Become a Patron!

Hohm wrecker 151 or Laisimo L3 200w?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Its a bit hotter then you'd want at 60w even..it was supposed to be a show piece but I find it as a bar that sets the G2 above any other mod Ive touched this far...
maybe I'll just give 4 a shot first. Thanks. BTW how did your coil wars submission go?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Personally I prefer dual 18650s. I have like 5 mods that sue them so it's easier to manage batteries instead of needing different types.

Objectively, the dual 18650 will give you better run time then the single 26650. That should be the only difference.

So I personally vote for the G2

looked up specs on the slice.

G2 is a tough aluminum alloy. slice is made of plastic
G2 has a 171watt limit slice has a 101 watt limit

For the record and I could be wrong I think the Slice is some type of aluminium alloy. I'm no metallurgist but it's definitely not plastic. If by some chance it is plastic then it's one hell of a hard plastic.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the record and I could be wrong I think the Slice is some type of aluminium alloy. I'm no metallurgist but it's definitely not plastic. If by some chance it is plastic then it's one hell of a hard plastic.
It is a zinc alloy, not plastic.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Someone do a vehicle test on it and drive over it like the g2.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If your going to take it out and about with you then the Slice is the way to go. At home the G2 is what I always grab first.
If your power hungry then the G2 will satisfy you better than the Slice. The Slice is no slouch though, powerful compact beast.
Thank god I haven't dropped either of my Slice yet, I have dropped 2 of my G2's though and they both just suffered small dings on the bottom corners, tuff as nails. One of them the magnet came off the battery door, a little crazy glue and I was back in business.
If I had to choose between the 2 it would be the G2 just because I want that extra power. If I was 80 watts max then it might be a coin flip.

Could u post some pics side by side between the g2 and slice?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
It is a zinc alloy, not plastic.

i was going by this review which says it's plastic
http://vaping360.com/hohm-tech-hohm-slice-preview/

I looked at Hohmtechs site, the G2 has full specs on it (alluminm alloy) the slice doesn't list what it's made of

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
d67016dc04fdb57c6f2f20dbbf2bcf94.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dayum I wish I didn't see that, I already regret getting the se instead of the le version of the black.....fml

I'll make my decision by Sunday.
If I go with the wrecker I want red and silver cause it looks sick and I like gold so gold goes good with red... Or I guess I can do all black but that is boring!
As for the slice.... Looks like it'll be black. SO WHAT'S the differences between SE AND LE?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
i was going by this review which says it's plastic
http://vaping360.com/hohm-tech-hohm-slice-preview/

I looked at Hohmtechs site, the G2 has full specs on it (alluminm alloy) the slice doesn't list what it's made of
I know. It was originally supposed to be plastic but Hohmtech didn't want to put their name on it cause it felt real cheap and had no heft to it. That's why the release was late because they went with the zinc alloy.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If I go with the wrecker I want red and silver cause it looks sick and I like gold so gold goes good with red... Or I guess I can do all black but that is boring!
As for the slice.... Looks like it'll be black. SO WHAT'S the differences between SE AND LE?

Here's a review I did. It will answer all your questions.

http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/251381/

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

So the same setup as i showed in the pic earlier that I'm using. good choice :) :cheers:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I know. It was originally supposed to be plastic but Hohmtech didn't want to put their name on it cause it felt real cheap and had no heft to it. That's why the release was late because they went with the zinc alloy.

Ah makes sense. Nothing wrong with zinc alloy. I think thats whats the VT133 uses

Qlippoth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Argh. I want the hohm wrecker g2 but they don't deal with courier services so I can't have one shipped here. Ecig.com is the only one I can find that's 70 usd, others have them at 100++. Sucks.

Sent from my H220 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Argh. I want the hohm wrecker g2 but they don't deal with courier services so I can't have one shipped here. Ecig.com is the only one I can find that's 70 usd, others have them at 100++. Sucks.

In the trading post someone here is selling some for 80 bucks. Might be worth checking out if they have any left

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Wait for next weeks labor day sales and check vaporcube.com, they are affiliated with hohm tech and had a killer 4th sale.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wait for next weeks labor day sales and check vaporcube.com, they are affiliated with hohm tech and had a killer 4th sale.

Good call.

Qlippoth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Okay, I'll do just that. Thanks!

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone ordered from
Vape royalty?

I have ordered from them about 3 or 4 times. Once I did have a problem with a faulty tank and they replaced it after sending pics. Solid company and I would not hesitate to order from them again.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have ordered from them about 3 or 4 times. Once I did have a problem with a faulty tank and they replaced it after sending pics. Solid company and I would not hesitate to order from them again.

Now to find coupon codes or wait for a sale.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Has anyone ordered from
Vape royalty?

Solid company. I've ordered from them a few times. no issues. The return process is slow if you get something defective. And you have to send them a video of why it's defective before they issue an RMA

Flyhigh92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i have em for 80 and have a couple left if you want one

Flyhigh92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
but regardless of how u get it hohm all the way its like the only mod i use

Chris Peltz

Member For 4 Years
Alright the last toss up, title should have been the hohm wrecker vs slice!

I am now thinking the hohm slice will work well for me. Same as the wrecker but with a single 26650. Any reason why I should still get the wrecker g2 over the slice? IMHO the slice looks good feels great and doesn't look like some weird home brew box

I have both. Get the G2, no question. The Slice build quality is shoddy AT BEST - wobbly door, paint chipping on day one, heavier in the hand, and I have found that the chassis moves quite a bit when I am vaping on the Slice. It just isn't up to the same quality as the G2.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Made my purchase 1AM sat morning, over at Raindrop Vape. They shipped it today! and it should arrive Monday!
Was able to get some hands on time with the WRECKER and Slice, the slice le won.
I will get a G2 eventually but I am on the go a lot and am not going to tote around a G2.
add a Avocado 24 and I should have something i can be happy with or NOT lol

if the door is wobbly ill tape it, if the paint chips HELLO PLASTIDIP.
I bought something to use daily not sit on a shelf to look purddy

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my Slice and the extra $10 for the LE was worth it. For some odd reason I find myself carrying the G2 everywhere and the Slice in the car. The reason really is that I dropped my mods so many times I have several with me at all times. The Slice is definitely zinc alloy, not plastic, a bit wobbly here and there but a solid performer. If the G2 could kick my ass for the many times I dropped it, I'd be all bruised. No kidding, the G2 can take all the abuse and keeps working.
Now to wait for the Labor day sales, get another Slice (or two) to keep company to the three G2s. I have the red slice, I will be getting the blue and maybe a silver one too.
Of all the mods I own , Triade and Vaporflask DNA133 included, the G2s are the tougest ,ugliest, most loved, most used mods. I should say that the flask and Triade stay in the house, they're too purdy to be taken out and abused.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Made my purchase 1AM sat morning, over at Raindrop Vape. They shipped it today! and it should arrive Monday!
Was able to get some hands on time with the WRECKER and Slice, the slice le won.
I will get a G2 eventually but I am on the go a lot and am not going to tote around a G2.
add a Avocado 24 and I should have something i can be happy with or NOT lol

if the door is wobbly ill tape it, if the paint chips HELLO PLASTIDIP.
I bought something to use daily not sit on a shelf to look purddy
This is going to sound silly but the door is wobbly for the first 2 or 3 days and then it settles in.

Chris Peltz

Member For 4 Years
Nope. Mine never did. I had to do the black tape fix on it. But what really bugs me is the chassis moving once in a while when I am firing it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All these gripes about the slice, we need more reviews of it.
I can't see it being junk, sure maybe some of you got bad ones...?

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
All these gripes about the slice, we need more reviews of it.
I can't see it being junk, sure maybe some of you got bad ones...?

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk
This place is no different than any other forum or community. Peoples opinions vary and that's a good thing. You're never going to get everyone to come to a general consensus on any one mod or tank. I know people here that swear by Smok products, I have yet to be impreseed. I love the DNA, but some people here hate it and find it to techie. It all comes down to personal wants and needs and getting to know people here. Vapers tend to associate with vapers that like the same things as they do. It's human nature and happens in almost every aspect of life. Develop some friendships with people here, build trust, use your own experience and make your decisions based on that. That's what most of us do.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like Deuces said, it comes down to preference. I own both versions of the flask, the Wismec/Vape forward 150w and the Vaporshark DNA133. I can tell you for a fact that the DNA133 is several orders of magnitude better made. The fit, the finish, the feel, they are all perfect.
The G2 battey cover snaps into place perfectly, the Slice lid....it is what it is. I'm not bashing the Slice it is a great mod, it's just that based on the G2 fit and finish (BTW I own 3 G2s and one Slice) we expected the same quality overall and we are disappointed.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Like Deuces said, it comes down to preference. I own both versions of the flask, the Wismec/Vape forward 150w and the Vaporshark DNA133. I can tell you for a fact that the DNA133 is several orders of magnitude better made. The fit, the finish, the feel, they are all perfect.
The G2 battey cover snaps into place perfectly, the Slice lid....it is what it is. I'm not bashing the Slice it is a great mod, it's just that based on the G2 fit and finish (BTW I own 3 G2s and one Slice) we expected the same quality overall and we are disappointed.
All very true. I do think the form factor of the Slice kind of cancels out the wiggly door and poor finish. At least for me it does. I also try to put things in perspective. I paid almost the same amount for VF Flask as I did for my Slice. The Slice is still going and has a 500 day warranty. My Flask in dead in the water and I just saw a vendor that's dropping them for $39. So, all things being equal it looks like the Slice is a better buy. Like I said in another thread from now on I'm only buying Yihi, Evolv, or FSK boards. I'm done with all the other junk. I may pick up a few Hexohms as an extreme back up.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really can we compare a g2 to the slice. They feel like two very different devices. Mainly because one is a dinosaur form factor (BOX Mod).

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Really can we compare a g2 to the slice. They feel like two very different devices. Mainly because one is a dinosaur form factor (BOX Mod).

They may feel different but both vape like a dream.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you @Deucesjack, I ordered another VF flask, I will try to put a FSK chip in it.

I am crossing my fingers it is something that would work. I have given it some thought but feel the tricky part would be the 4th mode button. It would be sweet to take out the crap chip in the Sigelei 213 and put an FSK chip in there.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am crossing my fingers it is something that would work. I have given it some thought but feel the tricky part would be the 4th mode button. It would be sweet to take out the crap chip in the Sigelei 213 and put an FSK chip in there.
I hope you can do it. This is way out of my wheel house. I'm all thumbs. Lucky I can build a simple coil. Lmfao.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm sure it will take some creative "fixes" but we'll see.
The button spacing on the Slice seems real close to the Flask. The mode button is going to need to be drilled out. You may be able to squeeze it in above the fire button of the Flask but it'll be tight.

VU Sponsors