Become a Patron!

Help with TC settings please!

Mahanyc

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum & new to vaping. Just bought a Uwell crown tank with a pioneer4you ipv5 box mod, I'm in process to set my TC , since I was told to use TC with my crown, anyhow I went to TC--> JOULES--> F/C?

OKAY, so I picked F° but I dunno which value to set it goes up to 572, can someone help me with this kindly, I have a .25 ohm coil, and a 70/30 juice in my tank.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm sorry I can't help with the temp setting, I don't use TC, but you can use those same coils in Power (VW) Mode. SS coils can be used for TC or Power.

Most people will set their temp to where they get the best flavor and vapor production.

Mahanyc

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks, I'm trying to wick the coil now but unfortunately it's not unscrewing, lol so having a really frustrating time.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So the coil is installed in the base and you can't unscrew it? Do you have any nylon tipped pliers? Rubber type jar opener? Set it in the freezer for a couple minutes, maybe? I had an airflow control do this one time and I nearly threw it across the room, LOL. Good luck!

Mahanyc

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So the coil is installed in the base and you can't unscrew it? Do you have any nylon tipped pliers? Rubber type jar opener? Set it in the freezer for a couple minutes, maybe? I had an airflow control do this one time and I nearly threw it across the room, LOL. Good luck!
I know I'm so frustrated right now,lol because it's still not unscrewing so I can't wick it! And I have no idea what to do lol and I'm trying really hard to not smoke a cigarette and get this thing going lol.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I know I'm so frustrated right now,lol because it's still not unscrewing so I can't wick it! And I have no idea what to do lol and I'm trying really hard to not smoke a cigarette and get this thing going lol.
Are you using the RBA deck or a prebuilt coil?

Mahanyc

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't know what RBA is, pardon my ignorance. The coil came attached to the tank, i was able to unscrew it before but now it just won't come undone.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It may have become cross threaded, possibly. Will it push down our pull gently? Maybe put a cloth over it and try with needle nose pliers to turn it one way, then the other way. If the coil came with wicking in it, it's not the RBA. An RBA deck is one that you can build your own coil with. A prebuilt coil will already have the cotton in it. I hope this helps.

BTW, if it's marked as an Ni coil, definitely use that one in TC and not in Power mode.

Edited to correct.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Are you using the RBA deck or a prebuilt coil?
I'm confused myself. The Crown comes with a replaceable coil head pre-installed, and has two other replacement coil heads. One of those is a Ni200, one is a SS 0.5 Ohm, one is a SS 0.25 Ohm coil head. The RBA is an optional part, purchased separately.
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum & new to vaping. Just bought a Uwell crown tank with a pioneer4you ipv5 box mod, I'm in process to set my TC , since I was told to use TC with my crown, anyhow I went to TC--> JOULES--> F/C?

OKAY, so I picked F° but I dunno which value to set it goes up to 572, can someone help me with this kindly, I have a .25 ohm coil, and a 70/30 juice in my tank.
TC in simple terms, the Jules setting is for how fast the coil heats up, to set temperature for your eJuice. You'll have to find the sweet spot. Start with 45 Jules, and 400 F, increment the settings according to your eJuice and your preference. DON'T FORGET TO PRIME THE COIL/WICK WITH EJUICE PRIOR TO USING IT.

Mahanyc

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you guys, it's a ss 0.25 ohm double coil that came pre- built, but I was able to unscrew it earlier it's just stuck now, I might have to hit up my local cape shop and ask them to fix it, and also, even though I wicked it earlier the box mod still shows as dry coil, that's why I'm trying to unscrew and re-wick it.

Last edited:

Mahanyc

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Neunerball I do have my box Mod TC setting at 400F° and 45 jules, the batteries have juice too.I think it's the coil that's pretty much causing the problem.

Mahanyc

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You had to put cotton in the coil? Or do you mean juice?
The cotton is already in it, I just have to wick it with juice. But every time I try to unscrew the coil the whole top part comes apart but the coil, it's messy up in here,lol.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Ahh, thank you @Neunerball. I'm running out of ideas to get that coil out of the base.
Usually, it should not be hard to screw the replacement coil in/out. However, having it cross threaded, is going to make it tough. In this case, the only solution might be a pair of pliers, maybe sacrifice the coil head by doing so. Hopefully, no damage to the threads in the base occurs.
When re-assembling the coil head, I usually start turning the head counter clockwise, in order to find the proper thread. In general, don't over tighten any parts, otherwise you might damage the o-rings, which in turn can cause leaking.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Juice is defintely messy, lol. OK, I'm trying to visualize all this...

Crown coil, this screws into the base.

upload_2016-4-5_4-19-57.png

So, you're saying that the top of this piece is separating???

Mahanyc

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's what I am about to do now, get the pliers out, empty the tank and see if I can get it unscrewed.

Mahanyc

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
1459844727928-1417417804.jpg There, you see that black part on top of the coil is not unscrewing

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Forgive me, but I tried to blow the picture up so I could see it better.

upload_2016-4-5_4-31-0.png

Try grasping where I've drawn the red lines, not the blue. If that doesn't help, you may need to take the trip to the shop.

AND... never mind, lol. you fixed it!!! Yay!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Maybe add a drop on the threads as well, in order to lubricate them (for the next disassembly.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Now that that's all done... whew!

Ni coils - TC only
SS coils TC or Power.

Mahanyc

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Doing everything you guys suggested, gonna let it soak a little before trying ( fingers crossed). Also, set the tc on 400 F° , and 45 jules. It's a waiting game now lol.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So glad that worked out for you. Good for you for not giving up!

Bedtime for me. Goodnight you 2 and thanks for your help @Neunerball.

Welcome to VU Mahanyc!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
After filling it, open the airflow, and start vaping. At first, you might get a funny taste though. If that's the case, fire it up, and gently blow into the tip. It might take a few times. However, after that, you should be good to go. Now, you can start making adjustments.

Mahanyc

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay, simultaneously clicked +/- to lock the resistance which was 259. Took a long hit, sigh no vape lol.

Attachments

• 14598460187591370112544.jpg
    14598460187591370112544.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 4

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay, simultaneously clicked +/- to lock the resistance which was 259. Took a long hit, sigh no vape lol.
Do you get any error message? If you don't get any message, there are two reasons. One, you need to increment power and temperature settings. Try 47.5 Jules and 420 F. Two, your batteries power might be too low, in order to provide proper power to the coil

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
When your batteries are fully charged, increment the Jules and temperature one step at a time, in order to find the sweet spot for your eJuice.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll check back in a few hours, when I start working.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You have the wrong coil in for TC.
you have the 0.25 ohm power/wattage coil in.
You need to install the N!200 0.15 ohm coil to use TC

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Do you get any error message? If you don't get any message, there are two reasons. One, you need to increment power and temperature settings. Try 47.5 Jules and 420 F. Two, your batteries power might be too low, in order to provide proper power to the coil

He has the 0.25 coil in. it may work if that mod has SS mode but wouldn't it be a hell of a lot easier to put the NI200 0.15 ohm TC coil in?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Also you may want to bump that temp up to at least 420 to 440

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You are also going to have to go through the menu to see what TC mode you are in. There should be NI, TI, and maybe SS
For the coil you have in now it needs to be on SS

Mahanyc

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You have the wrong coil in for TC.
you have the 0.25 ohm power/wattage coil in.
You need to install the N!200 0.15 ohm coil to use TC

Actually I checked the mod, tank compatibility before buying, my coil is a SS 0.25 OHM, that works in TC mode, and Power mode , or at least thats what I saw everyone using on youtube. The Uwell crown with ipv5. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Attachments

• 20160405_045132.jpg
    20160405_045132.jpg
    473.6 KB · Views: 3

Mahanyc

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You are also going to have to go through the menu to see what TC mode you are in. There should be NI, TI, and maybe SS
For the coil you have in now it needs to be on SS
It shows its on SS.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
something we all forget about the crown ss coils is they have Ni legs. so TC might be thrown off.
when using joules mode aka temp mode (ni ,Ti, SS if you have material menus) you want to lock resistance with a cooled coil set to the correct matieral or with the proper temp offset not one that was fired. by that i mean let it sit 30 minutes to cool down and relock the base resistance

VU Sponsors