Become a Patron!

HIC's STRAWBERRY COTTON CANDY (easy)

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lol... I didn't know that's what you were referring to HIC... Lol. That is indeed one of my extremities. Nothing wrong with the bottle. Not sure how the flavor is yet. I just made a couple mixes the day before yesterday. Also been testing other flavors for a project. I have too many flavors steeping right now. I don't know how you do it HIC. I get flavor overload.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Same here! I have so many different flavors and juices to vape, but I'm so longing for a new one. I suppose if he just does up small batches to test on a dripper he will learn way faster than I will! If I like something, I mx at least a 30 and tank it.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

shake your flavorings before you measure:

2% FA Strawberry
2% FA Joy (new flavor, notes here: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/my-notes-on-flavourart-joy.86613/ )

shake and vape

Very, very sweet and very berry, too. These two flavors kind of reverberate off each other. Be aware the vapor smells like a carnival!

HI HIC, I was wondering since I have Joy and Strawberry in the mail as I type this along with some others. Such as Banana(Bano) from FA. Would you know if 2% Banana and 2% Joy would make a Banana Cotton Candy? or maybe even a Strawnana Cotton Candy? Also have Tiramisu(FA) coming to try your Tiramisu Cheesecake too, cant wait for that one. Any advice be great. Thanks

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HI HIC, I was wondering since I have Joy and Strawberry in the mail as I type this along with some others. Such as Banana(Bano) from FA. Would you know if 2% Banana and 2% Joy would make a Banana Cotton Candy? or maybe even a Strawnana Cotton Candy? Also have Tiramisu(FA) coming to try your Tiramisu Cheesecake too, cant wait for that one. Any advice be great. Thanks

I just threw that out there to give an idea of strength and a quick first mix with Joy. That was the first one I made with it that I liked. (wait...banana cotton candy is a thing? I'm hanging out at the wrong carnivals)

After that I mixed a bottle of plain Joy and began trying it paired with other flavors. Some have given me predictable results, some didn't taste much like I predicted at all. It's an interesting new one, for sure. It's not a plain cotton candy; there are definite fried-pastry notes in it, (definite vanilla in there, too) which some flavors seem to emphasize and others seem to cover up. I'm still looking for a pattern, if there is one.

Thanks for the tips and yes indeed there is Banana Cotton Candy. This was the first time I tried it this year as the Festival moved into our city. It was quite dam good too. Guess, I'll have to experiment with Joy and Banana to see. Thanks again.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi hic im new to recipes and i do love strawberry and struggle to get mine to pop standalone so would you say this would be a good one to start with?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hi hic im new to recipes and i do love strawberry and struggle to get mine to pop standalone so would you say this would be a good one to start with?

Mixing with a sharper, contrasting flavor is more likely to give you the impression of bolder flavor that you want. How about a strawberry lemonade with 4% Strawberry and 4% Lemon Sicily. Shake both before measuring, mix it up, shake and vape. If that doesn't give you the berry flavor you're after, FA is probably not the right berry flavor for you.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mixing with a sharper, contrasting flavor is more likely to give you the impression of bolder flavor that you want. How about a strawberry lemonade with 4% Strawberry and 4% Lemon Sicily. Shake both before measuring, mix it up, shake and vape. If that doesn't give you the berry flavor you're after, FA is probably not the right berry flavor for you.
Oh to late lol never mind iv already ordered the joy now lol thnx

happy vaping

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh to late lol never mind iv already ordered the joy now lol thnx

happy vaping
That joy is really nice on its own or mixed with other flavours. I mixed up 50 ml earlier 2%joy 2%strawberry 2%custard 50vg 50pg 3mg nic was going to let it steep but tried it and can't leave it alone on my second tank using lemo 2. 22 guage 2.5 mm id 5 wrap 0.3 ohm coil and it's great. Going to have to get some more joy this week flavour art UK has always got it in stock.it's like rockin horse shit in America so iv read on here.

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That joy is really nice on its own or mixed with other flavours. I mixed up 50 ml earlier 2%joy 2%strawberry 2%custard 50vg 50pg 3mg nic was going to let it steep but tried it and can't leave it alone on my second tank using lemo 2. 22 guage 2.5 mm id 5 wrap 0.3 ohm coil and it's great. Going to have to get some more joy this week flavour art UK has always got it in stock.it's like rockin horse shit in America so iv read on here.

Nice i may give that a try next then lol iv made a couple of 50/50 mixes the flavour seems abit better then 70/30 mix to me i think 50/50 is my new ratio

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thats why I started doing more 50 50 mixes the flavour is alot better I think anyway

Yeah definitely made 60ml of ry4 nutzilla last night that stuff is so nice lol
Edit: thats at 30/70 though so i gota try work out to try make it 50:50 ;/

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just tried this i dont know what to think of it lol its different but a nice mellow vape il try the lemon sikily and strawberry next, does that weakens after awhile though?

Vinaboy

Member For 4 Years
Thanks for this great but simple receipt. Is there a reason why you're vastly using FA Flavors instead of others like TPA etc.?

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for this great but simple receipt. Is there a reason why you're vastly using FA Flavors instead of others like TPA etc.?
I think its because they are more natural tasting but dont take my word on that lol im new to diy and this is my first one of HICs mixes and iv really grown to like this ALOT lol will definitely be making more the taste just seems to stay there unlike my others after 10mins i taste nothing

happy vaping

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A lot of people use fa because they are really strong so you only need a little to go a long way and they are free from nasty additives and taste good and good service and honestly I don't work for fa just like them.

Vinaboy

Member For 4 Years
Haha, thanks. Well i've ordered the flavor, will mix it and steep it like i always do with all my diy juice. I'll let ya know after i've tested it.

happy vaping you too :)

Bryon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Holy, mother......strawberry funnel cake. I have get me some Joy...lol

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I wonder if abit of fresh cream in that would go well

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

i just made this mix will try it tomoz
iv just made a 10ml batch of this with 2 drops of fresh cream but dont taste anything il leave it over night see what happens
Edit: lemon has come through but no strawberry :( why is strawberry so hard to taste grr lol

happy vaping

Last edited:

Vinaboy

Member For 4 Years
Ok, made first batch, vaped instantly after mixing and shaking, vaped after 1 week. Get softer after 1 week. I get this taste that i can't nail on strawberry. It's a good vape soft and lil' creamy. I'll test with other bases and keep reporting. It makes me wanna create remixes with other flavors. Time will show if i can achieve any good results. This Joy (FA) ist really interesting. Vape on friends.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok, made first batch, vaped instantly after mixing and shaking, vaped after 1 week. Get softer after 1 week. I get this taste that i can't nail on strawberry. It's a good vape soft and lil' creamy. I'll test with other bases and keep reporting. It makes me wanna create remixes with other flavors. Time will show if i can achieve any good results. This Joy (FA) ist really interesting. Vape on friends.
I cant nail strawberry! If u find a good recipe to make strawberry really pop letme know lol i love strawberry!!

happy vaping

Vinaboy

Member For 4 Years
Will do. Afaik a little citric acid or substitute of it will make strawberry and in general fruits pop, try that out :)

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Will do. Afaik a little citric acid or substitute of it will make strawberry and in general fruits pop, try that out :)
Citric acid? Is tht a flavour? Sorry for being dumb lol

happy vaping

Vinaboy

Member For 4 Years
No one is dumb Jason. It's a pulver u should get from pharmacy or a trusted shop of yours. 100% pure and dilute it in PG. some do it with microwaves some warm water bath, how much is really up to how strong you want it, i would start low. I'd recommend you this post

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No one is dumb Jason. It's a pulver u should get from pharmacy or a trusted shop of yours. 100% pure and dilute it in PG. some do it with microwaves some warm water bath, how much is really up to how strong you want it, i would start low. I'd recommend you this post
Cheers! I do have lemon sikily and i do have custard! Hic did say to try 4% lemon 4% strawberry but lemon over powered the strawberry and i noticed in that post somone said custard helps so il try maybe .5% lemon .5% custard and 4% strawberry

happy vaping

pwnby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
joy.jpg

Thanks for this one lol

VapnJake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yep... it's the last flavor I'm waiting on to come back in stock to place another of several more flavors...

Dawnie42

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks HIC! Made this last week, tonight had my wife try it and asked her what it tasted like to her, she said it was like the berries in the crunch berry cereal. Grabbed an old attempt of the cereal, dripped 5 drops cereal to 3 drops of this recipe and OMG, I am incorporating this into a recipe tomorrow!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks HIC! Made this last week, tonight had my wife try it and asked her what it tasted like to her, she said it was like the berries in the crunch berry cereal. Grabbed an old attempt of the cereal, dripped 5 drops cereal to 3 drops of this recipe and OMG, I am incorporating this into a recipe tomorrow!

Coool! I'm glad you found your missing link!

@VapnJake and @pwnby (and others looking), Joy is in stock here: http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-e-liquid/diy-e-liquid-flavors/flavourart-usa/joy-by-flavourart.html (as of Aug 10)

pwnby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks hic. you, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

HusbanAndWfe2013

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe im doing something wrong but our mix of this recipe came out very harsh...
Is there something we are doing wrong..
BTW we are using aspire tritons with eleaf istick 40w tc batteries.

Does it need to steep??

HusbanAndWfe2013

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For everyone wondering about the Canada site.. Their prices are in Canadian dollars not USD so shippings four dollars cheaper than it says.. Just Google Canadian dollar vs USD and it will calculate the difference to show what your really paying

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Maybe im doing something wrong but our mix of this recipe came out very harsh...
Is there something we are doing wrong..
BTW we are using aspire tritons with eleaf istick 40w tc batteries.

Does it need to steep??
Triton is a sub ohm tank rite?
All fa flavours are harsh to me sub ohm im vaping this now and its a little harsh to me but that goes away after a wile. Also have you took into account from the pg and nic levels? Or maybe try adjusting temp.
No this is a shake and vape

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Funny how varied peoples reactions seem to be with joy, everyones tasting something different? I havent mixed it on its own or this recipe but personally I love the stuff. The two best recipes I have made myself a donut and a cakey biscuit have both had joy in, it just seems to add a weird type of soft sugary pastry but weird in a very addictive way taste to me. Also @Jasonfox1988, saw earlier up you wanting some good strawberry recipes. Nicest two I have had so far have been sweet strawberries n cream , also the fresh03 strawberry milkshake. The maker has his own youtube channel that is pretty good as well under fresh03, here is the link to some of his recipes: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/list?filter=14617

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Funny how varied peoples reactions seem to be with joy, everyones tasting something different? I havent mixed it on its own or this recipe but personally I love the stuff. The two best recipes I have made myself a donut and a cakey biscuit have both had joy in, it just seems to add a weird type of soft sugary pastry but weird in a very addictive way taste to me. Also @Jasonfox1988, saw earlier up you wanting some good strawberry recipes. Nicest two I have had so far have been sweet strawberries n cream , also the fresh03 strawberry milkshake. The maker has his own youtube channel that is pretty good as well under fresh03, here is the link to some of his recipes: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/list?filter=14617
Thnx for that man! Il check that out last night i mixed up caps strawberries and cream at 12% in a 50/50 mix hoping this will be good i really struggle to taste strawberry for some reason.
Yes love joy aint tryed it on its own only this cotton candy

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I (like a lot it seems) have struggled with strawberry flavours too in a fair few recipes, on there own I have definately found the TPA Ripe to be the one you can taste most (which is in both of the linked recipes) . These recipes were the two that for me, the strawberry came through on. As people keep saying though.....shake the hell out of the bottles just before you mix

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I (like a lot it seems) have struggled with strawberry flavours too in a fair few recipes, on there own I have definately found the TPA Ripe to be the one you can taste most (which is in both of the linked recipes) . These recipes were the two that for me, the strawberry came through on. As people keep saying though.....shake the hell out of the bottles just before you mix
Yea always shake well lol.
Iv noticed there all high vg would it make a difference if i do them in 50/50 mixes ya think?

HusbanAndWfe2013

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Triton is a sub ohm tank rite?
All fa flavours are harsh to me sub ohm im vaping this now and its a little harsh to me but that goes away after a wile. Also have you took into account from the pg and nic levels? Or maybe try adjusting temp.
No this is a shake and vape

It is and its not the triton has four different types of coils, I'm using the 1.8 oHms right now. We also mix all of our stuff with max VG and only 6mg nicotine.
Thank you for the response.

jakeofnsm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I actually didn't like this as a shake and Vape.. For me (I know taste is subjective) FA strawberry doesn't come out until it sits a few days. After a good 4+ days, I got the strawberry and more of the 'funnel cake' aspects of joy, not so much cotton candy. It still tastes amazing though. I was wondering..how is FA raspberry is with joy? I only have CAP raspberry v2, and I really haven't been able to dial it in..tastes too much like candy for me.

jsc787

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Would upping this to 3-4% each be too much ? i love my flavors to be STRONG and punch me in the face lol

VU Sponsors