Become a Patron!

Hohm wrecker 151 or Laisimo L3 200w?

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which one is better?
When I say better, I talk about function, quility, anesthetics?

I try to stay at 0.50ohm build, want to start going lower like 0.15ohm, use heat control instead of wattage. I want to know my battery voltage. Will use RDAs, subtanks. I am pretty set on the l3 cause of the information, touch, Bluetooth etc but I see the hohm being a nicer build? Qc is better there then with the L3? Just a guess there...

Iput would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The hohm wrecker G2 is one of the best mods I own. I have never owned the G1 version though, the G2 is better and with the new update does 171 true watts.
If you do get the wrecker g2 search the mod forum for the G2 thread, you will learn how to properly use it on there.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shit I'm also looking at the hcigar vt200

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which one is better?
When I say better, I talk about function, quility, anesthetics?

I try to stay at 0.50ohm build, want to start going lower like 0.15ohm, use heat control instead of wattage. I want to know my battery voltage. Will use RDAs, subtanks. I am pretty set on the l3 cause of the information, touch, Bluetooth etc but I see the hohm being a nicer build? Qc is better there then with the L3? Just a guess there...

Iput would be appreciated.

Just a heads up, I work in a vape shop and I have seen a few L3's come back with 510 problems, namely the lead wire that connects to it twists off.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do I have to get the g2?
Only difference I see is the g2 does 0.007
Where the older model does 0.05? Or 0.5ohms?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes! The G2 has xxx mode which lets you tc any material. It's also updateable and the G1 is not. Hohmtech is dropping a big update in the next few weeks.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have every manner of device, from HEMO's to mechs to Subvods. I believe the G2 is BY FAR the best TC device I own and possibly the best all around device for me. I am looking at picking up another one since the sale at ecig.com is still going on.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is there a coupon code for ecig?

Ill make the order now.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
when you sign up for an account on ecig.com you get code ecig10 which is good for a one time 10% discount. The G2 comes out to $65.70 shipped priority 2 day to you. You can't beat that.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright, I just got a hands on with the g2 holy sh*# it's huge! Not pocket able..... Hmm

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright, I just got a hands on with the g2 holy sh*# it's huge! Not pocket able..... Hmm

I don't put mods in my pocket, usually, but I have easily fit the G2 in my pocket at the shop while helping a customer. However, it is a big mod but it is so well built and efficient, I don't see it as a detriment.

Best of luck whatever you chose.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't put mods in my pocket, usually, but I have easily fit the G2 in my pocket at the shop while helping a customer. However, it is a big mod but it is so well built and efficient, I don't see it as a detriment.

Best of luck whatever you chose.
I def want it. Now to figure out an excuse to the gf why I need it. Lmao

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I def want it. Now to figure out an excuse to the gf why I need it. Lmao

If pocketability is an issue take a look at the Hohm Slice. Same board just better looking and more compact. No where near the G2 in build quality though. Still one of my favorite mods.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
when you sign up for an account on ecig.com you get code ecig10 which is good for a one time 10% discount. The G2 comes out to $65.70 shipped priority 2 day to you. You can't beat that.
I'm getting over 70...not priority shipping.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm getting over 70...not priority shipping.

$75 minimum to get priority. Did you create an account and get the coupon code?

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really like the G2.. I think it performs really well.. I just wish it wasn't an ugly box.. I am just not a fan of the look.. Feels and looks like my old segelei 100w. But I guess looks are subjective..

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yes! The G2 has xxx mode which lets you tc any material. It's also updateable and the G1 is not. Hohmtech is dropping a big update in the next few weeks.

has anyone tried this yet? I haven't but plan on trying soon once my NiFe wire comes in

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
has anyone tried this yet? I haven't but plan on trying soon once my NiFe wire comes in
Once you use xxx mode you'll be spoiled for all others. Most G2 owners drop the mod in xxx mode adjust the FSK Curve and vape on. After you get it dialed its beautiful. Once you use it for a while you get a feel for the curve.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I portability is your thing. I personally just ordered the IPV6x.. I am expecting it today.. Been in the market for a very small dual 18650 for a while now.. Can't comment on how well it works for I never had a YiHi chip before but based on reviews it is a very solid device..

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Once you use xxx mode you'll be spoiled for all others. Most G2 owners drop the mod in xxx mode adjust the FSK Curve and vape on. After you get it dialed its beautiful. Once you use it for a while you get a feel for the curve.

sounds good. I've been using the SS mode for my builds and kenthal mode for my tanks. works pretty good overall

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK this is the million $ question.
Will the hohm wrecker g2 fire these coils in single or dual mode?
0a92dcf2a7db94de18aa64c80aae7b00.jpg
1fbfca155e22df016f6b6647f1965952.jpg

My KBox mini can't hang with just one of these fatties. Whole reasion why I'm stepping my game up on wattage.

Second question: press fire with no addy then install one will it automatically set the ohms? Does it save it or do I have to repeat the reseat process each time I turn the device on.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

My KBox mini can't hang with just one of these fatties. Whole reasion why I'm stepping my game up on wattage.
Np.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

easily. dual coils would be .25 ohms. I usually build in the .1 to .2 range
I'm firing a 6 coils .17 build right now on it. I think it fires all the way down to .007 IIRC

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
easily. dual coils would be .25 ohms. I usually build in the .1 to .2 range
I'm firing a 6 coils .17 build right now on it. I think it fires all the way down to .007 IIRC
There was a 2nd question in my post.
I also need a clone rda of some sort to accompany these fat ass coils because they take up too much room in my little brass doge v2!!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
There was a 2nd question in my post.
I also need a clone rda of some sort to accompany these fat ass coils because they take up too much room in my little brass doge v2!!

Velocity V2, Tsunami 24 (authentic one is only like 30 bucks), So horney clone (10 bucks on fastech a little big but can do up to 6 coils easily) , avcado 24 (if you want one with a tank but i prefer the drippers to it personally)

Yes it'll automatically set the ohms. no need for you to do anything with that

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I know it's not a dripper but my absolute favorite tank to use on a G2 is a Boreas. Deck is pretty big and can accommodate most coils. The Avocado 24 does real well on the G2 as well.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright the last toss up, title should have been the hohm wrecker vs slice!

I am now thinking the hohm slice will work well for me. Same as the wrecker but with a single 26650. Any reason why I should still get the wrecker g2 over the slice? IMHO the slice looks good feels great and doesn't look like some weird home brew box

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

I am now thinking the hohm slice will work well for me. Same as the wrecker but with a single 26650. Any reason why I should still get the wrecker g2 over the slice? IMHO the slice looks good feels great and doesn't look like some weird home brew box

Personally I prefer dual 18650s. I have like 5 mods that sue them so it's easier to manage batteries instead of needing different types.

Objectively, the dual 18650 will give you better run time then the single 26650. That should be the only difference.

So I personally vote for the G2

looked up specs on the slice.

G2 is a tough aluminum alloy. slice is made of plastic
G2 has a 171watt limit slice has a 101 watt limit

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Like I said the glaring difference between the 2 is build quality. The G2 does 171w the Slice does 101w. I have 2 G2's and 2 Slices. The Slice is my favorite mod but the build quality is no where near the G2. If you go with the Slice get the LE and the black Basen batteries. The LE is worth the extra $10 for the fast charging. Comes in handy on the road. The Basens are good 26650's. Get 2 right away. Stay away from the yellow MXJO’s.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Second question: press fire with no addy then install one will it automatically set the ohms? Does it save it or do I have to repeat the reseat process each time I turn the device on.

You could mount every single coil on that picture and it would still fire them..Ive fired this beast below and its a .02 Ohm build....

13671263_1024526377661503_1470156045_n.jpg

The G2 is a workhorse that will fire AND TC anything you put on it. Its almost indestructable and the menu system is easy to get around in.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
You could mount every single coil on that picture and it would still fire them..Ive fired this beast below and its a .02 Ohm build....

View attachment 60104

The G2 is a workhorse that will fire AND TC anything you put on it. Its almost indestructable and the menu system is easy to get around in.

How did it work though? I've been thinking about dropping 6 fused claptons in the so horney, which would be about a .04

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

If your going to take it out and about with you then the Slice is the way to go. At home the G2 is what I always grab first.
If your power hungry then the G2 will satisfy you better than the Slice. The Slice is no slouch though, powerful compact beast.
Thank god I haven't dropped either of my Slice yet, I have dropped 2 of my G2's though and they both just suffered small dings on the bottom corners, tuff as nails. One of them the magnet came off the battery door, a little crazy glue and I was back in business.
If I had to choose between the 2 it would be the G2 just because I want that extra power. If I was 80 watts max then it might be a coin flip.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If your going to take it out and about with you then the Slice is the way to go. At home the G2 is what I always grab first.
If your power hungry then the G2 will satisfy you better than the Slice. The Slice is no slouch though, powerful compact beast.
Thank god I haven't dropped either of my Slice yet, I have dropped 2 of my G2's though and they both just suffered small dings on the bottom corners, tuff as nails. One of them the magnet came off the battery door, a little crazy glue and I was back in business.
If I had to choose between the 2 it would be the G2 just because I want that extra power. If I was 80 watts max then it might be a coin flip.

I don't think I'll ever go past 100w, especially since I use VW a lot. Also, does the Alice offer that anti burn cotton deal like the g2?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't think I'll ever go past 100w, especially since I use VW a lot. Also, does the Alice offer that anti burn cotton deal like the g2?

Alice has the same board as the G2. Lol

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Yes it has all the temp control options. pretty sure it's the same chip

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I have a couple of tanks that just want a lot of power and run better on the G2 over the slice.

Right now the Slice has more advanced firmware, the G2 will catch up with a future firmware update. In real world use I can't tell the difference though. They both have the xxx mode, thats all that really matters to most.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a couple of tanks that just want a lot of power and run better on the G2 over the slice.

Right now the Slice has more advanced firmware, the G2 will catch up with a future firmware update. In real world use I can't tell the difference though. They both have the xxx mode, thats all that really matters to most.

Firmware update for both the G2 and Slice will be out in a few weeks. The update is supposed to bring both devices on par with each other as far as features go.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How did it work though? I've been thinking about dropping 6 fused claptons in the so horney, which would be about a .04
Its a bit hotter then you'd want at 60w even..it was supposed to be a show piece but I find it as a bar that sets the G2 above any other mod Ive touched this far...

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Firmware update for both the G2 and Slice will be out in a few weeks. The update is supposed to bring both devices on par with each other as far as features go.

Everytime you mention the firmware updates it brings on a big grin on my face . It always gets me pumped knowing that 2 of my favorite mods will just get better.

VU Sponsors