Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think it has to do with the new regs. You can only sell to those that are over 18 now and have to card them if they are 27 or under. I think this is what online shops are going to have to do or ask for a copy of your license. I had a feeling something like this was coming. :(

Either that or have the delivery service card the recipient of the package. It's probably only going to get worse. They are trying to kill this industry.

Then they can ask for your Driver's lic... not YOUR SS!

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will stop using ecig.com today! I will try and call them tomorrow and see what they say. I will never buy from a vendor that wants my last 4 digits of my ss#. Anybody can look up what state your were born in( first 3 digits) and all then all they need is the two middle numbers:crazy::cuss2:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I will stop using ecig.com today! I will try and call them tomorrow and see what they say. I will never buy from a vendor that wants my last 4 digits of my ss#. Anybody can look up what state your were born in( first 3 digits) and all then all they need is the two middle numbers:crazy::cuss2:
I agree with you - I'm done with any vendor that does that
but the ss# is
first three - state it was issues, not where born
second two is the order it was issued for a given area
last four are when the application was processed in chronological order

edit: I was a PI back in the day, thankfully one of the good guys, but its not that difficult for me or one of the bad guys to figure it out

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is so damn aggravating that the FDA is going to make people release personal info to companies almost certainly leading to untold problems like identity theft or at the least fraud, making victims of who-knows-how-many-people so THEY can be sure no one under 18 is buying a damn mod!!!

EDIT: Not that I will give any out.... but many will without thinking twice!

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sunny Beach. :mad::mad::mad:
Four hours dealing with a nose bleed (kinda a new experience for me).
Relatively staunched off, finally, so I can sit up and have a vape and see what I missed.

Just for you @Jim_MDP I don't want you cringing unnecessarily.

Well, it should save you from re-typing the post over and over... not to mention a few billion innocent electrons that don't have to give up their existence needlessly.

"Wont somebody think of the particles?"

:p

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I agree with you - I'm done with any vendor that does that
but the ss# is
first three - state it was issues, not where born
second two is the order it was issued for a given area
last four are when the application was processed in chronological order

edit: I was a PI back in the day, thankfully one of the good guys, but its not that difficult for me or one of the bad guys to figure it out
Dam bird your magnum PI as well ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Bwahahaha!! That is all.
a man can dream brother.
Dam bird your magnum PI as well ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ive worn so many hats it would make a persons head spin. up until a few years ago, I have held at least two jobs at all times. I got hurt and went back to school to get my EE in 2011, graduated a few years ago. But before that I was a chef, PI, truck driver and worked on the river.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They can "ask" for anything. It's your decision to provide it or not.

The point is they shouldn't even be asking. A digital signature swearing you are over 18 should be enough to release the seller from liability. (I know... the FDA is making this happen... just saying.) And no, I won't provide any sensitive personal info.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Like i said early this week, my checking account was hacked somehow and 750.00 was stolen. I spent 2 hours on the phone getting that straight and still dont have the money back in my account. I am on high alert, going forward! Had to close accounts, cancelled cards and move money around to different accounts.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Like i said early this week, my checking account was hacked somehow and 750.00 was stolen. I spent 2 hours on the phone getting that straight and still dont have the money back in my account. I am on high alert, going forward! Had to close accounts, cancelled cards and move money around to different accounts.

What a bummer... so sorry to hear that. Hope you get your funds back directly. Fraud is not a quick or easy thing to fix. And identity theft is worse, Can ruin your credit score, leave you in debt you didn't know was being accumulated in your name, and cost hundreds of thousands to fix over a period of years. That's why it is so wrong to ask people to provide a SS # for a simple purchase. In fact the SS# system really needs to be replaced with some kind of bio-marker system. The SS# was fine pre-digital age, but now it's a joke that all our most sensitive data (bank accounts) are tied to this "secret, secure number" that is about as secure and secret as the front page of the NY Times. It is WAYYYY outdated. Let them use something TRULY secure to protect our bank accounts then we won't give a damn who gets the SS#!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
He makes Magnum PI look like Ned the 1st Reader.
bahahahahaha !!!!!!
only I don't have the skeazy stash

That's so fucked up! Sorry for the cussing, but i am pissed off!!
a free tool that I have used many times .... even worse is if you a have laxxusnexxis account, you can literally find out anything.
all you need is a persons last 4

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Holy shit. You made my point. The SS system has to go. That's what the FDA should be doing instead of screwing with the vaping community that is saving the world untold sums in medical bills by switching away from smoking to vaping... their time would be much better spent (and their FUNDING far better spent!) coming up with a new security system instead!

Douglas H. Aiken

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Holy shit. You made my point. The SS system has to go. That's what the FDA should be doing instead of screwing with the vaping community that is saving the world untold sums in medical bills by switching away from smoking to vaping... their time would be much better spent (and their FUNDING far better spent!) coming up with a new security system instead!
Apparently you don't understand their motivation.
No aspersion intended.
Follow the money.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Apparently you don't understand their motivation.
No aspersion intended.
Follow the money.

Unfortunately I do. They're all about the payola. Not unlike virtually all branches of gvmnt, one way or another.

EDIT: Plus I obviously wasn't being literal as the douche bags in there now are no more fit to come up with a system to replace SS than build a warp drive into the 30th century.

Last edited:

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Except their funding is from the payouts they get from people smoking and now using "tobacco products". Follow the money. In my great state of CA, there is literally billions of dollars that was taken in lump sum on the "bet" that people would still smoke.

Problem now is that smoking has decreased...states don't want to pay back, in most cases can't afford to pay back those bonds to Big Tobacco. This is the best solution to ensuring that that revenue stream keeps pumping.

If our country did not have a privatized medical system and actually cared about health, we would be like some others and actually welcome vaping. Vapers cost medical insurance, states money. Lump them in with smokers- problem solved!

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
In California when you order ejuice online and it shows up to your house. They check id to make sure your over 21. So idk why they can't just have the post man card you when it shows up to your house. Problem solved.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In California when you order ejuice online and it shows up to your house. They check id to make sure your over 21. So idk why they can't just have the post man card you when it shows up to your house. Problem solved.

That would add a lot of time and extra hassle to the postman's job, I'd think. Seems unfair to put the burden on them. And what if no one answers the door (your stuff gets delayed?) ...or the postman suspects an ID is fake. In some neighborhoods that might not play out well for the postman/lady. JMO.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That would add a lot of time and extra hassle to the postman's job, I'd think. Seems unfair to put the burden on them. And what if no one answers the door (your stuff gets delayed?) ...or the postman suspects an ID is fake. In some neighborhoods that might not play out well for the postman/lady. JMO.
In California the postman already verifies age when delivering ejuice. It's already done so I don't think it would be that far of a stretch. IMO...

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And here you go. Ecig replied...

They need the last four of your ssn, not the whole number, and they need that and a birthday that they cross reference with a data base to make sure you are who you say you are, we then need a copy of the DL sent to [email protected]. tts what the new FDA regulations require us to do

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

They need the last four of your ssn, not the whole number, and they need that and a birthday that they cross reference with a data base to make sure you are who you say you are, we then need a copy of the DL sent to [email protected]. tts what the new FDA regulations require us to do
Are you going to do it? That seems like a lot to have to do to buy a mod. It's not like it's Alcohol, Prescription Drugs, or even Nic. This is just Bull Shit. Would you have to do that to buy Cotton from them?

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are you going to do it? That seems like a lot to have to do to buy a mod. It's not like it's Alcohol, Prescription Drugs, or even Nic. This is just Bull Shit. Would you have to do that to buy Cotton from them?

Hell no! I told them i am done with them and they will never get one damn penny from me anymore! You can't even call in to place a order with them. Oh well, i will just get a couple more dna Lavaboxes:giggle:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Think about this for a minute. If you want to buy SS316 or cotton from them you need to do that crap.

If you order from Temco or go to the Drug Store you won't. If you order from China you won't either.

What's the moral of this story? This is all designed to kill the industry.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Boy am I ever glad I stocked up before the kill date. Everyone kept saying you have 2 more years. It's very clear if a certain agency gets their way, it's not going to happen. They are going to throw so many obstacles in our way, most people will just say F it and buy a pack of smokes. This a sad in time indeed that greed has made peoples lives meaningless. I'm beyond disgusted!

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
China will get all my business. It's sad though! How many people are going to lose their jobs! Ecig could close tomorrow as far as i am concerned!

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In California the postman already verifies age when delivering ejuice. It's already done so I don't think it would be that far of a stretch. IMO...
I've never had that happen, then again I so rarely buy juice but my sister does and she's never had to show I'd for juice. What city?

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

that's enough for me to figure out a ss# right there

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
A68C4FBE-0B37-47AD-B77B-AC011241E57F_zpsi0yli9bd.jpg

for whatever reason, this 1300mah batt is getting me through an entire day at 60w

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Boy am I ever glad I stocked up before the kill date. Everyone kept saying you have 2 more years. It's very clear if a certain agency gets their way, it's not going to happen. They are going to throw so many obstacles in our way, most people will just say F it and buy a pack of smokes. [...]

Or buy from China. Which is also infuriating since we are trying to support businesses in our own country as well. This is the last thing the economy needs... people losing their livelihoods.

But I truly don't think the FDA regs will stand. They are so unconstitutional, it isn't even a close call. I wonder how long it will take the courts to decide the lawsuit. Anyone have any idea what time track that's on?

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I'm also in CA but never order juice as I DIY. I wonder if the postman is called upon to check ID when delivering alcohol? Tobacco?? Prescription pills??? Nope! How ridiculous is this!

VU Sponsors