being my favorites at the moment. And I too use the Temple on my HoG V2 as of now. I did just get a 40mm Mason rda to throw on top of it, just gotta wait for a day where I can sit down and figure out a worthy build of a rda as massive as the Mason 40 that can run comfortably on a series box.

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

i2guxgn.jpg

W5R4YX8.jpg
A great and easy build for the Temple is the little brother to my .15 quad coil. Try 14 wrap 3.6mm 24g n80 quads, comes out to ~.28. I still use this in my Hybrid Temple on top of my VCM 26650 stacked.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A great and easy build for the Temple is the little brother to my .15 quad coil. Try 14 wrap 3.6mm 24g n80 quads, comes out to ~.28. I still use this in my Hybrid Temple on top of my VCM 26650 stacked.
Wow. Maybe I'll give it go. Deck is sure big enough. That's a lot of watts for a paraseries though, lol. Must be what. ... 2 second puffs?

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
* its one but i tried duals, ohmed at .25 single and .11 dual
.11 isn't something I'd put in a hog clone but your free to do as you wish. Series mods will double your volts but your amps and mah will stay the same. The hog is para series so volts, amps and mah all double. With double the volts it's easier to fire bigger coils like the one you have.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm a series guy. I own at least five. I'm not real comfortable below .3 ohm TBH. The paraseries is a bit beefier though. I think I'll have to do a lot of testing. Might just ship out the RDA to Ray or Chef - they can certainly build me something cool. I wish my vision was better but I'm still healing - I don't have the patience to build right now - frustrating.

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow. Maybe I'll give it go. Deck is sure big enough. That's a lot of watts for a paraseries though, lol. Must be what. ... 2 second puffs?
I can't remember the true numbers on it. I want to say after drop and sag it'll hit at ~7v and checking Steamengine it 175w. 2 second pulls, sure, to start with.

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm a series guy. I own at least five. I'm not real comfortable below .3 ohm TBH. The paraseries is a bit beefier though. I think I'll have to do a lot of testing. Might just ship out the RDA to Ray or Chef - they can certainly build me something cool. I wish my vision was better but I'm still healing - I don't have the patience to build right now - frustrating.

If it's the amp draw that worries you it only about 25 amps total. If it's the heat of the build, The Temple has a big chamber and loads of air flow. You run it wide open it won't be hot. But to each there own. A 22g n80 3.6mm 12 wrap is .31. That one of the builds I use in my VCP and VCP Boss.

ETA: I have a lot of rebuilding to do. I did up a 26/40 3.6mm 11 or 12 wrap FC. should be ~.35, I'm sure you could order something like that if you wanted something built for you.

Last edited:

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is there a gold bevel around the edge of the box or is it just my eyes? Thats sweet if so. Wish mine had that.

As for a build, personally I like to use either Aliens or reguliar staggered fused claptons, the latter being my favorites at the moment. And I too use the Temple on my HoG V2 as of now. I did just get a 40mm Mason rda to throw on top of it, just gotta wait for a day where I can sit down and figure out a worthy build of a rda as massive as the Mason 40 that can run comfortably on a series box.
I have yet to build anything good in the 40mm mason. Everything I've done needs more power than the hog can give or the distance from the coils to the airflow just weirds me out.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have yet to build anything good in the 40mm mason. Everything I've done needs more power than the hog can give or the distance from the coils to the airflow just weirds me out.

It is a lot bigger and "roomier" than I thought it was gonna be, and I was expecting it to be big. Ill figure out something in there, the problem is gonna be fitting the proper size builds for the deck size into the relatively small post holes.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

i2guxgn.jpg

W5R4YX8.jpg
I would just do some 2x24N80/38g Fused claptons with 11 Wraps/3mm ID for the Temple for now, if you do want some coils made PM me for details.

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would just do some 2x24N80/38g Fused claptons with 11 Wraps/3mm ID for the Temple for now, if you do want some coils made PM me for details.
If he's nervous about going under .3, 26g n80 would be better. 10 wrap 3.5mm is 33/.34?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If he's nervous about going under .3, 26g n80 would be better. 10 wrap 3.5mm is 33/.34?
Wasnt thinking of that, I would use 26g also...or 13 wraps to keep it up to the same resistance.

Muzikmaker

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
.11 isn't something I'd put in a hog clone but your free to do as you wish. Series mods will double your volts but your amps and mah will stay the same. The hog is para series so volts, amps and mah all double. With double the volts it's easier to fire bigger coils like the one you have.
Awesome! So if i run 25rs in it id be having roughly 35-40 amps as my head room as well as 8.4v on 5000mah? And .11 is definitely not for the hog build i wanted to fire it on my fatboy on my single hb4 maraxus stick mod but it wouldnt fire, i currently have a setup in waiting for the hog its a 20ga 316ss/28ga kanthal clapton at i believ 10 wraps which should put me at .32 on steamengine

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Awesome! So if i run 25rs in it id be having roughly 35-40 amps as my head room as well as 8.4v on 5000mah? And .11 is definitely not for the hog build i wanted to fire it on my fatboy on my single hb4 maraxus stick mod but it wouldnt fire, i currently have a setup in waiting for the hog its a 20ga 316ss/28ga kanthal clapton at i believ 10 wraps which should put me at .32 on steamengine

Single coil? What's say on a ohm meter?

Muzikmaker

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also i just got mine in its an authentic v2 from focalecig, i went to put the fatboy rda on and the nut inside spins....and it spun and snapped my negative wire on my voltage meter so i had a maintenance guy at work solder it back on but how do i get the nut to stop moving without holding it when i put rdas (on or off) of it?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Single coil and says .25 ohms on ohm reader, also can i use a set of 2 hb4s in one side until my 25rs come in or will it hurt the mod?
It wont fire if they are only on one side. It will fire with a battery on each side though but you will need to stay above .35 Ohms as your basically using a noisy cricket doing that

Muzikmaker

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It wont fire if they are only on one side. It will fire with a battery on each side though but you will need to stay above .35 Ohms as your basically using a noisy cricket doing that

Alright, any idea on how to fix the locking nut for the 510 shaft?

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Single coil and says .25 ohms on ohm reader, also can i use a set of 2 hb4s in one side until my 25rs come in or will it hurt the mod?

Mod would be fine, the batteries and your face, not so much. You should never use different batteries like that. Always use the same type and the same age batteries with you mods. I'd wait, it's only a couple of days.

Muzikmaker

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mod would be fine, the batteries and your face, not so much. You should never use different batteries like that. Always use the same type and the same age batteries with you mods. I'd wait, it's only a couple of days.

I meant i only have 2 hb4s, im waiting on my 4 25rs, but ill wait because id rather live and im more concerned as to why my 510 spins

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
it's an adjustable 510. I have to move mine every time i change the attie, it's no big deal, play with it and you'll get what you need to do. Having mismatched batteries, that is bad.

What attie are you planning to run on this?

oops, rather than erase all that I'll add the comment; you'll have to learn about where the 510 needs to be with every attie you own. they are all different.

VU Sponsors