Become a Patron!

HANAA MODZ Pack DNA 30 Style Mod Group Buy $43.90

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Best price I've seen for one of these kind of mods.

Just posted as a group buy on focalecig
5AVTCFo.jpg

MaterialAluminum
Product TypeMod
Colorblack
Quantity1
Other FeaturesBody is made of anodized aluminum
510 threaded connector
OLED display shows battery charge state, volts and ohms
Variable Wattage from 7W-30W in .1 watt increment
Compatible with 0.5ohm~3.3ohm atomizers
Input voltage/current: 3.2-4.3V/1.5-7A
Output voltage/current: 4-8V/10A
Powered by single 18650 battery (batteries sold separately)
Packing List1x HANAA MODZ Pack DNA 30 Style mod
1x USB Charging cable

http://focalecig.com/groupbuy/HANAA-MODZ-Pack-DNA-30-StyleModblack-19557

Last edited by a moderator:

clashfan24

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the heads up, just got in on this. Price was to good to pass up

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone know how good these actually are or who makes them?

I'm torn between this and MVP2 or a Vamo v5, maybe even a SiD....argh....

I want another VV/VW device as I only have the SVD and it's getting long in the tooth and a bit cranky.
Just can't afford to spend $40+ on possible junk is all. The other two are known devices.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I want another VV/VW device as I only have the SVD and it's getting long in the tooth and a bit cranky.
Just can't afford to spend $40+ on possible junk is all. The other two are known devices.

ugh.. I'm in the same boat.. I sold all my vv/vw devices and now i regret it... Let me know what you end up deciding.. I might grab one of these too

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ugh.. I'm in the same boat.. I sold all my vv/vw devices and now i regret it... Let me know what you end up deciding.. I might grab one of these too

Yeah, it's a PITA deciding in this market.
Now, If Mike ever made a 18650 Buzz Pro, I'd probably have like three of 'em...lol

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

CaFF, the board will fail you. You know it. It's why you're asking. What's the saying.. "when there's doubt, there is no doubt".

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
CaFF, the board will fail you. You know it. It's why you're asking. What's the saying.. "when there's doubt, there is no doubt".

Dangit man, stop making sense! :p

tumblr_lgzco9BjRw1qf7r5lo1_500.gif

I think I'll ponder it all over a nice hot cuppa Twinings Irish Breakfast...

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I doubt there is doubt, I think. But, I doubt it.

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just rolled the dice on one. $44 isn't a huge gamble. If it turns out to be garbage at least I'll have a nice box for a DIY mod.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why do you say that? That statement makes me sad. :(
I've had and read enough reports of users having issues with the cloned dna box from different sellers and manufacturers including Fasttech's, whether it's the readymade up cana or the board on it's own to say the board will eventually throw back issues. The silicon chips are inferior and the solder is often second grade as with all products made fast and on the cheap to meet high demand. The wiring from the battery housing is sometimes too thick or the housing itself is problematic outputting a 'check atomizer' error. The board's components heat up too easily causing the screen to suffer.

But go buy one. I'm not stopping you. It might last. My mini version with the lipos is going strong and it's already been a month :p

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

ehh this is my fear as well.. I think I might just hold.. save the extra money and get the sigelei100 watt

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ehh this is my fear as well.. I think I might just hold.. save the extra money and get the sigelei100 watt
Dare I say this lol if someone vapes at 15watts or lower (like me most of the time) maybe a cana box with a vamo v5 module... ? (but that's a discussion for another day on another thread)

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dare I say this lol if someone vapes at 15watts or lower (like me most of the time) maybe a cana box with a vamo v5 module... ? (but that's a discussion for another day on another thread)

I don't need 100watts whatsoever.. but I love the way that mod looks.. And I don't know when the P3 will drop so that will really determine what I end up getting

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ya, It's just a pretty not-so-shiny thing. I don't need or would ever even use 15W as I have mechs for that.

I just like the form, the display and the functions, which I could get just as well with a Groove II or MVP2.

My secondary search, which none of those mods would complete, is for something to use my damn LG ICR18650-C2 2800mAh batt's in.
One of those things lasts TWO DAYS in my SVD and I have eight of them just sitting there. Being all orange and glowering at me.

So, what is under around $40, has VV and/or VW, preferably not using PWM, has a 2-3A limit and has sufficient protection circuitry to use ICR 18650 batteries under low-drain useage?

There used to be lots of box mods like that back in the day, but I can't seem to find many now. Everything now is MOAR POWER sort of stuff. Bah...

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't need 100watts whatsoever.. but I love the way that mod looks.. And I don't know when the P3 will drop so that will really determine what I end up getting
Yes. The cana is like a stop gap isn't it until you get something. The thing about the idea of 'well if it fails at least I'll have a box and parts' is it might fail horrendously, you know, ruin your battery..

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, what is VV and/or VW, has a 2-3A limit and has sufficient protections to use ICR 18650 batteries?
There used to be lots of box mods like that back in the day, but I can't seem to find many now. Everything now is MOAR POWER sort of stuff. Bah...
Vamo's v5 have a 5amp limit.
Facebook groups will have lots of boxes with the chip in it for sale

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So many choices, so many more coming down the pipe. Reviews are almost worthless as some say it's the greatest thing in the history of the world, others say it blew up and killed their dog. :eek:

Let's all just wait a year and go from there. ;)

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
<snip>

But go buy one. I'm not stopping you. It might last. My mini version with the lipos is going strong and it's already been a month :p
Totally ignored the top part LOL.

I just got one in, and IMHO it blows the MVP2 out of the water (as so it should...right?). Going from a max of 11w to just 15w makes a hell of a difference. Tried going up to 20w and juices start getting a burnt taste. Dialing back down to 15w seems like a sweet spot. A 20w mod would've been just fine, but I thought that was quite a small hop from 11w - now I think otherwise.

Now to see how long this thing lasts... :)

Alex Demmer

Member For 4 Years

I have mvp 2 besides the 510 connection(you may have to take a small screwdriver and wiggle it back up) besides that and that's no big deal,this box mod is awesome for 40 bucks at 101.com ,for the price there is nothing better IMO .and not a clone.I got a vaporskin and now it looks amazing.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have mvp 2 besides the 510 connection(you may have to take a small screwdriver and wiggle it back up) besides that and that's no big deal,this box mod is awesome for 40 bucks at 101.com ,for the price there is nothing better IMO .and not a clone.I got a vaporskin and now it looks amazing.
It's a bit hard to navigate:

image.jpg

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Solid choice. That's what I'm vaping on currently... at least until my CHANA30 shows up.

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Grats CaFF. That will give you a nice solid device while you wait for all the smoke to clear on all this new stuff.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks gents!

And, apologies to Nailz for tromping all over his topic...oopsie. :oops:

Hey no need to apologize man, I was just posting for others, as best price I've seen for one, I didn't buy one, all I have mechs, and if did go for something like this, would have to be dual 18650's with a cheap price tag to go with it, you all can talk about the weather if you like :p

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey no need to apologize man, I was just posting for others, as best price I've seen for one, I didn't buy one, all I have mechs, and if did go for something like this, would have to be dual 18650's with a cheap price tag to go with it, you all can talk about the weather if you like :p
It's been very sunny and warm here again

image.jpg

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We're actually starting to have occasional cold days proper now. So it's clear winter is just around the corner. I've topped up my electricity account online to almost $1k as I intend on having the heating on this year and not have to worry everyday about a bill.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ya...similar here.

Snap103.png

Also, with 100% chance of construction crews and weirdos. ;-)

One way out of my window, it's sunny and nice, other direction not as much...heh.
Glad it'll be cooling off a bit though.

P1020113.JPG

P1020114.JPG

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We call those Air Conditioners. They troll bank accounts. ;-)
Oh is it? Haha. Well we only have a/c here - in coffeeshops - switched on in the middle of winter (I could rant)

Edit: rant emoticon added :mad:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll just leave this here for ya.... :D

Overpriced insanity as usual, but man they really went off the deep end this time. :D

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of insanity... Nitrobex style transition.
Was looking at vid reviews for Clouper dna chip mods, and ran across one where a guy compares Hana Cloupor Mod with a ProVari.
Seriously, kinda like comparing a Chevette to a Corvette.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Speaking of insanity... Nitrobex style transition.
Was looking at vid reviews for Clouper dna chip mods, and ran across one where a guy compares Hana Cloupor Mod with a ProVari.
Seriously, kinda like comparing a Chevette to a Corvette.
Everyone's a reviewer hey ;) "here's a box. it's got buttons. watch me vape on it...." Pegasus is a good reviewer. His review on the IPV v2 shows what a review should really be about, and the fasttech Hana.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey Hobby, looky what I found....for $7.50...at the Mexican store..LOL

P1020118.JPG

Yes, it's the shitty non-injector bottles and not 'real' Guinness, but dammnit it's close enough!
drinking-8.gif

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Hobby, looky what I found....for $7.50...at the Mexican store..LOL

View attachment 4616

Yes, it's the shitty non-injector bottles and not 'real' Guinness, but dammnit it's close enough!
drinking-8.gif
Nice find. Saw you mention it in 4 words only. Tbh I don't think you can get real Guinness any more. They keep it for themselves. Seriously though, I did hear somewhere from a guy who knows a guy that nobody is actually getting real Guinness. (Note: this makes sense in my head but having trouble saying what I mean)

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Everyone's a reviewer hey ;) "here's a box. it's got buttons. watch me vape on it...." Pegasus is a good reviewer. His review on the IPV v2 shows what a review should really be about, and the fasttech Hana.
Isn't it the truth. So many 'experts'. I'll check out his review. I discovered him the other day. He does do a good job.

Everyone should watch that review. Help you get the most out your dna (like) mod.

Last edited:

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Isn't it the truth. So many 'experts'. I'll check out his review. I discovered him the other day. He does do a good job.
Oh I think he's great. I've learnt a lot listening to him. Check out his shopping reviews too where he compares sites and explains the differences in the same products being sold and why perhaps it makes sense to buy from one over the other.

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Trying to see how well the Cloupor DNA 30 board is doing. Found a sweet black and rose gold zna clone with that board. As sexy as the mod is, if board crashes it's nothing but a sexy paperweight.

VU Sponsors