Become a Patron!

Hohm Slice

F

fckaugust8th

All you good folks preparing for the vapocalypse, it is here in California. Just got an email from MBV saying the stopped shipping to California due to the new vaping laws signed in by Gov. Brown, man''s name is same color as :poop:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it wasn't for the weather and all the family being out here I should would love to move out of California, the politicians are a bunch of assholes and the taxes suck.

F

fckaugust8th

Personally, I think our governor is a greedy waste of a human being. I didn't like him years ago, I despise him now. He and all the other greedy bastards jumped on the vaping community like a pack of dogs on a three legged cat. Where in the fucking hell are they going to get the revenue from when most vaping businesses will go tits up?

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have never understood their mindset. You can only take it from whomever for so long before whomever leaves. Then you step down a rung and take from there. Vape.....the lowest hanging fruit.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If it wasn't for the weather and all the family being out here I should would love to move out of California, the politicians are a bunch of assholes and the taxes suck.
Tell me about it... new York state resident here... taxes taxes taxes.

TDC123

Member For 4 Years
I can't make the firing button stick on my silver one. I have huge hands and it feels pretty comfortable. Of course the FSK chip kicks ass. The battery door... Maybe it could have been done better. It's not a really big deal to me but it can move around just a tiny bit if I'm holding it tight. The G2 is a tank but it was twice the price of the slice when brand new. The build quality is better on the G2 but the chip is really what I personally am paying for. No 510 issues or anything stupid like that so far. I thought the integrated up and down button seemed questionable at first but so far it works well. It makes getting into the FSK settings a bit easier actually.

F

fckaugust8th

It looks like CloudyVapor is sold out on the Hohm Slice and the only game in town is Vapor cube.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Deucesjack Your talking about a 4 July sale. My wife is gonna be pissed if I jump on this bandwagon. She added up everything I bought in the last two months. You don't want to know. I did tell her flavors don't count. She didn't buy it
Lmfao, yeah they can be like that. Last resort is to threathen to go back to smoking. That should shut her up for a while. Lol. Hey Brew, I'm pretty sure Vapor Cube is the Hohmtech company store because when they sent me the label to send back the Slice with the sticky firing button it was addressed to that store. The only good that has come out of this whole debacle is I got to start talking to Brent from The Cloudy Vapor. He is a stand up guy and totally went to bat for me on the Slice. He may not have ecig.com prices but in the customer service department he is right up there with the best of them.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All this talk and I'm back and forth on this mod. Guess I need the wait and see approach.

F

fckaugust8th

Hey Deuce, glad to hear that Vapor Cube takes care of you, but my red slice is still on the vine, waiting to ripen. I wanted to order a blue one, on their site it shows as being available but I'm leery of stepping into that one.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey Deuce, glad to hear that Vapor Cube takes care of you, but my red slice is still on the vine, waiting to ripen. I wanted to order a blue one, on their site it shows as being available but I'm leery of stepping into that one.
Yeah but I ordered from The Cloudy Vapor. My point is I think Vapor Cube is owned by Hohmtech since they're servicing it.

F

fckaugust8th

I think you're right. At least you got to hold it for a few minutes. I have to send one of my G2s to ecig, the battery cover sinks too far into the case and leaves a "lip" that gets quite annoying by the end of the day. I understand the mods are assembled in China, but there's got to be some QC, just the guy that passed mine was cockeyed!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think you're right. At least you got to hold it for a few minutes. I have to send one of my G2s to ecig, the battery cover sinks too far into the case and leaves a "lip" that gets quite annoying by the end of the day. I understand the mods are assembled in China, but there's got to be some QC, just the guy that passed mine was cockeyed!
Yeah, right now I'm not a big Hohmtech fan. I would strongly advise anyone else out there considering the Slice to wait until they get the kinks worked out. Not only is the sticky firing button unacceptable but its dangerous.

F

fckaugust8th

@Deucesjack I hear you, I was gonna order a white/silver one but I figured I'd wait some more. I'll order a Petri V2 for now and maybe another Alleria.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To the best of my knowledge if you watch pbusardos video where he sits down with Ben from hohm tech. Vaporcube used to be owned by Ben, he sold it off but they still do all the hohm tech stuff. I'm pretty sure I remember that from that video... it was a LONG video

VaporJag

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm so disappointed with the slice,The battery door is just God awful,feels like tin,flexes and creeks like crazy.I can't believe they would release something like this.It's unfortunate cause I really like the chip,I emailed hohm tech about this and their response was "rumor has it,there is a company accepting molds to make a case". Really,your going to fix it with a silicone sleeve?

F

fckaugust8th

@VaporJag, it seems that this first run is just one of those "let it go the way it is and screw the customers" type of thing, we'll fix it later attitude. It is sad but now I'm not so sure I want to buy more Hohm Tech mods. I was going by the quality of the first G2 when I ordered 3 more G2s and a Slice. I'm sending one of them back because the battery door is sunk-in leaving a "lip" that really bothers the hell out of me by the end of the day. I love the chip but the quality of the last couple of things from Hohm Tech leaves a lot to be desired.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm so disappointed with the slice,The battery door is just God awful,feels like tin,flexes and creeks like crazy.I can't believe they would release something like this.It's unfortunate cause I really like the chip,I emailed hohm tech about this and their response was "rumor has it,there is a company accepting molds to make a case". Really,your going to fix it with a silicone sleeve?
That company just has no social graces. They make a great mod and all but the way they interact with their customers certainly leaves a lot to be desired. Didn't have mine long enough to get annoyed by the battery door. I literally held mine for 10 minutes and threw it back in the box after experiencing the sticky firing button. It went back the same day I got it. Seriously considering canceling my red one. The only thing keeping me in on the red one is Brent from the Cloudy Vapor. He has been great thru this whole pathetic experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I should get my black slice on Monday, crossing my fingers now. The red slice is not supposed to ship until mid week, going to test the black right away to figure if it would be a better idea to cancel the red but ultimately that's my buddy's decision since I ordered it for him.

I don't think there will be any more pre-orders for me, looks like all the companies are rushing to get there mods on the market prior to the FDA deadline.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I should get my black slice on Monday, crossing my fingers now. The red slice is not supposed to ship until mid week, going to test the black right away to figure if it would be a better idea to cancel the red but ultimately that's my buddy's decision since I ordered it for him.

I don't think there will be any more pre-orders for me, looks like all the companies are rushing to get there mods on the market prior to the FDA deadline.
I'm done with pre orders from Hohmtech. Supposedly they're coming out with a 300w mod. They can scratch if they think I'm pre ordering that.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love the company being an American company and all but this is throwing me away from them. Recently there hasn't been too many good mods hitting the market. Seems to be a mod depression lately

F

fckaugust8th

I'm done with pre orders from Hohmtech. Supposedly they're coming out with a 300w mod. They can scratch if they think I'm pre ordering that.
It'll be a blizzard in hell before I pre-order any Hohm Tech anything. Yes, the chip they use is great but their attitude towards customers is disgraceful. They forget the reason they are making a decent income is us. We, the customers, made them a thriving enterprise and without our support they'll be asking "would you like fries with that?" for a living.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah indoor smokers messed that one up lmao. Said the slice was 300w
I don't know how that guy is even a reviewer. He should call himself toast because he's burnt.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hahahah aha I think I'd like him as a person but as a reviewer he miss informs way too much. Like every reviewer messes up but he's different

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hopefully, they can all this right. If not you will see these for $21.95 at FT.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm not worries about the 155w thing but through Tc on the sig 213 was horrible. And it didn't seem to lock resistance
Well, I just cancelled my prorder for the 213. Just didn't feel right. I'm making a new rule for myself. No more pre orders. Daniel from Djlsb just released his conversation with Sigelei and I have no faith whatsoever that they corrected the problem. Probably going to get another Ipv5 since the VT 133 is sold out.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Always sucks to order something and here that man... but better than getting stuck with something you hate.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just read through djlsb's messaging with sigelei and wow... definitely don't think I'll be buying a mod from them ever again

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just read through djlsb's messaging with sigelei and wow... definitely don't think I'll be buying a mod from them ever again
Yeah, it was a stupid move on my part. I violated my own rule. For the last year I have refused to buy any mod that was not upgradeable and it's served me well. Now I have 2 rules. Must be upgradeable and no pre orders.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, it was a stupid move on my part. I violated my own rule. For the last year I have refused to buy any mod that was not upgradeable and it's served me well. Now I have 2 rules. Must be upgradeable and no pre orders.

Yeah especially now with the way companies are dumping products on the market before they are ready. It's always been a crap shoot to be in the first run/batch but it's worse now than ever. I wouldn't buy a new mod until I've heard some feedback at the very least.

Cheers,
Steve

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah especially now with the way companies are dumping products on the market before they are ready. It's always been a crap shoot to be in the first run/batch but it's worse now than ever. I wouldn't buy a new mod until I've heard some feedback at the very least.

Cheers,
Steve
That's why I bought the g2 and not buying the hohm slice.

F

fckaugust8th

@Trusty, congrats on your G2, it is one of the best purchases in vaping gear. Make sure you check it thoroughly as soon as you get it cause there's a cockeyed sonbitch QC guy that passes some f'd up mods once in a while. Either on Monday morning hangover shift or late Friday at the end of the shift, but some wonky mods endup in our hands and some of us are getting soured on that.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Trusty, congrats on your G2, it is one of the best purchases in vaping gear. Make sure you check it thoroughly as soon as you get it cause there's a cockeyed sonbitch QC guy that passes some f'd up mods once in a while. Either on Monday morning hangover shift or late Friday at the end of the shift, but some wonky mods endup in our hands and some of us are getting soured on that.
Lol, cock eyed son of a bitch.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How are they messed up?

It varies, my G2 had trouble showing bad atomizers on a lot of my tanks. After a day or 2 of trying on different tanks the problem went away, must have been a solder joint on the 510 that eventually broke off or got pushed out of the way.

I am glad I kept on trying it as it would have cost me time and possibly money if the dealer was not able to verify the same problem which eventually went away for me.

I plan on putting the Slice through it's paces tomorrow, with all these reports I am a little nervous. Luckily vapor cube is only 20 minutes away so I can chew someones ear off in person if I have the same problem.

F

fckaugust8th

Since my Slice is still on the vine ripening from basic metal color to red, I can only comment on the G2. One of them had the battery door sinking to the point where a lip of about 1 mm is sticking out, a real pisser by the end of the day since my finger kept hitting the sharp edge/corner of the little protrusion used to lift the battery cover. A few of the lucky (or so they thought) people that did receive their Slice were reporting sticky fire buttons. So, it is a crap shoot, jus pays yo moneys and takes yo chances, let customer service deal with the rest.:vino:

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I ordered a g2 from ecig so it should be here by the end of the week and I know if there's any issues they'll take care of it

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well I ordered a g2 from ecig so it should be here by the end of the week and I know if there's any issues they'll take care of it
That's right. I can't wait for them to restock and carry some different mods. Maybe an ipv6. I like the brown one. It looks classy.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Deuces you said you cancelled your fuchai 213, didn't you have a tank that you ordered with that? Limitless maybe? You still getting that?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Deuces you said you cancelled your fuchai 213, didn't you have a tank that you ordered with that? Limitless maybe? You still getting that?
Yeah, I ordered another Ipv5 for my lady friend and made the rest up in coils. So my limitless tanks should be here this week. I'm gonna wait till the reviews are out on the ipv6 or the Vapor Shark DNA 133 Flask. I've been fiending for that flask.

VU Sponsors